THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

To be honest it's a question of trying it and see what happens. I have a 3.5 which marries up to the CQBR barrel length. If I use the 4.5 or 5.0 the question

is will the valve let through more gas at it's minimum setting than say a 3.5 will? Buy one and let us know.. It's all a learning curve for everyone :)

i thinking about gold one 4.5, so i let you know how it is working👍

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Handily I can't post on that group as they have refused to let me join.

He doesn't say *what* is jamming? The bolt? The valve/NPAS? 

Silver RATech will jam in a TM nozzle and needs sanding to move smoothly.

A quick and cheap option for him to try is to glue a 0.1mm gear box shim to the back of the TM valve. That will close the gap the gas flows through a tad and will drop the FPS. A bit trial and error but worth a shot!

Thanks I'll pass this on

50 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Those brass bits wear out fast, good to have a spare 👀

How much was that lot delivered/fees if you don’t mind?

Hi Dave

The whole lot was £56 delivered of which £14 was postage. It’s still way cheaper than if you bought these items in the UK.  

On another note, I’m about to order something which may be ITAR controlled. This will be fun ;) 

Edited by AlphaBear

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

On another note, I’m about to order something which may be ITAR controlled. This will be fun ;) 

*tries to order a triglide buckle from the US*

ITAR CONTROLLED! THE RED COATS WILL INVADE IF WE SHIP THESE OVERSEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Hey folks there's this lad on FB who is struggling with jams on his mws, I'm stumped could anybody help:-

Hello folks, I got a serious jamming problem with my mws. All stock.

Original valve ? Perfect.

Ratech npas valve ? Jam

G&p adjustable valve ? Jam 

I already tried with an heavier buffer (g&p), heavier nozzle spring (a 150%) and heavier buffer spring (g&p).

I can't think about it anymore about how the fk is physically possible and why the fk no one has this problem with npas.

Comment:-

Already done: I tried with different bucking, different hop lever, different buffer, different buffer spring, different valve spring, different nozzle spring, different bbs. Nothing changed.

And when I put the original marui valve, it works like always.

It's some kind of japanese curse i guess

TY all

Various people have suggested this that and the other but none help, he needs an npas of some description otherwise he'll be over his field limit.

Any thoughts

https://m.facebook.com/groups/TMInfoGroup/permalink/1149603288876457/

Update on this guy (Anthony blunt)'s fault

Matt Mills double and triple feed in full auto. When I pull the trigger no bb comes out like it should, one just roll out of the barrel, one is just spitted out, another one breaks in it end so on. Like the cycle was wrong.

But I can't figure out how it is possible just changing the valve

@AlphaBear
I can confirm that this barrel wrench, with a light tap, fits into the rail barrel nut like a dream! Getting everything off with loctite is no picnic, you'll need to apply heat with a hairdryer for a few minutes to loosen the nut

No need to ship from the states is a bonus.

https://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Barrel-Nut-Wrench-p/tc22-wrpro.htm

Edited by Recoil_
More added

11 minutes ago, Recoil_ said:

@AlphaBear
I can confirm that this barrel wrench, with a light tap, fits into the rail barrel nut like a dream! Getting everything off with loctite is no picnic, you'll need to apply heat with a hairdryer for a few minutes to loosen the nut

No need to ship from the states is a bonus.

https://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Barrel-Nut-Wrench-p/tc22-wrpro.htm

Oh I know them they are up the road from me.  Well kinda. They also have a lot of Magpul gear just FYI 

Got the magpul bad lever and bolt locks back fine on stock bolt stop so far.

A warning to others do ot use the bad lever as it marks the body of the gun, even after sanding the back lots it will still catch :(

Big waste of £35 ffs :(

2131663228_IMG_20210521_1206489292.thumb.jpg.d98e697a966532bdb6326100d379651c.jpgIMG_20210521_125238330_HDR.thumb.jpg.86bda6ce7b0bff48310735c42f25ed12.jpg

A warning to others do ot use the bad lever as it marks the body of the gun, even after sanding the back lots it will still catch :(

Edited by GothicGhost

• Supporters
3 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

2131663228_IMG_20210521_1206489292.thumb.jpg.d98e697a966532bdb6326100d379651c.jpgIMG_20210521_125238330_HDR.thumb.jpg.86bda6ce7b0bff48310735c42f25ed12.jpg

Yup i found that the hard way too.

Also my bolt lock stopped working as well so double d'oh

I never liked the idea of the bad lever anyway. Lots of extra surface area to get caught on stuff and weight to stop it from working properly. Much prefer the PDQ style one on the MTR16. Trouble is for that it's just about the only though about it that I like!

52 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Much prefer the PDQ style one on the MTR16. Trouble is for that it's just about the only though about it that I like!

I completely agree with this sentiment. I got an MTR used so I could use the ambi lower on my competition gun. Good job I got a good second hand price as the only bits that survived were the lower itself the buffer tube, charging handle and the silver bolt (which makes no difference to me). All the remaining parts were replaced. I even went as far as using a standard MWS upper receiver so I could still have a functioning forward assist.

I used the spare MWS lower and MTR upper to make a, 8” PDW build where the forward assist deletion makes much more sense for concealed carry.

58 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I completely agree with this sentiment. I got an MTR used so I could use the ambi lower on my competition gun. Good job I got a good second hand price as the only bits that survived were the lower itself the buffer tube, charging handle and the silver bolt (which makes no difference to me). All the remaining parts were replaced. I even went as far as using a standard MWS upper receiver so I could still have a functioning forward assist.

I used the spare MWS lower and MTR upper to make a, 8” PDW build where the forward assist deletion makes much more sense for concealed carry.

Right? If you're going to have an upper without forward assist at least make it smooth sided

Regarding the 4.5 and 5.0 nozzles on shorter than required inner barrels. It shouldnt work: if you put a standart tm nozzle in longer barrel it gives an absurd amount of FPS but has no gas efficiency and etc. Those nozzles are adapted for longer barrels and to my knowledge they should give LESS gas output for them, so if you will put it inside SHORTER barrels then they were constructed for the gun either wont shoot, will give a low fps, could as well jam.

But hey it's just words of caution, let me know your findings on this one. :D

42 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Note to self, stop reading this thread.

Its £500 + that I don’t want to spend

i have an m4 ngrs that does everything I want

i cant give a good reason to justify the purchase

its another toy that I don’t need

i thought I wanted a gbls das for the ease of use but the price and that trigger oooof!

i should be selling not buying as I already have other rifs that barely get used

im a grown man who still enjoys running around shooting toy guns and should know better

i have a real .22lr m4 so I can’t say “it’s because I can’t have realism I need a gbb

i still want one

And??? You know you want to....

6DBB973C-C6EB-4975-8A97-8EAA28AC4BC1.gif

Edited by AlphaBear

I wonder though what is the difference between "g&p enchanced 5.0 nozzle set" and "g&p 5.0 npas nozzle set"... To me it looks like nozzle stop is different but the nozzle itself only differs by NPAS having a screw in it and "enchanced nozzle" not... If thats true I will be able to use NPAS nozzle with adjustable nozzle stop if i find NPAS unreliable? 

Will have to try this when i get back on monday, damn, i cant wait to field my MTR next Sunday again!

2 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Note to self, stop reading this thread.

Its £500 + that I don’t want to spend

i have an m4 ngrs that does everything I want

i cant give a good reason to justify the purchase

its another toy that I don’t need

i thought I wanted a gbls das for the ease of use but the price and that trigger oooof!

i should be selling not buying as I already have other rifs that barely get used

im a grown man who still enjoys running around shooting toy guns and should know better

i have a real .22lr m4 so I can’t say “it’s because I can’t have realism I need a gbb

i still want one

I haven’t touched my electric guns since buying my MWS, and now MP7.  The AEG’s feel like lifeless, over complicated toys.  I’ve started selling them off on a last in first out basis.

Years ago GBBR’s were horrendously unreliable, but they’ve really matured as a product these days. I’ve also had to learn a bit about gas, and I’ve had my MWS out successfully out in the snow.

On 21/05/2021 at 13:44, GothicGhost said:

Just bought one and I’ve seen this! Worth putting a small pad on the back?

1 hour ago, Recoil_ said:

Just bought one and I’ve seen this! Worth putting a small pad on the back?

I was thinking same thing this today lol but need to find something thin but durable.

Hi folks. I know this has probably already been answered but I can’t find it in this mammoth thread.

are the threads on the upper receiver aeg spec, rs spec or proprietary? 

I’m having an arse of a time getting rails to fit. I am aware that you need the pts adapter to make rails fit properly but it’s actually getting the delta ring to actually do up that’s the problem.