Jump to content

THE TM MWS thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

 

Also UPS came and thanks to this thread I am £600 down and still more stuff I need to order 🤣🤣

 

 

IMG_20210429_145153395.jpg

IMG_20210429_145403674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210429_160949555~2.jpg

 

Well serves you right for reading this thread lol ;)

 

What are your plans for the CQBR?

4 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I would but they are all assembled as I have been testing them! One day when I am bored I will

 

EDIT I have measured the very old and worn TM one and the "old" but less used DP one - the DP is 0.41mm longer over all. New pic is the TM (left) and Old DP (right) side by side.

 

It seems that the lightweight bolt has worse issues with low fps randomness. I think that certain combinations of bolt and nozzle mean the the BB can be seated too deep in the bucking meaning less fps and hop. New TM bucking with 4 clicks on the adjuster...may need one or two more but I only have a 10m range!

 

DP nozzle with DP valve and G&P stop (low) in a DP lightweight bolt is giving 260fps (0.30g, ASG gas, 14degC)

Same set up with G&P stop in the mid position = 315fps.

 

No weird drops in power, all nice and consistent :)

 

TM bolt with AG Mk2 complete nozzle is giving 270fps +/-5fps. Plenty of adjustment either way to compensate for the weather and ammo weight.

 

I have the TM and AG Mk1 nozzles as spare spares should I trash the other two!

20210429_195852.jpg

 

The strange results with the TM nozzle are more than likely down to the wear on the front end of the nozzle...  I would expect each shot to drop by an FPS or 2 simply due to the reduction in the volume of gas and hence less pressure in the mag. The erratic behaviour implies there is as compression issue that's for sure.... Also make sure the sealing buffer (the rubber washer) is properly lubed up each time you take the bolt apart...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, many days after starting, I've finally finished all 200 pages. Apart from figuring out that I really need to do more with my spare time, here are my main take homes from the thread: The M

so I eventually joined the MWS club and to make it have a variable FPS because of the crazy UK weather I fitted an NPAS I was worried that the little adjustment tool would disappear into my

As a lot of threads end up with one of us recommending the Tokyo Marui MWS, and i get PM's asking about it, i figured I'd start a thread to keep all of the information in one place. Here i plan on cov

8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

 

Well serves you right for reading this thread lol ;)

 

What are your plans for the CQBR

 

 

I was looking at putting the nuprol bocca series 3 rail  on it with 5ku 7inch barrel but I don't if that would fit asI read on pages 3/4 I think some had trouble with nuprol rail.

The stock rail pretty nice to be fair as well :D

And then the normal upgrades like the brass nub and spare nozzle + springs mosly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

For nozzle springs just get the ones Eagle6 make. Trying to get the Marui ones will not be easy. You just need to keep an eye out on the Japanese and HK airsoft sites as they tend to have the MWS parts in more frequently. Mind you nozzles and springs don’t hang around long so it’s the luck of the draw or a stock alert email. 
 

PTS adapter - I use one but still had to use shims to achieve a tight fit. I added a couple to get my MK18 rail to fit snug. 

Which of the springs is it I need?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think my Hop rubber is very slightly uneven since installing the SixG nub? Should I just reseat the bucking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Think my Hop rubber is very slightly uneven since installing the SixG nub? Should I just reseat the bucking?

 

You know you've just answered your own question right? 😂

 

But yes, I'd do the same... just make sure when you reseat it the rubber is in the correct position.  Make sure when you slap both halves of the hop chamber together you don't bulge/buckle/sag/push or whatever the right word is to the rubber... but you know what I mean..

Edited by AlphaBear
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's because I have brand new magazines but loading them with the m4 style speed loader feels impossible :(

The tube loader that comes with the gun is really good but I can't carry that around with me in field lol.

Edited by GothicGhost
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

I don't know if it's because I have brand new magazines but loading them with the m4 style speed loader feels impossible :(

The tube loader that comes with the gun is really good but I can't carry that around with me in field lol.

Are you using a genuine TM speed loader?

 

I have a nuprol one which is next to useless and my TM one works perfectly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

Yeah I bought the nuprol one....😅

Anything Nuprol is #bleep#

 

The Marui XL speed loader... you simply can't beat it for the MWS mags! 

Edited by AlphaBear
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Anything Nuprol is #bleep#

 

The Marui XL speed loader... you simply can't beat it for the MWS mags! 

 

True, it's perfect for OG mags. But not so good for the after market mags like A1A, Prowin and G&P. I wish I would have saved the 20 euros because my standard speed loader loads the Ace1Arms perfectly while the TM XL only get them to around 26 bbs. 

 

Can't wait for the GunsModify Pmags...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

 

True, it's perfect for OG mags. But not so good for the after market mags like A1A, Prowin and G&P. I wish I would have saved the 20 euros because my standard speed loader loads the Ace1Arms perfectly while the TM XL only get them to around 26 bbs. 

 

Can't wait for the GunsModify Pmags...

I don't have any third party mags so can't comment I'm afraid.... With regards to the Marui XL it loads 4 bb's at a time so I usually do about 6 pumps and then struggle with the last couple. Having said that the more you use the mags the easier the spring will become to load bbs, so I've heard, but that's not worked for me yet...  I've no idea what the longevity of the Marui XL is like but it's all plastic so I expect the MWS springs will destroy it at some-point sooner rather than later... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right folks, sorry I can't for the life of me figure out how to search within a thread but my question is:- asg blaster's- safe enough to shoot for chrono on an mws?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Right folks, sorry I can't for the life of me figure out how to search within a thread but my question is:- asg blaster's- safe enough to shoot for chrono on an mws?

ASG Devil Blasters are fine as a few folks on here have said. To be honest they ain’t my first choice for an MWS but as you’re just using them to chrono the rif they will suffice. The devil blasters are the more higher end of BB of the blaster range. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey @GothicGhost 99% of all after market free float rails / handguards will work on the MWS. Just get the shim from PTS and you are ready to go. 
 

The problem usually lies with those handguards relying on fixture both at the barrel nut and front sight post. 
 

good luck! 

Edited by Hypokondrikern
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right folks I've had it with npas. What's the best option for sub 350fps on a standard setup using propane?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Right folks I've had it with npas. What's the best option for sub 350fps on a standard setup using propane?

What weight BBs are you using? What length barrel? The stock set up and 250mm barrel will be fine on 0.20 to 0.25g...any heavier and Joule creep is a pain.

 

What NPAS have you been using?

 

The G&P valve stop (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-mws-gbb-adjustable-piston-valve) is good for having a low / med / high setting and no chance of adjusting its self. Search back a few pages and I posted some test data on it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

What weight BBs are you using? What length barrel? The stock set up and 250mm barrel will be fine on 0.20 to 0.25g...any heavier and Joule creep is a pain.

 

What NPAS have you been using?

 

The G&P valve stop (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-mws-gbb-adjustable-piston-valve) is good for having a low / med / high setting and no chance of adjusting its self. Search back a few pages and I posted some test data on it

Been using r a tech npas, standard setup with geoff's 0.32g bb's.

 

Update one on order from firesupport as we speak.  Sorry for the bone questions, I have just finished reading the entire thread again and to be honest there's a lot of conflicting advice, I remember your post now and the take away that I took from that was this item didn't provide enough power and you ended up sanding down the end of the valve blocker and ruining it?

Anyway I've bought one now so I will give it a go go and if I need to slightly adjust I will probably lengthen the spring by stretching it or maybe cutting my new amount down till I get a reasonable FPS.  I'm going for about 270 FPS on 0.32g bb's

Cheers for answering though I will give it a go.

 

Edited by Wild Weasel
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Been using r a tech npas, standard setup with geoff's 0.32g bb's.

Cheers

Standard set up was giving me 268fps on 0.30g with ASG gas (green gas) at 14degC

 

Sanding the prongs down on the G&P stopper gave a better range of FPS, stock it was a bit low. High is now 295fps so will be good for cold days. Middle is now 265fps in current weather so ok for now (12-18degC)

 

There are people who have had good results from making the TM valve into an NPAS by drilling a 2.5mm hole then threading in a hot 3mm grub screw into it.

 

 

Edited by SSPKali
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a couple of ACE1 ARMS PMAG's for my MWS. They seem good and the weight is 399g compared to the 453g for my Marui magazines. Tempted to swap out the 6 marui mags for another 6 of the ACE1 ARMS magazines.

 

ACE1 ARMS 35 SAA MWS GBB Magazine.jpg

ACE1 ARMS 35 SAA MWS GBB Magazine1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, finally my baby is finished... in about ~90%

 

External upgrades:

- FAB Defence GL-CORE S stock

- FAB Defence PTK-M front grip

- FAB Defence AGR-43 pistol grip

- HAO MK16 M-Lok 9.3" handguard

- Revanchist ambi fire selector

- FMA Specter suppressor with Acetech AR2000R module inside

 

Internal upgrades:

- EDGI Steel inner barrel 6,03mm/263mm

- Maple Leaf MR 60

- Maple Leaf omega nub

- Dynamic Precision Reinforced Aluminum Valve Blocker 

- G&P Marui MWS Aluminum Buffer V2

- G&P CNC Adjustable Power Nozzle Valve( Level 2 ) ( 4.0 )

- G&P Marui MWS Roller Bolt 

- Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer

 

Future upgrades:

- Ambi mag release

- Ambi charging handle

- Magpul BAD lever

- Magpul or SI Cobra trigger guard

- two stage trigger

 

And I have a question to G&P Nozzle Valve ( 4.0 ) users. What fps/joules you have on max settings? At least I think is max settings... A screw should be all inside the nozzle right? Because I have only ~310fps/1,24J on 0,28g it's just a little above 350fps(0,2g) using Nuprol 2.0 green gas. I was hoping that at least ~450fps/1,8J(0,2g) would be drawn 😕. Maybe I messed up sth during re-assembling?

1619896658269.jpg

1619896658263.jpg

1619896658259.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MiniLuxy said:

Hello, finally my baby is finished... in about ~90%

 

External upgrades:

- FAB Defence GL-CORE S stock

- FAB Defence PTK-M front grip

- FAB Defence AGR-43 pistol grip

- HAO MK16 M-Lok 9.3" handguard

- Revanchist ambi fire selector

- FMA Specter suppressor with Acetech AR2000R module inside

 

Internal upgrades:

- EDGI Steel inner barrel 6,03mm/263mm

- Maple Leaf MR 60

- Maple Leaf omega nub

- Dynamic Precision Reinforced Aluminum Valve Blocker 

- G&P Marui MWS Aluminum Buffer V2

- G&P CNC Adjustable Power Nozzle Valve( Level 2 ) ( 4.0 )

- G&P Marui MWS Roller Bolt 

- Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer

 

Future upgrades:

- Ambi mag release

- Ambi charging handle

- Magpul BAD lever

- Magpul or SI Cobra trigger guard

- two stage trigger

 

And I have a question to G&P Nozzle Valve ( 4.0 ) users. What fps/joules you have on max settings? At least I think is max settings... A screw should be all inside the nozzle right? Because I have only ~310fps/1,24J on 0,28g it's just a little above 350fps(0,2g) using Nuprol 2.0 green gas. I was hoping that at least ~450fps/1,8J(0,2g) would be drawn 😕. Maybe I messed up sth during re-assembling?

1619896658269.jpg

1619896658263.jpg

1619896658259.jpg

Nothing to do with your question, but having spent all that money on producing a cracking gun, please, do yourself a favour and protect it by investing in a more robust sling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Nothing to do with your question, but having spent all that money on producing a cracking gun, please, do yourself a favour and protect it by investing in a more robust sling.

Yeah, I planning in the future to change a sling to magpul or vtac. It's just temporary because my funds dried out... even over spent a little bit xD and this Viper sling was on discount and looked nice. It's not that bad but it's not excellent either. It should hold for a while

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...