THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I must admit the 8" PDW route is probably the most appealing, as it actually has a purpose. I am already well over any site DMR limits with my 14" competition gun so I could just stick a LPVO on it and skirmish that. The only advantage on the 16" build would be avoiding the need to swap optics (not really a hardship) and avoiding wear on my competition gun, which is a more valid consideration.  

I also have to say that 8" build is very pretty, who did the paintwork?

C

God knows on the paint, i just googled the image to showcase the stock on it, as i dont think you can legitimately build an AR subgun without a stock like that :D

Yes i think you have enough 'proper' guns, so an 8" would be great fun in general and for CQB play

21 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

@gunbod007 How many were you carrying? I sometimes carry 13 (10 on plate carrier, 2 in belt and 1 in gun) and while heavy it’s not uncomfortable. Although I do normally carry less so I can lay flatter.

I was only carrying 5 on plate carrier. Plus pistol and scootering belt. But after a year if not leaving the house it weighed me down haha. Jesus 10?!!

17 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I played a woodland game on Sunday and can confirm that 6 in the chest rig and one in the gun is a good workout! For the two last games I used my AEG and the lower weight of 4 120rd mags was appreciated!

I used the Dynamic Precision lightweight bolt, G&P roller end and AG / G&P hybrid nozzle and parts. Chrono'd at 265fps in the morning (probably 5deg) and was ok for 4-5rd bursts if you didn't do it too often. Single shot was fine and got some good hits out to 40-50m (including one through a 15cm gap in a building from 30m 😁)

I struggled with the hop too, you had to buy the Bio bbs from the site and they did 0.30g or 0 40g. The 0.30g were a little light and 4 clicks of hop was too little, and 5 clicks was ramping them up too much. I have a spare TM rubber so might try that as the Modify tan might be ok for 0.36g anything less and it is a little too finiky! 

I would agree that for Milsims and CQB the MWS is un-matched, where 3 spare mags is adequate for a game or you are patrolling / observing RoEs :) Woodland games where you have 5 rolling "defend the base then move to the next when hit...rinse and repeat" on the trot...less so!

Where did you play on Sunday? I had woodland game where we did defend the base and move to the next when hit haha.

5 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

I was only carrying 5 on plate carrier. Plus pistol and scootering belt. But after a year if not leaving the house it weighed me down haha. Jesus 10?!!

Where did you play on Sunday? I had woodland game where we did defend the base and move to the next when hit haha.

Spartan Woodland site near Bristol

New Hop Arm available from 

Runinworkshop.com

No photo description available.

That and the nub could be a super combo. 

On 19/04/2021 at 12:08, Groot said:

Short usage review.

First outing with my MWS on Sat and I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as my PTW. 

I think I need to spend a little more time getting the hop just perfect and zero it again.

It was also only about 5-8'C when I was using it and it just felt a bit weak. I was using Predator Red Gas. 

I don't think I gave it a fair shake of the stick. Simply because of how good my PTW is. 
I point and that thing sends the shots accurately and at a known range and consistency. 

My MWS was in my head a 50/50 chance of hitting the player. 

Was also my first time running a short scope, rather than a dot sight. Which was very different.
I really enjoyed being able to see the target and getting that extra bit of optics on them to follow the shot in. 
I found it slower to get on target. Which is obviously their negative vs a dot. But I will continue to practice. 

So from a historic full AEG convert.

I think I will enjoy using the MWS but I don't think it is as suited to a woodland game as an AEG and that is mainly due to the low ammo count vs weight on the mags.  
I liked the realism but didn't like the weigh of having just 4 mags on me. Let along the 7 AEG, I usually carry. 

For Combat mission, heavy storyline milsim and probably for some CQB games. It will be the winner for smiles and realism.

I just don't think if I had the option and wanted to win a game, i would pick it over my PTW or NGRS. 

That said. Lets see how I feel after my next game. Where it will be the only thing I take with me. 

Gunman US vs Russia at the end of May

I agree mostly on yout PTW Vs MWS comparison. I stopped using the MWS for woodland as not accurate enough over distance. However, I absolutely love the MWS for CQB.

3 hours ago, Groot said:

New Hop Arm available from 

Runinworkshop.com

No photo description available.

That and the nub could be a super combo. 

I’d be interested in seeing some proper testing of if there is any improvement over the stock arm and this when using, for example, an omega nub and ML bucking. 

Edited by ajumma

I'm probably opening myself up for a fair amount of abuse, or at least a stack of eye rolling and "here we go again" type comments, but I appreciate your comments and thoughts regardless; I'm looking to get my first GBBR with a view to building a gun I can (effectively) field next year.

I'm toying with a L119A2 build (told you the eye-rolling would start) but am not too concerned with it being 100% accurate. I know I'd need the Angry Gun rail and outer barrel, and personally I'd want a Magpul CTR stock, Magpul pistol grip and  foregrip and run it with a suppressor, but those are all decisions for the future. My question is, is this a viable idea for a TM GBBR, and if so, what would be a good base platform to start with; the M4 MWS or CQB-R?

Like I mentioned, I'm looking at this as a longer term project, primarily to make it easier from a finance point of view, but also because I'm a fickle bastard and may change my mind halfway through - I may end up wanting a more generic SF M4-style build as I am a big fan of Seal Team-style loadouts for example - so would love to hear your experiences, recommendations and warnings of any pitfalls.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I'm probably opening myself up for a fair amount of abuse, or at least a stack of eye rolling and "here we go again" type comments, but I appreciate your comments and thoughts regardless; I'm looking to get my first GBBR with a view to building a gun I can (effectively) field next year.

I'm toying with a L119A2 build (told you the eye-rolling would start) but am not too concerned with it being 100% accurate. I know I'd need the Angry Gun rail and outer barrel, and personally I'd want a Magpul CTR stock, Magpul pistol grip and  foregrip and run it with a suppressor, but those are all decisions for the future. My question is, is this a viable idea for a TM GBBR, and if so, what would be a good base platform to start with; the M4 MWS or CQB-R?

Like I mentioned, I'm looking at this as a longer term project, primarily to make it easier from a finance point of view, but also because I'm a fickle bastard and may change my mind halfway through - I may end up wanting a more generic SF M4-style build as I am a big fan of Seal Team-style loadouts for example - so would love to hear your experiences, recommendations and warnings of any pitfalls.

Thank you.

Hey so I can speak from recent experience. Similar to you I wasn't concerned with 100% total accuracy, I just wanted to general look of an L119A2 and I substituted some items for practical reasons.

Short answer:

Yes it is perfectly doable.

Long answer:

I got my first GBBR (MWS) in January and just finished converting it to an L119A2. Payed my first game with it just last week. And it was amazing. 

Let's go tip to butt.

Muzzle & Barrel:

I went with the Angry gun SF216A suppressor and flash hider. Nice thing about this is it is QD. You can also make small modifications to fit some small pistol tracers in the can. I matched this with an Angry gun 10" inch L119A2 outer barrel. 

Now here is an important bit. The Angry Gun outer barrel doesn't play nicely with the TM hop unit and you have to modify the outer barrel slightly to get it to fit and to get the hop working. You have to do some small filing.

Or you could opt for the Angry gun hop unit but I wanted to keep the TM. I am not sure how this has effected performance as I was never able to test my stock MWS at long range. I am getting about 40- 50 meters effective range on .28s and no other mods except the Six G nub which will hop heavier bbs if I want.

Next I have the Angry Gun short L119A2 rail, notice the AG theme here.

Important to note you don't have to get the Angry gun barrel for this to fit as some other barrels out there will fit with the rail. But the TM stock outer barrel isn't compatible with the rail without a modified PTS adapter ring.

Grips and rail attachments:

I have the Magpul AFG, I have seen a lot of people running stubby grips and thats fine but I personally prefer the AFG. It looks the part, but really go with either a stubby vert grip like the BCM or the Magpul RVG if you are more comfortable with them. I tried both the AFG and RVG and returned the RVG.

Magpul RSA sling attach point. Just the normal RSA not the QD but get whatever works for your sling.

Cheap ladder rail covers, Element brand I think.

Optics:

Here we have the first non L119A2 part.

I went with a Holosun HS403C classic in FDE. I actually ordered this before I wanted to do an L119 build but I don't regret it. It auto adjusts brightness based on it's solar panel and it has very little parallax. You could absolutely go with cheaper replica red dots but I love the look of the Holosun. It looks very T1 ish but different and the FDE is great. Also as it is designed to work with real firearms it holds zero and is durable enough for games. I also got the guns modify T1 sight protector as this fits fine and protects this pricey sight from bbs.

Pistol Grip and butt stock:

I went with the PTS EPG, again ordered this before I knew I wanted to do an L119 but it looks ok and is comfortable. I mainly wanted an affordable FDE grip and this does the job. 

The CTR Stock in FDE is fantastic. It Is one of my fave pieces on the gun and is accurate to L119A2 builds. Paired with a Magpul MS3 with QD point it is very practical too.

I would caveat all of this by saying I didn't actually put the gun together myself. I did everything except the barrel and hand guard as getting it on in a way that fits with the outer barrel and hop situation, as well as getting the rail not to rotate, was difficult without a Vice and correct tools. So I paid a guy locally from the L119A2 Owners club on Facebook groups. Highly recommend joining that group if you want to do this build. Don't worry they're not all elitists.

My biggest comment with this whole thing is that for an L119A2 there just aren't a lot of brands doing all the parts at the moment. You are very reliant on Angry Gun and their QC is hit and miss. I am still a bit annoyed I never tested the thing pre angry gun parts but it is performing okay. Just would be nice to know if they are effecting performance. However a if you don't care about the small details like ambi selector and charging handle. Most of the accessories are third party off the shelf things that go with most SF M4 builds. The rail and short barrel are really wet give it the L119A2 look.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 00.23.00.jpg

6 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Hey so I can speak from recent experience. Similar to you I wasn't concerned with 100% total accuracy, I just wanted to general look of an L119A2 and I substituted some items for practical reasons.

Short answer:

Yes it is perfectly doable.

Long answer:

I got my first GBBR (MWS) in January and just finished converting it to an L119A2. Payed my first game with it just last week. And it was amazing. 

Let's go tip to butt.

Muzzle & Barrel:

I went with the Angry gun SF216A suppressor and flash hider. Nice thing about this is it is QD. You can also make small modifications to fit some small pistol tracers in the can. I matched this with an Angry gun 10" inch L119A2 outer barrel. 

Now here is an important bit. The Angry Gun outer barrel doesn't play nicely with the TM hop unit and you have to modify the outer barrel slightly to get it to fit and to get the hop working. You have to do some small filing.

Or you could opt for the Angry gun hop unit but I wanted to keep the TM. I am not sure how this has effected performance as I was never able to test my stock MWS at long range. I am getting about 40- 50 meters effective range on .28s and no other mods except the Six G nub which will hop heavier bbs if I want.

Next I have the Angry Gun short L119A2 rail, notice the AG theme here.

Important to note you don't have to get the Angry gun barrel for this to fit as some other barrels out there will fit with the rail. But the TM stock outer barrel isn't compatible with the rail without a modified PTS adapter ring.

Grips and rail attachments:

I have the Magpul AFG, I have seen a lot of people running stubby grips and thats fine but I personally prefer the AFG. It looks the part, but really go with either a stubby vert grip like the BCM or the Magpul RVG if you are more comfortable with them. I tried both the AFG and RVG and returned the RVG.

Magpul RSA sling attach point. Just the normal RSA not the QD but get whatever works for your sling.

Cheap ladder rail covers, Element brand I think.

Optics:

Here we have the first non L119A2 part.

I went with a Holosun HS403C classic in FDE. I actually ordered this before I wanted to do an L119 build but I don't regret it. It auto adjusts brightness based on it's solar panel and it has very little parallax. You could absolutely go with cheaper replica red dots but I love the look of the Holosun. It looks very T1 ish but different and the FDE is great. Also as it is designed to work with real firearms it holds zero and is durable enough for games. I also got the guns modify T1 sight protector as this fits fine and protects this pricey sight from bbs.

Pistol Grip and butt stock:

I went with the PTS EPG, again ordered this before I knew I wanted to do an L119 but it looks ok and is comfortable. I mainly wanted an affordable FDE grip and this does the job. 

The CTR Stock in FDE is fantastic. It Is one of my fave pieces on the gun and is accurate to L119A2 builds. Paired with a Magpul MS3 with QD point it is very practical too.

I would caveat all of this by saying I didn't actually put the gun together myself. I did everything except the barrel and hand guard as getting it on in a way that fits with the outer barrel and hop situation, as well as getting the rail not to rotate, was difficult without a Vice and correct tools. So I paid a guy locally from the L119A2 Owners club on Facebook groups. Highly recommend joining that group if you want to do this build. Don't worry they're not all elitists.

My biggest comment with this whole thing is that for an L119A2 there just aren't a lot of brands doing all the parts at the moment. You are very reliant on Angry Gun and their QC is hit and miss. I am still a bit annoyed I never tested the thing pre angry gun parts but it is performing okay. Just would be nice to know if they are effecting performance. However a if you don't care about the small details like ambi selector and charging handle. Most of the accessories are third party off the shelf things that go with most SF M4 builds. The rail and short barrel are really wet give it the L119A2 look.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 00.23.00.jpg

That is probably the most comprehensive response I could've got! Really appreciate it buddy, thank you, and the gun looks great 👍🏼

9 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Any joy chief?

Sorry mate. Yeah I have one. PM me your details. Just pay for postage and I’ll give you one 👍

Hey once again guys,
SO appearantly due to covid19 since 04-15 shipments from Hong Kong is gonna take 2 extra weeks just for being shipped out of their post, so I cant get the part I damaged from them in a reasonable amount of time and it looks like my shipment will be coming to me in about ~1.5-2months.... This is a really long time and I would like to use my MTR16, but if you saw my posts earlier I damaged buffer spring guide part B.... image.jpeg.fc12c41401e8bc86c72771a77350404f.jpegand such the replacement parts is gonna ship for 2 months I would like to ask you guys, (i know its a long shot) but maybe someone from this thread could take their buffer spring guide part B to 3d printing guys so they could scan it and make 3D printer .stl file?

I suppose I am not the only one missing this part since it is out of stock everywhere, it would really help me to print myself a replacement, even if it is worse quality then the original one. 

4 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

replacement parts is gonna ship for 2 months I would like to ask you guys, (i know its a long shot) but maybe someone from this thread could take their buffer spring guide part B to 3d printing guys so they could scan it and make 3D printer .stl file?

I suppose I am not the only one missing this part since it is out of stock everywhere, it would really help me to print myself a replacement, even if it is worse quality then the original one. 

Something like this..........

MWS1.jpg

MWS2.jpg

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

Something like this..........

MWS1.jpg

MWS2.jpg

YES! exactly!

did you just cooked it up quickly? 

Edited by TadsJ2

7 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

YES! exactly!

did you just cooked it up quickly? 

cause I'm awesome :P

I just printed 1 out at 100% infill and tried it and it is a drop in fit. No issues as far as I can see and I'll stick a link up for thingiverse a bit later once I upload it.

MWS Part Ba.jpg

MWS Part Bb.jpg

24 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

cause I'm awesome :P

I just printed 1 out at 100% infill and tried it and it is a drop in fit. No issues as far as I can see and I'll stick a link up for thingiverse a bit later once I upload it.

MWS Part Ba.jpg

MWS Part Bb.jpg

damn man, you are a SAVER! I will be waiting for that link, thank you very VERY much! Also, could you write what plastic you used?

Edited by TadsJ2

part can be found here:

LINKY

I printed in PLA at 100% infill and it seems fine. You can try ABS or some of the fancy infused PLA's for added strength.

Here's a comparison between the stock Marui and mine.

Part B side by side.jpg

for people who don't have access to a 3D printer you can buy it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/932C5DNMV/mws-part-b?optionId=210263416&li=shops

£8.75 for one but that's not my price that is the Shapeways price so appologies.

8 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

That is probably the most comprehensive response I could've got! Really appreciate it buddy, thank you, and the gun looks great 👍🏼

Yeah no worries, I have just finished this last week so was eager to tell all.

Join the L119 owners club on Facebook as they are really friendly and have techs on there too.

Also checkout thereptilehouse blog on their L119A2 builds if you do want to get it super close to the real thing.

Edited by gunbod007
Typo

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

part can be found here:

LINKY

I printed in PLA at 100% infill and it seems fine. You can try ABS or some of the fancy infused PLA's for added strength.

Here's a comparison between the stock Marui and mine.

Part B side by side.jpg

You are a true hero! Thank you very much!

Edited by TadsJ2

8 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Any experiences with the G&P inner barrels? I’m considering to go the 263 mm route for a more compact build. Thus, leaving the 360 mm prommy behind after a year of chairsofting 

I have one of their 370mm inner barrels in my MRE and had no issues whatsoever. 👍