THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

@Davegolf Yeah, that's self explanatory ;) but there is no sign of that the trigger box needs a little love? Maybe its time to open up that trigger box after all. Two years of ownership + the unknown use of the previous owner. 

@Jacket Lovely to hear. But you cant remember the brand? G&P?

-- -- -- 

I am trying to build a milsim kit for longer games ( I more or less only play at Berget once a year ) and I want to have the MWS ready for this task. I have the complete rifle + a spare BCG. The nozzle and nozzle spring are the only "fragile" parts that might pose a problem during such games which are covered by the extra BCG I have. But what would be the next backup investment? The lower seems pretty solid. Would a second upper be useful? In case of hop problems? which already seem pretty rare... let me know if there is something I'm missing

A spare bolt (or at least a complete nozzle) is a good start. Like you say feed nozzles and springs are the weak point and quite easy to change out.

I would add in a TM hop rubber and tools to change it. Rare that it would be trashed during a game but would make it U/S if it does.

Mag feed lips and gas router. Again rare to have an issue but could leave you a mag down (depends how many you have already!) Bit more of a faff to change in the field. 

With all these things make sure you are confident in diagnosing an issue and fixing it with minimum faffing. You will have some downtime but you probably don't want to spend it fixing stuff! 

@SSPKali Thanks! Lot's of good thoughts. I'll scan the internet for a second upper to go with the spare BCG. Mags are plentiful and have spare parts!

@Davegolf I have only skirmished a handful of times but I'll open it up as I don't know what abuse it might have seen from the previous owner. When is it time to change the springs in the MWS? And should I release the buffer spring when stored ( for a pandemic )? 

Hey guys,

So after yesterday i noticed some plastic bits are coming out of my buffer tube, so I disassembled the buffer tube and noticed that the buffer spring guide has chewed some plastic off of it...

I have a few questions:

What could be the cause of it? Can it be 170% nozzle return spring? Maybe 345 fps that my gun is constantly shooting? Or is it because when i tried the gun on max npas set it shot 413fps?

So what do u suggest I do now, can i continue to use mtr16 or should I change the plastic buffer spring guide to something made from metal? Like G&P Aluminum buffer spring guide v2? 

EDIT: I had no choice but to shoot out the remaining magazines before I store them until the next game day, i dissassembled the buffer spring guide again and saw no new cracks, so i guess it is from 413fps.
Which aluminum buffer spring guide do you suggest me to get? Maybe G&P V2 Marui MWS Aluminum Buffer V2 - G&P? (definitely NOT AG right? :D )

20210419_075958.jpg

20210419_075948.jpg

Edited by TadsJ2

@Hypokondrikern just fire the gun off so it is not stored ‘cocked’ then all the springs will be released.

@TadsJ2 that broken part is called ‘buffer part B’, get a new one, keep the TM buffer but run a HSB spacer with it and this will not happen again.

The TM Buffer is the most gas efficient and fastest cycling, as well as  not damaging the buffer tube.

32 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@TadsJ2 that broken part is called ‘buffer part B’, get a new one, keep the TM buffer but run a HSB spacer with it and this will not happen again.

The TM Buffer is the most gas efficient and fastest cycling, as well as  not damaging the buffer tube.

Everywhere I looked part B is out of stock :( what about HSB spacer? can i only get it from SixG? also he doesnt ship overseas? 

Also what about guns modify ? i suppose part B is not interswitchable between guns modify and TM original one? Guns Modify High Tenacity Polymer Buffer for Marui M4 MWS GBB

Edited by TadsJ2

I wrote to SixG to ask whether he ships overseas... 
As to regarding to buffer spring guide Part B maybe someone has ant .stl file of it for 3d printing? since i cant find it in stock anywhere i might as well print it... :(

Edited by TadsJ2

11 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hi, the Modify Polymer buffer will be fine, its jsut all the heavy metal roller wierd ones you wnat to avoid.

thanks! thats a relief I found some modify polymer buffers and SixG replied that he is shipping to my address so thats good news! also for now the gun is working and shooting well even with broken end, i've put some isolating tape on the broken end and melted it a little bit so it doesnt come off that easily, will have to do until replacements come :( or would u just suggest to leave it to rest until i swap out buffer spring guide ?

You could cut it off square so it has a flat end, cut some rubber discs same diameter as the buffer tube ID or something that add upto the length that is missing from the the Buffer part B, so the buffer spring holds them in place.

That way if you do want to keep using it the buffer wont be over travelling.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

You could cut it off square so it has a flat end, cut some rubber discs same diameter as the buffer tube ID or something that add upto the length that is missing from the the Buffer part B, so the buffer spring holds them in place.

That way if you do want to keep using it the buffer wont be over travelling.

Nice idea, but wouldnt additional rubber discs shorten and strengthen the spring therefore the buffer guide rod wouldnt travel as much and buffer spring guide "part a" would hit buffer tube spring holding latch harder? Therefore would be at higher risk of braking the aforementioned latch?

Edited by TadsJ2

Short usage review.

First outing with my MWS on Sat and I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as my PTW. 

I think I need to spend a little more time getting the hop just perfect and zero it again.

It was also only about 5-8'C when I was using it and it just felt a bit weak. I was using Predator Red Gas. 

I don't think I gave it a fair shake of the stick. Simply because of how good my PTW is. 
I point and that thing sends the shots accurately and at a known range and consistency. 

My MWS was in my head a 50/50 chance of hitting the player. 

Was also my first time running a short scope, rather than a dot sight. Which was very different.
I really enjoyed being able to see the target and getting that extra bit of optics on them to follow the shot in. 
I found it slower to get on target. Which is obviously their negative vs a dot. But I will continue to practice. 

So from a historic full AEG convert.

I think I will enjoy using the MWS but I don't think it is as suited to a woodland game as an AEG and that is mainly due to the low ammo count vs weight on the mags.  
I liked the realism but didn't like the weigh of having just 4 mags on me. Let along the 7 AEG, I usually carry. 

For Combat mission, heavy storyline milsim and probably for some CQB games. It will be the winner for smiles and realism.

I just don't think if I had the option and wanted to win a game, i would pick it over my PTW or NGRS. 

That said. Lets see how I feel after my next game. Where it will be the only thing I take with me. 

Gunman US vs Russia at the end of May

Glad you enjoyed your day out, kinda :P

You definitely want to be running powerful gas or MAPP at lower temps to get the best from the MWS.

That will get you on pace and snappy.

Also standard mags, dont cut those gas tubes - we have found them to negatively affect FPS consistency and worsen cooldown.

The only downside i find with MWS vs AEG in woodland is if you need a burst to guarantee a hit through dense cover.

Otherwise your heavy ammo (hopefully you were running 0.32- 0.36s?) should always come up trumps on distanced single shots.

Ok so general question to the MWS hive mind, I currently own 3 MWS and I have them set up as follows:

1. Mk18 build 10.5 inch barrel - Full auto - regular skirmish gun shooting 350 fps.

2. Mk12 build 20 inch steel outer barrel (yes its bloody heavy) - Semi locked - shooting 500fps, (but usually have to down tune it with NPAS to 450/400 for site DMR limits).

3. 14.5 inch - competition gun - Semi locked - shooting 380 fps on 0.3g bbs used for 2/3 gun competition shooting where as long as it is legal highest FPS possible is an inherent advantage as we are only shooting targets, 14.5 inch barrel makes it very quick to transition between targets so perfect for 3 gun style shooting.

I may have just acquired another MWS (it is actually an MTR and I plan to transplant the ambi receiver into my competition gun). So my question is what build should I do with this gun, given I will be using the regular mws receiver currently on my competition gun. Currently I am thinking either:

(a) a 16" recce rifle build, or

(b) a short barrelled PDW build (probably 8 inches),

What do people think would be the best way to go that I would get the most use out of?

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Glad you enjoyed your day out, kinda :P

You definitely want to be running powerful gas or MAPP at lower temps to get the best from the MWS.

That will get you on pace and snappy.

Also standard mags, dont cut those gas tubes - we have found them to negatively affect FPS consistency and worsen cooldown.

The only downside i find with MWS vs AEG in woodland is if you need a burst to guarantee a hit through dense cover.

Otherwise your heavy ammo (hopefully you were running 0.32- 0.36s?) should always come up trumps on distanced single shots.

Running Valkyrie .32s and they are very good. They have said they are working on heavier ammo too. I would like to try running 0.4s :D

I was saying to a team mate about the number of BB's required in most cases to land a kill in woodland. Generally means at best you will get 3-5 kills a mag and I only have 4 mags. 
For my PTW i can carry the same ammo as 3 MWS mags in the single light as feather Pmag.  Running a MWS feels like a self nerf in woodland. 

I think i just like winning too much. 

I think the ambient temp, being in the shade and my gas choice was not optimum. Other than my hop arm, the gun is entirely stock. 

4 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Had my first game with my MWS on Sunday. Fuck me it was heavy with all those mags

RIGHT!

I also had the fear of them rattling around in my dump pouch and getting damaged. 

Edited by Groot

@Davegolf I think there is a picture earlier on the thread but always happy to repost a pic of the ladies...

@gunbod007 How many were you carrying? I sometimes carry 13 (10 on plate carrier, 2 in belt and 1 in gun) and while heavy it’s not uncomfortable. Although I do normally carry less so I can lay flatter.

2F98D497-5B1C-44F2-A314-BC15E640B0D9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

ar pistol.jpg

ar recce.jpg

Now, now, what do we have here? Hmmmmm the upper 416C looking variant looks ok.... but the lower one looks as though it's been in a drag contest. What's it supposed to be?

I played a woodland game on Sunday and can confirm that 6 in the chest rig and one in the gun is a good workout! For the two last games I used my AEG and the lower weight of 4 120rd mags was appreciated!

I used the Dynamic Precision lightweight bolt, G&P roller end and AG / G&P hybrid nozzle and parts. Chrono'd at 265fps in the morning (probably 5deg) and was ok for 4-5rd bursts if you didn't do it too often. Single shot was fine and got some good hits out to 40-50m (including one through a 15cm gap in a building from 30m 😁)

I struggled with the hop too, you had to buy the Bio bbs from the site and they did 0.30g or 0 40g. The 0.30g were a little light and 4 clicks of hop was too little, and 5 clicks was ramping them up too much. I have a spare TM rubber so might try that as the Modify tan might be ok for 0.36g anything less and it is a little too finiky! 

I would agree that for Milsims and CQB the MWS is un-matched, where 3 spare mags is adequate for a game or you are patrolling / observing RoEs :) Woodland games where you have 5 rolling "defend the base then move to the next when hit...rinse and repeat" on the trot...less so!

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Now, now, what do we have here? Hmmmmm the upper 416C looking variant looks ok.... but the lower one looks as though it's been in a drag contest. What's it supposed to be?

I posted the AR pistol as I think if @Cyberlawyer went the 8” route it’s have to have a stock like that.

The lower is a 16” Recce setup, I think it looks cool in modern classic way, the Midwest rail and ACOG.

Bipod is jank however :D

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

I posted the AR pistol as I think if @Cyberlawyer went the 8” route it’s have to have a stock like that.

The lower is a 16” Recce setup, I think it looks cool in modern classic way, the Midwest rail and ACOG.

Bipod is jank however :D

I couldn't think of a word to describe that bipod..... but yeah jank suits it :D