THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

This is mine out there box so to speak. The circlip isn’t flush with the bolt carrier 

3DFA2520-0FA5-4906-A8C4-DFF5FFE96B93.jpeg

Thanks mate, definitely some interest in this bolt, would love to see it taken apart - it's the thread that is of interest as the original is literally held in with a plastic clip held itself in place by the mock gas key assembly. And like jsmitkski just  said the bolt head is prevented from rotation by the gas key so if you rotate this thread you are twisting the nozzle return spring internally.

Probably not something you screw in/out with the spring under load.  and its a different design nothing is wrong with it if you just can't understand it otherwise we'd all be without cars or modern technology. I'd say do your own digging for information like asking G&P and then make a decision on it.

3 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Probably not something you screw in/out with the spring under load.  and its a different design nothing is wrong with it if you just can't understand it otherwise we'd all be without cars or modern technology. I'd say do your own digging for information like asking G&P and then make a decision on it.

Totally, I would have bought a complete g & p bolt and adjustable nozzle if I could have afforded it as they look smart, unfortunately I didn't have the cash so I decided to have a go at one of the new Hao geissele numbers.

As for information about it I thought asking the guy who'd just shared it on this very forum a prudent move as he had one to hand. I was simply interested as to how you get the nozzle in and out if the spring has to rotate to engage the back of the bcg, I guess you wind it in then lock the nozzle in place with the plastic gas key and there circlip is a fail safe?

4 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

“Probably” isn’t a good argument don’t you think?

I got my complete G&P bolt today 1 hour before leaving for my CQB game and so was able to test it. As @AlphaBear mentioned before, the machining is of very high quality. The screw with the C-clip also sits around 1mm away from the bolt instead of flush, so I reckon this is some kind of design decision. 

Initial thoughts are that it is indeed completely drop-in unlike the Angrygun bolt was for me (dodgy sealing buffer meant shitty firing rate and sticky nozzle). I got a 0.30J increase in power which was unexpected and not entirely welcome since I originally intended to use this bolt for my CQB arena and install the G&P adjustable valve in my stock bolt to use outdoors as a DMR, but it seems like I'll have to figure something else out. I only tested with 0.25g bb's, but I was consistently getting between 98 and 101 m/s, so around 1.28 and 1.32 joules. It was very consistent , I would get 101-102 m/s with a fully filled mag with green gas, and after 10-15 shots, it would settle to around 98-99m/s. Also, I noticed a distinct change in how the gun sounds when firing. I'm pretty sure this bolt is louder the stock MTR bolt, and it has a distinct metallic sound when firing which is really satisfying which the Angrygun bolt definitely didn't have. I wonder if this is due to the roller bolt design? 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I'm glad that it worked OOTB and didn't require any fitting or anything. Also interesting to note, the G&P bolt didn't engage my hop up dial like the Angrygun one did (the AG bolt would literally decrease my hop from 60% to 0% in a magazine or two), so I'm staying well away from AG internals for the MWS to be honest.

32 minutes ago, ajumma said:

I got my complete G&P bolt today 1 hour before leaving for my CQB game and so was able to test it. As @AlphaBear mentioned before, the machining is of very high quality. The screw with the C-clip also sits around 1mm away from the bolt instead of flush, so I reckon this is some kind of design decision. 

Initial thoughts are that it is indeed completely drop-in unlike the Angrygun bolt was for me (dodgy sealing buffer meant shitty firing rate and sticky nozzle). I got a 0.30J increase in power which was unexpected and not entirely welcome since I originally intended to use this bolt for my CQB arena and install the G&P adjustable valve in my stock bolt to use outdoors as a DMR, but it seems like I'll have to figure something else out. I only tested with 0.25g bb's, but I was consistently getting between 98 and 101 m/s, so around 1.28 and 1.32 joules. It was very consistent , I would get 101-102 m/s with a fully filled mag with green gas, and after 10-15 shots, it would settle to around 98-99m/s. Also, I noticed a distinct change in how the gun sounds when firing. I'm pretty sure this bolt is louder the stock MTR bolt, and it has a distinct metallic sound when firing which is really satisfying which the Angrygun bolt definitely didn't have. I wonder if this is due to the roller bolt design? 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I'm glad that it worked OOTB and didn't require any fitting or anything. Also interesting to note, the G&P bolt didn't engage my hop up dial like the Angrygun one did (the AG bolt would literally decrease my hop from 60% to 0% in a magazine or two), so I'm staying well away from AG internals for the MWS to be honest.

Great write up @ajumma, I'm pleased someone was able to road test it.... I'll stick mine into my CQBR at the weekend and see how it performs using a stock Marui bucking and a prometheus inner barrel... I'll measure the decibels too and see what the difference in sound level is between the Marui and the G&P if anyone is interested in that metric...

By the way, what brand of gas are you using ?

28 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Great write up @ajumma, I'm pleased someone was able to road test it.... I'll stick mine into my CQBR at the weekend and see how it performs using a stock Marui bucking and a prometheus inner barrel... I'll measure the decibels too and see what the difference in sound level is between the Marui and the G&P if anyone is interested in that metric...

Don't suppose you fancy copying a sheet tab and filling in the spreadsheet on page 144? And letting us know how you get on? 

11 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Don't suppose you fancy copying a sheet tab and filling in the spreadsheet on page 144? And letting us know how you get on? 

I was thinking just that as a matter of fact... leave it with me. I’ll see what I can do. 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Cheers! I’m happy with it so far. My concern was that it wouldn’t be consistent since the Angrygun mpas was all over the place but I’m left quite happy with how everything turned out. The awkward thing is that my intention of using the g&p bolt as my cqb/1 joule bolt and the stock one as my outdoor/1.7 joule bolt is pretty much fucked, unless I can figure out how to disassembly the g&p bolt and install the 3.5 Adjustable Valve I’ve got...

For now I’ve just finished installing the 3.5 valve into my stock MTR bolt and will be able to chrono it tomorrow to see what kind of FPS I can squeeze out of it. 

And I was using Nuprol 2.0 today but just finished off the can. I’ll be moving to ASG Power/green gas tomorrow since I can buy it in bulk for 1/4 of the price of a single can of Nuprol 2.0. 

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

I actually can’t seem to find this spreadsheet... maybe I’m just blind or it’s not obvious on mobile. Can you link it again? 

I'm waiting for g&p to get this dust cover out my H&K ral9000 dosen't fit with the hao kit.

MWS054BK1.jpg

MWS054BK-768x480.jpg

On 26/10/2020 at 23:15, ajumma said:

I’m not sure there’s any other way to get a 416 loadout without one of those expensive body kits 😕 TM just release their MWS MK18 so I don’t imagine they’re going to suddenly come out with a 416 anytime soon but I guess you could always keep your fingers crossed? 

A longer inner barrel or a tighter inner barrel will increase your FPS slightly but I think it’s difficult to predict. Your best and cheapest bet is probably to just get a g&p adjustable valve or a ra-tech npas and use that to increase your FPS on the fly to exactly where you want it with your desired bb weight. Just make sure to stay far away from the Angrygun bolt or “mpas” as they suck ass imo. 

Only eotech clone I’ve know of that withstands gbbr recoil is the Evolution Gear one, but you’ll need to order it from Asia for sure. There may be other options but I’m not sure. For the price you’ll end up paying, it’s better to just pick up a vortex crossfire red dot that will last you forever 🤷  

Good aftermarket parts are kind of hard to come by in EU to be honest, you’ll find some here and there but no one stocks as many parts as Rainbow8, jkarmy or dentrinity to be honest. 

Thank you for the info.

Unfortunately I cannot find a single airsoft shop that sells MWS MK18 that is not in the UK.

7 hours ago, ajumma said:

Cheers! I’m happy with it so far. My concern was that it wouldn’t be consistent since the Angrygun mpas was all over the place but I’m left quite happy with how everything turned out. The awkward thing is that my intention of using the g&p bolt as my cqb/1 joule bolt and the stock one as my outdoor/1.7 joule bolt is pretty much fucked, unless I can figure out how to disassembly the g&p bolt and install the 3.5 Adjustable Valve I’ve got...

For now I’ve just finished installing the 3.5 valve into my stock MTR bolt and will be able to chrono it tomorrow to see what kind of FPS I can squeeze out of it. 

And I was using Nuprol 2.0 today but just finished off the can. I’ll be moving to ASG Power/green gas tomorrow since I can buy it in bulk for 1/4 of the price of a single can of Nuprol 2.0. 

I actually can’t seem to find this spreadsheet... maybe I’m just blind or it’s not obvious on mobile. Can you link it again? 

Here you go:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

I should do that to as I correctly have nothing to do in California lol since I got 3 different barrels, 3 hopup buckings and 3 nubs as well as 2 bcg's coming and 3 recoil spring/pistons and lastly 3 mags of different bands.

1 hour ago, Marroksteel said:

I should do that to as I correctly have nothing to do in California lol since I got 3 different barrels, 3 hopup buckings and 3 nubs as well as 2 bcg's coming and 3 recoil spring/pistons and lastly 3 mags of different bands.

I will add my part to the spreadsheet hopefully today if I get access to a chrono. Would be interesting to see how it performs in your climate with different pressure gasses

5 hours ago, ajumma said:

I will add my part to the spreadsheet hopefully today if I get access to a chrono. Would be interesting to see how it performs in your climate with different pressure gasses

Yeah we're anywhere for 16-24c in California right now and up to 30 in the summer. But what chronographs are you guys using these days.

13 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Yeah we're anywhere for 16-24c in California right now and up to 30 in the summer. But what chronographs are you guys using these days.

It’s like 7-10c here during the day time at the moment. A tad colder than CA 😂. Of course any chrono tests I do I have to do indoors at 20c. Yup that’s the ambient temp in my house lol

33 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

It’s like 7-10c here during the day time at the moment. A tad colder than CA 😂. Of course any chrono tests I do I have to do indoors at 20c. Yup that’s the ambient temp in my house lol

Yeah I really didn't have a choice in joining a UK based airsoft forum as it had the best MWS thread and that includes you stormtrooper.

25 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Yeah I really didn't have a choice in joining a UK based airsoft forum as it had the best MWS thread and that includes you stormtrooper.

That actually is me as a matter of fact lol

But yeah,I reckon this is the best MWS forum thread outside of Japan. We have one Japanese member on here too but I don’t think he’s posted much. Anyway we are digressing. Oh a few years ago I did a three week road trip of CA. Went to Miramar airforce base for their annual air show. Omg that was insane. 

Also stayed near Coronado and saw Navy Seals doing night exercises on the water. It doesn’t get any real then that!!!

So update on the g&p 3.5 valve. I was getting pretty bad results from it. My bone stock mws/MTR16 bolt gives me  83-89m/s with a fully gassed up and fully loaded magazine with 0.25’s which is around 1j and below. 

The very same bolt with the g&p 3.5 valve in its setting which directs most air forward (the setting which should give me the most m/s), I got a maximum of 98m/s, around 1.2 joules I think. The variance was also greater- towards the end of a fully gassed up magazine I was getting as low as 85m/s down from the initial shots of 98m/s.  The trade off of shot-to-shot consistency for that extra 0.2j isn’t worth it to be honest so I’ve swapped back to the stock valve.

I also tested the g&p valve on its most “closed” setting and I was getting very inconsistent m/s, between 45 and 60. Maybe this setting is out of the operational range of the valve though. 

All in all, I really like the g&p bolt, although the increase in joules was unexpected. I’ll reserve this bolt for outdoor use I guess since my cqb arena operates at a max 1.2J and I get 1.25 with the g&p bolt. The g&p adjustable valve leaves a lot to be desired in my case. Others seem to have had success with it but for some reason in my system it didn’t give me the FPS boost I wanted.  

20 hours ago, ajumma said:

3 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Yeah we're anywhere for 16-24c in California right now and up to 30 in the summer. But what chronographs are you guys using these days

No expense spared, Lol

Screenshot_20201030_214023.jpg