THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Ta just got that info, might be a tad heavy for the build I'm planning.

They actually weigh very little (or you don't really feel it anyway), the bar clamping it to the top of the receiver is where most of the weight is, so isn't that noticeable-  the handguard area isn't very noticable due to that. If that was the only thing putting you off, I wouldn't worry about it

That CASV rifle is super heavy considering it’s length, but it does have loads of crap on it. I’d say it was heavier than my 16” DMR with a dytac Giessele rail. 

I just love the look of it. It’s a little old school compared to all of the new Mlok, key mod carbon fibre crap there is now.  

I have not worked on a Hop chamber before, so if I were to buy the Modify hop, the nun, etc., is it better to entrust the installation to a techie?! 

11 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Slowly building up parts for when I eventually get the rifle itself..

Are you wanting to build a military rifle or race gun?

I am super keen on the Fortis Rev rail for a lightweight build, plus its right at home for a CQB length rifle.

Is that your intended use with the MWS general field and CQB work? I.E. not DMR.

2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

I have not worked on a Hop chamber before, so if I were to buy the Modify hop, the nun, etc., is it better to entrust the installation to a techie?! 

The install is easy, there are lots of disassembly videos online :)

To do it nice have a delta ring spanner and a little punch for the 2 front sightpost pins.

Make sure to turn the hop adjustment right off before attempting to remove the outer barrel from the upper receiver ;)

15 hours ago, M_P said:

They actually weigh very little (or you don't really feel it anyway), the bar clamping it to the top of the receiver is where most of the weight is, so isn't that noticeable-  the handguard area isn't very noticable due to that. If that was the only thing putting you off, I wouldn't worry about it

Thanks for the info! i did assume most of the weight was from the accesories but i still think its too heavy from what i had in my head.

13 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That CASV rifle is super heavy considering it’s length, but it does have loads of crap on it. I’d say it was heavier than my 16” DMR with a dytac Giessele rail. 

I just love the look of it. It’s a little old school compared to all of the new Mlok, key mod carbon fibre crap there is now.  

It is very nice indeed thats why it peaked my interest from the start of looking at this thread.

10 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Are you wanting to build a military rifle or race gun?

I am super keen on the Fortis Rev rail for a lightweight build, plus its right at home for a CQB length rifle.

Is that your intended use with the MWS general field and CQB work? I.E. not DMR.

Mil rifle, I'm after something that a little bit of general field work and CQB. So far I've been looking at the KAC URX 4 and the Midwest Industries G3 M-LOK

Does anybody know a good place to get the barrel adapter to fit rails on this platform.

also can you use vsr10 barrels in these or are they propiatry.

lastly do you need a gas block with a madbull dd rail or does the adapter do all the work to keep the barrel from wobbling.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Shadowuk said:

Does anybody know a good place to get the barrel adapter to fit rails on this platform.

also can you use vsr10 barrels in these or are they propiatry.

lastly do you need a gas block with a madbull dd rail or does the adapter do all the work to keep the barrel from wobbling.

DD rails don't touch the gas block, it's purely aesthetic

May I join the club please?

Mine just arrived, first thing is the PTS or ORGA barrel adapter, anybody know of a UK source?

Cheers

rdb

A31E7C49-3E60-42E3-8303-271E8A16CBB9.thumb.jpeg.abb3365697f56066e93ada3b2e4cf906.jpeg

Your membership card is in the post. 

I had a quick look and I can’t find any in stock in the U.K.  I ordered mine from HK. Bit of a ball ache trying to find them.

healthy amount of mags!

Got a pts adapter it doesn’t work on the dytac outer barrel plus when you get a spear arms one that doesn’t work either if your trying to put on a Daniel Defense 12.5 inch rail it tightens the barrel but the ring the rail bolts on to leaving a huge gap any help for a solution would be grateful.

1 hour ago, Shadowuk said:

Got a pts adapter it doesn’t work on the dytac outer barrel plus when you get a spear arms one that doesn’t work either if your trying to put on a Daniel Defense 12.5 inch rail it tightens the barrel but the ring the rail bolts on to leaving a huge gap any help for a solution would be grateful.

Got some pics? I might be able to offer some advice 

And if you want to move in the PTS, let me know

rdb

The delta ring doesn’t go down far enough to push the plate up against the receiver but the barrel is rock solid that isn’t going nowhere 

Considering going for a pts cmr rail 12.5 inch one I heard they are extremely easy to install 

9 hours ago, Shadowuk said:

Dytac outer barrels don’t need a pts adapter to work. They had th good sense to realise Mauri were stupid and rectified the issue. 

So can the dytac barrels be used without a adapter or do they still need one. I’m trying to put on a Daniel Defense 12.5 inch rail this doesn’t seem to work. There is a gap where the part go’s up against the receiver. 

With a dytac barrel you don’t need any adapter. You just put the block on, then the barrel nut, then screw the rail to the block 

Got the barrel nut on it won’t go far enough down to hold the barrel and bolt on piece against the receiver. The only thing I can think of doing is putting on the adapter to hold the barrel in place the packing out the bolt on piece then grinding down the top of the barrel nut to get the rail flush to the receiver.

I wouldn’t buy anything off them. I messaged them a couple of times about where to actually buy and didn’t get a response until I had a stab at them on FB. 

24 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I wouldn’t buy anything off them. I messaged them a couple of times about where to actually buy and didn’t get a response until I had a stab at them on FB. 

In all honesty the quality I've experienced from FCC I don't hold out much hope for these mags anyway.