THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

It's sitting next to me like a newborn at the mo. :lol:

Just waiting for some down time to have a pop now.

Think I'll source a sling loop for the A-sight so I can put a two point sling on it.

It's odd they don't put one on. I wonder why? No biggy....

Just waiting for the buckings now but I'll have a go in the meantime. 👍

16 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

So........does anybody want me to build them a drum mag for their MWS/MTR?

Defo once my account settles down! That would be brilliant. 👍 (secretly my subconcious is saying yes already...)

Just been playing about with it getting familiar with the feel. Been a while since I fired off a real one and it feels spot on.

Why oh why have I waited so long before taking the plunge, it's awesome and I haven't even shot it yet. :lol:

28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

So........does anybody want me to build them a drum mag for their MWS/MTR?

Me 😂 where’s the best place to get an AW drum?

22 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Me 😂 where’s the best place to get an AW drum?

BZ Tactical have them for £140, or KYairsoft have them for $92 

Fellas, which gas valve tool is the right one for the MWS mags?

I need to order one as I don't think the one I have will work with these.

I would like to do the green gas mod to my mags....

6 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Fellas, which gas valve tool is the right one for the MWS mags?

I need to order one as I don't think the one I have will work with these.

I would like to do the green gas mod to my mags....

I'm unsure. I do know that the we one definitely isn't right. The teeth are too thick. I filed mine down slightly and it worked 

@rocketdogbert extreme airsoft. I’m enquiring with a friend about getting one at cost price. 

@Immortal you don’t need a valve key to do the green gas mod, just an Allen key. I’d advice cutting the tubes and not removing them all together. 

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

you don’t need a valve key to do the green gas mod, just an Allen key. I’d advice cutting the tubes and not removing them all together.  

Oh, Cool! I'll get right on with it then. Thank you. 👍

Curious though, why not remove them? Is it because it's easier and less risk of damage?

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

you don’t need a valve key to do the green gas mod, just an Allen key. I’d advice cutting the tubes and not removing them all together.  

Sorry Wolf to ask again; the baddabing vid shows him using a valve key to remove th valve and to my eyes can't be unscewed with out one? I mean it's a two part slot with the fill valve in the centre of the brass. I can't see how to remove it without a key?

I've used an Allen key to remove the base plate but how can I remove the next part to gain access to the tube with an allen?

Not sure what I'm missing here?

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 11.43.31.png

14 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Oh, Cool! I'll get right on with it then. Thank you. 👍

Curious though, why not remove them? Is it because it's easier and less risk of damage?

2 reasons.. it helps with FPS consistency to leave some of the tube. But most importantly... they’ve glued them in that badly, you’ll never get it out anyway 😂

trim it to 5-10mm above the brass valve inside 

Just put a screwdriver in one side. I found they weren’t particularly tight. 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

OK thank you. I'll do that. I was stumped when you said an Allen would do the job. lol :lol:

Just now, Immortal said:

OK thank you. I'll do that. I was stumped when you said an Allen would do the job. lol :lol:

I’ve done it with a 2mm Allen key before. You can put it in one of the two groves and twist. 

28 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You were right of course o'guru of all things MWS. Turned out easy. Choppy choppy time. 👍

I’d fill it with gas before you put the spring and plate back on so you know there’s no leaks. That feed spring was a right fiddly bastard for me 😂

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’d fill it with gas before you put the spring and plate back on so you know there’s no leaks. That feed spring was a right fiddly bastard for me 😂

I'll give it a go 👍 One down, 3 to go. I cut it to 6mm above the brass tube.

Filled the tube with a piece of kitchen paper to keep the inners clean and wrapped the outer valve to keep that clean too. Diamond cut the tube off and round filed the burrs. Job done. I'm on a mission. :lol:

EDIT 1: No leaks 👍

EDIT 2: Tan Buckings just arrived.

27 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I'll give it a go 👍 One down, 3 to go. I cut it to 6mm above the brass tube.

Filled the tube with a piece of kitchen paper to keep the inners clean and wrapped the outer valve to keep that clean too. Diamond cut the tube off and round filed the burrs. Job done. I'm on a mission. :lol:

EDIT 1: No leaks 👍

EDIT 2: Tan Buckings just arrived.

Excellent! What gas are you running? I’ve just been testing some guarder power up gas and it’s even better than propane in this freezing weather. 

39 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Excellent! What gas are you running? I’ve just been testing some guarder power up gas and it’s even better than propane in this freezing weather. 

I just gave it a squirt of green gas purely for leak checks. Just what I had laying about really, sloppy nuprol 2.0. I've also got Red 3.0 and Abbey 144a gas too. Propane interests me but I'll have to check my site allows it as out of the few I've played I know one definitely doesn't which just happens to be a place I no longer go. None of it's been run through the MWS as of yet, just my thumb pushing the valve to check it was all working and that the part I took out and modded is air tight too.

Is Guarder power up gas clean and what sort of FPS does it give you?

I'll be looking to keep mine around the 350 mark. I only really play on semi but I like to have the option to let a few rip for a laugh sometimes. I haven't chono'd it or anything yet so I don't know if I'll need an NPAS or similar yet.

My MP5K runs on red year round with the NPAS fully open and it sits happily at 350 fps.

EDIT: Think I may have put the follower spring in backwards on the first mag, oops.

Guess I'll have to open it up again. :lol:

All Mag mods done, all hold a seal. 👍

Next stop: Install the Tan bucking & try the nub I mentioned.

I might actually get to fire a shot off soon... Fun stuff. :lol:

This is the TNT APS-X nub I have, it's like a dumb bell for an Ant. Not quite as rounded as the super nub:

IMG_E2282.JPG

I’ve never heard of a place banning propane.. all green gas is propane and silicone oil. 

I’m not entirely sure what ‘blend’ power up gas is. It functions and smells just like green gas. I imagine it’s like Nuprol black, but I’ve never tried it. Gives about a 15fps boost and a much crisper cycle in this lousy weather.  Even makes my Gas SR-25 run like a champ in the cold. 

A WE mp5k? I’ve got the pdw and love it. Heavy little thing though. 

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

All Mag mods done, all hold a seal. 👍

Next stop: Install the Tan bucking & try the nub I mentioned.

I might actually get to fire a shot off soon... Fun stuff. :lol:

This is the TNT APS-X nub I have, it's like a dumb bell for an Ant. Not quite as rounded as the super nub:

IMG_E2282.JPG

That nub should be fine. Just make sure if it’s smaller than the window to center it well.