THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Reedy2509 said:

Might actually be the rifle that persuades me to pop my gbbr cherry 🍒 

• 2 weeks later...

great topic, waiting to buy my MWS (mainly because I don't know if I will have with whom to play, non german speaker in Germany ...). Until then I started researching in mods :) so, I found these as a safer/easier alternative for the green gas mod:

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/575/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-gas-injection-valve-set-black-for-all-gas-series/

I hope they work 

Well, apparently it's not so easy to pull out the tubes from the valves, some people resorted to using a vice and other crazy stuff :). And with the cutting, somebody managed to cut too low and damage the valve in the process, that's why I was thinking it's easier/safer to just replace them with shorter ones. Meanwhile, I found this interesting chart:

http://gtaassos.forumactif.fr/t974-comparatif-puissance-des-gaz

It’s honestly super simply. Sammo has a PHD in breaking things, which is why he broke his 😂

get one one of those cheap pipe cutters and do it that way if you can’t pull it off, or take some thin nosed pliers and peel the tube off. The metal is really soft

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

It’s honestly super simply. Sammo has a PHD in breaking things, which is why he broke his 😂

It's not simple...... It's evil.
You read - x will pull off... then it doesn't cos the feckers started gluing the tubes in.
You'll notice the videos of the green gas mod skate over this aspect.
It's easy if you're used to doing such things - if you're not (like me), ask a friend who is good at such stuff to do it for you 😄 
However - I can safely say that the mod is well worth it, as I now get full mags and bolt lock! Woooohoooo! (Thanks @rocketdogbert 😉 )

ok, now I got it :) the valve itself (the 5 mm part - MGG2-84) and the big tube with the large threading (MGG2-83)are two different parts. So for safety, before cutting, perhaps the valve can be unscrewed.  (MWS manual below)

P.S. : sorry if i'm getting annoying with this subject :P

mws_mag_valve.png

On the old mags the fill tube (MGG2-83) used to simply pull out of the fill valve (MGG2-84).

I personally havnt had my hands on the new(?) mags, but looking at that image it does indeed look like they two parts unscrew from each other.

Either way yes you want to remove the fill tube and cut it in half roughly, I go 10mm longer than the needle on the fill valve.

This ensures theres plenty of room for gas rather than overly liquid.

Its good practice to have a good look inside the mag and check there is no swarf or debris in there, blow it out, lube the seals with silicone oil and reassemble with some weak threadlock to the screws.

Partially fill with good oiled gas and rotate the mags so the oil can settle into the seals etc.

Sounds fair but about leaving some tubing, a lot of people just remove them completely and personally, I was thinking to cut as short as my future tool that I don't have yet will allow. Yet you say 1cm over the valve would be better ? Basically we're getting slightly into the topic of what that tube actually does. Does it limit the volume ? does it have something to do with the state of the gas inside the mag ? Badabing for example was reporting fps variations in his green gas mod video and some people in the comments were actually saying that the tube regulates the state of the gas inside (liquid/gaseous) .... any insights about this ?

Exactly.

If you completely remove the tube and the mag is fully topped of with gas (liquid) then there is a very large variation in FPS output due the larger extremes of pressure in the mag, as well as the increased potential of liquid gas vent if first shots are at an extreme angle (IE shooting up or down from a tower for example).

The whole idea of the tube is to create a volume for gas.

The original TM tubes do this to the extreme limiting the amount of gas storage available.

By leaving some tube your having your cake and eating it - more gas capacity / shots per mag and good shot to shot consistency.

1 hour ago, j_brujah said:

Sounds fair but about leaving some tubing, a lot of people just remove them completely and personally, I was thinking to cut as short as my future tool that I don't have yet will allow. Yet you say 1cm over the valve would be better ? Basically we're getting slightly into the topic of what that tube actually does. Does it limit the volume ? does it have something to do with the state of the gas inside the mag ? Badabing for example was reporting fps variations in his green gas mod video and some people in the comments were actually saying that the tube regulates the state of the gas inside (liquid/gaseous) .... any insights about this ?

Basically, from what I understand...

removing the zinc tube will allow you to get more into the mag. More liquid green gas= more shots. However... consistency suffers a little. By leaving a 5-10mm over the end of the valve you have a a good middle ground. You’ll get less shots over all, but you’ll have a more stable FPS which means your gun has the potential to be a touch more accurate vertically. 

Well, I went ahead and bought the stuff, gear and MWS (no sidearm for now) and besides getting over the dizziness of paying that much in one day ... I did a weight estimation, and it seems my beloved gear will weigh about 14.5 kilos (that's about 32 pounds) and if I get the pistol and mags, holster and what not, a red dot and a flashlight I will be at 17 kilos (~37.5 pounds) so .... HOLY SHIT

6 hours ago, j_brujah said:

Well, I went ahead and bought the stuff, gear and MWS (no sidearm for now) and besides getting over the dizziness of paying that much in one day ... I did a weight estimation, and it seems my beloved gear will weigh about 14.5 kilos (that's about 32 pounds) and if I get the pistol and mags, holster and what not, a red dot and a flashlight I will be at 17 kilos (~37.5 pounds) so .... HOLY SHIT

HE'S ONE OF US!
HE'S ONE OF US!
HE'S ONE OF US!

Highly reccomend a plate carrier for the mags. The stuff plate spreads the load evenly and stops them flapping around and winding you lol