THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

18 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

then something is way off , I’d be taking a much closer look at your rifle and chrono settings .

idk its very snappy and abbey ultra is supposed to be weaker than gg and propane 

ive done a complete strip down and nothings off, barrels been cleaned ive also replaced all the springs in the nozzle with a dytac set and its about the same maybe 3fps higher 

could be the bbs ive got im going to order up some bls bbs as ive run out of those atm and currently using valkens because thats all i can get atm 

7 hours ago, Hecker said:

Hello would just like to say thanks for all your help you have helped me decide on purchasing a mws 

I love the gun and have had no issues with it apart from the receiver being gappy at the back and having casting seams which is a bif of a disappointment 

Ive watched a few of ollies vids and Ive short stroked it using 2 10p coins in the buffer which has removed possibility of denting on the reciver and buffer tube

Im currently using abbey predator and im getting around 135 fps with 0.2 is this gas perfectly safe to use other than the nozzle spring breaking seen people get 113 fps on propane and green gas 

IMG_20230517_140546_189.jpg

The idea of the coins in the buffer is to increase the spring preload, but this does not protect the buffer from shattering, that is why the HSB has a rubber pad in there.

11 minutes ago, Hecker said:

idk its very snappy and abbey ultra is supposed to be weaker than gg and propane 

ive done a complete strip down and nothings off, barrels been cleaned ive also replaced all the springs in the nozzle with a dytac set and its about the same maybe 3fps higher 

could be the bbs ive got im going to order up some bls bbs as ive run out of those atm and currently using valkens because thats all i can get atm 

It’s 200fps  off where it could be so somethings not quite right is it ? 

but if it’s nice and snappy and you are happy then so be it 👍🏼

18 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

The idea of the coins in the buffer is to increase the spring preload, but this does not protect the buffer from shattering, that is why the HSB has a rubber pad in there.

it isnt to stop the buffer from shattering its so when the buffer bottoms out the rear screw of the gas key cant come in contact with the back of the receiver denting it! also it stops the wider sides of the bcg from making small dents on the front edge of the entrance of the buffer tube

15 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

It’s 200fps  off where it could be so somethings not quite right is it ? 

but if it’s nice and snappy and you are happy then so be it 👍🏼

never herd of a mws doing 530 fps out the box on a gas comparable to gg

Edited by Hecker

7 minutes ago, Hecker said:

it isnt to stop the buffer from shattering its so when the buffer bottoms out the rear screw of the gas key cant come in contact with the back of the bolt denting it! also it stops the wider sides of the bcg from making small dents on the front edge of the entrance of the buffer tube

never herd of a mws doing 530 fps out the box on a gas comparable to gg

you should probably read back what you’ve written earlier , and that may answer the question of why everyone thinks your gun is running low 

54DAD862-8D87-4F38-86B9-A3075DC95F39.thumb.jpeg.3729c91262cce104a3f48c67f1967454.jpeg

Edited by JimFromHorsham

Hi everyone, facing a new problem during test fire my mws....The trigger can't always resset during fire (but can alwalys reset using hand), don't know it that because I lost the Trigger Shaft C Ring or other reason....大家好,我的 mws 在试射过程中遇到了一个新问题……跳跳虎在射击过程中不能总是复位,不知道是因为我丢失了扳机轴 C 环或其他原因……

172d0aceae5c4cd12cb0789776e8578.jpg

Edited by Koooo

Trigger not resetting can be down to a few things:

Lubrication - it needs lube but not too much or too thick. It will slow things down and attract dirt.

I find locksmiths graphite spray ideal, very slick but not gloopy like oil or grease.

The trigger spring puts a twisting force on the trigger that can cause it to rub the trigger box on opposite sides (front right, back left for example) I used some fine grade abrasive paper to polish these sides of the trigger to help reduce this.

It is a while since I had the trigger apart so I can’t remember where the c clip goes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2021 at 14:11, P4radox said:

The stock mws/marui barrels are beat rounds on the most "magic" inner barrels so generally doesnt make sense, unless you wanna play with the fps, though I changed for a Maple leaf 300mm one for this reason and because I running  Maple leaf bucking (the bucking and your inner barrels mouth must to be matching and air-tight 100%) , its just depends on your upgrade parts.

In order to find the best result in accuracy these things must to be matching :

- Consistent fps (on semi auto)

- 100% air-tight 

- barrel mouth+bucking+nub are match 100%(length,shape,tightness)

+ the nub contact on the right place with the bucking and the hop arm push it down from and in the right angle (check the laylax hop unit)

So the end of the day the barrel length and diameter doesnt takes much without these things but not at all in my opinion.

I decided to change it just to make sure same brand as the bucking the Maple Leaf bucking doesn't sit nicely on the Tm barrel anyways...

Also mocked up a Diy Npas out of the stock valve 👌😬👍 just to make the AngryGun Mpas nozzle set look funny🥒

Screenshot_20230528-163849_AceSoft.jpg

Edited by P4radox

On 19/09/2020 at 14:05, RMDavis said:

Here's an update on how my URGI build currently stands.

TM MWS CQBR - Base
HAO Industries MK16 Rail
Z-Parts URGI-1 Airborne Charging Handle
Z-Parts Daniel Defence 10.3" Outer Barrel
Magpul K2 Pistol Grip
Magpul ASAP QD Rear Sling Plate
Magpul M-Lok Hand Stop
Magpul Magazine Pulls
Magpul Clone MOE SL-K Stock (waiting for genuine to restock)
HAO Industries Geissele T1 mount
Vortex Optics Crossfire
Surefire Clone M300B Weapon Light
Arisaka Clone M-Lok Weapon Light Mount

Wiitech Trigger Guard

Ergo Gapper
Angry Gun 4 Prong Surefire Flash Hider
Angry Gun Surefire Suppressor
Angry Gun Maritime Bolt Stop
PTS Griffin Armament BUIS
Ferro Concepts Slingster - Multicam Black
Ferro Concepts QD Sling Swivels
TacbeltsUK Suppressor cover - Multicam Black
SixG Brass Hop Nub

It is without a doubt the best gun I have ever had the pleasure of owning and I now have no interest in anything other than GBBR's 😂

Performance is incredible, and other than the brass nub i have no intentions of changing any other internal parts. 

On a rather warm day a couple of weeks ago it chrono'd at around 260fps using 0.32g and Abbey Predator Ultra gas, which is fairly close to the limit so I'm glad I didn't go for a tight bore inner barrel!

Apart from sourcing a Genuine Magpul Stock, Unity Tactical Mount and maybe an IR laser / torch I really don't think it needs anything else other than feeding with gas and bb's!

Would genuinely consider buying another M4 MWS in the future to build a longer rifle or maybe wait out and see how TM's AKM MWS gets on, who knows!? 

Although I do keep looking at GHK 553's...

Anyway heres a few photos of my URGI!

20200919_133754.jpg

20200919_133827.jpg

20200919_133737.jpg

20200919_133540.jpg

How's it been holding up on abbey ultra!

Doubt you will respond to a post 2 years ago but i can only try  

I just got my first MWS today! Picked it up a second-hand MWS CQBR M4 with a few mags at a decent price. 

First thing off the bat, it’s beautiful, and all the mags are leak free. 

1153202836_IMG_0715Large.thumb.jpeg.d61ed98f3269cf68df3e6b8e0e386e3e.jpeg

A few strange things I’ve noticed, and I wonder if it’s normal or needs attention. 

1. The bolt makes this pinging noise when dropped / shot, almost like a spring inside is moving around.

2. The upper and lower receiver has a gap between the two parts. The gap is large enough to look through and wobble around in the hand.

I watched Oil's video on using a hair band to fix it, but is there a more long-term solution? 

The pinging sound is the buffer spring, and is normal. You can put a buffer spacer in to reduce this.

The gap between upper and lower is, again normal. Nothing to worry about.

3 hours ago, uncleanlatent said:

I just got my first MWS today! Picked it up a second-hand MWS CQBR M4 with a few mags at a decent price. 

First thing off the bat, it’s beautiful, and all the mags are leak free. 

1153202836_IMG_0715Large.thumb.jpeg.d61ed98f3269cf68df3e6b8e0e386e3e.jpeg

A few strange things I’ve noticed, and I wonder if it’s normal or needs attention. 

1. The bolt makes this pinging noise when dropped / shot, almost like a spring inside is moving around.

2. The upper and lower receiver has a gap between the two parts. The gap is large enough to look through and wobble around in the hand.

I watched Oil's video on using a hair band to fix it, but is there a more long-term solution? 

Mine came loose maybe slightly worse ive seen other new mws's also with loose receivers out the box my recommendation would be to plop some rubber bands over the pegs on the upper. if you want to close the gap and stop wobble permanently shimstock would be the way to go or possibly tap grub screws on the bottom of the takwdown pegs to push up on the takedown pins but that could most likely weaken the upper when i find a spare for cheap ill give it a go and try

Thanks guys. Another quick question is, do I need to change the nozzle return spring to get it running with green gas reliably? 

Or should I just run it stock with Green gas and replace/upgrade parts that break? 

Would this one be a good drop-in replacement? 

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6344/s/eaglesix-bcg-nozzle-return-spring-150-for-tm-m4-mws-gbbr/

Edited by uncleanlatent

I have heard of people getting away with using the stock nozzle spring, however with green gas it is very likely to break. A lot of people run the Bav-Tac nozzle spring or dynamic precision, I havent heard anyone's review of the eagle six one but I know the guns modify nozzle spring is super stuff and a pain to install so a lot of people say to keep clear of that one

I've ran my MWS with stock spring for over a year with well over 10k shots through it. Closer to 13 14k. Still yet to have any issues or breakage. Just go for it and replace as it breaks. Wouldn't hurt pre buying one for the spares box though.

1 hour ago, acrxil said:

I have heard of people getting away with using the stock nozzle spring, however with green gas it is very likely to break. A lot of people run the Bav-Tac nozzle spring or dynamic precision, I havent heard anyone's review of the eagle six one but I know the guns modify nozzle spring is super stuff and a pain to install so a lot of people say to keep clear of that one

Thanks for the tip, just got the Dynamic Precision spring set. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-marui-m4a1-mws

Simple answer is run as close to stock as you can, then replace if something (or in the case of the nozzle spring, when) breaks.

Always worth keeping a few spares around; nozzles, nozzle spring, hop rubbers and mag lips are in my spares box. There may be other things but those or the most common I think.

I've also got the Dynamic Precison nozzle springs, as well as a couple of TM and a couple of BavTac ones. Had one go on me but replaced with another stock spring and has been going strong for more than a year.

I use a heavy recoil buffer and spring in my m4a1 and spr mod 0 during the summer with propane and have never had an issue with cracking.

On 10/06/2023 at 09:11, Koooo said:

Anyone have good condition spare complete lower for sale ? Also accept trigger box set. I believe my trigger sear is heavily damged even change different trigger can't reset well in the semi function

I have a virtually complete mk18 - only needs a new bolt body and nozzle clip