THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Just finished the whole thread end to end. I am currently serious ly considering an M4A1. I currently have an MWS MK18, AKM, KSG and an MTR. 

I just love the look of the M41A, I think I would have to change the rail to something a little longer so it extends further down the barrel though

Hello all, just wondering if you could help me, my locking lug spring has well fallen out. The mock lug now is loose and is effecting the gun. I can't for the life of me find a spring. I seen some on eagle6 but they are out of stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Ryan

16786453423314939558015659850153.jpg

Edited by Gunner91
Needed to add a pic

2 hours ago, Gunner91 said:

Hello all, just wondering if you could help me, my locking lug spring has well fallen out. The mock lug now is loose and is effecting the gun. I can't for the life of me find a spring. I seen some on eagle6 but they are out of stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Ryan

Without digging mine out of the case and checking. Just by going off the pic. Would a small spring out of a biro or similar, cut down suffice for the time being until you source a spare? Just a thought..

17 hours ago, Gunner91 said:

Ryan

you could always pop off the locking lug part as it is only cosmetic. A small Biro spring might do the job - or maybe see if there are packs of misc small springs on Bay?

On 12/03/2023 at 18:20, Gunner91 said:

Ryan

https://shop.jkarmy.com/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tm-m4a1-mws.html

Thanks for the help appreciated, but it turns out where the lug catches on two little bits of plastic as on the original tm, it's been worn down/ snapped? So the locking lug has been popped off due to it being on cosmetic as SSPkali said. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Actually looking to buy a full complete bolt now. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time

Ryan

8 hours ago, Gunner91 said:

Thanks for the help appreciated, but it turns out where the lug catches on two little bits of plastic as on the original tm, it's been worn down/ snapped? So the locking lug has been popped off due to it being on cosmetic as SSPkali said. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Actually looking to buy a full complete bolt now. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time

Ryan

Original TM parts are generally the best option, but you may need to look at the Asian suppliers to get them. I've had nothing but good experiences with Impulse101, WGC and JK Army. 

Hey all just a quick one, what sight set up is good for the mws? I want to keep my front sight on, but I've tried a couple of red dots and the front sight gets in the way. Doesn't have to be a red dot by the way.

Thank you 

Ryan 

12 hours ago, Gunner91 said:

T1 looks really good actually, is it a sight I can use to hit my target though? Bought some airsoft grade sights before and they were awful.

Ive bought a fair share of cheap sights, obviously you get what you pay for.

But most of the T1's ive used Ive hit my targets. Case of making sure you set your hop then set your zero

Has anyone fitted a BavTac MHN hop nub to their musket? Curious to see how these stack up against the mighty SixG

On 22/03/2023 at 21:36, C-Diddy said:

Has anyone fitted a BavTac MHN hop nub to their musket? Curious to see how these stack up against the mighty SixG

Looks like its made for flat hop / R hop style hop rubbers. A 3d printed version of Maple Leaf's omega Nub

Different nubs work best with different rubbers. The SiXG will probably always work best with your normal mound type rubbers.

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

Looks like its made for flat hop / R hop style hop rubbers. A 3d printed version of Maple Leaf's omega Nub

Different nubs work best with different rubbers. The SiXG will probably always work best with your normal mound type rubbers.

I feel a little project coming on.

I've kept my MWS completely stock internally, standfast the SixG. Now I want to make a second MWS build and go against every instict I have, and tinker with different internals.

I'm thinking of things like the BavTac nub and Zet Plate, different buffer set-ups, hop rubbers, nozzles etc. 

I'm fairly certain no setup will be better or more reliable than a stock MWS, but what the hell. Blame boredom, curiosity and watching too much Ollie Talks Airsoft! 

My MWS Mk12 Mod H (ish) build is about 90% finished.

Used a Double Bell AEG as a donor. Spent a fair bit of time working the barrel nut on and off to get it to cut on but I did it.

Drilled and tapped threads to accommodate a longer bottom rail. 
1-6x24 vector optics, optic. Works like a red dot on 1 power.

im just gunna run this on standard power. Just polish up the stock Uber barrel again and run it on 0.32’s

i love a normal kitted out mk18, but how many mk12’s do you see about?

4AFB6DFB-9738-4CAE-95DB-252E374F8065.jpeg

16 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

My MWS Mk12 Mod H (ish) build is about 90% finished.

Used a Double Bell AEG as a donor. Spent a fair bit of time working the barrel nut on and off to get it to cut on but I did it.

Drilled and tapped threads to accommodate a longer bottom rail. 
1-6x24 vector optics, optic. Works like a red dot on 1 power.

im just gunna run this on standard power. Just polish up the stock Uber barrel again and run it on 0.32’s

i love a normal kitted out mk18, but how many mk12’s do you see about?

4AFB6DFB-9738-4CAE-95DB-252E374F8065.jpeg

Nice, why not semi lock it and bump it up too 425?

12 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Nice, why not semi lock it and bump it up too 425?

Kinda wanna keep it standard power as the optic can be on one power and act like a red dot.

I do have a spare bolt, so its possible to get a spare safety and DMR it. Might think about it in the future see how I feel

On 02/04/2023 at 00:50, Hecker said:

Anyone know if you can fit real dust covers to the mws I'm wanting to put the magpul one on it 

Don’t think so. I think the scallop on the bolt is too shallow. Mine won’t shut properly.