THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I always find if I angle the mag so the filler valve is straight, they fill no problem.

Ollie talks airsoft (I think that's the name) is a YouTuber who does a lot of mws videos, including a great one on the green gas mod and whether it should be done. In this video he covers about angling the mag, might be worth checking his videos out. 

Don't actually own an mws yet, once I have sold a few bits it's next on the list! 

Does anyone have experience with real steel rails and aftermarket uppers? I know the stock one needs rethreading for rs spec barrel nuts, but what about uppers like the NOVA BCM ones? Really want to put together a BCM style upper with genuine MCMR rail...

I was planning to run my MWS tomorrow, it's totally stock, but thought I'd Chrono today as I'm changing BB's and it's running hot on all weights.  I thought I'd need an NPAS at some point so not a massive surprise, given the warm weather.

Has anyone happened across UK stock? I can only find them outside the UK.

I know I could use 144a but a little late for tomorrow and in the longer term I assume an NPAS is the way to go rather than many different gasses, plus I just bulk brought Green gas 🙂

Stock MWS running hot…what’s the weather like / what gas are you running?

I used mine in 27 degree heat last weekend and it was coming in under 320 on a .2g 😆

ASG UltraAir (so green gas), SW around mid 20s.

Done nothing since I last used it about a month ago, on 0.30s, where it was just under (same gas).

BB's, I tried .28, .30, .32s all over... 10-20 fps depending on weight

On 30/07/2022 at 19:53, SilentSparky said:

Done nothing since I last used it about a month ago, on 0.30s, where it was just under (same gas).

I found ASG Ultra to be about 10-15 FPS higher than Nuprol Green. 

FireSupport often have the G&P npas in, best to replace the plastic screw with a stainless hex grub screw (think I have spares, happy to post one if anyone needs one) With a dab of loctite it doesn’t work lose. https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-mws-gbb-cnc-adjustable-power-nozzle-valve-50

RATech black is good but fiddly to adjust. Think Emporion have them, FireSupport also list them but out of stock (maybe worth emailing them) https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ratech-ra-npas-kit-for-marui-gbbr-mws

Failing that you can make your own NPAS by drilling a small hole in the stock rocket valve and threading a heated grub screw through it to cut a thread. Pretty sure someone on here has done it and posted photos.

On 30/07/2022 at 19:53, SilentSparky said:

Just to be safe, Best to stick to Abbey Green when the temp is mid 20s. 

I've been looking into getting another rail for my MWS.

I've found a Madbull Viking Tactical Extreme handguard which I quite like but before I drop the money on it does anyone know if it will actually fit?

I've seen the PTS Barrel Adapter I could get but does this only work for PTS rails? If so is there another adapter I could buy?

Could I also have people's opinions on Angry Gun outer barrels?

35 minutes ago, DrFumbles said:

I've found a Madbull Viking Tactical Extreme handguard which I quite like but before I drop the money on it does anyone know if it will actually fit?

I've seen the PTS Barrel Adapter I could get but does this only work for PTS rails? If so is there another adapter I could buy?

If the rail is an airsoft std one the mounting nut should screw straight on. Milspec one will need the receiver rethreading!

If you change the barrel nut you will need a shim to make sure the barrel nut holds the outer barrel that is different diameter to AEG ones. Not tried it but apparently the PTS adapter shim only works with PTS barrels.

There are a few others, I think WiiTech, Hao and others. Have a look on FireSupport (search ‘MWS’and then select “view all”)

Edited by SSPKali
Edited for barrel nut info

19 hours ago, SSPKali said:

FireSupport often have the G&P npas in, best to replace the plastic screw with a stainless hex grub screw (think I have spares, happy to post one if anyone needs one) With a dab of loctite it doesn’t work lose. https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-mws-gbb-cnc-adjustable-power-nozzle-valve-50

RATech black is good but fiddly to adjust. Think Emporion have them, FireSupport also list them but out of stock (maybe worth emailing them) https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ratech-ra-npas-kit-for-marui-gbbr-mws

Failing that you can make your own NPAS by drilling a small hole in the stock rocket valve and threading a heated grub screw through it to cut a thread. Pretty sure someone on here has done it and posted photos.

Thanks, I had seen the one on Emporion so have gone for that one.

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Aaaaaand I’ll just leave this here 👀

Is that a DEVGRU Noveske kit? Is it any different to the Dytac MWS offering?

image.png.98d29a2ee8bf5071df32df82a81f984e.png

10 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

I’ve had 4 madbull troy and vtac rails, only one of them fitted - the threads in the barrel nut just wouldn’t engage with the receiver threads past about 2 rotations.

12 minutes ago, Jacket said:

I’ve had 4 madbull troy and vtac rails, only one of them fitted - the threads in the barrel nut just wouldn’t engage with the receiver threads past about 2 rotations.

Sounds like that was a milspec threading which is close but not close enough.

The Troy 7” one worked, the Troy 9” 13” and VTac 9” all wouldn’t screw on.

All same design barrel nut obviously different batches.
None had different descriptions of the thread in the adverts, but good on Firesupport and Landwarrior both refunded when I returned them.

Hi all

brand new to the MWS and GBBR.

just ordered a Sopmod and got some mags coming too.

has anyone tried the HAO MWS BCG diffuser sticker ?

Also if I order SixG SUPER NUB are .30 BBs ok or should o run .32s ? And which brand do you recommend?

I normally use ASG 

thanks 

2E8375BB-B785-4EC8-9D1A-9B9C2155118C.jpeg.a0a7c2eb3ee855c692c43b5c35dd8279.jpeg

1 hour ago, Papa1 said:

Hi all

brand new to the MWS and GBBR.

just ordered a Sopmod and got some mags coming too.

has anyone tried the HAO MWS BCG diffuser sticker ?

Also if I order SixG SUPER NUB are .30 BBs ok or should o run .32s ? And which brand do you recommend?

I normally use ASG 

thanks 

2E8375BB-B785-4EC8-9D1A-9B9C2155118C.jpeg.a0a7c2eb3ee855c692c43b5c35dd8279.jpeg

Hao stickers are to fix issues with their bolt carrier. If you are using the stock TM one you won’t need it.

BB choice is a mien field as there are so many variables. Search back a few pages and I published my results from shooting groupings from a clamped rifle at 10m. Diagonal spread went from 70mm down to 30mm depending on brand and weight. SPOILER the heaviest, most expensive ones weren’t the best.

I have re-tested the BBs with my two AEGs (Cyma MP5 and ALS-74U) and still had the same clear winner = Geoffs Super Precision 0.32g YMMV!

SixG super nub, SixG buffer spacer and replace the nozzle spring; the only upgrades an MWS ever needs.

32 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Hao stickers are to fix issues with their bolt carrier. If you are using the stock TM one you won’t need it.

BB choice is a mien field as there are so many variables. Search back a few pages and I published my results from shooting groupings from a clamped rifle at 10m. Diagonal spread went from 70mm down to 30mm depending on brand and weight. SPOILER the heaviest, most expensive ones weren’t the best.

I have re-tested the BBs with my two AEGs (Cyma MP5 and ALS-74U) and still had the same clear winner = Geoffs Super Precision 0.32g YMMV!

SixG super nub, SixG buffer spacer and replace the nozzle spring; the only upgrades an MWS ever needs.

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Very new mws owner and new to gbbr's in general. 

Completely stock internals and using 144a I was doing 310 with 0.3s yesterday at the post lunch chrono (it was 36 degrees c!). What's the best npas to fit?

Based on this thread I avoided all angry gun externals as well and want to leave it as stock as possible. 

Welcome to the club. Personally I use the RA Tech black MWS NPAS. A  bit fiddly to adjust but works great. Had to get mine shipped from emperion though as couldn't find uk stock.

5 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Very new mws owner and new to gbbr's in general. 

Completely stock internals and using 144a I was doing 310 with 0.3s yesterday at the post lunch chrono (it was 36 degrees c!). What's the best npas to fit?

Based on this thread I avoided all angry gun externals as well and want to leave it as stock as possible. 

I have the G&P one and after replacing the plastic (!) grub screw with a stainless one and a dab of loctite it has been working well. Have an RATech in the spare nozzle as well and they both do the same job, might be down to what is in stock :)