THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Does anybody know of a ‘PDW’ style short buffer tube similar to the LWRC one, that is available for the MWS?

As part of my downsizing I’m also shrinking the rifle to fit in a backpack, not keen on sliding / collapsing stocks.

Fitted the Hao heavy bolt end and G&P buffer spring (as the very old stock one is weak and shrinking!) to the stock MWS bolt carrier yesterday.

Using the AG High Speed buffer weight (Alu) with the Hao end there is definitely more of a thump to the recoil but the TM mags were still giving ~120 shots before any obvious drop in FPS. Would still clear 140 BBs and lock back 👍 Action was nice and snappy and even full auto was fast.

Now to find an AG Steel buffer weight to try it with…

Well guys finally got around to installing the SixG brass nub and modify tan bucking inside my MWS MK18, the barrel nut is so easy to remove so long as you have a heat gun and the correct tools.

skirmished it with the upgrades for first time today, prior I had been running it pretty much stock on 0.28g BBs since it launched, I say pretty much because it’s also got a PTS MEC buffer with spacers in buffer tube to reduce bolt bounce. It’s had so many game days that I couldn’t put a number on the amount of rounds it’s had fired through it, and it’s never had any problems even the nozzle springs haven’t gone yet, it is however cleaned after every game and re-lubed. It’s so damned reliable!!

Straight in with the 0.36 Vorsk BBs! First impressions? Well I found setting the hop to be quite difficult to be honest, It was over hopping on every setting, almost seems like it can now only be set at one end of the spectrum and it’s impossible to set it to under hop. It was slight over hop at lowest setting and extreme over hop at highest setting. 
Would heavier BBs open the spectrum up a little bit?? Make it more so it’s like - lowest setting having some under hop, middle setting having flattest trajectory, and highest having some over hop? This is how it always was for me running stock using 0.28, and I’ve only ever used 0.28 until now.

Several magazines in and the range was definitely starting to improve and the trajectory seemed to be flattening out as the hop was bedding in but I feel as thought there is a lot more experimenting to be done to find that sweet spot of maximum range with flattest trajectory possible. Might try some .40g and upwards and see how that goes.

how are you guys getting on with the sixG super nub?  

20 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

MCX, it will be a kit to slap your internals into.

Please god tell me this isn't an MCX Rattler kit...I don't think my bank account could take it 😭😫😭😫

1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

Please god tell me this isn't an MCX Rattler kit...I don't think my bank account could take it 😭😫😭😫

Haha my thoughts exactly!

Unconfirmed but seems likely you’ll be able to pick and choose barrel / handguard length seeing as Airsoft artisan already make a large amount of MCX kit.

12 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Haha my thoughts exactly!

Unconfirmed but seems likely you’ll be able to pick and choose barrel / handguard length seeing as Airsoft artisan already make a large amount of MCX kit.

Oh fuck,I've got Artisan and Laylax on my virtus.

Its all good stuff,how much do kidneys go for again?

Thank you for the reply 😉👍

15 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

I already have an MCX... but a GBB Rattler would really be another level entirely... 

1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

Another level of poverty for me,no more steak for me...ever! 😭😭😭

Tbh I'm now torn between saving up for the L119A2 Hao kit or this.... both look like they're impressive kits anyway.

14 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

Tbh I'm now torn between saving up for the L119A2 Hao kit or this.... both look like they're impressive kits anyway.

I was thinking are they making the lower for the MCX too?

If all you can do is replace the upper you're going to need to swap out the buffer tube for a RIS attachment to fit a fold stock.

If that is the case I'm sticking with my Virtus/Rattler/m13 AEG.

I keep wondering why they've not just done a Rattler of their own or even a Canebreak?

Lower is coming too, like I said, it will be kit to drop in your internals.

61084A10-FD41-40F8-8543-BDF5E9FA23E8.thumb.jpeg.5e43f53fe0f2b6a9033403e3fe1f3cd0.jpeg

*Edit - New pic.

5014C6ED-BFB4-4742-8BC7-1C1FC322B663.thumb.jpeg.76178168bbaf1f6a47a8e48a67defb0b.jpeg

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

6 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Lower is coming too, like I said, it will be kit to drop in your internals.

Jesus, that's impressive - I almost want to buy an MWS just so I can put an LVAW/Black Mamba build together...

So I ordered two more nozzle-housings, some springs - in case I break any during fitting - and am now the proud daddy of a fully functional, bolt-locking, smooth rocking G&P carrier assembly while using the 50rds ProWin mags!

Easiest solution was the first I tried and it worked flawlessly:

- G&P SAI forged bolt carrier

- G&P nozzle return spring and nozzle internals (come stock with the complete carrier)

- ProWin nozzle housing

- Dynamic Precision springset

- some oil

In case anyone ever needs help, ask me.

20220714_222006.jpg

20220714_222014.jpg

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@M4ELATR0M so what was causing your running issue?

After all it was a slight difference in the construction of the nozzle-intake. The G&P - and most aftermarket nozzles - have a slight bulge in front of the hole where the gas goes in. That bulge hits the gasket rubber of the ProWin mags ever so slightly since they are couple of mm's taller than stock to seal better with the nozzle-intake.

That's it. 

All the superior parts causing problems then 😂

I jest, for the record magazine do not need taller gas routes 'for a better seal', all this does is exert excessive upward pressure on the working parts.

If i have the right 'bulge' in mind, that is another upgrade for a problem that didnt exist in the MWS - poor BB pick up.

So did you modify any of the aftermarket parts to work properly?

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

All the superior parts causing problems then 😂

I jest, for the record magazine do not need taller gas routes 'for a better seal', all this does is exert excessive upward pressure on the working parts.

If i have the right 'bulge' in mind, that is another upgrade for a problem that didnt exist in the MWS - poor BB pick up.

So did you modify any of the aftermarket parts to work properly?

No modifications needed. - Would have mentioned that earlier if that was the case.

The sealing of the ProWin mags in combination with the stock TM bolt carrier assembly is "better" - and does infact not interfere with the mechanism. Ergo: no upwards pressure. It does however put the aforementioned pressure on aftermarket parts like the G&P carrier because of the buldge. The feeding was flawless with all parts - stock and aftermarket - on any combo that I have tested so far by the way.

I'd like a carry handle for my MWS, any recommendations?