THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 11/05/2022 at 22:40, MAX DICKER said:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-93-inch---gen-2-version-desert-dirt-color

Angry Gun do one, I have the 13.5" version that's going on my upper build

20220505_133930.jpg

I’ll be ordering one from HAO since Angry Gun is deemed to lack QC lately.

Will post a picture when it arrives 👍.

Edited by werkzeug

Right, here's the deal, I *could* trawl through all 247 pages in this thread to hopefully find the info I need, but I figure I'll be lazy and just ask.

Basically,  I've built a DMR upper.

It has:

6.05mm x 410mm Orga inner

Angry gun complete cnc hop adjuster set

Angrygun hop chamber with unicorn bucking

Angry Gun high speed bolt carrier with mpa nozzle.

At home I chrono'd at 1.77 joules. However, it was failing to hop .30g BB's and had cycling issues. The bolt carrier seemed sluggish when cycling and would occasionally fail to cycle and end up venting the gas form the mag.

I have acquired a Laylax hop chamber and nine ball rubber and have ordered a flat hop tensioner.... am I on the right track here?

Just looking for general advice on how to get this upper working well. Cost of parts isn't an issue. To keep the power around the 1.8j mark and be able to hop 0.3g - 0.4g bb's and cycle smoothly.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Ditch Angry Gun parts

Use stock BCG or Mitch better quality.

Npas of sorts

Use 60d bucking

SixG Super Nub or

Laylax hop arm

You really want a HSB or similar to stop the back end of the gun eating itself running high power.

If you end up running a heavy bolt (which is pointless IMO) you will need a heavier recoil spring.

2 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

Right, here's the deal, I *could* trawl through all 247 pages in this thread to hopefully find the info I need, but I figure I'll be lazy and just ask.

Basically,  I've built a DMR upper.

It has:

6.05mm x 410mm Orga inner

Angry gun complete cnc hop adjuster set

Angrygun hop chamber with unicorn bucking

Angry Gun high speed bolt carrier with mpa nozzle.

At home I chrono'd at 1.77 joules. However, it was failing to hop .30g BB's and had cycling issues. The bolt carrier seemed sluggish when cycling and would occasionally fail to cycle and end up venting the gas form the mag.

I have acquired a Laylax hop chamber and nine ball rubber and have ordered a flat hop tensioner.... am I on the right track here?

Just looking for general advice on how to get this upper working well. Cost of parts isn't an issue. To keep the power around the 1.8j mark and be able to hop 0.3g - 0.4g bb's and cycle smoothly.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Put it back to stock, get a supernub and an npas then leave it alone! 

You basically gave your mws cancer.

I still have my original upper which is all stock internally and works flawlessly. Hops perfectly for CQB which is what I mostly play. Just fancied building an extra upper to use as a DMR.

I totally get having a different upper for DMR role, save a lot of messing about.

But ultimately all that entails is;

Longer barrel for FPS (I’m surprised you didn’t get the Prommy 6.03).

Npas to control fps.

Harder bucking to suit fps.

Better nub.

Aesthetics.

Edited by Davegolf

12 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I totally get having a different upper for DMR role, save a lot of messing about.

But ultimately all that entails is;

Longer barrel for FPS (I’m surprised you didn’t get the Prommy 6.03).

Npas to control fps.

Harder bucking to suit fps.

Better nub.

Aesthetics.

To be honest I've been playing 15 years and other than a high ROF jg G3sas in about 2012, I've never internally upgraded any of my RIF's.

I have a spare Marui bolt carrier... I'll look out for a Prometheus 6.03.

20220513_171654.jpg

Edited by MAX DICKER

So I spent a few hours yesterday dialing in my hop (got the Laylax hop arm, everything else stock) on my MTR-16. It was shooting .36s fine.

Then today at a skirmish in typical airsoft fashion it decided to start playing up - it looked and sounded like it was firing correctly, but only 1 in 5 shots would actually come out of the barrel. It seemed that about 4 or 5 bbs would get stuck in the barrel before they all rolled out.

I tried turning the hop off all the way - didn’t change anything. Tried putting it back on - again no difference.

Also tried some different gas (144a, green, red) and the issue persisted with them all.

Any idea what has gone wrong? The barrel is clear and the hop rubber looks intact 

Nozzle looks fine, hop rubber is the stock TM one and looks in tact (no tearing or anything).

Any recommendation on what gun grease/lube to use? I need to get some anyway 

With the Laylax hop arm (replaces the original nub with a solid surface) it has hopped .4s reasonably well at a previous skirmish. But I did try it with the hop all the way down and the issue persisted (plus it worked fine in this configuration previously).

Just annoying it was shooting the .36s like a laser yesterday at home and then today it has been troublesome

The stock bucking is fine whatever weight, i didn’t think the Laylax arm gave trouble but may be wrong.

TechT GunSav and Parker Hale Express gun oil.

Just another check - old swollen or generally duff BBs will give loads of jams.

The MWS is a fussy eater.

Mine had wound off the hop for some reason so I had to reset between games. Accuracy out beyond 30m was a bit lacking so I might have to check the barrel is clean and the hop rubber not torn or something daft like that.

Other than that I was hitting peoples hands as they gesticulated to their team mates 😂

EDIT: cleaned barrel and still struggling to get sub 4” groups at 15m. Took out inner barrel, hop unit, inspected and reinstalled. Now sub 2” groups with Amoeba Precision 0.30g  (and even better with the Guarder 0.36g!)

meh

Edited by SSPKali

Gonna buy a used TM MWS from the classifieds, not sure the right topic but might be good to ask the experienced ones here. I'm gonna buy the bundle with PayPal Buyer's Protection, should I be worried about any sort of scamming? Is it enough to do a good trade?

Hi 👋

Yeah paypal goods and services is best for buyer protection.

Have you looked at sellers reputation? Have they got good feedback?

Does the pictured item contain the sellers forum name and date?

Is the pictured item the actual item or a stock photo from a mag or online seller(you can generally tell)and this is the reason that the sellers forum name and date are included In pic.

Trust your judgment and ask seller questions and judge by their answers. You can tell a lot by how they respond.

Nothing is garenteed but with goods and services you have some protection.

Good luck( they are a pretty honest bunch on here)👍

Regards

Edited by Shamal

Some BB testing at 10m today, Vorsk 0.36g lead the pack and are much tighter than stock MWS on BLS BBs (according to 4uad airsofts tests)

I used two 0.1mm AEG shims to stop the hop arm moving side to side but have the stock TM rubber in there at the moment.

* 4uad tested Stock MWS 120mm diagonal group at 20m.

* My MWS (Laylax arm, Crazyjet 250mm) with Vorsk 0.36 (thanks @MAX DICKER) 45mm with a flyer at 10m so roughly 90mm at 20m!

Geoffs 0.32g coming, if anyone has a handful of Geoffs 0.36g they could bung in the post to me that would be great 😊 

796AB9B9-C1AE-49F4-A10F-F2E72A20DDBC.jpeg

0162A575-B0E7-4CBD-95DF-2BA427220459.jpeg

Wow. Just wow.

Geoffs Super Precision 0.32g BBs are defo the fave for my MWS.

Vorsk 0.36g managed a 45mm diagonal and 936mm2 area spread over 10m

Geoffs smashed it with 5 shots in a 319mm2 box, 34mm diagonal! I re ran the test to make sure it wasn’t a fluke and got 520mm2 / 42mm. For size reference the box is about the side of the end of your thumb!

Bonus that they are a third of the price of 0.36g BBs (of any brand!)

Next test will be with the new Maple Leaf MR Silicone hop rubber, but I can’t be bothered to change it at the moment and I would probably need to push the testing out to 20 or 30m to see any appreciable difference.

Safe to say I will be grabbing some more Geoffs SP 0.32g with my next order 👍

32031848-28AA-4D24-8F65-1B4E9DD9FE77.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali

Well after a long sabbatical from the sport I am now back and I finally got round to finishing of the Taran Tactical TR1 John Wick. It uses the Angry Gun TTI TR1 John Wick kit. Before a few of you tell me about the evil of Angry Gun parts, all the internals are all MWS apart from a tan bucking and a longer 6.05 inner barrel. Also I didn't pay the absurdly expensive price of £900 or whatever it was. I got it off a former member on here that bought it just to get an upper he had broken. I got eh whole thing including a near full MWS for a bargain price.

Regarding the quality of the kit, I did have to do a little bit of light engineering to get the trigger mechanism to fit in the lower but everything else in the kit fitted quite nicely. I also fitted a new BCG with a built in NPAS ( I can't remember the name as I bought it over 2 years ago and never fitted it.

I gave it a test fire and with the NPAS wound all the way in (max power) this thing is bloody powerful. I will run it through the Chrono tomorrow to see what it is coming out as then adjust accordingly.

The second photo also shows my original Block 1 MWS for size comparison which is totally standard and totally bullet proof!

TTITR1.jpg

MWSBoth.jpg

Edited by RobHedley

Well the results are in. I have to say that it seems more powerful than the actual numbers.

So the Block 1 which is standard is coming out at around the 260 fps using .32s and red gas

The TR1 DMS is coming out between 370 - 350 fps using .32s and red gas

I have a decent size garden so it was just short of 60m from firing point inside the outbuilding to the target. It is a little windy today but the DMR was firing straight with no hint of a drop off when it hit the target and it was still motoring when it got there.

Pretty pleased with the results but we will see when I use it in anger in a game.

Are those figures around the norm gents? 

Edited by RobHedley