THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

13 minutes ago, IrishDave said:

Hey, wondering if any of you know where I could get my hands on a pdw style retractable stock for an mws?

Top of the previous page.

Google:

G&P Viper 

G&P Troy PDW

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

On 30/04/2022 at 09:26, Wavey_Gravey said:

The Magpul stocks will fit, CTR provides the best lockup with no wobble.

As for grips it’s personal preference, Magpul, hogue, ergo or the BCM grip is great ( I have one for sale 🙃 ) but I’ve recently swapped to a reptilia as I have girly hands.

Ha, this is why I sold it in the first place. The reptilia one is nice eh :)

On 28/04/2022 at 23:05, Davegolf said:

Nice to know the Guarder routes are good to go 👍

FPS variation was down to worn nozzle…new TM nozzle fitted and mags now within 5fps of each other🤷🏽

Short answer: nothing

Slightly more detailed:

Check your FPS with a chrony and be aware that GBBRs FPS vary with outside temperature. The hotter, the more FPS.

In Winter (<10°C you might want to switch to Red gas)

Your nozzle return spring might break after a few thousand shots.

General GBBR: clean and lube regularly, search in this thread for tips and what to use. Ollie talks Airsoft youtube channel is also a fantastic source for MWS related stuff.

2 hours ago, CaZeral said:

Hello ! I'm new to GBBR. I got 1 question.

I want to run green gas in my MWS. What do I need to do/upgrade and/or be wary of ?

Thank you in advance !

Have a spare nozzle spring as these can fatigue and break. Eagle6 has videos on how to disassemble/ reassemble.

A spare nozzle is also handy to have, TM, G&P or Dynamic Precision seem the most reliable. 

Dab of loctite on the Phillips screw at the end of the buffer tube, you will need a long screwdriver.

Welcome to the MWS club!

13 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Where did you get that from mate? Impulse?

Had a couple spare, possibly from Impulse101 last year.

Well that's new.... well more so interesting to say the least. I'll have a look at my spare nozzles later and see if they have one or two indents.. I'm surprised there are 2 variations though.... Most unusual! 

The old one from my MWS has 2 ridges, probably 5years old. Will check the newer ones I can check later in the week.

Interested to here what everyone else are like, also the metal piece the nozzle return spring connects to (not really sure what it’s called!) is slightly different on both, one is chamfered and the other is radiused, I’ve not had either rifle from new so it is possible it’s not OEM, but I can’t find anything similar online!

12 minutes ago, ArranTurner said:

Interested to here what everyone else are like, also the metal piece the nozzle return spring connects to (not really sure what it’s called!) is slightly different on both, one is chamfered and the other is radiused, I’ve not had either rifle from new so it is possible it’s not OEM, but I can’t find anything similar online!

On mine the cut is radiused. It was bought new this year if that helps...

16520360999553769792024754378727.jpg

If your one that seals better is also radiused then that could show an improvement on newer revisions?

Edited by Khyber

32 minutes ago, Khyber said:

On mine the cut is radiused. It was bought new this year if that helps...

16520360999553769792024754378727.jpg

If your one that seals better is also radiused then that could show an improvement on newer revisions?

Cheers for that, really interesting, I’ll check later which is the better sealing one, but agreed, could definitely be an update, Marui seem to be really good at that 

I'm currently playing up different options when it comes to the next pew, but I keep coming back to either an NGRS or an MWS. The MWS keeps winning the argument in my head. 

Two questions though, and I appreciate one is harder than the other.

- With TM having recently done an URGI NGRS, do we think they'll do an URGI GBBR? How long was there between the NGRS MK18 and the MK18 GBBR? I appreciate I may be better off trying to read tea leaves to try and guess what's next from TM.

- What's the best starting point for a 10.3" (ish) URGI build if I just wanted to work towards that from the existing platforms? 

8 hours ago, Nodnol said:

I'm currently playing up different options when it comes to the next pew, but I keep coming back to either an NGRS or an MWS. The MWS keeps winning the argument in my head. 

Two questions though, and I appreciate one is harder than the other.

- With TM having recently done an URGI NGRS, do we think they'll do an URGI GBBR? How long was there between the NGRS MK18 and the MK18 GBBR? I appreciate I may be better off trying to read tea leaves to try and guess what's next from TM.

- What's the best starting point for a 10.3" (ish) URGI build if I just wanted to work towards that from the existing platforms? 

NGRS Mk18 was early 2019, MWS Mk18 was late 2020. But as you say, whether there is anything to be gleamed from that is unlikely.

As Dave says, the bulk of the look is the rail. If you’re after the shorter variant the 9.3” from/by HAO is the one folks will likely recommend (myself included), just be sure to select the MWS barrel nut to make your life as easy as possible. Starting with the CQBR as your build base gives you the barrel length you’re shooting for.

After that it’s just completing the look with a replica SF four prong muzzle device, and then throwing whatever ‘tactical gubbins’ you want on the rail.

Edited by alxndrhll

13 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

NGRS Mk18 was early 2019, MWS Mk18 was late 2020. But as you say, whether there is anything to be gleamed from that is unlikely.

As Dave says, the bulk of the look is the rail. If you’re after the shorter variant the 9.3” from/by HAO is the one folks will likely recommend (myself included), just be sure to select the MWS barrel nut to make your life as easy as possible. Starting with the CQBR as your build base gives you the barrel length you’re shooting for.

After that it’s just completing the look with a replica SF four prong muzzle device, and then throwing whatever ‘tactical gubbins’ you want on the rail.

I was looking at those handguards, it’s literally out of stock everywhere, or simply I’m not able to Google it somehow.

9.3” and FDE colour is what I need.

About the barrel nut, do you use an adapter to fit the thing to the MWS or is it just machined right to fit to the MWS? Is there a common name for MWS barrel nut?

8 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Thanks Jim. Asked them couple of times from the online chat, but couldn't get an answer. Are they allowed to / do they ship to UK though (without UKARA number)?

Edited by werkzeug
forgot to put UKARA number clause

28 minutes ago, werkzeug said:

Thanks Jim. Asked them couple of times from the online chat, but couldn't get an answer. Are they allowed to / do they ship to UK though (without UKARA number)?

just parts ? Then yes no problems at all , I’ve ordered many times from HAO with no issues whatsoever , my last order was less than a couple of months ago :) 

the full conversion kits I’d perhaps include your defence details just in case .

On 10/05/2022 at 10:22, werkzeug said:

I was looking at those handguards, it’s literally out of stock everywhere, or simply I’m not able to Google it somehow.

9.3” and FDE colour is what I need.

About the barrel nut, do you use an adapter to fit the thing to the MWS or is it just machined right to fit to the MWS? Is there a common name for MWS barrel nut?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-93-inch---gen-2-version-desert-dirt-color

Angry Gun do one, I have the 13.5" version that's going on my upper build

20220505_133930.jpg