THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Here is my almost complete build using the Dytac F4 receiver & going for a Strike Industries theme. I admit that it has been a pain in the ass, however.

I need a different flat trigger, since this Vulcan one is genuinely too big for the trigger's hole in the lower to be pulled... Haven't tried it in a standard Marui lower - perhaps it will work with that. Maybe Dytac just made the hole smaller, or maybe Vulcan just don't test their products.

The Salient bolt got a nice scratch on the only part where there is text since the fit was stupidly tight in the Dytac upper 🤦‍♂️ Brilliant start. God knows how it will cycle when fired. Not sure why my camera made the bolt look so dirty and dull in the closer picture 🤔 

Strike industries body pins don't fit the Dytac receiver since the body pin holes are slightly smaller than a regular MWS (what a weird design choice?), so they're sitting in a box.

Strike industries dust cover doesn't close properly on the Dytac receiver, but still looks cool I suppose. Should have gotten the MWS specific one instead of a real one.

The paint on the Dytac receiver is absolute wank, so cerakote is a must if you plan to get one and want it to look nice. 

Didn't mean to get a red forward assist and mag release, but will soon paint them black.

On the plus side, Strike Industries stuff is of really nice build quality, definitely recommended, though Brownells UK is robbery 🤣

Haven't even gotten to fire the bloody thing yet since I still have no mag, but it looks cool at least!

If anyone has a flat trigger, preferably from a MTR, let me know 🤕 Still not sold on having a gold bolt either, but I do like the angular shape of the Salient one.

Also just realised the right side's anti rotation pin is out of place, oops.

In conclusion, Dytac made a nice receiver but also made some questionable design choices in terms of compatibility. Some aspects are for real steel, others for Marui stuff & some just straight up oddly sized (body pin holes).

20220420_213901.jpg

20220420_213623.jpg

20220420_222842.jpg

Edited by MILITATED

So I took the Valve out and figured I’d take 4cm off the bottom of the infill tube. That should leave a clear 2.5cm past the infill valve more than enough stop any liquid gas from accidentally flowing into the RIF itself. 

DA4F9774-8AE6-438D-94B9-60340099AD21.jpeg

I was gonna use my dremel and all the plethora of gubbins that come with it. Plus a black and decker workbench to hold the tube in place. I mean I have to justify all the power tools I have right? Lol

This might justify paying a mini plumber pipe cutter, you know 🙃

Remember to thoroughly clean the tube afterwards, don't want any particles getting blown through your nozzle/barrel.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Perfect, a mini plumber pipe cutter is ideal

None of my plumbing is mini in my humble opinion 😂😂

(oh lord I’ve just lowered the tone of this thread) 😂

1 hour ago, Argyld said:

This might justify paying a mini plumber pipe cutter, you know 🙃

Remember to thoroughly clean the tube afterwards, don't want any particles getting blown through your nozzle/barrel.

Absolutely agree I’ll ensure no nasties are in the tube before I put it all together. 

Talking of pipe cutters I’ve just found this at screwfix

https://www.screwfix.com/p/3-28mm-manual-multi-material-pipe-cutter/49428?tc=KT5&ds_kid=92700055262507126&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4cDSyden9wIVkb7tCh0pOwF-EAQYASABEgKoH_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Is there anything to note specifically when using this over green gas? May try it next winter.

1 hour ago, Khyber said:

Is there anything to note specifically when using this over green gas? May try it next winter.

I used it with an NPAS for anything but hot days. Then i will just use the blue can version instead. 
Propane > Airsoft Gas

image.png.76ad2ac224cc6854708ca317e00fec20.png

9 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Just stinky 🤢

image.thumb.png.3df140a8ba23c6bcd1d0e12c271dc19e.png

39 minutes ago, Groot said:

I used it with an NPAS for anything but hot days. Then i will just use the blue can version instead. 
Propane > Airsoft Gas

Thought it wouldn't be much different. I have an NPAS installed so all good there. I use zeroone gas which is made by abbey so silicone free. Uses UPL instead. So I'm used to dry gas and lubing my rubber 🤦‍♂️😂 

Edited by Khyber

Gents, 

I think this is a new one… I can’t find any references in the pages yet. 

I have a MWS Carbine and frankly I like it that way, old man, old school, happy days. However the quality of the Carbine hand guard and stock is crap! Creaky nasty wobbly nonsense. 

I assume because the Carbine is a cheap way to get In the platform and those parts are almost placeholders for the proper bits once modified. 

what I would appreciate help to understand  is; can anyone tell me where to get high quality bits that are a drop in fit but basically look the same? Is that a thing or am I misunderstanding something? 

or are Carbine hand guards and AR15 stocks just a bit nasty and creaky even on real steel?

Thanks in advance 

If you want to keep the plastic style, go for a real handguard, the old school ones from brownells are a drop in IIRC:

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15/M16/M4-SKINNY-STYLE-CARBINE-HANDGUARD-Skinny-M4-Carbine-Handguard-DOUBLE-STAR-Black-Polymer-Smooth-Drop-In-100004515

Same with stocks, go real spec. Though you may find a little wobble with certain styles, they won’t feel cheep or creaky.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Drum Roll time……..

So I lobbed off 3.5cm off the bottom of the flow tube. That easily left 3cm of tubing past the bottom of the in-fill brass valve. I managed to get 23g of gas into the mag (more than double what I was previously getting)… now comes the number of shots I got off… wait for it…..   158 shots!!! Yep! You read that right… One hundred and fifty bloody Eight! And there was still gas left in the mag. Although the last 10 shots were kinda meh! So I’d say easily 4 full mags with good power and then the last mag with diminishing power. I’ll have to set my chrono up tomorrow if I have time and see what the FPS consistency is like. One more important point to note. I was testing with 0.2g ASG devils. I’ll try 0.28’s tomorrow as that will be more representative of the weight I play with. 

Happy days ya’ all :) 

Edited by AlphaBear

Yup sounds about right, i used to run 3 loads through then re-gas to keep consistency and fps up.

Also do the ol' rotate your mags trick so they get to recover from cooldown

The mag was starting to get very cold on the third load so once that load was done I waited a few mins and power seemed to go up again. Of course it was the effects of the cool down coming into play there. 

Now to buy a Odin adapter for the MWS. Thumb plunging is so old Skool ;) 

56 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

The mag was starting to get very cold on the third load so once that load was done I waited a few mins and power seemed to go up again. Of course it was the effects of the cool down coming into play there. 

Now to buy a Odin adapter for the MWS. Thumb plunging is so old Skool ;) 

@AlphaBearforgot to mention about this when we were chatting...

20220423_153122.thumb.jpg.9fda78c1eab14ca17542102e18dfb624.jpg

Arrived earlier today and works like a charm 👌

Use "JAG_AIRSOFT" for 10% off 

4 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

@AlphaBearforgot to mention about this when we were chatting...

20220423_153122.thumb.jpg.9fda78c1eab14ca17542102e18dfb624.jpg

Arrived earlier today and works like a charm 👌

Use "JAG_AIRSOFT" for 10% off 

Awesome dude. That’s the one I was thinking off. I’ll get one of those ordered. Cheers. 

Replaced the gas router on one of my mags, I bought them second hand 3 years ago and they had been well used so probably due replacement. I chronographed the gun before (263-267fps) on ASG Ultrair and 0.30g

Once the gas router was replaced I tested it again…now 299-305fps! Turned down the NPAS and all is good again. It is definitely snappier and more recoil, I guess it is all going into moving the bolt and not leaking around the nozzle.

The other 6 replacements from FireSupport will be here on Monday so I guess that is a couple of evenings next week sorted 😁

Mag now marked up so I keep track of which I have done!

2D47DAF0-9B39-4FA6-A94C-92EBD0521014.jpeg

9 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Replaced the gas router on one of my mags, I bought them second hand 3 years ago and they had been well used so probably due replacement. I chronographed the gun before (263-267fps) on ASG Ultrair and 0.30g

Once the gas router was replaced I tested it again…now 299-305fps! Turned down the NPAS and all is good again. It is definitely snappier and more recoil, I guess it is all going into moving the bolt and not leaking around the nozzle.

The other 6 replacements from FireSupport will be here on Monday so I guess that is a couple of evenings next week sorted 😁

Mag now marked up so I keep track of which I have done!

2D47DAF0-9B39-4FA6-A94C-92EBD0521014.jpeg

Just out of curiosity which brand of gas routers did you buy? 

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Just out of curiosity which brand of gas routers did you buy? 

Guarder