THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

When comparing weight of gas from one person to the next remember scales are all slightly different amongst many other variables, the best thing to go off is shots per fill, then just be consistent in filling/gas weight of your mags.

Different can nozzles and fill valves can really change gas take on

I've noticed that my we mags fill with no spewing but tm mags are leaking gas like crazy.

17 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I've noticed that my we mags fill with no spewing but tm mags are leaking gas like crazy.

Seriously 😒 

I swear airsoft is a perpetual loop of power, barrel length and fill valve types

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Seriously 😒 

I swear airsoft is a perpetual loop of power, barrel length and fill valve types

In my best Yoda voice. Judge me by the size of my fill valve do you? 😂😂😂

Seriously though I’m getting about 65-70 shots off before the bolt stops cycling. 

Edited by AlphaBear

18 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Thinking of doing the green gas mod to my Gen 2 mags. At the moment a stock Gen 2 takes about 10g to 13g of gas according to my measurements. That’s enough for about circa 65 rounds. Pretty poor in the big scheme of things. And remember the FPS will diminish with each pull of the trigger. So the more kid who’s has you have the better the FPS consistency should be. Well that’s the theory.  Now my understanding, correct me if I’m wrong is that the options we have are either removing the the ‘grey metal’ fill tube completely (probably difficult in a Gen 2 as I hear it’s glued now) or chopping the fill tube as close to the brass nozzle valve or cutting it a certain length so that there is a gas reservoir left so the overfill valve can function correctly. Personally I’m thinking of leaving the fill tube so it’s the same length as the inner valve so I think that about 3-4cm. Thoughts appreciated gentlemen. 

Why?

I carry enough mags (6) during a game so that you not have to refill BBs. I don't play milsim types of game. Games might take 1-2 hours. Running around with a rattling speed-loader isn't fun.

To get to your actual question, cut the tube, do not remove it. Cut it in such a way that it is still a little longer than the actual fill valve.

As I understood it, the tube is there so that a certain space remains which is not filled with gas. Gas can than expand from liquid to gas form in this space, preventing getting liquid gas into your system.

The empty space should also help with shot consistency, as the gas expands in the mag and not in the nozzle or barrel.

I usually leave the tube 10mm longer than the valve itself.

As @Argyldsaid, you don’t want liquid getting up into the gun.

This is a risk if the mag gets shaken a lot or you shoot up, this is why TM put the fill tube that long - for minimum faults

I've thought about the GG mod for my mags a few times, but, as @AlphaBearknows, I dont really see the need.

Don't get me wrong, I know why people do it, and it's understandable. Given the way I play however, with six mags and a tremendous habit of getting shot frequently, I can always refill gas and bomb up in the dead zone. 

As long as I can comfortably clear the mag each time, I'm happy. 

@Davegolf  Yup that’s what I was thinking too. Leaving the tube longer than the valve. It was the length I was more interested to know what people have done.  

@Argyld I run 6 mags too and it’s normal woodland games I participate in too at engagement distances of 40m plus. I am more conservative when I use the MWS but of course there have been times when I have used up all 6 mags and I’m forced to reload mid game. Carrying a Marui XL speed loader ain’t too bad. Plus I’d rather carry extra  bbs then a can of gas around the field. 

Hey, bit of advice please. I’ve owned my MWS for years now and have always used Coleman’s propane with an adapter. I had run out so bought some WE green gas on site over the weekend. I couldn’t for the life of me get the mags to accept more 10 shots worth of gas it just spewed out? Anyone have any ideas as to why

11 minutes ago, AngryDad223 said:

Hey, bit of advice please. I’ve owned my MWS for years now and have always used Coleman’s propane with an adapter. I had run out so bought some WE green gas on site over the weekend. I couldn’t for the life of me get the mags to accept more 10 shots worth of gas it just spewed out? Anyone have any ideas as to why

From what I understand, if the can has a metal nozzle, it doesn't fit the fill valve in the mag as well.

You could try the fill and tilt method.

13 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

From what I understand, if the can has a metal nozzle, it doesn't fit the fill valve in the mag as well.

You could try the fill and tilt method.

The WE can has a plastic nozzle, my propane adapter on the other hand has a metal nozzle and fills fine 

what’s the fill and tilt method? No matter what angle, duration etc it just doesn’t accept gas with the WE can 

8 minutes ago, AngryDad223 said:

The WE can has a plastic nozzle, my propane adapter on the other hand has a metal nozzle and fills fine 

what’s the fill and tilt method? No matter what angle, duration etc it just doesn’t accept gas with the WE can 

The fill valve is installed at a slight angle, when the bottom of the mag is straight, the valve is not.

Tilt the mag slightly, till the valve is upright (have a closer look at the fill valve, you will see), then you can get some more gas in.

But I don't think that will solve your problem, only 10 shots without tilt, seems too low.

If you never tilted your mag when filling with propane and it worked fine, it is the WE gas (can).

What type is the WE gas (green gas, red gas) or what PSI does it have. What was the temperature when you were playing.

Week gas with (very) low temperature, might explain it.

Thanks, 

I was at the right angle as I have to do that with my adapter

I’m gonna assume it’s just the can? WE Green 2x gas. It’s was 20 degrees C so warm enough. 

It’s more the gas in that no matter what angle, pressure etc it just spits out the side freezing up around the fill valve.

Not the best idea. The oring blocks a small hole which vents air from the mag.

If there is air in the mag, it can escape via this hole, making place for gas. When gas spews out of this hole, it means your mag is full.

If you block this hole with an oring, air cannot escape, reducing gas capacity or you have to manually vent the mag.

I know we Airsofters are used to tinkering with our RIFs, especially AEGs, but in this case TM put quite a lot of thought in every detail, and if something is as it is, there is a very good reason for it.

2 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

It’s more the gas in that no matter what angle, pressure etc it just spits out the side freezing up around the fill valve.

Have a look at Ollie talks Airsoft YT-Channel, he has at least one vid on how to fill a mag correctly.

Not saying you are doing it wrong 😉, but with the vid you can compare it to your spitting problem.

If it looks the same, it is normal, just means the mag is full of gas, any excess is vented out.

(Not sure why you wouldn't have this with propane though)

2 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

As @Argyldsaid, look for the video on Ollie Talks Airsoft's channel.

Does sound like the can is tits though

I’d totally vent all the mags and stick abbey maintenance into the mags and leave for a few days. 10 shots is totally bonkers. Something is amiss is an understatement. If the Abbey maintenance doesn’t work then there is a fault with your fill valves. But I’d try something like abbey predator first being a stronger gas. If that fails then take the flow valve out and apply some maintenance to it or replace it. Not sure if it’s a hard to come by item but knowing Marui it may well be. 

As  @C-Diddy  put it eloquently your WE gas can maybe be tits 😂

Talking of gasses has anyone tried the ultra air gas that patrol base sells? It’s always on offer at 2 cans for like £11’ish. 

Edited by AlphaBear

I'm currently using Zero One Pro Gas (which is manufactured by Abbey but cheaper) but may be tempted by UltraAir once I've finished these 12 cans.

Fire Support is usually fairly cheap for it too.

4 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

I had a problem on the weekend where a handful of mags were only getting around 10 shots out as well. Turns out the Coleman propane was almost empty and not providing as much gas into the mag as I thought it was. It sounded like it was filling, but obviously not haha. Changed to a new can and wham, back to full clearing mags and not the sad degradation of a depleting mag. Perhaps the WE gas is too weak or just kaput? 

On 19/04/2022 at 12:50, AlphaBear said:

Talking of gasses has anyone tried the ultra air gas that patrol base sells? It’s always on offer at 2 cans for like £11’ish. 

Been using it for 2+ years (thanks to the perpetual sale from PB!) and it runs great! Able to fill mags no problem (10-12s) and get ~100 shots from them (cary a speed loader for intense games!)

3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Been using it for 2+ years (thanks to the perpetual sale from PB!) and it runs great! Able to fill mags no problem (10-12s) and get ~100 shots from them (cary a speed loader for intense games!)

@SSPKali  Are you mags standard or have you done the green gas mod?

Edited by AlphaBear

24 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

@SSPKali  Are you mags standard or have you done the green gas mod?

They were GG modded by previous owner. I am careful not to over fill as I know a gas expansion area is needed :)

53 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

They were GG modded by previous owner. I am careful not to over fill as I know a gas expansion area is needed :)

Gotcha....that explains to 10-12s fill and no more.... 

I will mod one and test it and once I'm happy I'll do the other five .... however I will leave at least 2cm of the fill tube past the end of the fill valve so that I can still safely have the the expansion area for the gas....