THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

27 minutes ago, Sylithics said:

Hey guys 

Playing about with my Mws and was wondering what is still the best bucking and nub combo? Guessing it’s still the metal nub and something? Don’t think I’ll get a metal nub as haven’t heard back for a while. Was using  a ml mr hop silicone and omega nub for plinking in the back garden but the consistency sucked.. went back to stock nub and used 3’s and it’s brilliant. First game on Sunday can’t wait 😎

Use the Dave's Super nub and the stock bucking.

In this video I was using the AA nub and stock bucking and have since switched to the metal Dave's nub, and its more consistent.

Using heavy BB's will help you see the best gain in accuracy.

1 hour ago, shrwd said:

Do we have any idea when Dave is having a restock of his mws parts?

I had a message not long ago saying  a couple of weeks hopefully. Genuine reason for delay. 

2 hours ago, Khyber said:

I had a message not long ago saying  a couple of weeks hopefully. Genuine reason for delay. 

Thanks! I presume it'll be posted in here when they're available..

My mws in its current form.

G&P npas

Summer buffer spring

Pts buffer

G&P buffer tube

Daves nub

That's it for internals, I've tried so many others and it's all crap, just leave it as close to stock as possible.

AG v2 11inch URGI rail.

steel outer barrel, cant remember the make.

geiselle gas block.

b5 systems bravo stock.

b5 systems grip( pictured with a bcm).

g&p steel forward assist, mag release etc. 

AG b2 maritime bolt release

AG mini socom and 4 prong flash.

Bcm handstop.

Surefire, ngal, unity mount and eotech to finish. Ferro concepts sling and swivels and probably other crap I've forgotten.

Running on propane or mapp gas depending on temps. 

20220324_174440.jpg

Hello. I have a question. I left the gun cocked for the night (forgot to drop the hammer). Should this have any influence in performance? I know that RS guns can be kept cocked all the time, but there the hammer needs the force only to make the round go off, so I assume in GBBR's it may be different since more depends on the spring strength ? I'd like to know how it is. Cheers

Hello all - just became the proud owner of an MTR16 - all stock aside from the Laylax strike hop arm, which was easily hopping .4s when I skirmished it yesterday.

I would like to swap out the rail to a shorter one - I bought the gun used and the previous owner had taken the rail off before, so the hard bit is done (heat gun to the melt the glue on the gas block etc). I took it apart to install the new hop arm and it was a breeze.

So on to my question - can anyone recommend a cheap-ish 12-14" (MLOK or MK18 style preferred) handguard and outer barrel that will fit without any machining? Budget would be £200ish for it all if possible. I have read that I will also need a delta ring?

I have seen a few outer barrels on Fire Support, but would like to confirm what exactly will fit before buying it

14 hours ago, blazin23 said:

Hello all - just became the proud owner of an MTR16 - all stock aside from the Laylax strike hop arm, which was easily hopping .4s when I skirmished it yesterday.

I would like to swap out the rail to a shorter one - I bought the gun used and the previous owner had taken the rail off before, so the hard bit is done (heat gun to the melt the glue on the gas block etc). I took it apart to install the new hop arm and it was a breeze.

So on to my question - can anyone recommend a cheap-ish 12-14" (MLOK or MK18 style preferred) handguard and outer barrel that will fit without any machining? Budget would be £200ish for it all if possible. I have read that I will also need a delta ring?

I have seen a few outer barrels on Fire Support, but would like to confirm what exactly will fit before buying it

Okay so after a few more hours googling I have settled on the following:

This - https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/5998/s/laylax-f-factory-m4-mws-outer-barrel-base-for-m4-gas-machine-gun-series/ and some outer barrel extensions would be the most modular so I could decide what length to run

Or this https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dytac-mil-spec-145-carbine-outer-barrel-for-marui-mws-gbb-m4--clones-black

And if I use either or those 2 outer barrels, then I don't need any other kind of spacer or adapter for a normal AEG m4 rail to fit?

G'day all....

The pink Gun Sav is back in stock at the usual place for anyone needing it... get your rubber all lubed up fellas :D

19 hours ago, blazin23 said:

The Madbull MK18 rails work fine. All you need will be a few shims and you're good to good.. No wobble, no machining!

On 26/03/2022 at 20:46, quango2k said:

My mws in its current form.

Running on propane or mapp gas depending on temps. 

That's one thing I haven't tried yet... I just seem to stick with Abbey at the moment. I assume propane during the colder months and Mapp for the other months? Also which propane adapter are you using and I assume you stick a wee bit of lube in with each fill?

9 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

That's one thing I haven't tried yet... I just seem to stick with Abbey at the moment. I assume propane during the colder months and Mapp for the other months? Also which propane adapter are you using and I assume you stick a wee bit of lube in with each fill?

Nope, propane for everything above 10 degrees, mapp below as it's better in the cold.

I use the airsoft innovations one but they seem hard to get hold of right now. And a nope for putting lube in at all. I just run them empty at the end of the day, then put a square of Abbey Green/maintenance gas in for storage. Works just fine.

Propane as well, just use it straight from the can as it was noted its better to do that so you dont get silicone oil all over the internals. I just leave my mags in with dry propane if Im gonna game it again the next week and then use a separate can with oil in it for maintenance/storage purposes to keep it pressurized.

6 hours ago, Snippy said:

Hm I cant find this Wurth Dry Chain lube in Canada, however would cycling dry lube do the job as well? Otherwise I might just stick with thick synthetic grease lol

I used to use Wurth dry chain lube but I found in the colder months it became to sticky and slowed the bolt catch down causing it to fail. I only use it in hot dry conditions now and use Parker Hale gun oil on metal to metal contacts 

On 28/03/2022 at 14:05, AlphaBear said:

The Madbull MK18 rails work fine. All you need will be a few shims and you're good to good.. No wobble, no machining!

Perfect thanks, I went with the Laylax short (4") outer barrel base and some outer barrel extensions. And got the Madbull 9.5" MK18 rail all coming tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes together okay!

Probably asked many times before, pardon me for asking it again.

I've bought my TM MWS today (yay), and considering using Nuprol 2.0 Green Gas with it. I encountered a couple of places where TM is strictly suggesting to use 134a (probably it's Nuprol 1.0 - never used it before). The gun will be stock initially, do you think I should do any upgrades at least in the near future to save the life of the gun? Better, do you have any green gas brand/product suggestions to use with it?

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 hours ago, werkzeug said:

Probably asked many times before, pardon me for asking it again.

I've bought my TM MWS today (yay), and considering using Nuprol 2.0 Green Gas with it. I encountered a couple of places where TM is strictly suggesting to use 134a (probably it's Nuprol 1.0 - never used it before). The gun will be stock initially, do you think I should do any upgrades at least in the near future to save the life of the gun? Better, do you have any green gas brand/product suggestions to use with it?

The majority of people I know are running it with either green gas or propane, Including myself. I've used both WE 2X premium high performance gas and Nuprol 1,0 with no problems at all. They performed pretty good in cold weather too. If you're concerned about longevity you could replace your stock buffer with a G&P Aluminium buffer for additional reinforcement but anything after that is not really essential in regard to the internals IMO. You might be interested in a sixG super nub which will help you lift bbs higher than .28s and improve your accuracy. Beyond that, there honestly isn't much you'll need to change about the internals; the externals on the other hand....

Oh and I recommend watching this guy's video's he'll teach you practically everything you need to know about the platform.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OllieTalksAirsoft/videos

Edited by Mr. No_Face

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

The majority of people I know are running it with either green gas or propane, Including myself. I've used both WE 2X premium high performance gas and Nuprol 1,0 with no problems at all. They performed pretty good in cold weather too. If you're concerned about longevity you could replace your stock buffer with a G&P Aluminium buffer for additional reinforcement but anything after that is not really essential in regard to the internals IMO. You might be interested in a sixG super nub which will help you lift bbs higher than .28s and improve your accuracy. Beyond that, there honestly isn't much you'll need to change about the internals; the externals on the other hand....

Oh and I recommend watching this guy's video's he'll teach you practically everything you need to know about the platform.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OllieTalksAirsoft/videos

Thanks for your detailed reply. That guy is an absolutely gold mine, looks like I'm gonna spend a lot of my time watching his mods. 

The buffer upgrade is definitely popular amongst users, I heard it multiple times today. I suppose I'll sleep on it for a while, let's get used to the baby first.

Not if you are doing solid 8hr game days, yes if youre just plinking.

Its just the BCG not all your mags 😂

The piston seal will dry up and you'll get a bolt that wont cycle fully.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Not if you are doing solid 8hr game days, yes if youre just plinking.

Its just the BCG not all your mags 😂

The piston seal will dry up and you'll get a bolt that wont cycle fully.

I’m just wondering how many o rings the MWS has again? Excluding the ones in the mag. From memory i believe  there are two right? One around the hop unit. One in the bcg which sometimes gets stuck in the back of the bolt. There may be some (2) associated with the inner barrel (muzzle hider) and one towards the hop chamber  but I can’t recall as it’s been months since I took the barrel out.