THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I used both the stock TM barrel 50d and a Prommy MWS barrel 60d, the latter in a DMR setup @ 430fps.

I generally do not like Maple products, but was impressed with the MR + SuperNub combo, but it wouldn’t surprise me if you get ‘lemon’ Maple buckings.

Did you check for any moulding flaws and give a good fairy liquid scrub?

15 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I used both the stock TM barrel 50d and a Prommy MWS barrel 60d, the latter in a DMR setup @ 430fps.

I generally do not like Maple products, but was impressed with the MR + SuperNub combo, but it wouldn’t surprise me if you get ‘lemon’ Maple buckings.

Supernub ....SiX Gbrass ?

On 10/01/2022 at 14:43, Davegolf said:

Do you use the metal C clip?

I'll double check it, but it seemed fine when I inspected it. Cheap enough to justify another order for a 60D as I am using mine in a DMR.

EDIT: Removed the C clip, gave it a shot- much more consistent. I still get the odd flier, but that may just be because I haven't bedded it in yet.

Edited by scar527
Remove C clip for best results

On 09/01/2022 at 21:28, scar527 said:

Since people are talking about upgrades, I have to report that my hao industries bolt that I had set up for ultralight use actually works worse that the stock bolt in the cold. Like way worse 😂

Now I'm back to my only upgrades being Daves nub and HSB, a 150% spring, and a laylax 370mm inner barrel and the thing just works even in the cold. Occasionally I'll use a different rocket valve for DMR purposes but the more stock the better it would seem.

I am curious, how many people rate the tan modify bucking? I've heard they have QC issues as of late, and I'm going to run the stock marui until I can't anymore but its good to have options in the bin for when the time comes.

I’m still using the Modify X blue bucking, and getting good results with DN (Daves Nub), Laylax 370/6.03, black NPAS, black gas, standard TM mags. 

On 10/01/2022 at 09:01, marine said:

Hi !

1. 0.32g Specna Arms EDGE bio

2. Yes

3. 10 shots per mag

I see that VORSK gas it´s very unstable but you can see that max and min are better with T8 gas route

10 shots per mag?  That’s terrible, I’m getting about 100.

14 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I’m still using the Modify X blue bucking, and getting good results with DN (Daves Nub), Laylax 370/6.03, black NPAS, black gas, standard TM mags. 

I'm sorry, I meant to take 10 shots per magazine in the test

33 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

I'm still not clear on what you mean?

He fired 10 shots from the magazine to give an average reading. Not that he only managed 10 shots from a fill of gas!

So I bought the 9.5" Madbull Daniel Defense rail for my mws. After tightening the barrel nut, I've found there's a very small amount of wobble on the outer barrel. I've ordered the Madbull barrel nut washer set.... is this right? Seems strange that the rail didn't come with some anyway.

11 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

So I bought the 9.5" Madbull Daniel Defense rail for my mws. After tightening the barrel nut, I've found there's a very small amount of wobble on the outer barrel. I've ordered the Madbull barrel nut washer set.... is this right? Seems strange that the rail didn't come with some anyway.

I think that, or any barrel shim set should solve the issue. 

I have a G&P MK18 rail that I haven't fitted yet, but the bloke I bought it from was kind enough to include a few shims. 

I'm right there with you. Reasonably comfortable on the MWS but no way will I touch my NGRS 😂

Hey, do your rifles have movement between reveivers in parallel line? Mine was stiff at the beginning but now upper r. moves a bit against lower from left to right at the end (where back td pin is). Idk what caused that. Is it normal wear after time? (i'm talking about movement from left to right, not axial which i heard is normal after time)

Edited by airfish

13 minutes ago, airfish said:

Hey, do your rifles have movement between reveivers in parallel line? Mine was stiff at the beginning but now upper r. moves a bit against lower from left to right at the end (where back td pin is). Idk what caused that. Is it normal wear after time? (i'm talking about movement from left to right, not axial which i heard is normal after time)

It’s normal. They all do it.. Font to back. And side to side. Don’t stress. 

3 hours ago, airfish said:

Thanks for reply. Its a relief what you say 😀 However i think it won't be difficult to fix it, just glue a layer of black soda can on this  nodule with hole that the pin goes through and it should be fine

I put 4 layers of tiny gaffer tape squares on the bottom of the pin nub on the upper receiver. No side to side or up and down play. There is a slim gap between receivers but not noticeable from 3ft.

On 15/01/2022 at 10:50, C-Diddy said:

I'm right there with you. Reasonably comfortable on the MWS but no way will I touch my NGRS 😂

That's why the good techs are always busy. I'm the same - I would change rails and body parts all day. Start fiddling with little springs and stuff and it's off to a tech.

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

That's why the good techs are always busy. I'm the same - I would change rails and body parts all day. Start fiddling with little springs and stuff and it's off to a tech.

I fitted the SixG nub and had to replace the nozzle return spring and the hop clicker spring. Didn't enjoy it 😆 Just had my NGRS back from KOA and no way I would have attempted that...although I did replace the inner barrel and hop rubber without fuss. It's just not for me.

On 16/01/2022 at 20:26, SSPKali said:

I put 4 layers of tiny gaffer tape squares on the bottom of the pin nub on the upper receiver. No side to side or up and down play. There is a slim gap between receivers but not noticeable from 3ft.

That sounds like a good idea too. I always like to improve things myself :)

On 12/01/2022 at 15:20, Captain Darling said:

Which black npas are you using? RA Tech or...?

New GunsModify PMAGs just dropped!

Anyone fancy being the AFUK guinea pig? I already wasted a fortune on the Ace1Arms/SAA and G&P offerings...