THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

8 minutes ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy great that's just the answer I was after. I intend on getting the SixG nub as first upgrade. I figured there might be a few things that will undoubtedly need replacing from wear and tear etc.. like springs and nozzle. But good to hear stock internals do seem to hold up to higher powered gas. Thanks for the info dude :) getting me more excited to receive it.. only thing I am not looking forward to is getting the hand guard off the mk18 for the first time to fit the hop up nub and to replace buckings in the future after reading that they have excessive amounts of thread lock applied. Watched the eagle six video on removing it and it was painful. Needs a hell of a lot of heat.

I very nearly went for the MK18 myself, but after chatting to a few folk in this thread, went for the CQB-R instead, purely for the nause that handguard looks to remove. Have you ordered the barrel nut tool?

I've got a G&P MK18 rail, which looks class, and a Geissele MK16 rail from HAO, which is on at the moment. The third party support for the MWS is huge, which is great as you don't need to be a slave to one look...just your bank balance. 

Hit up @Davegolffor the brass nub, but the MWS is great as is, so don't worry if you have to wait a while for one. Just make sure you use decent ammo, get some spare mags if you can, and if you haven't got one already, a TM XL speed-loader is recommended as mags can be a bitch to load at first. Oh, and don't skimp on a sling. Ferro Slingster, Blue Force Gear VCAS, Magpul and the like are where you want to be, not 8 Fields or Viper! 

@C-Diddy its not yet ordered. Got the cash just awaiting my UKARA number now. I want the look of the MK18 as I don't like the idea of not being able to remove the front triangle sight, I did consider getting the cqbr and adding the mk18 Daniel Defense rail but then figured it's just unnecessary extra cost. But then the MK18 seems like they don't want you getting the rail off. I will get a barrel nut tool same time I get the SixG nub. I am getting 3 extra mags at the same time as the rif to get me going. Thanks for advice on the slings. Not sure if I want 1 or 2 point yet. May have to ask to borrow at the field to get a feel for both variations. 

Edited by Khyber

12 minutes ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy its not yet ordered. Got the cash just awaiting my UKARA number now. I want the look of the MK18 as I don't like the idea of bot being able to remove to front triangle sight, I did consider getting the cqbr and adding the mk18 Daniel Defense rail but then figured it's just unnecessary extra cost. But then the MK18 seems like they don't want you getting the rail off. I will get a barrel nut tool same time I get the SixG nub. I am getting 3 extra mags at the same time as the rif to get me going. Thanks for advice on the slings. Not sure if I want 1 or 2 point yet. May have to ask to borrow at the field to get a feel for both variations. 

Sensible to wait. And three extra mags? Do I smell a Fire Support deal? That's where I got mine from...with the three extra mags.

And don't worry about getting the front sight off. They come off just fine.

20210927_185645.thumb.jpg.f8f590e04d288cea9f93eab49ce3db3e.jpg20210927_185917.thumb.jpg.0ce9a1db25a682b2dd8e4f2d02b1d31b.jpg

I'd always advise a two-point sling as they're more versatile. Much easier to sling your weapon on your back or get it tight to your body. They also won't nail you in the nuts if you drop your rifle to go to your pistol! That's just my opinion though and it depend on your playing style. Something like the Magpul MS3 sling can switch from a two point to a one point, so that may be an option? 

100%. I use a Slingster with my MWS and a padded BFG VCAS on my NGRS. No way I'm trusting over a grands worth of pew to a £10 sling. Use good hardware with slings too. 

First time out tomorrow with the MWS eh @MAX DICKER? Your face is going to hurt from all the grinning you'll be doing after each trigger pull 😂 

26 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

First time out tomorrow with the MWS eh @MAX DICKER? Your face is going to hurt from all the grinning you'll be doing after each trigger pull 😂 

Nah, had it about 12 Months completely stock, only recently I've gone a bit bananas accessorising it.

Always puts a big grin on my face though. 2 of my friends have bought MWS's after trying mine lol

They have that effect! And just when you think you've done accessorising, you see someone else's build and think 🤔 "that'd look good on mine"

9 hours ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy its not yet ordered. Got the cash just awaiting my UKARA number now. I want the look of the MK18 as I don't like the idea of not being able to remove the front triangle sight, I did consider getting the cqbr and adding the mk18 Daniel Defense rail but then figured it's just unnecessary extra cost. But then the MK18 seems like they don't want you getting the rail off. I will get a barrel nut tool same time I get the SixG nub. I am getting 3 extra mags at the same time as the rif to get me going. Thanks for advice on the slings. Not sure if I want 1 or 2 point yet. May have to ask to borrow at the field to get a feel for both variations. 

Definitely a 2 point, so versatile and easy to drive the gun.

If you haven’t already the the Ronin Tactics vids are great.

Ive always been a fan of ‘high ready’ and the 2 point makes it even better than when I used to run single point.

20 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

MWS is buggered

How buggered? Have you tried gaffer tape or zipties?!

41 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

How buggered? Have you tried gaffer tape or zipties?!

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

You didn’t use Nuprol RZR bbs did you by any chance 😱

False alarm, she was just dirty and dry lol, my bad for being lazy

1 hour ago, MAX DICKER said:

False alarm, she was just dirty and dry lol, my bad for being lazy

I knew a girl like that once

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

You didn’t use Nuprol RZR bbs did you by any chance 😱

Let it go man 🤣

Since people are talking about upgrades, I have to report that my hao industries bolt that I had set up for ultralight use actually works worse that the stock bolt in the cold. Like way worse 😂

Now I'm back to my only upgrades being Daves nub and HSB, a 150% spring, and a laylax 370mm inner barrel and the thing just works even in the cold. Occasionally I'll use a different rocket valve for DMR purposes but the more stock the better it would seem.

I am curious, how many people rate the tan modify bucking? I've heard they have QC issues as of late, and I'm going to run the stock marui until I can't anymore but its good to have options in the bin for when the time comes.

The Tan Modify buckings even years back when the QC was better, they still didn’t live long.

The Maple MR works well but needs modification to fit the MWS hop unit.

You will find that there have been a lot of discussions about gas routers somewhere in this thread with varying degrees of success. Nevertheless your results are interesting and it's always good to see how new gases like Vorsk perform. A few questions from my side and no doubt you'll get a lot more from others too..

1. What bb weight and brand were you using?

2. Have you done the green gas mod with your mags?

3. How many shots did you fire until the mags ran out of gas. I assume the Marui router performed better in this respect.

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

You will find that there have been a lot of discussions about gas routers somewhere in this thread with varying degrees of success. Nevertheless your results are interesting and it's always good to see how new gases like Vorsk perform. A few questions from my side and no doubt you'll get a lot more from others too..

1. What bb weight and brand were you using?

2. Have you done the green gas mod with your mags?

3. How many shots did you fire until the mags ran out of gas. I assume the Marui router performed better in this respect.

Hi !

1. 0.32g Specna Arms EDGE bio

2. Yes

3. 10 shots per mag

I see that VORSK gas it´s very unstable but you can see that max and min are better with T8 gas route

10 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Actually the min max difference is the same 17-18 fps ;)

Only thing to watchout for with some gas routes is that they do not force the nozzle up.

Ollie talks Airsoft encountered that very problem with the Guarder ones:

4 hours ago, Panama said:

Ollie talks Airsoft encountered that very problem with the Guarder ones:

yes, good note.

When installing it I make sure that it is not forced and that the bbs push guide does not rub excessively. It is more in the T8 nozzle I had to sand the guide because it already rubbed with the TM OEM gas routes

20 hours ago, Davegolf said:

The Tan Modify buckings even years back when the QC was better, they still didn’t live long.

The Maple MR works well but needs modification to fit the MWS hop unit.

So I tried this with my laylax barrel and it gave abysmal results- even after adjusting the side fin to fit in the hop unit. Do you have to use with one of their barrels?