THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 27/12/2021 at 15:59, Davegolf said:

^this

As far as the trigger box goes I think it’s pretty good, definitely reliable above all else, but to make it work nice you really do have to work through a good 10,000 shots to allow all the parts in the trigger mech time to work harden.

Only then is it really worth stripping it down, de’burring and radiusing all edges, reassemble with real gun oil and you’ll find you then have a consistent wall, break and reset.

There will still be a small amount of creep but on the whole it is very satisfying to operate from that day forward 😊

10,000 shots seems like a life time with a MWS :P

I've only shot about 1000 rounds through mine in the whole of 2021 ;)

And it's all stock save Dave's brass nub and HSB...

For those who cannot find a lightweight BCG, I recently picked up the HAO industries ecoline BCG. Initially it was only 40 grams lighter than the stock bolt, but then I swapped the BCG weight with the marui and I have a complete BCG that weighs 125 grams...Works like a champ.

On the note of upgrades, really just a 150% nozzle spring and Dave's nub is all you need. I am using a lightweight bolt for colder weather/DMR shot tracking purposes. Choose inner barrel to match velocity requirements and go...I easily have over 10K rounds through mine and I have had it for 8 months or so, I shoot it nearly every day. Love it to pieces!

On 17/12/2021 at 21:09, vagabond said:

hi guys. just looking on some upgrades for my mws. does anyone have any info on the G&P roller bolt. is it worth it? thx

I’m gonna defend this item. It is far from needed but it made my alu bolt slightly snappier and gave the rifle a very satisfying sound. A sort of metallic rattle. 

But for the new club members. 
# HSB buffer 

# mod the nub or buy the sixgun nub

# actually bring the rifle to a skirmish!!!

I used my mws between Christmas and new year, 8degrees with asg green gas and .32 bbs

mods 

tan modify bucking

hsb buffer

sixg brass nub

out ranged most things on site, two full mags from each gas fill.

(no full auto though)

Very happy bunny

arp 9 users with drum mags are louder and provide a challenge to engage against but each hit is so rewarding

carrying 5 mags means a realistic 300 rounds before  regassing, based on my experience last week that is one full auto burst for some

22 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I used my mws between Christmas and new year, 8degrees with asg green gas and .32 bbs

mods 

tan modify bucking

hsb buffer

sixg brass nub

out ranged most things on site, two full mags from each gas fill.

(no full auto though)

Very happy bunny

arp 9 users with drum mags are louder and provide a challenge to engage against but each hit is so rewarding

carrying 5 mags means a realistic 300 rounds before  regassing, based on my experience last week that is one full auto burst for some

What do you do to keep your mags warm in game? I've noticed that my gun runs fine in cold but if the mags sit out for a while it it cycles slower, even on the light bolt- after leaving the mags in a warm pocket for ten minutes or so its back to normal.

Running propane in 50 degrees F. 

4 hours ago, medellin said:

Anyone used the G&P Upper with the quick removable hop up? Thoughts? 

Adding the link for anyone who didn't see this on Discord:

4 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Chest rig and keep moving. Free mag heating from the warmth emanating from within, powered by the smugness of knowing I have the superior airsoft system with which to play a glorified children’s game of hide and seek.

You mean you weren’t carrying a thermos flask of Yorkshire tea around with you during the skirmish and having a sip between each ‘kill’ lol

Hey airsofters. So with a TM MK18 on it's way soon. I was wondering roughly how many mag fills a standard 700ml can of gas gets you? Want to make sure I buy enough for a few sessions. Thanks :)

6 hours ago, Khyber said:

Hey airsofters. So with a TM MK18 on it's way soon. I was wondering roughly how many mag fills a standard 700ml can of gas gets you? Want to make sure I buy enough for a few sessions. Thanks :)

I have never counted but have never used a full can in even the longest game day! I guess weighing a mag before and after filling / weighing a full and empty can of gas would allow you to work it out.

As I get ~100 shots from one gas fill of 10-12s I simply charge at the start of the day then top off at lunch. Make sure you fill them with 1-2s blast then wait then another 1-2s, repeat until full. 

8 hours ago, Khyber said:

Just buy what's technically known as, a shit-ton of gas. It'll get used.

1 hour ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy @SSPKali Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll just grab a shit ton of it to be sure. 😂

Bulk buy if you can. More cost effective. Fire Support are decent on ASG UltraAir but they are smaller cans. Zero One Pro gas is around £40 for six 700ml cans and is basically Abbey Predator Ultra gas. 

Thanks. I like the idea of the abbey gas as they don't use silicone oil as a lubricant. They use a proper lubricant that remains suspended within the gas. I am aware that if using abbey I would still need to regularly apply silicone oil to any o-rings and seals etc. Any idea if the zero one gas has that same lubricant as abbey? 

52 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Thanks. I like the idea of the abbey gas as they don't use silicone oil as a lubricant. They use a proper lubricant that remains suspended within the gas. I am aware that if using abbey I would still need to regularly apply silicone oil to any o-rings and seals etc. Any idea if the zero one gas has that same lubricant as abbey? 

Not sure if it's the same but here are a couple of phots of the label

20220108_123237.thumb.jpg.ab636657b65d42918d5c1068c2b912e8.jpg20220108_123251.thumb.jpg.770e3b3e40d254e12117b871f9b6582a.jpg

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

Bulk buy if you can. More cost effective. Fire Support are decent on ASG UltraAir but they are smaller cans. Zero One Pro gas is around £40 for six 700ml cans and is basically Abbey Predator Ultra gas. 

Patrolbase still have the "Two cans for a tenner" on ASG Ultrair - https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-ultrair-power-gas-520ml Probably the only reason I ever order from them!

@C-Diddy yeah it's the same lubricant as abbey. Also made by abbey so surely just as good. I'll take a look at that. Does that run fine in a stock TM then? Or as its nor 'duster' gas am I likely to need to replace parts that will break over time due to the higher power?

2 hours ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy yeah it's the same lubricant as abbey. Also made by abbey so surely just as good. I'll take a look at that. Does that run fine in a stock TM then? Or as its nor 'duster' gas am I likely to need to replace parts that will break over time due to the higher power?

Runs fine in mine and, apart from a SixG brass nub, it's completely stock internally. Be worth getting familiar with Impulse101 for original TM parts and investing in some of the known perishables; nozzle, nozzle return springs, mag lips, that sort of thing. Wouldn't worry about anything though really. Fire Support are great for spares too.

@C-Diddy great that's just the answer I was after. I intend on getting the SixG nub as first upgrade. I figured there might be a few things that will undoubtedly need replacing from wear and tear etc.. like springs and nozzle. But good to hear stock internals do seem to hold up to higher powered gas. Thanks for the info dude :) getting me more excited to receive it.. only thing I am not looking forward to is getting the hand guard off the mk18 for the first time to fit the hop up nub and to replace buckings in the future after reading that they have excessive amounts of thread lock applied. Watched the eagle six video on removing it and it was painful. Needs a hell of a lot of heat.