THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@Davegolf any sign of the Super Nubs being in stock?  I am assuming its you that runs that business?  Please correct me if I am wrong...

9 hours ago, Slothface said:

A call to all MTR16 owners and anyone in the know… can anyone tell me the name of the real steel AR the TM based the rifle on, and possibly the name of the ambidextrous bolt release system in the real steel world too? Thx!

The real world equivalent of the bolt release is called a PDQ lever. It's the main thing that been drawing me to the MTR

On 22/11/2021 at 19:40, Davegolf said:

@camden What’s your entire setup mechanically?

Still same prob with any mag?

Thanks for asking, Dave. Finally found the culprit and it was a 'duuh' moment: there wasn't an o-ring on the firing pin. All sorted now.

hi guys. i have just bought an mws. i am very pleased with the gun exept one thing. The charging handle seems a bit loose and wobbly, specially when is pulled. i would prefer to be more tight. is there any way i can do that, by changing with a better part? 

Also, what do you guys use for flaslights and optical? any advice for some decent ones? 

thanks

Edited by vagabond

Hi 👋

I think that goes for most charging handles. I know mine are like that.

Regards 

On 30/11/2021 at 20:19, vagabond said:

hi guys. i have just bought an mws. i am very pleased with the gun exept one thing. The charging handle seems a bit loose and wobbly, specially when is pulled. i would prefer to be more tight. is there any way i can do that, by changing with a better part? 

Also, what do you guys use for flaslights and optical? any advice for some decent ones? 

thanks

As @Shamalsays, most charging handles are like that. I replaced mine with the PTS Radian and that's fairly loose too. They're toys at the end of the day pal. 

4 hours ago, vagabond said:

hi guys. does MAGPUL ASAP QD Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point fit our rifle? 

653B0664-4D3B-4B83-9E7E-9DE6633532DC.thumb.jpeg.728afa0ba95a9208cd2d987658d7d604.jpeg

My Standard ASAP Sling plate did with no modification so I suspect this will doo too. Although at worst case it may require some light fettling.

Hey!

I just got my new MWS. I'm pretty pleased with its overall quality, but got some issues with mainly two things. First is that the mag valve strikers (?) are metal and rattle pretty bad. IDK why i've always thought this part was plastic (maybe cause its black:) Was it always that way or maybe it is new mags version issue? (because I don't remember anyone mentioning this). The second thing is that the rail on top is not pefrectly alingned with front rail. When i put in a ruler it comes out that first teeth in front is about 1mm lower than the back of the receiver. its not terrible, but for my eye it shows a bit. I'm wondering if that could be corrected by dissasembly and reassebly of the barrel? For other minor things, the lower rail moves a bit, maybe i'll find a way to make it stiffer, also delta ring isn't firm and moves from angle to angle. And the stock looks cheap and rattles, but I've known this already. I'll see tomorrow how it shoots outside, it was dark and late when i got the gun, only made a couple of shots in my room. Awesome:) It is my first AR type replica (and also first GBBR:) and it looks and feels great. Only pistol grip is a bit uncomfy, the finger insert is not where it should be for my hands. Oh, and shoud i had made any maintenance before shooting for the first time? like cleaning barrel or sth?

Cheers

On 12/12/2021 at 17:31, Hypokondrikern said:

Any thoughts on the new drum mag? 

If it wasn’t a 400 round rattling lump and more 100 ish rounds with no winding mechanism I would have been interested.

CBA with sounding like a bottle of bbs.

1 hour ago, vagabond said:

hi guys. does your gun lose power at the end of a mag dump on full auto? 

That's pretty normal with a gas gun - as the gas expands it cools the gun and magazine rapidly, which has a negative effect on power.

You really only want to use the gun on semi, or very short bursts (as you would a real firearm).

On 17/12/2021 at 21:34, Davegolf said:

Use the standard bolt or a quality lightweight one if you want snappier cycle, no rollers, no angry gun crap.

The MWS doesn’t want for much, just fine tuning, trigger box work and cleanliness.

This.

I think this thread needs a new sticky so new owners can learn from some of our mistakes.

The only upgrades I would suggest are the supernub and an npas so you can run propane/green gas. Or anything for cosmetic reasons as long as it doesn't impact the internals OR (and I cannot stress this enough) it's not made by Angry Gun. 

I have bought and tried many parts from various manufacturers, alternative bolts from HAO ETC.  I've removed it all, apart from the g&p npas, super nub and a heavier buffer spring. Roller bolts are nonsense, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The stock hop rubber is good for .32+, its cheap and easy to get spares. The stock inner barrel is fine as it is. The trigger box is a bag of turd by design, improving it will just make it a slightly better bag of turd. 

I've wasted hundreds on "upgrades" which were downgrades in performance. There really is no need to go nuts. 

^this

As far as the trigger box goes I think it’s pretty good, definitely reliable above all else, but to make it work nice you really do have to work through a good 10,000 shots to allow all the parts in the trigger mech time to work harden.

Only then is it really worth stripping it down, de’burring and radiusing all edges, reassemble with real gun oil and you’ll find you then have a consistent wall, break and reset.

There will still be a small amount of creep but on the whole it is very satisfying to operate from that day forward 😊