THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi all, 

Looking for some help, 😊

Just purchased my first GBBR, (MWS) used, however great transaction from a genuine gentleman. Test fired on the day of purchase and all ok, no issues or regrets running through my mind at all. 

Absolutely in love with it, however this evening I tried a few rounds on semi auto, all ok, switched to auto and it jammed with say 5 .25 bbs in the inner barrel. I naturally used a cleaning rod down the business end to push them back out, (mag removed). However on the removal of said bb’s, out appeared a broken small O - Ring. 

I have looked at the upper and lower receiver, it looks ok, but I do not know enough, and although I consider myself practical… I am not confident to start in the deep end and take it all apart. 

I have put another mag through it after clearing the bb’s, and it seems to be running fine. Although it’s a dark evening and I have firing into a cardboard box on my top floor landing. So not sure of anything has happened to power or range etc , or even accuracy for that matter.

But knowing this O Ring has appeared, I feel I need to ask the question 🙋🏼‍♂️

Appreciate any help in advance..

Even though this little initial speed bump has occurred, I know that the MWS is the way forward for me , even though I just spent a fortune on a new TM recoil with all the upgrades 🤦‍♂️🙄

thanks all , Best regards, Andrew 

84D72718-D0F9-4D33-B93C-9F73BB53E2FA.jpeg

7612F5E7-22F4-403B-B7B7-13A1BD09B37B.jpeg

Could be part of the hop rubber?

The first concern is why 5 BBs got stuck in the barrel.  Hop set too high?

You'll have to open it up at some point.  Plenty of videos on YT to guide you.  Its not very hard to get into a GBBR

Hi Ed, not sure ? 

I need to get it out into the garden in the day light to see how it’s behaving I would guess, only collected it Saturday and I didn’t have time to have a play over the weekend. Didn’t know if anyone had come across this before. Running it on red predator gas, but if it has not been used for some time, perhaps the o ring has failed. Just need to work out where it has come from, as you say, take her apart, one way to learn I suppose, 😏

thanks for the prompt reply 👍

Edited by W4KES

3 hours ago, W4KES said:

Hi Ed, not sure ? 

I need to get it out into the garden in the day light to see how it’s behaving I would guess, only collected it Saturday and I didn’t have time to have a play over the weekend. Didn’t know if anyone had come across this before. Running it on red predator gas, but if it has not been used for some time, perhaps the o ring has failed. Just need to work out where it has come from, as you say, take her apart, one way to learn I suppose, 😏

thanks for the prompt reply 👍

There should be no O ring ejected into that barrel whatsoever. You do have an O ring over the hop chamber but there is no way that can enter the inner barrel. Impossible. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of an O ring in the barrel to be honest. Now do you know if the nozzle valve is a G&P npas valve? If so I think there may also be an O ring on it.  The only thing I can think of no matter how bizarre is that the G&P o ring has disintegrated and somehow remnants of it have entered the barrel. Again this is pure speculation. 

Hi Alpha Bear , that’s re-assuring , I will add a list of the build spec below to my lay person’s knowledge, and some initial photos of the lower and upper receiver apart. 

CCFA06F7-A30C-4267-A603-1E03A49D08EA.jpeg

BA3F7833-F71A-4D9E-B652-7B3F0A7C25C1.jpeg

17F0D327-5407-4B0F-8A68-6F12A5D2A91C.jpeg

B347D676-74D2-447E-8441-C6711A5BACEE.jpeg

51279336-51C2-4054-B977-063532FE0C7C.jpeg

Ahhhh I recognise that MWS. The chap you got it from is pucker and a true gent. And he’s kit is well looked after. From the spec it’s got a stock Marui bolt and the picture confirms this. There is no way an o ring could have gotten into the inner barrel.

Unless???? Now this idea is actually real and happened to me. I think Ive figured it out. What speed loader are you using? I use a Marui XL speed loader and it has an o ring in the bb tube that feeds into the mag. I suspect that somehow the o ring got detached (happened to me) and got pushed into the magazine along with some more bbs. You may have pushed a tad too hard to fill the mag with bbs. I am sure that’s how the o ring got into your MWS!! Taaaaa Daaaaa! And just for good measure check your speed loader. I bet it will be missing that o ring. 

My MWS is playing up and I think it is the BCG (as it works well with my mate's bolt). I tried gradually replacing everything and still no luck. I am looking for a recommendation of a GBB/MWS repair shop in the UK.

Who would you go to? 

Anyone have a link to an original TM MWs nozzle?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

18 hours ago, W4KES said:

Hi all, 

Looking for some help, 😊

Just purchased my first GBBR, (MWS) used, however great transaction from a genuine gentleman. Test fired on the day of purchase and all ok, no issues or regrets running through my mind at all. 

Absolutely in love with it, however this evening I tried a few rounds on semi auto, all ok, switched to auto and it jammed with say 5 .25 bbs in the inner barrel. I naturally used a cleaning rod down the business end to push them back out, (mag removed). However on the removal of said bb’s, out appeared a broken small O - Ring. 

I have looked at the upper and lower receiver, it looks ok, but I do not know enough, and although I consider myself practical… I am not confident to start in the deep end and take it all apart. 

I have put another mag through it after clearing the bb’s, and it seems to be running fine. Although it’s a dark evening and I have firing into a cardboard box on my top floor landing. So not sure of anything has happened to power or range etc , or even accuracy for that matter.

But knowing this O Ring has appeared, I feel I need to ask the question 🙋🏼‍♂️

Appreciate any help in advance..

Even though this little initial speed bump has occurred, I know that the MWS is the way forward for me , even though I just spent a fortune on a new TM recoil with all the upgrades 🤦‍♂️🙄

thanks all , Best regards, Andrew 

Could it be the o-ring that goes on the outside, on the end, of the inner barrel to stabilize it inside the actual outer barrel?

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Ahhhh I recognise that MWS. The chap you got it from is pucker and a true gent. And he’s kit is well looked after. From the spec it’s got a stock Marui bolt and the picture confirms this. There is no way an o ring could have gotten into the inner barrel.

Unless???? Now this idea is actually real and happened to me. I think Ive figured it out. What speed loader are you using? I use a Marui XL speed loader and it has an o ring in the bb tube that feeds into the mag. I suspect that somehow the o ring got detached (happened to me) and got pushed into the magazine along with some more bbs. You may have pushed a tad too hard to fill the mag with bbs. I am sure that’s how the o ring got into your MWS!! Taaaaa Daaaaa! And just for good measure check your speed loader. I bet it will be missing that o ring. 

AB , you might have hit the nail on the head, I am still at work, so not able to check just yet, but….. ( get ready for a well done 👏 sir…. ) 

When I filled the mag, the speed loader failed, as in, I mean the part you press down to inject the bbs , got stuck , and I gave up with it ( as I am impatient )

Then I opened up a brand new speed loader from its packaging and continued with that one…. It would in theory make perfect sense. 

The new speed loader is a TM so I bet the older one is also, they both came with the MWS. 

Yeah, your right about the seller… I got nothing but a good feel for his character. 

I did ask his opinion, but 1) I didn’t want to bother him, and 2) he wasn’t sure where it could have come from either ! 

I will check this evening and revert back , thanks all, 

AlphaBear 👏👏👏

You were absolutely correct, that’s where the little chap has come from, not the MWS at all, but the speed loader. 

Actually come out of the new speed loader. As below; old to the rear of the photo, new to the front, o-ring missing to the front one ☝️ 

Thank you all, what a great help, I can now go and let of a few mags with confidence I am not doing any damage. 😊😏😁

10341A4A-1361-4E2A-A4B0-412F1BDFAC61.thumb.jpeg.fbfc266362b1015b27ac431b18e641d7.jpeg

13 minutes ago, W4KES said:

AlphaBear 👏👏👏

You were absolutely correct, that’s where the little chap has come from, not the MWS at all, but the speed loader. 

Actually come out of the new speed loader. As below; old to the rear of the photo, new to the front, o-ring missing to the front one ☝️ 

Thank you all, what a great help, I can now go and let of a few mags with confidence I am not doing any damage. 😊😏😁

10341A4A-1361-4E2A-A4B0-412F1BDFAC61.thumb.jpeg.fbfc266362b1015b27ac431b18e641d7.jpeg

You’re welcome matey.  Another happy customer :) 

At least we figured it out. The funny thing is that out of my two Marui XL speed loaders I also lost the o ring out of the newer one.  Truth be told you don’t need that o ring as the bbs still feed fine and don’t fall out of the feed tube either. 

Oh one more thing. Don’t use Nuprol bbs in the MWS. They will shatter. I had a very very very bad episode with them. 

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

You’re welcome matey.  Another happy customer :) 

At least we figured it out. The funny thing is that out of my two Marui XL speed loaders I also lost the o ring out of the newer one.  Truth be told you don’t need that o ring as the bbs still feed fine and don’t fall out of the feed tube either. 

Oh one more thing. Don’t use Nuprol bbs in the MWS. They will shatter. I had a very very very bad episode with them. 

You and those bloody Nuprol BBs! 😆

@W4KES glad it was nothing sinister. Now the fun begins 👍

Hi everyone,

Please can I do a little more brain-picking?

It seems sensible to get a new nozzle return spring, but eagle6 for example have a 100% and 150%. Whats the difference in practical terms I.e. why would I choose one over the other??

On 09/11/2021 at 13:26, camden said:

My MWS is playing up and I think it is the BCG (as it works well with my mate's bolt). I tried gradually replacing everything and still no luck. I am looking for a recommendation of a GBB/MWS repair shop in the UK.

Who would you go to? 

Anyone have a link to an original TM MWs nozzle?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

If you tried your friends bolt and it works fine, then maybe buy a new bolt? 😂

Try following a YouTube guide and disassembling the bolt, then you can check to see if anything is out of place. What exactly is going wrong?

15 hours ago, ajumma said:

Try following a YouTube guide and disassembling the bolt, then you can check to see if anything is out of place. What exactly is going wrong?

Thanks for your reply. Just received a replacement nozzle in the post and will try that today. i have alreadyt ried a complete Angry Gun nozzle setup but that had the same effect: no oomph.

Just got this beaut today in a traid first mws iv ever had! Need to get a npas now! Anything else I should get to? I hace 4 mags to, I fired 2 shots in the chrono with green gass modded mags in getting around 250-220, ish fps no idea how full they were though, need to pick up some more gas lol

20211118_160750~2.jpg

Edited by slayerkitty

Took out the mws to clean it. Found out why I was having issues.

Luckily I’d bought an angry gun full nozzle kit. Removed the old tm one and installed the AG full nozzle kit. Only issue is I couldn’t find a firing pin o-ring on the TM one. When I tried to fit the AG one I couldn’t get it to fit with the AG o ring. I’m assuming it’ll be ok for my next game (This Sunday), but otherwise should I source a thinner o ring, or will I get away with leaving it as is?

2490B1E7-BE32-4650-8B37-FF156ABB9543.jpeg

On 07/04/2021 at 22:02, AlphaBear said:

Anyone who has a MK18 MWS here is a tool which can remove the barrel nut and fits perfectly according to a post on the Marui thread on Facebook 

2E36A395-B46B-457A-9FC2-0C20C2FAA7C2.png

2CD25048-5AA7-48D9-8013-414748011840.png

A85DD7B1-3493-4AD5-A81D-07C4D573D35E.jpeg

where can i get one in the uk!? iv wrecked my ring trying the hammer + screw driver way

1 hour ago, slayerkitty said:

where can i get one in the uk!? iv wrecked my ring trying the hammer + screw driver way

Ouch! Never use a hammer and screwdriver on your ring! 

I'm sure your doctor could have prescribed something less invasive. 😉👍

Regards 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, slayerkitty said:

Phaha well I popped to my dad's to see if he could sort my ring out, we used a log tube that failed, 

I don't even have an mws, but scrolling through the forum on my phone it previews part of the last reply, the text above was what I saw😳, needless to say I had to click on it to get some context, otherwise I'd have probably had bad dreams tonight lol

On 14/11/2021 at 19:56, ajumma said:

The MWS is currently not capable of emptying one mag. It usually manages at least 2 reloads on one gas refill. FPS is way down. have rebuilt bolt several times but no luck so far...

Edited by camden