THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

9 hours ago, Nicayu said:

Buying soon.

As you may have seen, there is a lack of TM m4 mws gbbr's for sale at UK retailers.

Does anyone have any experience of buying from Patrolbase?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-zet-gas-blowback-rifle

Also, can anyone think of anything I should be asking Patrolbase before purchase?

Is there anything (particular version for example) that I should looking out for? Any pitfalls so to speak?

Many thanks 

Eagle 6 have them in stock, and Fire Support have the CQBR deal with 3 extra mags available. Had excellent service from both of then. MWS from FS and MP7 from E6.

Yep mine is the CQBR coming from Firesupport. Was torn between it and the MWS but plumped for it in the end. Had good service from all the named names in the past, so sure you'll be fine.

Gunman I'm going to is Camp Bravo just for a skirmish. Have a three month old so every day is a 24 hour milsim right now.

Thanks for the advice on the 36s, I'll give them a go and see how i get on.

Right, she's arrived.

20211019_212857.thumb.jpg.5ce07e0f8fe4a4345d191e19b37b75b9.jpg

Having a few issues off the bat!

Firstly, the finish on some of the parts is really bad, should it be? E.g. fire selector, castle nut...

20211019_210100.thumb.jpg.d93f778427eb038825677e623f5ceba7.jpg

20211019_210158.thumb.jpg.6f20bd9fa97ecbf00fc90cd36b551f07.jpg

Next up, the mag release is seemingly getting stuck on the mags and is a two finger job to actuate.

Finally, has anyone managed to get the mags to load with a vanguard speedloader? Is there a technique I'm missing?

Edited by Whodat

3 hours ago, Whodat said:

Right, she's arrived.

20211019_212857.thumb.jpg.5ce07e0f8fe4a4345d191e19b37b75b9.jpg

Having a few issues off the bat!

Firstly, the finish on some of the parts is really bad, should it be? E.g. fire selector, castle nut...

20211019_210100.thumb.jpg.d93f778427eb038825677e623f5ceba7.jpg

20211019_210158.thumb.jpg.6f20bd9fa97ecbf00fc90cd36b551f07.jpg

Next up, the mag release is seemingly getting stuck on the mags and is a two finger job to actuate.

Finally, has anyone managed to get the mags to load with a vanguard speedloader? Is there a technique I'm missing?

or switch 

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club..... The fire selector switch finish is pants on them all... Mine was kinda the same and I'm sure other peoples are too... The castle nut is hit and miss though.. I suspect your's just got tightened with a tad more vigour... believe you me if you need to tighten it with s Marui spanner it will mark anyway.... it's just the nature of the pot metal that Marui use,..

I love a stock CQBR, yes the selector finish is the complete opposite to the receivers 😂

Sometimes the mag release is wound in a few to many times, if you ‘over’ push the release with a tool you can rotate the actual latch and undo it one or two turns to your desired amount.

17 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I love a stock CQBR, yes the selector finish is the complete opposite to the receivers 😂

Sometimes the mag release is wound in a few to many times, if you ‘over’ push the release with a tool you can rotate the actual latch and undo it one or two turns to your desired amount.

Boom! One turn of the of the latch and it's much better - top tekkers my friend!

Now it just leaves an adapter for the vanguard. I didn't pay all this money to lug around 5 kilos of real nato ammo tin and not get to use it!

Edited by Whodat
Spelling

Hi all just purchased my first gbbr, MWS cqbr m4. Super excited 🙂 Bought it used and completely stock, I have read lots of different things with regards to upgrades etc etc etc...I plan on running it stock for now as I play mainly cqb. I do have a couple of question though for you knowledgeable people.

1. Is there anything I need to buy for running it primarily on green gas, spares upgrades etc

2. The UK is cold, any upgrades I can put in it to make it more gas efficient In the colder months.

3. my purchase is coming with two "iron mags" that are apparently leaking with green gas...any advice here would be awesome. Not really sure what they are 

Thanks in advance :-)

Pretty sure this is a real golf ball brain question but just to check before I buy something I cant mount, the MTR upper mounts are all the same stuff as the standard MWS? I assume the uppers are pretty much interchangable but I wanna be sure before I buy a rail that won't fit.

On 19/10/2021 at 22:39, Whodat said:

Most of the zinc parts on the MWS have that finish, nothing you can really do about it except for buying replacements made out of aluminum or steel.

On 22/10/2021 at 19:26, Crome said:

I assume the uppers are pretty much interchangable but I wanna be sure before I buy a rail that won't fit.

Yes the MRT and MWS uppers are interchangeable. So much so that I have a build with an MTR lower and MWS upper. Any accessory that will fit one will fit the other (assuming you have the correct rail fitted, i.e m-loc accessories obviously won’t fit if you have a keymod rail. Etc).

10 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Yes the MRT and MWS uppers are interchangeable. So much so that I have a build with an MTR lower and MWS upper. Any accessory that will fit one will fit the other (assuming you have the correct rail fitted, i.e m-loc accessories obviously won’t fit if you have a keymod rail. Etc).

Exactly what I wanted to hear mate cheers for chiming in. Actually went ahead and brought the MTR front bits (rail, outer and what have you) before your answer but knowing I've not wasted my money is a huge relief 😂

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Question: what’s the difference with the TM MK18 GBB Which is Zet system but doesn’t seem to be tagged MWS? Do all of your helpful tips and tricks also work for that (ie are the internals the same?) I presumed they are like all NGRS are the same apart from rails, colours and prices! and pulled the trigger on a MK18 but I’m having a wobble. Have I cocked up? Why do none of you have one? 

6 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Yes, I own a modded MK18 and they are the same internally as far as I can see.

It doesn’t look much like a MK18 now though10F73906-A49C-4A84-BD13-5553B6228E7D.thumb.jpeg.3cc15b339c41c25f66493f13b2389c34.jpeg 

That’s a serious bit of kit there Sir. Looks the balls. 

So 90% of these 226 pages are people recommending and getting the Six Nub. They don’t have any and aren’t making them so I plan to do the “ram something solid into the TM nub” mod. All videos seem to be on CQBR and MWS barrel removal to access. Any tips? Clearly you’ve had yours off more than once lol

Plastic mag? Is that the one with the extra 5 rounds? Are you a fan? Seems some complain about performance? 

even your grenades/smoke look cool. 

Bravo. 

8 hours ago, Whodat said:

Oi, that's my line!

Ha ha Unbelievable Geoff!

He who dares wins Rodney ;) 

I made a tool to get my mk18 barrel nut off, used a vice and AR upper clamp. And a electric heat gun to melt the thread lock.  It was an absolute arse, but do-able. 

6668A79A-3270-4B08-A0BF-4607A396F3EE.thumb.jpeg.70b6a1ef2d4127059c2c71b07b00e6a5.jpeg6E303696-6722-49F7-9804-84E637C3884D.thumb.jpeg.c480e88e13661941e4b83adc10371e88.jpeg

With this in mind, you’re probably better off going for the CQBR as your base gun. You’ll need a low profile gas block/gas tube and flash hider.

I sometimes run a 10.5” barrel in hotter months with a 250mm inner, but I’m trying the 370mm 6.03mn in winter to get better performance on black gas.  The HAO rails seem much better than the alternative clones.  The mags are SAA, they’ve run totally fine for me and weight 100g less per mag.

7E654C30-2FF9-4CC7-BCB3-B5E575F10DC0.thumb.jpeg.2cdab2eaecc504a68cbf9f2314509208.jpeg

On 16/10/2021 at 21:34, MalcyFett said:

Took the MWS out today for it's first game since I've fitted the new Brass nub. I found I wasn't able to reach out as far as my MP7 GBBR.

Tried .36 and .32. running predator ultra, at 250 fps with the .36 neither were working well with max hop on.

Is there something I'm missing/not doing to achieve at least the range of my MP7? Everything is stock inside, except for said brass nub.

I have a prommy barrel inside mine... a sixG brass nub and a HSB buffer.... I find the range pretty good (not as good as my upgraded KoA recoil though) of course it's dependent on temperature and the gas you're using. 

17 hours ago, adas1223 said:

My "parts bin" MWS monstrosity. the kick on this thing with duster gas is like shooting real steel. definitely harder than my 22lr!

photo_2021-11-02_21-21-49.jpg

photo_2021-11-02_21-21-52.jpg

I am trying to find some words... but failing for some reason :D

19 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Is the brass collar needed for aftermarket outer barrels? I just  scrutinized the picture of my recently ordered 5KU barrel and realized that it doesn’t have the brass collar known to the original part. 

Yeah they do, think most don’t come with it. 

First proper skirmish with the MWS today and I was impressed and more than a little happy with every trigger pull. Today was unseasonably warm for Nov so green gas was working well and I even managed to score a few hits during the morning. Feeling I could tweak the hop a bit more, I went to the range over lunch, put a mag through her and was very happy. Slapped another mag in, squeezed off two shots then pffft. Bolt neither fully forward or back, lots of manipulating the forward assist to get it far enough forward to separate the receiver, and there it was - the spring in the extractor bent to buggery. At least I have a spare.

19 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

First proper skirmish with the MWS today and I was impressed and more than a little happy with every trigger pull. Today was unseasonably warm for Nov so green gas was working well and I even managed to score a few hits during the morning. Feeling I could tweak the hop a bit more, I went to the range over lunch, put a mag through her and was very happy. Slapped another mag in, squeezed off two shots then pffft. Bolt neither fully forward or back, lots of manipulating the forward assist to get it far enough forward to separate the receiver, and there it was - the spring in the extractor bent to buggery. At least I have a spare.

Bloomin heck what the buggery happened there? Which spring are you talking about again? Is it the bolt spring or the smaller spring at the top of the bolt? 

5 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Bloomin heck what the buggery happened there? Which spring are you talking about again? Is it the bolt spring or the smaller spring at the top of the bolt? 

Yep, the smaller spring, and having double-checked the spares box, none to be found. Nothing on Impulse101 either. Bugger.