THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I have used tens and tens of thousands of Blitz BBs by Zeroone, both bio and non-bio.   Never had a stoppage in about fifteen or so rifles, some with tight bore barrels.   Ordering 25,000 again soon tbh.

Doesn't mean that they never had a bad batch mind.

2 hours ago, demandt said:

I use BLS 0.36 non bio and I never have any issues. I've never heard of Zero Blitzs, so I can't speak to their quality. Maybe try a bag of BLS 0.36 and see how you get on.

Blitz BBs are Zero One airsoft's own brand. I've since bought some Geoffs Precision and ASG Devil Blasters. Not tried them yet but I'll add BLS to the list 👍

2 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I have used tens and tens of thousands of Blitz BBs by Zeroone, both bio and non-bio.   Never had a stoppage in about fifteen or so rifles, some with tight bore barrels.   Ordering 25,000 again soon tbh.

Doesn't mean that they never had a bad batch mind.

I agree. Used their .25s and .28s for ages, and their .3s were perfect. Like you say, bad batches happen

BOLT ISSUES:

Now this is really foxing me: I am using the original bolt (reinforced spring inside as the old one broke). With a fresh mag, it fires well for the first few shots and then performance drops hugely and it can't empty the mag. Using my mate's original bolt, (and using the same rifle and same magazine as before!!), it fires absolutely fine and empties the mag reliably.

I have since changed to a light weight bolt (had one lying around so worth a try) and changed the pistol head/seal as well; with the same result. Anyone clever out there can point me in the right direction as I am really missing using my MWS?

Thanks in advance!

On 05/10/2021 at 12:53, camden said:

BOLT ISSUES:

Now this is really foxing me: I am using the original bolt (reinforced spring inside as the old one broke). With a fresh mag, it fires well for the first few shots and then performance drops hugely and it can't empty the mag. Using my mate's original bolt, (and using the same rifle and same magazine as before!!), it fires absolutely fine and empties the mag reliably.

I have since changed to a light weight bolt (had one lying around so worth a try) and changed the pistol head/seal as well; with the same result. Anyone clever out there can point me in the right direction as I am really missing using my MWS?

Thanks in advance!

I am guessing there is an issue with the nozzle/cup seal/rocket valve.

Borrow the nozzle from your mates bolt and see if that sorts the issue, then narrow it down to the specific part!

A little tech support would be appreciated just in terms of guesses at probable cause at the very least.

I've been shooting my MWS perfectly fine for almost a year now but suddenly I've started to notice every fourth or fifth bb will rocket skyward almost as soon as it leaves the barrel only for the next to be perfectly fine.

In effort to troubleshoot this I've taken the gun apart in its entirety sans my BCG which I'll be taking apart this evening. I've replaced my bucking and tried alternate barrels all to no real effect. I've even tried an alternate hop unit only to have the exact same problem. It persists across every magazine I own and I've even tried alternate Ammo weights and brands. Has anyone ever run in to anythign similar? Any advice would be greatly apprecaited as I'm pulling my bloody hair out over this at this point.

1 hour ago, Crome said:

A little tech support would be appreciated just in terms of guesses at probable cause at the very least.

I've been shooting my MWS perfectly fine for almost a year now but suddenly I've started to notice every fourth or fifth bb will rocket skyward almost as soon as it leaves the barrel only for the next to be perfectly fine.

In effort to troubleshoot this I've taken the gun apart in its entirety sans my BCG which I'll be taking apart this evening. I've replaced my bucking and tried alternate barrels all to no real effect. I've even tried an alternate hop unit only to have the exact same problem. It persists across every magazine I own and I've even tried alternate Ammo weights and brands. Has anyone ever run in to anythign similar? Any advice would be greatly apprecaited as I'm pulling my bloody hair out over this at this point.

When did you last clean and inspect the barrel ? 

Hello, got to use my stock rifle for the second time this weekend. I was running .30s and painfully noticed a lack of range even at full hop.

Is there a general consensus on what internal upgrades should be done as a minimum? Barrel, nub, rubber etc

Ive filtered back a few pages on here, saw some mention of a brass nub (six gun smithing i assume).

1 hour ago, Ashmanbob69 said:

Hello, got to use my stock rifle for the second time this weekend. I was running .30s and painfully noticed a lack of range even at full hop.

Is there a general consensus on what internal upgrades should be done as a minimum? Barrel, nub, rubber etc

Ive filtered back a few pages on here, saw some mention of a brass nub (six gun smithing i assume).

Pretty much just the nub if you want to use .3's! Barrel is a nice to have, I mainly got a longer one to increase fps (USA limits). Can't reccomend the SixG brass nub enough. I tested the Laylax strike arm, as well as some concave nubs but the SixG paired with the stock hopup rubber is amazing. I'd have some spare nozzle return springs on hand, or just install an upgraded one to save you the headache ahead of time. Thats really all you need.

On 08/10/2021 at 17:30, Nick G said:

When did you last clean and inspect the barrel ? 

Sorted this but have cleaned the barrel multiple times since issues developed and tried multiple other inners. Turned out that the G&P SPR kit I brought was just so poorly made and aligned (came from the factory using shims at the receiver mount, shims on the outer barrel end and an adapter to make their randomly 12mm threaded barrel end to 14mm CCW all that meant that unless the stars aligned I was always gonna be having issues with it not being as accurate as needed. Lesson learned though will avoid G&P as a general rule in future without much more research.

On 11/10/2021 at 15:29, Ashmanbob69 said:

On the topic of hop rubbers there are a few GBBR ones you can use but the general consensus is the standard Marui hop rubber works well with the SIX-G nub. This is the combo I run with time and time again...

TM MWS, Stock bucking, SixG nub and buffer spacer, 410mm Barrel + Revanchist High Flow Nozzle. Otherwise stock. Tested with .45's:

357.8 (fps)

1-2 seconds between shots.

Average of 2.65-2.66J

Got an average of 350 with .48's, similar consistency with one deviation of +10 FPS

Non UK user so higher FPS is legal where I'm at, that being said I have the stock nozzle and a Dynamic precision nozzle on hand to help tame that down a bit for DMR uses.

Why am I sharing this? Because I am SUPER impressed with the consistency. Its on par with my SRS using the same ammo.

93D1EA02-127C-4735-BB7B-E7E1EE982BED_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by scar527
Avg Joule

2 hours ago, scar527 said:

TM MWS, Stock bucking, SixG nub and buffer spacer, 410mm Barrel + Revanchist High Flow Nozzle. Otherwise stock. Tested with .45's:

357.8 (fps)

1-2 seconds between shots.

Average of 2.65-2.66J

Got an average of 350 with .48's, similar consistency with one deviation of +10 FPS

Non UK user so higher FPS is legal where I'm at, that being said I have the stock nozzle and a Dynamic precision nozzle on hand to help tame that down a bit for DMR uses.

Why am I sharing this? Because I am SUPER impressed with the consistency. Its on par with my SRS using the same ammo.

93D1EA02-127C-4735-BB7B-E7E1EE982BED_1_105_c.jpeg

Crikey! Those FPS figures with 0.48’s are scary high. I would not like to be on the end of one of those that’s for sure lol. By the way, what gas are you using and at what temperature was your test done at? 

Took the MWS out today for it's first game since I've fitted the new Brass nub. I found I wasn't able to reach out as far as my MP7 GBBR.

Tried .36 and .32. running predator ultra, at 250 fps with the .36 neither were working well with max hop on.

Is there something I'm missing/not doing to achieve at least the range of my MP7? Everything is stock inside, except for said brass nub.

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Crikey! Those FPS figures with 0.48’s are scary high. I would not like to be on the end of one of those that’s for sure lol. By the way, what gas are you using and at what temperature was your test done at? 

Propane, 70-80F.

Again this was to see what the setup is capable of, in game MED's apply and power of the rounds drops a lot after it leaves the gun. 

Outside of kits does anyone currently make an M16A1 length barrel for the MWS? Other than a seemingly long finished production run from 5KU I've turned up very little.

Edited by Crome

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Am joining your proud band some time tomorrow when the postman comes and I have a couple questions. Should be getting a run out with it at Gunman in a couple weeks.

First, should I expect to be able to lift 36s with either stock nub or the biro trick? Second, if not I don't suppose anyone has a spare supernub they'd be willing to lend me and I'll get it you back as soon as the next run comes online??

Thanks!

Chris

Buying soon.

As you may have seen, there is a lack of TM m4 mws gbbr's for sale at UK retailers.

Does anyone have any experience of buying from Patrolbase?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-zet-gas-blowback-rifle

Also, can anyone think of anything I should be asking Patrolbase before purchase?

Is there anything (particular version for example) that I should looking out for? Any pitfalls so to speak?

Many thanks 

On 16/10/2021 at 08:17, AlphaBear said:

On the topic of hop rubbers there are a few GBBR ones you can use but the general consensus is the standard Marui hop rubber works well with the SIX-G nub. This is the combo I run with time and time again...

Thanks. Sadly it seems the are OOS for the now.

Did email them but no reply as yet.

8 hours ago, Whodat said:

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Am joining your proud band some time tomorrow when the postman comes and I have a couple questions. Should be getting a run out with it at Gunman in a couple weeks.

First, should I expect to be able to lift 36s with either stock nub or the biro trick? Second, if not I don't suppose anyone has a spare supernub they'd be willing to lend me and I'll get it you back as soon as the next run comes online??

Thanks!

Chris

Which Gunman Chris, Descent?

.36's I always found to be a bit too heavy, in terms of cost, joule efficiency at 1J, availability and also time to target from pulling the trigger.  SixG nub is the one to go for, or the laylax arm from somewhere like Firesupport if Dave doesn't have any nubs ready to go/has missed the emails or whatever:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/first-factory-strike-hop-arm-for-marui-m4a1-mws

Biro trick might work, give it a try.

38 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

Gunman Chris, Descent?

If you're at descent I'll be there with my mws...

As far as weight goes, mine is stock bar a modify bucking and a six g nub and I like 0.36's but equally my mws is only ever really used in semi really.