THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, ash12 said:

I have a spare 300MM crazy jet - likely to make it too hot? 

Only one way to find out 😁

I am putting money on +20-25fps gain with 0.30g BBs.

place your bets now!

7 hours ago, scar527 said:

What speedloaders are people using with their mags? My mags seem to destroy the standard ones within a few weeks time to where they constantly jam.

Tokyo Marui M4 and Pistol mag style ones. Still on my first one after 2+ years.

3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Tokyo Marui M4 and Pistol mag style ones. Still on my first one after 2+ years.

As @SSPKalisaid, the TM M4 loader is the most consistently recommended. I still struggle a bit and adopt the shake and plunge technique when filling, but put it down to my mags being new.

I use viper and they work well and last.

How are your mags destroying the speedloaders?

Regards 

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

I use viper and they work well and last.

How are your mags destroying the speedloaders?

Regards 

The plunger gets stuck after a while and the body bows outward- the spring of the follower is stiff in the MWS mags and I think my speedloaders are just not made of the right type of plastic.

If anyone is after any BCM bits for their MWS I've just listed some. Infact, i've listed a pistol grip, a sling plate modified for MWS, a B5 Bravo stock for any URGI fans and also have the 13.5" mk16 rail, 14.5 outer barrel etc with adapters for the MWS. 

I've shortened mine to 11.5 now. So much trial and error with the MWS over the last few months..think i'm getting there now. 

It's almost finished...for now. Just looking to add a set of BUIS. Not sure whether to add the Magpul MBUS, King Arms MaTech 600 or go for the TM MK18. Open to any suggestions from the group. I'm not going for a specific build, just making something I like.

That aside my CQBR has been fitted with:

• Magpul CTR stock and cheek riser
  • Magpul MOE+ grip
  • Magpul MOE trigger guard
  • PTS Radian charging handle
  • HAO Industries Geissele 9.3" SMR copy
  • WADSN PEQ-15 and weapon light with dual pressure switch
  • Angry Gun SOCOM 5.56 suppressor and flash hider

Internally I'm keeping it completely stock, standfast the SixG brass nub. Pleased that I also have the G&P MK18 rail as another option too.

20210927_185645.thumb.jpg.3c3d14eea849e5ed0f497a1a8b24df7a.jpg20210927_185917.thumb.jpg.594dc91eca799c16466974c587dd8d88.jpg20210927_190222.thumb.jpg.3dad96631dd2d642b4541c529d482735.jpg

Edited by C-Diddy
Edited images

Very much intended as a placeholder set up, but it’s growing on me slowly but surely despite how mayo it is… but my turn in the queue to get the carry handle graft done on my ‘spare’ upper is fast approaching so I’m not sure it’s got much time left as is.

36DD9012-D349-4CB3-A12B-806538ADCE23.thumb.jpeg.e3e8c1c752f8a9aa6823159e4a799f66.jpeg

1754A4FE-057F-46BF-8E0D-E101794BBCA2.thumb.jpeg.c744ab5f4ea785e9fff4e2877bf12d1e.jpeg

Edited by alxndrhll

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Very much intended as a placeholder set up, but it’s growing on me slowly but surely despite how mayo it is… but my turn in the queue to get the carry handle graft done on my ‘spare’ upper is fast approaching so I’m not sure it’s got much time left as is.

36DD9012-D349-4CB3-A12B-806538ADCE23.thumb.jpeg.e3e8c1c752f8a9aa6823159e4a799f66.jpeg

1754A4FE-057F-46BF-8E0D-E101794BBCA2.thumb.jpeg.c744ab5f4ea785e9fff4e2877bf12d1e.jpeg

What's the plan for the new set-up?

12 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

What's the plan for the new set-up?

It'll be a rough approximation of a Blood Diamond/BHD carbine (more Blood Diamond than BHD to start with, but it's not particularly hard to transition it over), but keeping some modern conveniences... namely a BCM pistol grip, a larger trigger guard and an adjustable 2-point sling.

• B5 Systems (Brownells) repro CAR-15 stock
  • Skinny handguards
  • Carry handle rail
  • Aimpoint Comp M2 repro (will pick up a real one at some point because I highly doubt the repro will hold zero for more than 10 seconds)
  • Surefire 6P thrown in a modified repro Weaver barrel mount
  • 607 moderator (being made up by the same person who is doing the graft)

Essentially it'll be this, but remove flat top upper/optic and replace with carry handle upper/carry handle mounted optic and swap out the muzzle device. TLDR I guess I'm going from the modern flavour of mayo, to the 'retro' version flavour of mayo 🤷‍♂️.

121E3147-BF4E-4BB1-97C2-454EABFAFCA0.thumb.jpeg.e99496400ce9e1e82860b812fe5cb2a3.jpeg

Edited by alxndrhll

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

It'll be a rough approximation of a Blood Diamond/BHD carbine (more Blood Diamond than BHD to start with, but it's not particularly hard to transition it over), but keeping some modern conveniences... namely a BCM pistol grip, a larger trigger guard and an adjustable 2-point sling.

• B5 Systems (Brownells) repro CAR-15 stock
  • Skinny handguards
  • Carry handle rail
  • Aimpoint Comp M2 repro (will pick up a real one at some point because I highly doubt the repro will hold zero for more than 10 seconds)
  • Surefire 6P thrown in a modified repro Weaver barrel mount
  • 607 moderator (being made up by the same person who is doing the graft)

Essentially it'll be this, but remove flat top upper/optic and replace with carry handle upper/carry handle mounted optic and swap out the muzzle device. TLDR I guess I'm going from the modern flavour of mayo, to the 'retro' version flavour of mayo 🤷‍♂️.

121E3147-BF4E-4BB1-97C2-454EABFAFCA0.thumb.jpeg.e99496400ce9e1e82860b812fe5cb2a3.jpeg

Loads of people do seem to be going back to that style of M4. It's crossed my mind to buy another MWS and give it the Gary Gordon makeover because they do look cool af.

And do whatever flavour mayo you feel like pal. You're not going 100% period/screen accurate (dont blame you as the original trigger guard and grip is painful!) so you'll still have your own design...sort of.

Looking forward to pictures

5 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Loads of people do seem to be going back to that style of M4. It's crossed my mind to buy another MWS and give it the Gary Gordon makeover because they do look cool af.

And do whatever flavour mayo you feel like pal. You're not going 100% period/screen accurate (dont blame you as the original trigger guard and grip is painful!) so you'll still have your own design...sort of.

Looking forward to pictures

It's a very cyclic hobby in terms of trends. We're gradually transitioning out of Mk18's being the 'go to' with Mk16's on the way in, give it a few years and Mk18's will have a renewed 'old school cool' factor and folks will be clamouring for decent versions of the rail... much like they are for carry handle uppers now... just as Multicam/MTP is the new DPM.

I definitely think things like the Unity mounts are partially to blame, optics on stilts is just so much comfier... slapping them back on a carry handle is the next logical leap to putting them even higher. But yeah, I've never been one for trying for 100% accurate clones as you've alluded to I very much like my wrists functioning after a day of playing!

41 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

It's a very cyclic hobby in terms of trends. We're gradually transitioning out of Mk18's being the 'go to' with Mk16's on the way in, give it a few years and Mk18's will have a renewed 'old school cool' factor and folks will be clamouring for decent versions of the rail... much like they are for carry handle uppers now... just as Multicam/MTP is the new DPM.

I definitely think things like the Unity mounts are partially to blame, optics on stilts is just so much comfier... slapping them back on a carry handle is the next logical leap to putting them even higher. But yeah, I've never been one for trying for 100% accurate clones as you've alluded to I very much like my wrists functioning after a day of playing!

Good points well made. I'm trying to resist the urge I always have to shift stuff because I know, as you say, in a couple of years it'll come back around. Partially why I picked up the MK18 rail but am keeping it in reserve.

I always thought mounting an optic on the carry handle looked really awkward, but it's absolutely a case of functionality over fashion. Now they have that retro cool look. The BHD/Blood Diamond and Larry Vickers CAR-15 looks are massive.

You planning on a paint job or mixing up attachments and tape to break it up?

4 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Good points well made. I'm trying to resist the urge I always have to shift stuff because I know, as you say, in a couple of years it'll come back around. Partially why I picked up the MK18 rail but am keeping it in reserve.

I always thought mounting an optic on the carry handle looked really awkward, but it's absolutely a case of functionality over fashion. Now they have that retro cool look. The BHD/Blood Diamond and Larry Vickers CAR-15 looks are massive.

You planning on a paint job or mixing up attachments and tape to break it up?

I tend to keep everything un-'weathered'/painted until I know I'm definitely keeping things given how much doing the aforementioned hurts the price if I come to sell, I imagine this'll be much the same.

2 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Didn’t you fancy waiting for the Angry Gun A1 receiver set?  I’m not sure what the cost difference will be between that and the “cut & shut”?

I’m tempted by either, if I knew where to lay hands on a spare bare bones upper?

Angry Gun are a company I avoid like the plague nowadays for anything other than flash hiders. Not sure I’d entrust my hard earned to a company that struggle so much with basic parts to get an upper receiver right and not have it entirely knacker the performance with everything being misaligned and snagging. Even had that not been the case I was, or rather am, after the A2 carry handle rather than the A1. But yeah, I hope it works out well for those looking forward to it.

As for spare uppers, I wish you the best of luck. I’d been on the hunt for ages, tried contacting numerous companies (Impulse101 included) and none of them were able to source one. I snapped one up that went up for sale on here some time back and popped myself in the queue for the graft… which has been about 3 months or so now. I was quoted a 4 month wait so fingers crossed I’ll be getting contacted before long.

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I tend to keep everything un-'weathered'/painted until I know I'm definitely keeping things given how much doing the aforementioned hurts the price if I come to sell, I imagine this'll be much the same.

Very sensible. Some of the paint jobs just ruin otherwise cracking guns.

And here is my MWS! Yet to be fielded (this weekend) but I love the look! 

IMG_0069.thumb.jpg.84c2295a6fb146e1fcba74c4250d4198.jpg

One quick question - I have the black NPAS ready to install, but I am hitting 1.05-1.13J with a .32. Am I right in saying that the Black NPAS only lowers FPS/J's, and therefore, at this time no need to install? Also, does this J output with .32 seem right (stock but with brass nub and modify tan bucking). 

54 minutes ago, ash12 said:

And here is my MWS! Yet to be fielded (this weekend) but I love the look! 

IMG_0069.thumb.jpg.84c2295a6fb146e1fcba74c4250d4198.jpg

One quick question - I have the black NPAS ready to install, but I am hitting 1.05-1.13J with a .32. Am I right in saying that the Black NPAS only lowers FPS/J's, and therefore, at this time no need to install? Also, does this J output with .32 seem right (stock but with brass nub and modify tan bucking). 

The output on the NPAS will depend how you have it set, from “hardly trickling out the barrel” to “section5 firearm straight to jail” 😂

1.05-1.13J on a 0.32g is pretty good. I guess there is slight joule creep with the heavier ammo, as Japanese players don’t usually use anything over 0.25g / 1J limit.

40 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

The output on the NPAS will depend how you have it set, from “hardly trickling out the barrel” to “section5 firearm straight to jail” 😂

1.05-1.13J on a 0.32g is pretty good. I guess there is slight joule creep with the heavier ammo, as Japanese players don’t usually use anything over 0.25g / 1J limit.

So the black NPAS can increase FPS (for some reason, I thought it only went down). Using Abbey Predator Ultra. 

2 hours ago, ash12 said:

So the black NPAS can increase FPS (for some reason, I thought it only went down). Using Abbey Predator Ultra. 

At it’s shortest you will get more power, by extending it you will close the gap for gas to get to the barrel and drop the power.

On 22/09/2021 at 18:17, C-Diddy said:

Had a decent day on Saturday, spent mostly range testing my MWS for the first time. Have to say I was really pleased. Gun is completely stock standfast the SixG brass nub. Consistently hitting the 60m target with .30s, which, for me is ideal.

I did try some .36s but only managed 3-4 very sloppy shots before getting a stoppage every time. Any theories on why that may have happened? The BBs were Zero Blitzs. 

I use BLS 0.36 non bio and I never have any issues. I've never heard of Zero Blitzs, so I can't speak to their quality. Maybe try a bag of BLS 0.36 and see how you get on.