THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

I fitted the 9.3" HAO to my CQBR a couple of weeks ago. This is the gap between the rail and suppressor. Not ideal but liveable. Oh, and the rail is superbly made

I'm not quite sure what you were expecting when fitting a 9.3" rail on a 10.5" outer barrel? The repro SureFire cans need the clearance so the QD works properly, granted they're too chunky to sit 'in' the rail.

Entirely subjective at the end of the day, I think snug to rail/'internally suppressed' looks decidedly wank so I like having rail - outer barrel - suppressor... granted I'm not sure I've ever bothered with a suppressor on a GBBR. It's just extra weight and length at the front for zero gain.

Edited by alxndrhll

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I'm not quite sure what you were expecting when fitting a 9.3" rail on a 10.5" outer barrel? The repro SureFire cans need the clearance so the QD works properly, granted they're too chunky to sit 'in' the rail.

Entirely subjective at the end of the day, I think snug to rail/'internally suppressed' looks decidedly wank so I like having rail - outer barrel - suppressor... granted I'm not sure I've ever bothered with a suppressor on a GBBR. It's just extra weight and length at the front for zero gain.

Didn't say I was expecting anything different. It's just not as neat as I'd prefer, but I'm not upset about it. The rail is fantastic, as is the suppressor, which I've fitted purely for the look and no other reason. If you don't like them, don't get one.

45 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Didn't say I was expecting anything different. It's just not as neat as I'd prefer, but I'm not upset about it. The rail is fantastic, as is the suppressor, which I've fitted purely for the look and no other reason. If you don't like them, don't get one.

Thanks for the info! Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

What suppressor did you get?

39 minutes ago, ash12 said:

Thanks for the info! Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

What suppressor did you get?

No worries. The quality from HAO is tremendous and it was simple to install.

I got the Angry Gun SOCOM suppressor, which comes with a really nice flash hider too. Good bit of kit with a great finish and Surefire trades if you're bothered by that 

6 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Not that it makes a particularly big/any difference to what's being asked, but in the interest of ensuring accurate information the stock barrel in all versions of the MWS is 250mm.

Oh my bad.... what was I thinking of? I of all people should know better  🤪 of course it's 250mm and not 275mm 🙄

19 hours ago, TacticalPossum said:

I want to increase FPS, range, accuracy for DMR build. I'm looking at the Prometheus 370mm 6.03 and 6.00 Prometheus Power Barrel.
Does anyone here have experience of these and can give insight? Is the 6.00 too tight and will cause stuck BBs?

What FPS increase can one expect out of this upgrade?

Mine went from average of 330 on abbey predator at 20 degrees C to 368 on the same gas at around the same temp.  

Internals are stock except brass supernub, modify tan rubber and G&p roller for the BCG.

Be aware first shot of a fresh mag is high if you leave it to warm up.  Also, with Joule creep, using .36’s gives the equivalent of 410-415 FPS on .2’s.

On 13/09/2021 at 12:49, alxndrhll said:

Depends if you want to run tracer ammo.  

Hey guys and girls (maybe?),

I will soon be the proud owner of an MWS as well. This thread is a cave of wonder and awe for a GBBR and MWS newcomer as myself. It was a very entertaining and enlightening read while waiting for a chance to get one in Germany. I have looked to get a TM MWS since 2017 but there were not that many sold and up until now they were mostly with filed out markings (and still expensive). Now there finally was a chance to get a licensed one and I took it. It sold out in 3 days so I guess there are more desperate Germans out there. I used to plan on keeping it pretty stock but now I have so many plans. My wallet hates this thread for sure but I love it. 

I do have a couple of immediate questions for the TM MWS hive mind that were talked about but I am not sure what ended up to be the consensus or I simply didn't understand. 

I plan on using green gas and maybe switch to propane later and I think a reinforced spring set seems to be a good idea? Would this be good https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dynamic-precision-reinforced-aluminum-valve-blocker-for-marui-m4a1-mws ?

In addition I have read about the sixG High Speed Buffer Spacer and it seemed to be a good idea to save the buffer tube cap with stronger gases but I honestly didn't quite understand what the draw backs are if there are any?

I also want to put a QD plate on the end of the receiver since that would be my preferred attachment point. Ideally I would want it to be free moving to both sides as well. On page 177 RMDavis said he managed to fit an RS Magpul QD plate which is the only source I could find to support that possibility and many reviews that said RS plates won't fit because the MWS has an oval opening instead of round or something? Is there anybody here that has more experience with fitting a QD plate? I also saw there is an angrygun one for the MWS but there seems to be a lot of quality control issues. Somebody also suggested the PTS QD plates. Do they fit without mods and would be a better option maybe?

I am looking forward to learning and tinkering with the MWS in the future and will probably will run into problems along the way to it is really cool to have such a dedicated community to help out. 

Best regards,

Anubis

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hey guys and girls (maybe?),

I will soon be the proud owner of an MWS as well. This thread is a cave of wonder and awe for a GBBR and MWS newcomer as myself. It was a very entertaining and enlightening read while waiting for a chance to get one in Germany. I have looked to get a TM MWS since 2017 but there were not that many sold and up until now they were mostly with filed out markings (and still expensive). Now there finally was a chance to get a licensed one and I took it. It sold out in 3 days so I guess there are more desperate Germans out there. I used to plan on keeping it pretty stock but now I have so many plans. My wallet hates this thread for sure but I love it. 

I do have a couple of immediate questions for the TM MWS hive mind that were talked about but I am not sure what ended up to be the consensus or I simply didn't understand. 

I plan on using green gas and maybe switch to propane later and I think a reinforced spring set seems to be a good idea? Would this be good https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dynamic-precision-reinforced-aluminum-valve-blocker-for-marui-m4a1-mws ?

In addition I have read about the sixG High Speed Buffer Spacer and it seemed to be a good idea to save the buffer tube cap with stronger gases but I honestly didn't quite understand what the draw backs are if there are any?

I also want to put a QD plate on the end of the receiver since that would be my preferred attachment point. Ideally I would want it to be free moving to both sides as well. On page 177 RMDavis said he managed to fit an RS Magpul QD plate which is the only source I could find to support that possibility and many reviews that said RS plates won't fit because the MWS has an oval opening instead of round or something? Is there anybody here that has more experience with fitting a QD plate? I also saw there is an angrygun one for the MWS but there seems to be a lot of quality control issues. Somebody also suggested the PTS QD plates. Do they fit without mods and would be a better option maybe?

I am looking forward to learning and tinkering with the MWS in the future and will probably will run into problems along the way to it is really cool to have such a dedicated community to help out. 

Best regards,

Anubis

I installed the PTS QD plate yesterday. Perfect fit, no mods needed. 

You do not need to change any springs right away, certainly by a DP nozzle return spring - but keep it as a spare, the TM one will last a LOOOONG time regardless.

Most nozzle return spring failures occur because a different bucking has been fitted which has to small a entry hole / it is too fat - this holds on to the nozzle very tight causing the return spring to be stretched to the max all the time.

DP parts are good, and work well if TM is not available.

The HSB has no draw backs.

It is a great reliability and consistency mod.

There have been a couple of cases when people are using heavy bolts in conjunction with the HSB which leads to over compression of the buffer spring as both the TM spring and HSB were not designed around controlling that extra mass.

Having a couple issues with my MWS, it keeps switching between being fine and working inconsistently. The mags themselves seem to be filling fine but after the first couple of shots it starts to slow down rapidly as though there is barely any gas in the mags. Mags have been checked for leaks and the nozzle has been checked for damage andI don’t have a clue what it could be as I’m not experienced in repairing GBBRS, any help is greatly appreciated as I have a game tomorrow and I would love to use my mws again

1 minute ago, ConradHackett said:

Having a couple issues with my MWS, it keeps switching between being fine and working inconsistently. The mags themselves seem to be filling fine but after the first couple of shots it starts to slow down rapidly as though there is barely any gas in the mags. Mags have been checked for leaks and the nozzle has been checked for damage andI don’t have a clue what it could be as I’m not experienced in repairing GBBRS, any help is greatly appreciated as I have a game tomorrow and I would love to use my mws again

Couple of things to check:

If you have done the “green gas mod” to the mags, check that you are not over filling the mag with liquid gas.

Are the mags filling correctly? I tend to fill mine in 1-2s blasts, leave it to warm up, then do again. A 8-10s fill (in stages) is plenty for 100+ shots.

Is there an air lock in the mag? Give it a blast of gas while holding the release valve open, then try filling in stages again.

let us know how you get on

12 hours ago, ConradHackett said:

Mags have not had the GG mod as they’re all relatively new, no air lock in any of the mags and they all seem to fill correctly, with no overspray and quietly 

They shouldn’t fill quietly, do they have silent fill o-rings in them? That mod severely restricts the amount of gas you can get in the mag unless you press the outlet valve to purge them

On 14/09/2021 at 19:15, Davegolf said:

Yeh 330 with a 370mm.

You can wind them up too 450 with an Npas and power gas.

Go with 6.03, 6.00 is no good for dirt and accuracy.

Mine shoots exactly as well with 6.00 as it did with 6.03 tested at 50m on head size target and at 70m on person size object, no problems at all. same brand barrel, the joules just raises a bit. 

Hi guys, recently bought a new mws cqbr.

all mags seem to feed fine until I start shooting a little quicker on semi or closer to the end of the mag, I have to then put pressure at the bottom of the mag by hand, or reinsert mag to get the other shots off but I then have to do this for each shot. Seems like there’s enough gas though. I’m using Abby red gas 

Any ideas??

Could it be a nozzle spring related maybe?

Also, it seems as if it fires okay in full auto 

Edited by Markshar

Another snippet of info that might be useful;

TM 250mm barrel > CrazyJet 250mm barrel gains you about 10-15fps.

Now back to your scheduled program…

On 15/09/2021 at 06:52, TacticalPossum said:

I installed the PTS QD plate yesterday. Perfect fit, no mods needed. 

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yesterday mine arrived and I seem to have a little more trouble. Did you also get the version 2 variant? Did you leave the spacer plate in or switch it for the PTS Plate? Because with the spacer in the QD Swivels don't fit all the way into the opening because the spacer opening/QD Plate opening isn't deep enough.

If I leave the spacer plate out it feels not very secure though because the PTS Plate doesn't have the little nose that fit into the groove in the receiver. So it is pretty much secured by the castle nut pressure only and can move laterally. In addition the buffer tube isn't quite rotationally secured because the plate is also slightly too big and can disconnect from the buffer tube groove. I don't feel comfortable to use it to be honest.

Anybody has any experiences with other sling plates on the mws? I also found:

https://shop.jkarmy.com/artisan-sling-mount-plate-for-marui-tm-mws-gbbr.html

PTS Plate.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Had a decent day on Saturday, spent mostly range testing my MWS for the first time. Have to say I was really pleased. Gun is completely stock standfast the SixG brass nub. Consistently hitting the 60m target with .30s, which, for me is ideal.

I did try some .36s but only managed 3-4 very sloppy shots before getting a stoppage every time. Any theories on why that may have happened? The BBs were Zero Blitzs. 

On 21/09/2021 at 06:37, SSPKali said:

Another snippet of info that might be useful;

TM 250mm barrel > CrazyJet 250mm barrel gains you about 10-15fps.

Now back to your scheduled program…

I actually use a Crazy Jet barrel in my MK23 and goodness me it's frightening how good of an upgrade that little tube is...

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I actually use a Crazy Jet barrel in my MK23 and goodness me it's frightening how good of an upgrade that little tube is...

I have one in my WE G19 and it made a huge difference. Interesting to see how the std TM barrel compares (I am “downgrading” to the TM for power issues)