THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

There is always a very small amount of play, if you feel this is excessive then maybe return it for refund and buy another.

Lemons are few and far between but they do happen.

They are never ‘smash the pins in VFC tight’.

If you are talking about the only difference between any of the MWS guns - AKA the outer barrel length, then if you are using the gun sub 350 fps then the shorter 250mm CQBR is fine, if you potentially want to DMR it you will need a longer inner to boost fps circa 370mm.

Be aware that all MWS come with a 250mm barrel.

Hi all.

For some reason lost to me, I am acquiring a second MWS. This time the Block 1 CQBR which will be used as a base for a project I have.

Is the sling plate that holds the buffer tube in, Interchangeable between the block 1 and the standard M4A1 MWS?

I ask because the block 1 comes with a rather nice ASAP style sling plate which I want to swap with the standard A2 on my M4A1

Thanks.

7 hours ago, ash12 said:

For the hive mind - I am buying an MWS and like the size of the CQBR. Any pitfalls I should be aware of vs the M4A1 or MK18??

The MK18 seems to have a really tricky to remove rail, however some people have found a useful tool to get it off.

The standard M4A1 Rail is easier to remove and you can always add an aftermarket one with the correct adapter.

Internally they should be the same.

Edited by gunbod007

On 03/09/2021 at 15:58, Joe142 said:

Hi all, I have the g&p V2 buffer but it is too tight in the stock Marui buffer tube, I don’t really wanna modify the buffer so would any other tube fit the V2 buffer? 

Hi Joe

I have a V2 buffer as a spare and I just ground about 1mm off each of the sides of the wide end using a diamond file.  I then tidied it up using wet and dry with some gun oil.  It’s really easy to do.  Just make sure not to get metal filings in your MWS.  Clean it off before every test fit.

cheers

Sean

13 hours ago, ash12 said:

Just bought a load of brand new MWS magazines, but none have the number 2 at the bottom. Is this still a thing, and should I return/hold out for them? From reading this thread, the Gen 2 mags are better with gas retention? 

The number 2 is engraved underneath the bottom plate….watch out for the mag spring when you take it off!

The Gen2 mags seem to give better gas efficiency with out the need to trim the fill tube. Nothing to do with gas retention.

Edited by SSPKali

I’ve been testing the G&P 46rd PMAGs for a few days now and thought I’d give a quick write up on here. I got a chance to use them all day in CQB so I feel confident in their capabilities in the short term.

First impression: “boy this thing sure is long”. The magazine locks positively into the MTR16 lower, however it does not fall freely every time and likely needs wearing in. I’m able to load 46 rounds consistently using an Odin and the Airsoft Tailoring MWS adapter, however it is a little more finicky than the stanags and does not load as easily. I’ll need to pre-emptively pick up a rebuild kit for my Odin just in case…

I loaded them up with a 12-15 second fill of Ultrair green gas but didn’t bother weighing them since I don’t carry a scale around with me. I was easily able to rattle off the full 46 rounds at 20°C ambient temps in semi only, which is no huge feat but is a minimum requirement for me since I primarily play semi-only CQB. My CQB games tend to be fairly short form, lasting roughly 15-30 minutes, and I honestly found myself struggling to get through even two of these 46rd mags in one game.  

The main question people ask seems to be if having a long ass magazine causes any issues in game, and I can say that for my use case, which is really tight CQB with obstacles everywhere, it did not feel any different to the stanags. The only time I noticed the extra length was when putting them into my dump pouch as they would nearly protrude from the top. As far as I am concerned, I am more than happy to accept this in return for a 30% increase in round capacity.  

So for now, I can recommend these if you can get over the look. Once I’ve had more time with them, I’ll be able to vouch for their longevity too I’m sure. 

40550313-2781-409F-8862-23DE445BFD11.jpeg

2 hours ago, ash12 said:

9.3 vs 10.5 for a CQBR - it seems like the TAO 9.3 is the more popular, but it is out of stock! Will the 10.5 extend too far? 

I dare say you need to elaborate a bit given how vague this is, but reading between the lines I'm assuming you're asking about the 'right' length of a HAO MK16 rail? Either is fine, if you're sticking with a 10.5" outer barrel I'd go for the 9.3, if you're picking up an 11.5" barrel from HAO while you're there then the 10.5 is fine. Unless you're fucking about with the internals you're running a 250mm inner barrel in either case, so ultimately it's what do you like the look of more 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by alxndrhll

37 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I dare say you need to elaborate a bit given how vague this is, but reading between the lines I'm assuming you're asking about the 'right' length of a HAO MK16 rail? Either is fine, if you're sticking with a 10.5" outer barrel I'd go for the 9.3, if you're picking up an 11.5" barrel from HAO while you're there then the 10.5 is fine. Unless you're fucking about with the internals you're running a 250mm inner barrel in either case, so ultimately it's what do you like the look of more 🤷‍♂️.

Yes, sorry! But you were super helpful even with vague detail! I’m looking to stick with the current outer, and won’t change the inner. 

The 9.3 is out of stock in black, so I guess I’ll have to demonstrate patience!!

On 07/09/2021 at 12:31, Davegolf said:

Read back, if you want a MK18, buy a CQBR and fit a MK18 rail kit. Dont get the TM MK18.

Read Back? You been on the whiskey again? 😅😂🤣 

Edited by AlphaBear

On 06/09/2021 at 19:02, TacticalPossum said:

I just received my brand new MWS and unboxed it. Noticed there's quite a bit of play between the upper and the lower receiver. The upper does not sit tight against the lower.. Is there anything one can do to remedy this and make it abit tighter?

They all do that. There is a wee gap/play, I'd say a mm, between the upper and lower receiver. It's just the way the MWS is put together. The MWS is designed as a quick release breakdown which is why the locking pin isn't super tight. I'd not worry about... Just enjoy the rifle and have a blast...

Permission to come aboard folks?

After spending the last couple of weeks reading all 350 odd pages of this thread, yes 350 odd, my browser crashed somewhere around the mid 100’s. So I thought well it won’t do any harm to read everything from the start again so I don’t miss anything 😉

I managed to pick up my MWS from @GothicGhost on here on the 10th August, along with a few other bits he had as well. You can probably excommunicate him from this thread now 🤣

This is a pic of it as he had put it back to stock and in the advert:

99280535_MyM4MWSasperGothicGhostsadvert.thumb.jpg.d5f717718880b2f4bd3cc0b9bf7d768e.jpg

I have since upgraded it and added @davegolf’s awesome SixG Super nub (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2018/03/11/sixg-super-nub-for-marui-gbbr/) and have his HSB (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2019/07/07/sixg-hsb-high-speed-buffer/) on order as well.

I also swapped to the Modify Tan bucking and the inner barrel to the G&P Marui MWS V 330mm one that I picked up with it.

With a few other external mods and another 3 mags, it now looks like this and I love it

29386620_13-09-2021MyTMM4A1MWS.thumb.jpg.006f976433dd633fc2f9c5503ddb65ed.jpg

Thank you for everyone that has contributed to this amazing thread so far!

23 minutes ago, Panama said:

Permission to come aboard folks?

After spending the last couple of weeks reading all 350 odd pages of this thread, yes 350 odd, my browser crashed somewhere around the mid 100’s. So I thought well it won’t do any harm to read everything from the start again so I don’t miss anything 😉

I managed to pick up my MWS from @GothicGhost on here on the 10th August, along with a few other bits he had as well. You can probably excommunicate him from this thread now 🤣

This is a pic of it as he had put it back to stock and in the advert:

99280535_MyM4MWSasperGothicGhostsadvert.thumb.jpg.d5f717718880b2f4bd3cc0b9bf7d768e.jpg

I have since upgraded it and added @davegolf’s awesome SixG Super nub (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2018/03/11/sixg-super-nub-for-marui-gbbr/) and have his HSB (https://sixgunsmithing.com/2019/07/07/sixg-hsb-high-speed-buffer/) on order as well.

I also swapped to the Modify Tan bucking and the inner barrel to the G&P Marui MWS V 330mm one that I picked up with it.

With a few other external mods and another 3 mags, it now looks like this and I love it

29386620_13-09-2021MyTMM4A1MWS.thumb.jpg.006f976433dd633fc2f9c5503ddb65ed.jpg

Thank you for everyone that has contributed to this amazing thread so far!

Welcome to the MWS crazy... Firstly well done on reading all the posts.... there's a lot of information floating around on this thread. Yes it can be daunting but the end result will pay dividends... What FPS are you getting with the 330mm inner barrel. Surely that's gonna bump up the FPS by a fair amount compared to the stock 275mm barrel.

Oh, your MWS looks epic! Nice choice of furniture :)

4 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Welcome to the MWS crazy... Firstly well done on reading all the posts.... there's a lot of information floating around on this thread. Yes it can be daunting but the end result will pay dividends... What FPS are you getting with the 330mm inner barrel. Surely that's gonna bump up the FPS by a fair amount compared to the stock 275mm barrel.

Oh, your MWS looks epic! Nice choice of furniture :)

Thank you.

Using 0.32g bb's it equates to about 330 fps with 0.2g bb's, so perfect.

11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Not that it makes a particularly big/any difference to what's being asked, but in the interest of ensuring accurate information the stock barrel in all versions of the MWS is 250mm.

Agreed. It does stick out of the flash hider slightly but as I always run with a suppressor, just like the look if nothing else, it seems to work OK in this case to edge the fps a tad closer to 350.

5 minutes ago, Panama said:

Agreed. It does stick out of the flash hider slightly but as I always run with a suppressor, just like the look if nothing else, it seems to work OK in this case to edge the fps a tad closer to 350.

I imagine the temperature will have a lot to say in whether you're within the limits, so make sure you have a variety of pressured gasses with you/fit an NPAS to avoid disappointment at the chrono.

18 hours ago, ash12 said:

Yes, sorry! But you were super helpful even with vague detail! I’m looking to stick with the current outer, and won’t change the inner. 

The 9.3 is out of stock in black, so I guess I’ll have to demonstrate patience!!

I fitted the 9.3" HAO to my CQBR a couple of weeks ago. This is the gap between the rail and suppressor. Not ideal but liveable. Oh, and the rail is superbly made 20210903_185105.thumb.jpg.835c695c6dd78b8885038c702ff92b88.jpg