THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

34 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Arma players be like: I better take enough magazines with me, In case i run  out: arma

That's crazy!! That antenna is gonna go right up his gonker if he falls! 😄

Regards 

34 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Edited by Shamal

Hi all, anyone run the G&P bolt carrier group? I’ve used it and love it but it’s only really good for my dmr setup I’m building as when installed I get 1.55J output, when the stock bolt is in it drops significantly to around 1/1.1J, not sure if anyone else has had that with theirs? 

Also anyone got any experience with the RA tech NPAS? 

Hey I got a reply from Gunsmodify’s customer support (wrote to them earlier this spring..) 

They said that they are planning to release their Pmag in September ( this year ) 

Edited by Hypokondrikern
Wasn’t clear what year the pmag will be released

35 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Hey I got a reply from Gunsmodify’s customer support (wrote to them earlier this spring..) 

They said that they are planning to release their Pmag in September ( this year ) 

PMAGS 🙌🏼  The only question is will they be as good as the Marui mags? 

What’s the difference in the PMAGS to the stock Marui mags? I assume they’re lighter?

10 hours ago, Joe142 said:

Hi all, anyone run the G&P bolt carrier group? I’ve used it and love it but it’s only really good for my dmr setup I’m building as when installed I get 1.55J output, when the stock bolt is in it drops significantly to around 1/1.1J, not sure if anyone else has had that with theirs? 

Also anyone got any experience with the RA tech NPAS? 

Others have found that it gives higher power.

I have used a RA Tech NPAS in a TM nozzle / bolt and found it pretty good at dropping the FPS. You need the black one, as the silver (WE) one is too fat to fit.

I would check what is in the G&P nozzle to start with as they might have used the 3 position valve stopper (or get one for £9 from Firesupport) as this can be used to alter the FPS too.

9 hours ago, Jan Mulder said:

hey i'm new here. does anyone have a spare bolt? for sale? Does anyone have any tips on how I can best use a mws for milsim? And do I need to bring any spare parts? I now use aeg but was still looking for more realism. I did the green gas mod. have 6 mags.A5C3200F-78C8-46B4-A239-9A14B0C7BDBF.thumb.jpeg.03abf1c92e8fc1eabaa5a741e77896d7.jpeg

A spare nozzle and nozzle spring would be the minimum, I usually take a spare complete nozzle (easier to swap out) or complete bolt (even faster to change)

Other than that taking the AEG as insurance might be a good move. I have found the MWS to be very reliable but if you have travelled to the other end of the country and still have 23hrs of game play left if would suck to not have a rifle!

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

I have used a RA Tech NPAS in a TM nozzle / bolt and found it pretty good at dropping the FPS. You need the black one, as the silver (WE) one is too fat to fit.

I would check what is in the G&P nozzle to start with as they might have used the 3 position valve stopper (or get one for £9 from Firesupport) as this can be used to alter the FPS too.

A spare nozzle and nozzle spring would be the minimum, I usually take a spare complete nozzle (easier to swap out) or complete bolt (even faster to change)

Other than that taking the AEG as insurance might be a good move. I have found the MWS to be very reliable but if you have travelled to the other end of the country and still have 23hrs of game play left if would suck to not have a rifle!

Is the angry gun bolt carrier group any good? I’ve searched everywere forma stock tm bolt.

5 hours ago, Jan Mulder said:

Is the angry gun bolt carrier group any good? I’ve searched everywere forma stock tm bolt.

I’ve not heard very brilliant things about angry gun but haven’t tried any of their parts personally, I’ve just been told by a few to stay clear, personally I love the g&p bolt carrier, not had any problems with it yet but as I say it does increase FPS quite considerably in my case so may need an npas to make it site legal 

7 hours ago, SSPKali said:
18 hours ago, Joe142 said:

Awesome thank you buddy I’ll take apart the g&p and take a closer look at the parts inside, I don’t believe it has a valve stopper but I’ll take a look, can the valve stopper be adjusted to do the same job as an Npas? 

Probably not on the current topic, but how long does the gas route seal hold? mine is starting to wear down and i can see some damage on it...  is it normal?

20210816_171543.jpg

is there anything to be done apart from changing it? is my G&P nozzle causing this?

Also should i order RIW T8 mag gaskets (cant find TM's anywhere in stock) for replacement ?

Edited by TadsJ2

1 hour ago, Joe142 said:

I’ve not heard very brilliant things about angry gun but haven’t tried any of their parts personally, I’ve just been told by a few to stay clear, personally I love the g&p bolt carrier, not had any problems with it yet but as I say it does increase FPS quite considerably in my case so may need an npas to make it site legal 

Awesome thank you buddy I’ll take apart the g&p and take a closer look at the parts inside, I don’t believe it has a valve stopper but I’ll take a look, can the valve stopper be adjusted to do the same job as an Npas? 

The G&P adjustable stop has 3 different holes for the thin cross screw so it adjusts how far forward the valve sits and thus the power.

I was getting 180fps / 260fps / 290fps on green gas and 0.30g BBs at 18degC on the low/mid/high settings IIRC. Stock TM bolt/nozzle/etc

On 20/05/2021 at 21:46, Recoil_ said:

@AlphaBear
I can confirm that this barrel wrench, with a light tap, fits into the rail barrel nut like a dream! Getting everything off with loctite is no picnic, you'll need to apply heat with a hairdryer for a few minutes to loosen the nut

No need to ship from the states is a bonus.

https://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Barrel-Nut-Wrench-p/tc22-wrpro.htm

ordered. lets see how this goes. gotta stop buying stuff though

23 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

The G&P adjustable stop has 3 different holes for the thin cross screw so it adjusts how far forward the valve sits and thus the power.

I was getting 180fps / 260fps / 290fps on green gas and 0.30g BBs at 18degC on the low/mid/high settings IIRC. Stock TM bolt/nozzle/etc

Amazing thank you, I’ll take the bolt apart hopefully tonight and investigate further, do you have any pics of the adjustable stop at all? If not it’s no dramas just would be good to have something for reference 😁 don’t worry if not though, wouldn’t want you to go out your way to take any 😂

1 hour ago, TadsJ2 said:

Probably not on the current topic, but how long does the gas route seal hold? mine is starting to wear down and i can see some damage on it...  is it normal?

20210816_171543.jpg

is there anything to be done apart from changing it? is my G&P nozzle causing this?

Also should i order RIW T8 mag gaskets (cant find TM's anywhere in stock) for replacement ?

How many rounds are we looking at on those gas routes?

It does look like the G&P nozzle rides lower, but in a wierd way, do you have a pic of the G&P nozzle / gas route mating face?

I would stick to TM gas routes, put a request in with Impulse101 and they will order in.

11 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

Amazing thank you, I’ll take the bolt apart hopefully tonight and investigate further, do you have any pics of the adjustable stop at all? If not it’s no dramas just would be good to have something for reference 😁 don’t worry if not though, wouldn’t want you to go out your way to take any 😂

The three prongs and 3 different screw holes (can see 2 in pic, at different levels) are a dead give away.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-mws-gbb-adjustable-piston-valve

FCE015D8-F501-4D33-9DF7-62BDBE12146C.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

How many rounds are we looking at on those gas routes?

It does look like the G&P nozzle rides lower, but in a wierd way, do you have a pic of the G&P nozzle / gas route mating face?

I would stick to TM gas routes, put a request in with Impulse101 and they will order in.

>How many rounds - hard to say... lets say a 1000each

Wrote a request to Impulse101...
Well i measured the TM og nozzle and G&P nozzle's 
this part image.png.59d18906f8a312f70eaf3d4f112fde91.png

Seems that G&P nozzle is a little bit more protruding -> so i've sanded it a little
I will try to make a photo, but its sanded already

20210816_192655.jpg

Sorry if this is not the angles you wanted to see, should i try to photo it from a different angle ?

20210816_192659.jpg

Edited by TadsJ2

50 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Thats what i thought, its the BB loader thats damaging the gas routes on the G&P nozzle, sand it back so it matches the height of the TM nozzle

thank you Dave ;)

7 hours ago, Joe142 said:

Thanks! I am looking for a original tm bolt. Best way for quick change👍

Yes this is absolutely normal after enough rounds. red gas will just speed up the process.

On 16/08/2021 at 09:05, Jan Mulder said:

I have one for lack of better option (John Wick fde no.) (eagle 6 has been  out for over a year now) looks a bit flimsier and had a fold up hammer reset block but is quite light and improves gas usage and accuracy believe it or not!

Point to note if you are not getting a complete bolt and just the BCG, some sealing buffers will not work in it I recommend using a dp enhanced sealing buffer (green one) as the TM and some of the angry gun ones drag like mad in there. Fire support were very kind in sending me a selection of which I went with a DP enhanced.