THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

11 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Yeah that what I was thinking as the stock one pretty light.

I guess then my other concern if I was to DMR the gun to  I would need to replace the plastic buffer with a stronger one ?

I do not think it makes a big difference, but the plastic buffer mostly does not last forever. But there are other plastic buffer similar to TM but stronger.

The standard plastic buffer is perfectly fine, you just need a stronger buffer spring to manage the forces.

A metal buffer is not good for anything long term.

I'm happy to share that after dealing with an atrocious overhop issue, I finally got my MWS shooting straight! I think the main issue was within the hop adjuster unit. The spring that put tension on the hop dial was not tough enough to keep it from turning, so vibrations from firing the gun or releasing the bolt catch would cause the dial to turn by itself.

I bought the adjustment unit made by Guns Modify, which had a much tougher spring. I kept the original dial installed, as the aftermarket one was not cut out enough to apply enough hop. Though it is much more difficult to turn the dial, it keeps a zero pretty effiently. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this issue, as mine might have been a defect. Nevertheless I an proud to bring this beauty on to the field.

20210803_105730.jpg

On 31/07/2021 at 23:44, AlphaBear said:

Going back to the topic of the MWS green gas mod... Is there any specific length the gas tube should be cut off? 

Cut mine 15mm past the valve top by making a bench hook and using the same hacksaw 'kerf' to ensure some sort of consistency over all my mags by having the syphon tubes exactly the same.

On 01/08/2021 at 20:35, GothicGhost said:

Does anyone have any experience with fixed stock kits?

Would the metal buffer slow down the fire rate and the snappy response I have with stock mws?

Also what the three black bits and clear tube for?

Thank you.

Screenshot_4.png.1d1700e0e19effe9646f055f1ec21f9d.png

The three weights are for inside the buffer and the tube is to take up the slack.

3 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Cut mine 15mm past the valve top by making a bench hook and using the same hacksaw 'kerf' to ensure some sort of consistency over all my mags by having the syphon tubes exactly the same.

The three weights are for inside the buffer and the tube is to take up the slack.

Thank you very much.

Guest Airsoft J2

There were a few requests for pics of the Hao L119A2 MWS kit. I’m getting ahead of myself because my AFG still isn’t arrived but this is the gun as it stands. 

My garden is too short to do anything other than basic checks but everything seems to work. With the stock bolt it’s at 0.9J (310fps on 0.2s). The Laylax strike arm seems as good as the nub was on my other MWS but hard to tell at this stage. 

External Parts

• Hao L119A2 kit for MWS

• Tokyo Marui M4A1 donor gun

• Magpul MOE Grip

• Magpul CTR stock

• Magpul ¼’” Riser

• Magpul AFG 2 (not pictured)

• Magpul MOE trigger guard

• Magpul ASAP plate

• Magpul RSA (not pictured)

• Aimpoint T2*

• Aimpoint Micro 39mm riser

• Aimpoint Micro LRP mount

• Aimpoint 3x Magnifier*

• Aimpoint Magnifier Twist Mount and spacer

• PEQ-15*

• WMLx 

Internals:

• Angry Gun NPAS bolt

• Angry Gun High Speed Buffer

• Angry Gun High Speed Bolt Carrier

• Laylax Strike Hop Arm

• Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel

3EE1C292-86B3-4A10-ADE2-80E12C3A7A83.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Airsoft J2 said:

There were a few requests for pics of the Hao L119A2 MWS kit. I’m getting ahead of myself because my AFG still isn’t arrived but this is the gun as it stands. 

My garden is too short to do anything other than basic checks but everything seems to work. With the stock bolt it’s at 0.9J (310fps on 0.2s). The Laylax strike arm seems as good as the nub was on my other MWS but hard to tell at this stage. 

External Parts

• Hao L119A2 kit for MWS

• Tokyo Marui M4A1 donor gun

• Magpul MOE Grip

• Magpul CTR stock

• Magpul ¼’” Riser

• Magpul AFG 2 (not pictured)

• Magpul MOE trigger guard

• Magpul ASAP plate

• Magpul RSA (not pictured)

• Aimpoint T2*

• Aimpoint Micro 39mm riser

• Aimpoint Micro LRP mount

• Aimpoint 3x Magnifier*

• Aimpoint Magnifier Twist Mount and spacer

• PEQ-15*

• WMLx 

Internals:

• Angry Gun NPAS bolt

• Angry Gun High Speed Buffer

• Angry Gun High Speed Bolt Carrier

• Laylax Strike Hop Arm

• Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel

3EE1C292-86B3-4A10-ADE2-80E12C3A7A83.jpeg

You gotta love RS steel optics.... :) the rest of the RIF ain't too bad either ;)

I'm rolling with a UNITY Fast most at the moment. I'm actually finding it better than the 1/3 co-witness. Target acquisition is so much faster too which is a bonus, although it takes a little time getting used to your new head position.

Guest Airsoft J2
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

You gotta love RS steel optics.... :) the rest of the RIF ain't too bad either ;)

I'm rolling with a UNITY Fast most at the moment. I'm actually finding it better than the 1/3 co-witness. Target acquisition is so much faster too which is a bonus, although it takes a little time getting used to your new head position.

Thanks! The optics themselves are actually replicas- the mounts are real though!

1 hour ago, Airsoft J2 said:

Thanks! The optics themselves are actually replicas- the mounts are real though!

It was the mounts I saw which made me assume the optics were real :). It’s a lovely build! Period. 

On 04/08/2021 at 02:13, Hypokondrikern said:

@TadsJ2

Any triggerbox should work with the SLR kit. But as with anything in airsoft you can't know for sure and even the most expensive kits might need a bit of modding. 

yeah, i dig the looks so much, probably gonna grab SLR kit for mws when i will be grabbing SLR kit for AKM 

@TadsJ2 let me know when you want to get rid of the empty receiver. 

MWS oracle, there's something that has puzzled me for hours today. I insert a mag in my CQBR lower. No problem. With the upper and lower assembled ( note without BCG ), the mag release gets really stiff and sometimes doesn't fully reseat itself on the selector side ( i.e it doesn't become flush with the receiver ), I have to push it back into position. Also releasing the mag is stiff and requires a lot of force. 

I tried to pair the CQBR lower with my MWS upper and MWS lower with CQBR upper. No problems. Mag release has equal amounts of revolutions tightened on both rifles. Yet problems emerge as I put together CQBR upper and lower...
Any idea of what it could be? 

(They are painted differently, thus no easy fix of combining MWS and CQBR for two working rifles...)

Edit @RMDavis

I can see that you had a similar problem last year. How's the rifle today?

Edited by Hypokondrikern

TO THOSE WHO OWN A G&P ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER

Has anyone been able to sort out the trigger reset issue on this trigger? 

Mine just started acting up the other day. As others have stated previously, the trigger will fire on semi and then will get stuck in the rearward position -- not reseting forward. 

Any solutions here or should I just go back to the stock trigger? Huge disappointment so far... 

22 hours ago, medellin said:

Mine just started acting up the other day. As others have stated previously, the trigger will fire on semi and then will get stuck in the rearward position -- not reseting forward. 

Any solutions here or should I just go back to the stock trigger? Huge disappointment so far... 

What lube are you using in it? Seems that they can be picky about heavier oils and greases. I use Locksmiths graphite spray (Amazon or your local locksmiths) as it is super slick and dry so doesn't pick up dirt. The other issue is that the spring tension on a lot of the trigger parts is offset to one side making the parts twist and bind, might be worth stripping down and seeing if opposite corners of any parts are showing wear (and everything is running smooth, can re-assemble with no springs to check everything plays nice with its neighbours)

41 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

What lube are you using in it? Seems that they can be picky about heavier oils and greases. I use Locksmiths graphite spray (Amazon or your local locksmiths) as it is super slick and dry so doesn't pick up dirt. The other issue is that the spring tension on a lot of the trigger parts is offset to one side making the parts twist and bind, might be worth stripping down and seeing if opposite corners of any parts are showing wear (and everything is running smooth, can re-assemble with no springs to check everything plays nice with its neighbours)

Thanks the the response. I have not lubed it at all since I opened the package and installed it.

On 05/08/2021 at 21:41, medellin said:

As @SSPKali has said, over time the part work harden and develop little burrs as material gets pushed around.

A strip down, file / deburr / wet sand, clean and re lube are the answer.

This will leave you with a better than new action.

The standard trigger can be pretty nice.

Edited by Davegolf

On 03/08/2021 at 15:08, Davegolf said:

The standard plastic buffer is perfectly fine, you just need a stronger buffer spring to manage the forces.

A metal buffer is not good for anything long term.

Name on spring?

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So now there are gen 3 MWS mags? What the actual #bleep#. There’s a post on the Facebook group if anyone is interested. 

which group? I don’t see it in the tm ngrs&mws group?

It’s the Tokyo Marui Airsoft Community NGRS/GBB/GBBR. Post by German Vazquez. 

I’d post a pic up but it seems I’ve reached a limit 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMInfoGroup/permalink/1203779930125459/

Here’s the link 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

It’s the Tokyo Marui Airsoft Community NGRS/GBB/GBBR. Post by German Vazquez. 

I’d post a pic up but it seems I’ve reached a limit 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMInfoGroup/permalink/1203779930125459/

Here’s the link 

Ah! yeah, I see it now 😎👍

hmmm I wonder if it’s just a mod as they maybe ran out of the older parts??? Or they may be cheaper???

either way the gas tube looks the same across all 3 off them …. Might have to GG mod my v2’s now

Got this today & 3 extra mags. Will spend time this week installing a bcm grip, brass nub and some other external parts.

How many mags do folks generally run for a day? I’m thinking if I grab one more to take it to 5 in total, that should be enough.

F5602DD0-245A-43BE-8AD0-790E86D929E6.jpeg