THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Guys, me and my fellow airsofters in my country tried the new Begadi VSR5 60degrees nub with omega tensioner - can confirm its better than ML 2021 Decepticon 60/70 degrees -  shots are more consistent, fly trajectory is flatter - can recommend to try it out!  

https://www.begadi.com/begadi-pro-60-vsr5-r-hop-bucking-gummi-air-sealed-fuer-ca-5mm-lauffenster-blau.html

Edited by TadsJ2

I'm having a mare trying to find a replacement spring for the hop up adjustment wheel. All the usual outlets are out of stock and I'm getting desperate now. 

Does anyone know where I could pick one up, or perhaps have one themselves they'd be willing to sell me? Screenshot_20210725-233958_Chrome.thumb.jpg.27faf3ac6cba771701735609fbda4df5.jpg

Update on #maggate

So I found my dodgy magazine and tried to load bbs again using the Marui XL loader. Same thing happened. Some bbs got stuck. The Marui XL struggles to load the mags so I thought I’d just use the loading rod that comes with the MWS and voila. No sticking bbs. I mean what the actual fcuk! Maybe I hand technique is a little suspect? 😂

Anyone else had problems with the Marui  XL loader? I’m thinking of taking the O ring out of the bottom of the loader and trying to load the bbs again. See if that works 

How new is the mag? I find the MWS mags all start off a bit stiff at first when speed loading.

The extra mechanical advantage of the loading rod really helps for new mags.

Well new as in only had 100 to 150 bbs in it if that. In fact, loading them all is a chore with the XL speed loader. I really have to push down on the plunger and the loading isn’t smooth in any of them to be honest. Maybe the rod way will help for a few more games. 

18 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Anyone else had problems with the Marui  XL loader? I’m thinking of taking the O ring out of the bottom of the loader and trying to load the bbs again. See if that works 

Same problem here, there is an uneasy cracking from the XL loader itself and filling up my Prowin / SAA mags with bbs is everything but quick and effortless. I was a tad disappointed as the XL loader has a quite revered status in this part of the forum ( and not that cheap ). My conclusion was that it's perfect for OG mags while aftermarket springs are too heavy on it. Your report + an individual from the local field have me doubting on the XL. He had more luck with the small loaders from TM. 

Holy Jesus, just finished reading the full 216 pages 😂

Here's my newish MWS - started life as a 14 inch M4A1, but just swapped out the barrel for the 10.3.  I'd originally planned for it to be a project gun, with my GHK MK18 remaining my primary, but it's just so good I think the TM has usurped the GHK!

The plan will be an L119A1/C8 CQB inspired build, so if anyone has any suggestions or advice I'm all ears. I'll be keeping the internal stock (except the SixG nub which is already in there).

IMG_1269.jpeg

18 minutes ago, lokkers said:

Holy Jesus, just finished reading the full 216 pages 😂

Here's my newish MWS - started life as a 14 inch M4A1, but just swapped out the barrel for the 10.3.  I'd originally planned for it to be a project gun, with my GHK MK18 remaining my primary, but it's just so good I think the TM has usurped the GHK!

The plan will be an L119A1/C8 CQB inspired build, so if anyone has any suggestions or advice I'm all ears. I'll be keeping the internal stock (except the SixG nub which is already in there).

IMG_1269.jpeg

Nice, how far down the L119 path do you want to go ? Very minimum i would say is , Storm pistol grip, correct stock and barrel shortened to 10"  Then you can get realy into it and have the correct machining done on the upper reciever and on the buffer tube ! 🤣 

Edited by Nick G

Just now, Nick G said:

Nice, how far down the L119 path do you want to go ? Very minimum i would say is , Storm pistol grip and stock, barrel shortened to 10"  Then you can get realy into it and have the correct machining done on the upper reciever and on the buffer tube ! 🤣 

I know, it's a very deep rabbit hole to go down! I'll probably draw the line at the correct trades - I'm aiming for a ten foot build (i.e., from 10 feet away you probably can't tell... 🤫). Planning to get the barrel shortened and the FSP lug ground down, and got my eye on a CAR-15 stock from Brownells.  The pistol grip might end up as something more modern though - I can't stand grips with the nub, because I have small child-like hands 😂

5 minutes ago, lokkers said:

I know, it's a very deep rabbit hole to go down! I'll probably draw the line at the correct trades - I'm aiming for a ten foot build (i.e., from 10 feet away you probably can't tell... 🤫). Planning to get the barrel shortened and the FSP lug ground down, and got my eye on a CAR-15 stock from Brownells.  The pistol grip might end up as something more modern though - I can't stand grips with the nub, because I have small child-like hands 😂

Lol The storm grip is very comfy to use , black ergo grip as seen on the A2 would work. That build should look pretty damn good. Had an interesting moment at the local site a few weeks back when I was up there testing my 119 on their chrono . Chap walked out of the game zone strolled past and did a classic cartoon type double take from 10 or 12 feet away 'whose is the C8 ? where did you get a C8 ?' every one else at the sight thinks its a bloody M4 🤣 TBF I have gone a looong way down the path with it though .

8 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Same problem here, there is an uneasy cracking from the XL loader itself and filling up my Prowin / SAA mags with bbs is everything but quick and effortless. I was a tad disappointed as the XL loader has a quite revered status in this part of the forum ( and not that cheap ). My conclusion was that it's perfect for OG mags while aftermarket springs are too heavy on it. Your report + an individual from the local field have me doubting on the XL. He had more luck with the small loaders from TM. 

I second using the smaller pistol loader!! It actually loads the mags much better. I think what it is that it's easier to grip and the plunger mechanism just feels a tad more robust than the XL. I'll use my other XL (the one without the O ring) and see what happens... Otherwise just call me Mr ROD :D

42 minutes ago, lokkers said:

The Magpul grips work well. They are slimmer too so will help with your erm small child like hands :D

32 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Lol The storm grip is very comfy to use , black ergo grip as seen on the A2 would work. That build should look pretty damn good. Had an interesting moment at the local site a few weeks back when I was up there testing my 119 on their chrono . Chap walked out of the game zone strolled past and did a classic cartoon type double take from 10 or 12 feet away 'whose is the C8 ? where did you get a C8 ?' every one else at the sight thinks its a bloody M4 🤣 TBF I have gone a looong way down the path with it though .

Yeah considering the Ergo - mate has one coming for his GHK URGI, so I'll see if I like it.

Would love to see some pics of your L119A1 if you've got any!

5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

The Magpul grips work well. They are slimmer too so will help with your erm small child like hands :D

Was also considering the MOE+! Similar in profile to the A2 I think, but without the nub.  I've got a BCM Gunfighter on the GHK, which is lovely, but not correct enough for this build.

11 minutes ago, lokkers said:

Yeah considering the Ergo - mate has one coming for his GHK URGI, so I'll see if I like it.

Would love to see some pics of your L119A1 if you've got any!

Was also considering the MOE+! Similar in profile to the A2 I think, but without the nub.  I've got a BCM Gunfighter on the GHK, which is lovely, but not correct enough for this build.

MOE would probably work.

Pic from the last game day, must look for the others I've got of it. Mine is actually WE based , has trades, all the correct milling on the upper (front edge , extra slot and cut away over charging handle) and on the buffer tube (threads removed). Barrel shortened and lug removed. Buffer tube, stock, mag catch and fore grip are all R/S and I have a correct DIS for it. I also modded the lower KAC rail section so it appears to have the second securing system to match the one on the top section. 91812671_119Survival.thumb.jpg.f4552b4d42ec080949d171b1a4824dfa.jpg

Hello all,

I'm currently running a MWS cqbr block 1 with standard handguard system and a low profile gasblock. I would like to replace this to something less bulky using carbon fiber.
Anyone has any experience with this?

- What should I be looking for in attaching to the upper (without the freefload stuff ofc)?
- What length would work? I don't mind the silencer hiding abit inside the handguard.
- what to do with the gasblock and "gas" cable? currently using a low profile gasblock.
- how does it make the barrel not wobble without the gasblock being attached to the handguard? (I have KA silencer/tracer).

Some models I like:
https://lancer-systems.com/product/lch5-carbon-handguard/
https://codaevolution.com/products/lightning-carbon-fiber-handguard

Thank you in advance.

Kr,

Jonas

4 hours ago, sp00n said:

Just picked up this bad boy TM MWS AKM

it feels so solid, sounds great, really accurate (only tested on a short range) …. Now too see if it needs a super nub 😎1F967341-2C2D-46B1-92CF-519EF5FBB38B.thumb.jpeg.18e36bf3b108d974d0d54f95978befe9.jpeg

That was you on Facebook then 😂. By the way is that a CQB site in the background or just some dodgy derelict factory?  

• Supporters
9 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

That was you on Facebook then 😂. By the way is that a CQB site in the background or just some dodgy derelict factory?  

Dodgy derelict I am afraid 🤣

20 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Anywhere's a cqb site if you're not a pussy 😂

31 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Just a quick FYI for new AKM owners … your gunna have to cut down the gas tube …. It’s quite a monster!! 😱😱😱😱

B2464302-A9B8-4EEA-9978-C7166B6BF086.thumb.jpeg.0cf4350de59232824f6d1dfa2683ca49.jpeg

Off don't like the idea of that. What is the downside of leaving it standard?

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Off don't like the idea of that. What is the downside of leaving it standard?

Just have to refil the mag more often, and might not get all the bb’s out before your out of gas (if your giving it lots of full auto)

7 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Just have to refil the mag more often, and might not get all the bb’s out before your out of gas (if your giving it lots of full auto)

Ah cool.

Could this be a flaw of the Japanese using the weaker 134 gas? Would Green Gas require more volume inside the magazine?