THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi! Sadly not on the immediate horizon AFAIK, yes those spendy kits are the option.

On the plus side you dont need to spend much if anything on the stock gun to have a great performer!

If you are already into GBBRs then you have nothing to lose, if this is your first foray into GBBR then you may want to try it out as an M4A1 first before you blow a load on a 416 kit. ;)

Guest Airsoft J2

My Hao L119A2 kit arrived today. Amazing quality, zero instructions! 

No idea where some of the smaller bits go but hopefully it’ll make sense once I start. The big question is whether I use my existing internals or whether I buy new bits.

E254164B-07F9-4317-8CDD-3733763321D8.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Airsoft J2 said:

No idea where some of the smaller bits go but hopefully it’ll make sense once I start. The big question is whether I use my existing internals or whether I buy new bits.

Finding new parts will be the issue. It will be loads cheaper to buy a new, new, MWS use everything you need and sell off the rest (there will  always be a market for  MWS externals)

Guest Airsoft J2
18 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Finding new parts will be the issue. It will be loads cheaper to buy a new, new, MWS use everything you need and sell off the rest (there will  always be a market for  MWS externals)

Spot on. I’ve just done the maths… looks like I need a new MWS…

3 hours ago, Airsoft J2 said:

So HAO are shipping again to the UK? 

Unpopular opinion

The TM MP7 GBB ( despite its reduced size ) is better than the MWS. 

* Easier to load mags 
* High round capacity per mag
* Mags are less temperamental with filling

* So darn pointy

* So pretty
* Pew pew pew KAKAKAKAKKAKAKAKA

7ef7946d-0fd4-4973-b2ed-0379130c184c.jpg

On Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Groot

14 minutes ago, Groot said:

Unpopular opinion

* Easier to load mags 

* So darn pointy

* So pretty

I have both and I so nearly agree with you... so light and pointy. Just the range you get with heavy ammo in the MWS makes it my go to RIF.

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Unpopular opinion

* Easier to load mags 

* So darn pointy

* So pretty

Only if you have lady hands 

7 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Only if you have lady hands 

Resists obvious mum joke ;)

1 hour ago, Softcore said:

Very nice. Did you had any problems fitting the DD pistol grip on the trigger guard?

No problems, had to ever-so-slightly modify it as it was a tad too large. other than that it all fits great.

PXL_20210714_113623884.jpg

PXL_20210714_113536729.jpg

PXL_20210714_113240878.jpg

7 hours ago, Groot said:

Unpopular opinion

* Easier to load mags 

* So darn pointy

* So pretty

Internals are a lot more fragile and poorly designed and executed, not the same availability of TM or after market parts for when it does break and some fundamental engineering design flaws that would have been easy to avoid. Throw in one of the most un-ergodynamic pistol grips of all time and you have a lemon.

Other than that I guess it is ok 😂

I own both, and can kind of agree with Kali.

The undersize scale of the MP7 is also a downer for me, but it’s my go to for jumping in and out of windows at Anzio. Loud as hell as well for that intimidation factor (until they see the weenie gun).

On balance I prefer the MWS, it’s easier to dial in the FPS on an npas, and a lot more real steel kit fits it.  I also find mine is a bit more accurate than my MP7.

5C680C55-1869-4425-8D9E-6531E9FB85F7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

5C680C55-1869-4425-8D9E-6531E9FB85F7.jpeg

Now there's a familiar MWS. Looks just like one I saw at the remains of Anzio's wooden Firing Range structure at the end of June... ;)

Guest Airsoft J2
On 13/07/2021 at 20:46, Poison Dwarf said:

This looks like a great bit of kit! Can you drop a few more images as it comes out of the box. 

I spent the weekend building but here are some of the pics.

The engineering is amazing. Every time you wonder what goes on next or how, there’s a really clever trick they’ve used to make it all work. Apart from the heat shield which is just a pain.

I need another few bits to be delivered before I finish (sling plate, pistol grip) but it’s nearly there.

Hao have just this morning sent out replacement buffer tube end caps to improve performance but have also thrown in their bolt stop plate which is apparently lighter but tougher. 

Fully build pics on Instagram at AirsoftJ2.

My big error was to follow a random tutorial video rather than Eagle 6. As a result, I attempted to remove the trigger assembly by hammering on the trigger. This is a very bad idea. Do not do this. Your trigger will snap and JB Weld looks shit. Use a small punch places behind the trigger to hammer down onto the assembly frame. Anyone got new triggers…

DD07DE7D-EEA7-436E-BAB5-D5FEBE03F980.jpeg

090ED84F-82B6-4FF4-B6B2-F7C4B3BFCFB8.jpeg

On 14/07/2021 at 12:12, Groot said:

Unpopular opinion

* Easier to load mags 

* So darn pointy

* So pretty

I own both too, and I choose them considered to the field I will be playing that day - more CQB - MP7 , more open area - MWS. Love them both, but gotta agree, MP7 mags are better.

On 14/07/2021 at 10:12, Groot said:

Unpopular opinion

* Easier to load mags 

* So darn pointy

* So pretty

At least you can get parts for the MWS if it breaks.

MP7 is good, but finicky and fragile.

So, today I took the MWS for a spin. I intended to use 3 RIFS today, the MWS, PTW and a NGRS. I ended up using the MWS for the majority of the day bar the last 1hr where the PTW came out for a spin. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun with the MWS and got some cracking shots... One thing though, one of my mags managed to get BB's stuck in them so they wouldn't feed. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to poke a think Allen key to dislodge the stuck BB's. The strange thing is that this happened twice to that one same mag!! Thoughts hive mind?

56 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So, today I took the MWS for a spin. I intended to use 3 RIFS today, the MWS, PTW and a NGRS. I ended up using the MWS for the majority of the day bar the last 1hr where the PTW came out for a spin. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun with the MWS and got some cracking shots... One thing though, one of my mags managed to get BB's stuck in them so they wouldn't feed. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to poke a think Allen key to dislodge the stuck BB's. The strange thing is that this happened twice to that one same mag!! Thoughts hive mind?

If it’s the same mag, there is something in the bb channel snagging them or the follower, or it has a weakened spring

52 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If it’s the same mag, there is something in the bb channel snagging them or the follower, or it has a weakened spring

Yeah possibly. It’s a newish mag though. Time to google how to take one of these mags apart and clean the spring channel. 

Taking that part of the mag apart is easy, just remover the two hex head screws from the base plate and that’s it. Be careful though there is a small plastic piece at the base plate end of the feed spring that likes to shoot it’s self into orbit if you are not careful.

while you have it apart check the bb follower for imperfections. I have had one mag with this problem and it had a small amount of extra plastic on the bb follower I had to carefully polish off.

Be aware putting the feed spring back in is a PITA. The aforementioned small plastic ‘plug’ seems desperate to ping across the room and get lost behind the sofa of embed it’s self in your eyeball. I found a bbq skewer helpful to feed the spring on to before trying to jam it back in the bb channel.

Have fun!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Taking that part of the mag apart is easy, just remover the two hex head screws from the base plate and that’s it. Be careful though there is a small plastic piece at the base plate end of the feed spring that likes to shoot it’s self into orbit if you are not careful.

while you have it apart check the bb follower for imperfections. I have had one mag with this problem and it had a small amount of extra plastic on the bb follower I had to carefully polish off.

Be aware putting the feed spring back in is a PITA. The aforementioned small plastic ‘plug’ seems desperate to ping across the room and get lost behind the sofa of embed it’s self in your eyeball. I found a bbq skewer helpful to feed the spring on to before trying to jam it back in the bb channel.

Have fun!!!!!

Cheers fella, I appreciate the instructions :)