THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@AlphaBear I already have a SixG nub waiting to go in, I will look into getting the buffer as well, thanks!

I have an Eagle6 nozzle spring, It’s the  150% one, is that the stronger one you speak of? I was keeping it until the original failed, but I may just swap it out whilst I do the nub. The barrel nut tool is available again so I will purchase that and hope it arrives by weekend, I missed out on the last batch…..bloody mk18 barrel nut!

18 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted anything, but thought Id ask a few questions or atleast get some opinions.

So I've had my mws for 2 years now, done so much shooting it's not even fair use at this point (50 cans of red) and it has done a metric tonne of bbs. (not really but you get my point)

I have found that my trigger has broken in and is much better then it was 2 years ago, but it's leaves me some what wanting.

Now I broke my disconnector where it engages the auto sear (around 10,000 rounds ago.) And thought I'll get round to replacing it when I change the trigger and bolt stop plate. Well that time is now as my bolt lock isn't as reliable as it should be and my trigger is failing to reset occasionally.

So my questions are what have you folks done to your trigger boxs???

Wii tech marksman sear's?

Guns modify adjustable triggers? 

Lightweight bolt catch plates? 

Maybe some precise fettling? 

Any thoughts or experience's welcome..

Thanks guys, be lucky.

My secondhand MWS had a very hard life and there was a load of gritty mud in the trigger box that had caused a lot of wear and nasty feel.

I have replaced all the parts in the trigger box with the WiiTech parts and spring set. They are really high quality and nice finish, well worth the money.

I tried the marksman sear but got light strikes with the safety ON followed by another light strike after I took it off and pulled the trigger again! I tried it with both the TM and WiiTech parts - same result. GET THE REGULAR SEAR!

For lubrication get a small aerosol can of Graphite lock lube (less than £10 on Amazon or Ebay) and use that. Apply to the parts as you assemble the trigger box then wipe the gun down after…and don’t wear a white t-shirt! It is messy to apply and you will need to wash your hands about 8 times but it is very low friction and won’t attract dirt and gum up the action. I have had zero issues with trigger reset or bolt locking back since using it.

Does anyone use the 150% nozzle return spring.

other than that I am looking for the solution to my mws not effectively cycling on full auto and when I cock it the nozzle it obviously getting stuck in the hop rubber (tan with brass nub).

hsb fitted and bolt locks on empty

no problem on semi  

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

We green 

easy fix may be to lightly silicon oil the nozzle where it enters the bucking but don’t want to introduce silicon to the contact patch if I can help it 

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

The Modify bucking is quite tight and made of higher friction material than the TM one, so if everything is bone dry it can stress the nozzle return spring.

The 150% springs work fine, if not the same, they just pull out a little prematurely 🤭 or not in your case.

Before changine anything though make sure its functioning properly 'as standard'.

Is the inside of the bucking worn where the nozzle mates?

Is the bucking swollen at all making it even tighter fitting?

Is the bucking properly seated into the hop unit?

Hey guys,

Recently picked up an MWS. I have one normal Stanag and 3 Type 85 mags, I've been having issues with the Type 85 mags feeding and sometimes the bb's get stuck in the mag/ the spring fails to push them to the feed lips. I've taken them apart, cleaned them, and even tried dry lube but eventually the issue returns. Any ideas?

BB feed tubes etc should be bone dry.

If you live in a humid place is it possible your BBs have swollen?

Load up a mag and manually ping them out with a plastic barrel unblocking rod, does the magazine follower keep pusshing up ok?

41 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

BB feed tubes etc should be bone dry.

If you live in a humid place is it possible your BBs have swollen?

Load up a mag and manually ping them out with a plastic barrel unblocking rod, does the magazine follower keep pusshing up ok?

I keep the bb's stored inside in a dry environment, I'll try knocking them out one at a time and cleaning that mag again.

Hey guys, is it true that you need to remove the Mk18 rail gbbr to access the hop rubber or inner barrel? Or can you access it by splitting upper and lower? That’s the thing that’s putting me off the Mk18 atm. If I can change/clean the inner and change the rubber without taking off that rail I’d be a bit happier. Cheers 

There’s so many variations most things will fit with a little ingenuity.

Unless it’s a dedicated product expect to have to do some minor modding.

41 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

There’s so many variations most things will fit with a little ingenuity.

Unless it’s a dedicated product expect to have to do some minor modding.

What sort of modding can one expect to do in regards to the barrel nut/barrel fitment?

As before there’s loads of different mounting designs so until you have one it’s impossible to say.

Some may need an adapter ring, some might not, some might need extra ring shims or some material removing for clearance

Hello everyone. 

First let me tell you I love what you have built here and the dedication of the community to the MWS system. As an technical guy this thread was a joy to read.

Second is my question for a MWS system with a 416a5 body. Are there any options for users that want to run MWS system with an German (Bundeswehr) loadout and a required 416 platform that is not 1500$ HAO conversion? (they don't even sell the receivers alone, just kits) Any chance TM is going to release its own 416 MWS? 

Regards