THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

No i havnt, where have you heard this? do you have a link?

2 hours ago, Softcore said:

plz provide source, I'm about to order one and would like to know where you got this from?

I've read the comments from one of the guy who claims to have seen buffer spring wrecked by HSB from TM discord server I am in, since I havent found any info about it here I wanted to ask you guys, I dont have any other source than this so thats why I wanted to ask the veterans in this field :D 

I already have HSB in my hands, so just wanted to be sure whether it should be safe to install - so gonna go ahead and do it, havent had a problem with what this thread has been suggesting me before ;) 

this is what baffled me...

image.thumb.png.d13d136a42667429f59bd6cf3bf0869c.png
image.thumb.png.25c4f814ab197c01d3b5e61526739aec.pngimage.png.c702c838afa23e2b6c58700b70de95ae.png

And the explanation from SixG:

Peoples buffer tube end caps fall out from time to time, this happens on stock guns, it vibrates itself undone, as with most things on GBBs loctite blue (243) is your friend. This is not because of the HSB.

The prime purpose of the HSB is to stop the buffer parts being hammered so hard, causing the above and shattered buffer 'part-B'.

I have never known a buffer spring to be broken because of the HSB, i cannot see any reason why this would be so, i actually think they may be getting confused because the image of a buffer spring posted is completely normal - AKA one end is supposed to have tighter wound coils (this end seats onto the buffer itself)

They are also misinformed as the HSB still allows the buffer to bottom out, he difference is that the spring rate is increased so that it doesnt hit as hard, and when it does contact it touches down onto the rubber bumper not sharp/cast stock tube end cap.

With regard to bolt lock on empty functionality, depending on the power of gas you are using you may or may not need to unscrew the buffer tube 1 turn.

So sorry if I raised some eyebrows, just wanted to make sure that HSB shouldnt do damage to MWS ;) 

3 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

this is what baffled me...

image.thumb.png.d13d136a42667429f59bd6cf3bf0869c.png
image.thumb.png.25c4f814ab197c01d3b5e61526739aec.pngimage.png.c702c838afa23e2b6c58700b70de95ae.png

And the explanation from SixG:

Peoples buffer tube end caps fall out from time to time, this happens on stock guns, it vibrates itself undone, as with most things on GBBs loctite blue (243) is your friend. This is not because of the HSB.

The prime purpose of the HSB is to stop the buffer parts being hammered so hard, causing the above and shattered buffer 'part-B'.

I have never known a buffer spring to be broken because of the HSB, i cannot see any reason why this would be so, i actually think they may be getting confused because the image of a buffer spring posted is completely normal - AKA one end is supposed to have tighter wound coils (this end seats onto the buffer itself)

They are also misinformed as the HSB still allows the buffer to bottom out, he difference is that the spring rate is increased so that it doesnt hit as hard, and when it does contact it touches down onto the rubber bumper not sharp/cast stock tube end cap.

With regard to bolt lock on empty functionality, depending on the power of gas you are using you may or may not need to unscrew the buffer tube 1 turn.

So sorry if I raised some eyebrows, just wanted to make sure that HSB shouldnt do damage to MWS ;) 

Ahh the good ol' fashioned 'seen a guy'. You can always count on reliable information when it follows those 3 words.

2 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Ahh the good ol' fashioned 'seen a guy'. You can always count on reliable information when it follows those 3 words.

Yeah, after these comments I am starting to want to leave that discord server :D 

1 minute ago, TadsJ2 said:

Yeah, after these comments I am starting to want to leave that discord server :D 

People presenting second hand information with a definitive result just grind my gears. The fella initially asking followed up with 'Will this happen?' and the chap answering literally ignored the question and just said toss it. No reason, no further explanation, no break down of the parts being used alongside the spacer. Nope, the answer to the question will this happen to me wassss... toss it. Superb, I don't know who's more daft of the pair. The one asking the questions and taking the first answer he got at face value, or the clown spouting second hand garbage (the answer is both).

5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

People presenting second hand information with a definitive result just grind my gears. The fella initially asking followed up with 'Will this happen?' and the chap answering literally ignored the question and just said toss it. No reason, no further explanation, no break down of the parts being used alongside the spacer. Nope, the answer to the question will this happen to me wassss... toss it. Superb, I don't know who's more daft of the pair. The one asking the questions and taking the first answer he got at face value, or the clown spouting second hand garbage (the answer is both).

Worst part is the confusion of mostly everyone...

after I asked him directly how can he be sure whether HSB caused this he didnt respond :D 

Edited by TadsJ2

3 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Worst part is the confusion of mostly everyone...

after I asked him directly how can he be sure whether HSB caused this he didnt respond :D 

Got too carried away with rapid fire facepalming to actually give my own first hand experience. Used both the Super Nub and HSB in my first MWS, will be doing the same in my second. Only other thing I touch is throwing an NPAS in there as and when it's needed and if I decide to use a BAD lever (which is unlikely because I'm currently planning on doing a carry handle build with this one) I'll use a lightweight bolt stop plate to ensure the bolt continues to lock reliably. Outside of that, don't see a reason to change anything internally.

Hi everyone. I just bought G&P Trigger box. I have a problem with it. After reload on SEMI only first trigger pull is fine, to shot next time I need to push the trigger forward and then pull. On full auto it works correct. I tried on Stock TM Bolt and Angry gun one. On both I have same issue. On the video MWS was after first shot. I can't find any manual for this trigger too. If anyone could help me with this issue or tell me which screw does what I will be very grateful.

video:

On 16/06/2021 at 01:11, janman99 said:

Hi everyone. I just bought G&P Trigger box. I have a problem with it. After reload on SEMI only first trigger pull is fine, to shot next time I need to push the trigger forward and then pull. On full auto it works correct. I tried on Stock TM Bolt and Angry gun one. On both I have same issue. On the video MWS was after first shot. I can't find any manual for this trigger too. If anyone could help me with this issue or tell me which screw does what I will be very grateful.

video:

I'd recommend messaging RuninWorkshop on Facebook. They usually reply extremely quickly and they know this trigger box inside and out. It's likely that you haven't adjusted the grub screws properly yet. I think someone once told me that straight out of the factory the trigger boxes are shipped with the grub screws not adjusted at all or something which makes the trigger not reset, and you need to adjust one of the grub screws to get it to start working.

I just have to share what I managed to do today. I got a trade for my old ics m4 aeg with gate titan with a spare upper and 3 uppergearboxes(ics got split gearboxes like ptws cylinders). For a brand new mws with 5mags, original bolt, a lightweight bolt, a spare crazy jet 370mm barrel and a kwa 1911 with 2 co2 maggs :). Prolly my best trade ever :).

On 15/06/2021 at 15:40, TadsJ2 said:

I've read the comments from one of the guy who claims to have seen buffer spring wrecked by HSB from TM discord server I am in, since I havent found any info about it here I wanted to ask you guys, I dont have any other source than this so thats why I wanted to ask the veterans in this field :D 

I already have HSB in my hands, so just wanted to be sure whether it should be safe to install - so gonna go ahead and do it, havent had a problem with what this thread has been suggesting me before ;) 

i have one. A couple of times I have had the buffer stuck in the buffer tube. When stripping and poking it back loose the tapered end of the spring was folded in on itself causing the spring to bunch up and stick in the buffer tube. When I remove the HSB, this doesn't happen.  Take from this what you will. I know many have had no issues though. 

Anyone installed the mws hao 416 kit? How was the fitment? Did the gun work flawless or was filing and fitment nessecary? Cheers

4 hours ago, quango2k said:

i have one. A couple of times I have had the buffer stuck in the buffer tube. When stripping and poking it back loose the tapered end of the spring was folded in on itself causing the spring to bunch up and stick in the buffer tube. When I remove the HSB, this doesn't happen.  Take from this what you will. I know many have had no issues though. 

Do you know what gas and at what temperature this happened?

Converting to a DMR. Maybe I will find a new love then.

So I want to up the power and set to a single shot DMR.

I have searched on NPAS and Single shot mod, but failing to get the answers i want.. So I will politely ask directly.

What NPAS should I buy? The RA-Tech appears out of stock everywhere and seems to be the one people are using but hey ho.

What is the simplest mod to change the box to single shot, that could be reversed

Thanks

Hi all,

I’ve skimmed the whole thread, lots of talk about upgrades, internal and external etc…my question is…

Can I pick up an MWS, bone stock and run it without an NPAS or anything internally changed and run it sub 350fps just changing the gas strength depending on the weather?

2 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Hi all,

I’ve skimmed the whole thread, lots of talk about upgrades, internal and external etc…my question is…

Can I pick up an MWS, bone stock and run it without an NPAS or anything internally changed and run it sub 350fps just changing the gas strength depending on the weather?

Yes, I would recommend Abbey Predator Ultra Gas. Not come unstuck yet using it but admittedly not run it on the hottest day of the year. 

2 hours ago, Groot said:

Converting to a DMR. Maybe I will find a new love then.

So I want to up the power and set to a single shot DMR.

I have searched on NPAS and Single shot mod, but failing to get the answers i want.. So I will politely ask directly.

What NPAS should I buy? The RA-Tech appears out of stock everywhere and seems to be the one people are using but hey ho.

What is the simplest mod to change the box to single shot, that could be reversed

Thanks

Using a spare fire selector you can modify it to be semi auto only.

You can also modify the stock floating valve and make you own npas, covered 20ish pages back i think.

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Hi all,

You can adjsut power with all available gasses on a standard MWS from sub 300 to 360 :)

Hi guys new to this mws scene long time lurker ;) I don’t actually have a mws yet (yet is the word).. anyway I don’t play as often as I like anymore and have always fancied a gbbr but been put off by the uk weather. I’ve got a tm Mk18 ngrs that I’m currently using but feel it’s a bit dull. Yeah it’s great at range etc but there’s hardly any feedback.. ill get to the point.. 

Has anyone traded or sold there ngrs to get a mws? Any regrets at all?

cheers again 

love the posts and pics btw folks makes me want one even more haha 

On 20/06/2021 at 16:16, Patrolpointman said:

So I finally got the proper early D-stock and pistol grip to finish off the XM16E1.

Pictured with my original M1955 Flak Vest.

IMG_20210619_123015_524.jpg

Very nice 😁

Using a fixed stock does the different buffer more heavy? With slower rate?

Thank.

9 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Very nice 😁

Using a fixed stock does the different buffer more heavy? With slower rate?

Thank.

Cheers! The rifle length buffer has a selection of different weights you can use should you wish a heavier recoil. I opted to leave them out so it was more gas efficient when using the shorter magazines. 

10 hours ago, Sylithics said:

Has anyone traded or sold there ngrs to get a mws?

So I haven’t sold my NGRS to get an MWS as I still have it as a safety net, but I can’t remember the last time I used it in anger. I have a number of MWS and they are so reliable all year round that the NGRS doesn’t get a look in.

I actually started a thread about selling it and it will be on the chopping block as soon as I can dig out the box.

That being said I personally would never go to a skirmish without a backup rifle. I’m time poor so don’t get to go to as many games as I would like so it would suck if a mechanical failure ended my day early. But that is as likely with electric as gas.