THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Got myself an MWS not too long ago - First upgrade was going to be the nozzle return spring as I hear it often breaks running green gas, so I got the Dynamic Precision Reinforced Valve Blocker set as I'd seen it recommended a few times and comes with everything since folks said getting the pins out to replace just the spring was nigh on impossible... But getting them IN is proving just as impossible! How in the seven hells are you supposed to get the pins that hold the spring to the pieces either end in? They just will NOT go in no matter what I try. Pliers, hammers, you name it. Any suggestions?

I also managed to bend the spring getting the plastic tube bit into the middle of it (my cockup, I was doing it while drunk and realised the method I should have used that would be less likely to damage the spring AFTER already damaging the spring). If there's a visible gap in the spring, have I stuffed it to the point of not wanting to use that spring?

Also, in the current stock configuration, there's a strange ploing/boing springy noise when the plastic nozzle springs back into the bolt and/or when the bolt returns home. It suddenly developed after a night of plinking. Is this normal? I've totally taken the bolt/etc. apart and put it back together, everything seems to be in place and nothing seems wrong, it just sounds odd and I can't find a cause and the only other MWS owner I know says it sounds weird too.

Edited by KirbyHCI

The nozzle return spring only breaks through fatigue from extended use, it’s not a necessary upgrade, just a spare to carry.

Only needed to be a genuine one or E6 150% one 😉

10 hours ago, KirbyHCI said:

Got myself an MWS not too long ago - First upgrade was going to be the nozzle return spring as I hear it often breaks running green gas, so I got the Dynamic Precision Reinforced Valve Blocker set as I'd seen it recommended a few times and comes with everything since folks said getting the pins out to replace just the spring was nigh on impossible... But getting them IN is proving just as impossible! How in the seven hells are you supposed to get the pins that hold the spring to the pieces either end in? They just will NOT go in no matter what I try. Pliers, hammers, you name it. Any suggestions?

I feel your pain my dude, I bought that replacement set, had the same issue, tried so long that eventually one of the pins shattered and the other one is pretty deformed, so a good waste of money for me. I have seen drop in kits that are apparently upgraded parts, doesn't say what these upgrades are but if it has that spring set in it, it may be worth a purchase.

18 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

First shot 337fps then going down about 1 fps per shot there after. Stabilised at 327 FPS. Im gonna add Dave’s HSB and that will bump up the FPS by 5fps. So it’s looking very promising. I’ll report back on Sunday when it’s gonna be 26c. 

Sounds good! I've ordered the Orga NPAS so I can adjust my FPS a bit. I have a can of 144a so I'll use that if it's not delivered before then.

20210603_224743.thumb.jpg.6ee54db0766aba5d3c736b7b644fa10f.jpg

Got the Angry Gun suppressor on, together with the Magpul CTR stock and MOE+ grip,and mounted the Vortex Crossfire just to see what it looks like.

MK18 RIS II rail arrived today, as have a Laylax wrench, a PTS adapter ring and a couple of spare TM hop rubbers.

A new trigger guard and cheek riser are inbound and I'm waiting to get either a BCM Gunfighter or Magpul RVG foregrip, some new BUIS and maybe a PEQ and weapon light, then I'll start on the final version...until the HAO SMR arrives 😳

Ran the MWS for the first time today. I’m sold. Planned to run the mws until lunch time then swap to my aeg for the afternoon to save weight/wear less kit. Didn’t happen, enjoyed it too much. As it was a cqb/woodland mix I didn’t miss the mid caps at all. 
may be done with hpa but will wait until winter to decide 

Is the GunsModify Reinforced Loading Nozzle any good?

Also can the we use VSR type inner barrels? as that cut different then GBBR barrels?

Thank you

Edited by GothicGhost

Ran a chrono test on Abbey Green with the @Davegolf SixG HSB installed. Using G&G 0.28s I was getting 287 FPS at a barmy temp of 25/26c.  If anyone doesn’t have the HSB installed what the frack are you waiting for. 😎

Hello, I have been experiencing an frustrating phenomenon with my MWS. Recently I installed the SixG hopup nub along with a Modify tan bucking. It lifts BBs like a dream. However, I noticed the more I fired the gun, more and more hop was being applied to each shot. When I would readjust the hop dial, I noticed it would be set a lot higher than I initially did. I'm not quite sure what is causing the dial to turn on its own. My guess was the action of the bolt carrier moving back and forth. But when racking it manually, I saw no change in the dial's position. Has anyone else experienced this? For reference, I'm using using .32 gram BBs and propane, with the only modifications being the bucking, nub, and the SixG high speed buffer.

Hi my MWS mates. I'm just looking at my collection of spare parts for MWS and I've found that I could almost build another one. But I miss the body (upper and lower receiver) and the trigger and some other parts. So I was wondering if any of you don't have extra parts from some conversion kit build for example? If someone wants to get rid of these parts and is willing to send them by post to the Czech Republic, I will be happy to buy them. I'm sorry, I know this is not a marketplace, but also there is also no better place for my request.

Thank you. Regards LEGXGPF

14 hours ago, HorribleSkrub said:

Hello, I have been experiencing an frustrating phenomenon with my MWS. Recently I installed the SixG hopup nub along with a Modify tan bucking. It lifts BBs like a dream. However, I noticed the more I fired the gun, more and more hop was being applied to each shot. When I would readjust the hop dial, I noticed it would be set a lot higher than I initially did. I'm not quite sure what is causing the dial to turn on its own. My guess was the action of the bolt carrier moving back and forth. But when racking it manually, I saw no change in the dial's position. Has anyone else experienced this? For reference, I'm using using .32 gram BBs and propane, with the only modifications being the bucking, nub, and the SixG high speed buffer.

I had this problem once however it was the opposite, hop was being reduced with each shot. I had this problem when using the first generation AngryGun high speed bolt set (uses their nozzle and stuff). I ended up returning it after being in contact directly with Angrygun, who were unable to reproduce the issue with a fresh bolt from their production line (they literally went out and bought a brand new MTR16 to try and test the problem). 

Are you using the stock bolt or something aftermarket?

8 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@HorribleSkrub are you sure the dial is moving / have you counted it’s position?

Yes. Starting with the hop all the way off, I apply it by 8 clicks of the dial. After shooting about a magazine and a half, I would readjust the hopup. This is where I noticed that when I try to set it back to zero, it takes more than 8 clicks to return the hopup to all the way off.

@ajumma The bolt is completely stock. The only parts changed in the gun are the hopup nub, bucking, and an added high speed buffer.

3 minutes ago, HorribleSkrub said:

Yes. Starting with the hop all the way off, I apply it by 8 clicks of the dial. After shooting about a magazine and a half, I would readjust the hopup. This is where I noticed that when I try to set it back to zero, it takes more than 8 clicks to return the hopup to all the way off.

@ajumma The bolt is completely stock. The only parts changed in the gun are the hopup nub, bucking, and an added high speed buffer.

Hmmm that's really strange. Definitely never heard of it happening with a stock bolt. I can't imagine a different bucking/nub or buffer would have any effect here. You could try putting the stock buffer in and seeing if works? 

My long awaited (I say long, it literally arrived in 3 business days- posted Wednesday, arrived Monday) new trigger box. My stock trigger developed issues and I was always unhappy with how it felt. 

IMG_7063.thumb.JPG.d7f561df9eee1e93262562be835d649f.JPG

First impressions were wow, the construction is SO much cleaner than the stock trigger box. I guess that's what you get with CNC'ing!

I dropped the trigger box straight into my MTR16. I needed to very gently mallet the safety to get it seated since it seemed to be ever so slightly misaligned with the right hand side of the lower when being reinserted. 

I made a very, very short video showing how it performs vs. my stock trigger.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with it! I expect the trigger to work even better in a few weeks once it's properly broken in. I will likely take it apart at some point to clean it out and apply a little lube, but it seems to work great ootb. 

Hey guys,
So i've read from some of the guys that HSB is known to destroy buffer springs? 
What is your take on this? 

@TadsJ2 can you expand, explain, what product you are talking about?

Theres quite a few buffer products out there!

7 hours ago, ajumma said:

My long awaited (I say long, it literally arrived in 3 business days- posted Wednesday, arrived Monday) new trigger box. My stock trigger developed issues and I was always unhappy with how it felt. 

IMG_7063.thumb.JPG.d7f561df9eee1e93262562be835d649f.JPG

First impressions were wow, the construction is SO much cleaner than the stock trigger box. I guess that's what you get with CNC'ing!

I dropped the trigger box straight into my MTR16. I needed to very gently mallet the safety to get it seated since it seemed to be ever so slightly misaligned with the right hand side of the lower when being reinserted. 

I made a very, very short video showing how it performs vs. my stock trigger.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with it! I expect the trigger to work even better in a few weeks once it's properly broken in. I will likely take it apart at some point to clean it out and apply a little lube, but it seems to work great ootb. 

Nice bit of kit for sure!

Worth noting that what you experienced from the old trigger unit is generally resolved by a good clean out and deburr.

The dead trigger is caused by excess friction from parts that have marred over.

I actually find the old/worn trigger units once sorted out are better than new ones!

Edited by Davegolf

@Davegolf Sorry, I was talking about  SixG HighSpeedBuffer (HSB), so, have any of you heard anything about SixG HSB destroying buffer springs?

7 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Hey guys,
So i've read from some of the guys that HSB is known to destroy buffer springs? 
What is your take on this? 

plz provide source, I'm about to order one and would like to know where you got this from?

Edited by Softcore

6 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Worth noting that what you experienced from the old trigger unit is generally resolved by a good clean out and deburr.

Interestingly, the dead trigger issue started happening after I took my trigger box apart, cleaned out all the gun and old grease, then reassembled with a little silicon oil on the contact areas around the different sears. I thought I had over-lubed it, so I took it apart again and cleared out as much oil as I could, leaving behind an almost non-visible layer, and I still had a very weak reset. Although, the grittiness was improved after cleaning. I didn't try deburring or polishing the parts yet though, I might do that since I have the stock trigger box as a spare!

I intend on trying to break in the RiW G&P trigger box for a few weeks/months since it's still very new, apparently the slight resistance/grittiness on the take-up to the wall (when cocking the gun without the trigger depressed) disappears after the trigger box is worn in. But even if it doesn't go away, I'm extremely happy with the feel of this trigger vs the stock one.

Yeh the trigger boxes are normally pretty slick, and have a less gritty takeup and faster/crisper reset once deburred, profiled and fine wet/dry :)