THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

is it okay to leave about 1/2-2/3 gas charged in the mag for maybe 4 days. I charged every thing up before a final game and didn't even finish one magazine. Have another game Thursday evening and don't want to waste the gas and use a bunch of bbs just to empty them. Got 6 mags using Abbey Predator. Reckon that would be too much pressure on the seals inside?

You want to leave gas in your mags at all times (unless you're doing maintenance or shipping them somewhere). Whatever your green gas of choice is, is fine inbetween games. If you're leaving them in storage/not using them for an extended period of time then some form of maintenance gas is the smarter play (it tends to have more lube it in, keep the o-rings fresh for longer). If pure propane is your propellant of choice I've always emptied the mags (by firing rather than purging) and then popping some maintenance gas in while not in use, purely because propane without any lubricant is very dry so this helps keep the o-rings healthy and saves on the requirement for more frequent 'proper' maintenance. Worth noting this isn't limited to the MWS, same goes for all gas powered RIFs.

Not to say I think there is an exact science to it, I'm sure folks have their own ways... this is just how I do it.

Not the question you were asking but linked, I don't know if it's particularly necessary but I always make sure the mags are empty in terms of BB. Main reason is to keep the springs happy... secondary benefit being for safety reasons... means I'm not guessing what weight BBs are in mags when it comes to chrono time.

Edited by alxndrhll

13 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

You want to leave gas in your mags at all times (unless you're doing maintenance or shipping them somewhere). Whatever your green gas of choice is, is fine inbetween games. If you're leaving them in storage/not using them for an extended period of time then some form of maintenance gas is the smarter play (it tends to have more lube it in, keep the o-rings fresh for longer). If pure propane is your propellant of choice I've always emptied the mags (by firing rather than purging) and then popping some maintenance gas in while not in use, purely because propane without any lubricant is very dry so this helps keep the o-rings healthy and saves on the requirement for more frequent 'proper' maintenance. Worth noting this isn't limited to the MWS, same goes for all gas powered RIFs.

Not to say I think there is an exact science to it, I'm sure folks have their own ways... this is just how I do it.

Not the question you were asking but linked, I don't know if it's particularly necessary but I always make sure the mags are empty in terms of BB. Main reason is to keep the springs happy... secondary benefit being for safety reasons... means I'm not guessing what weight BBs are in mags when it comes to chrono time.

Thanks so I always keep a little bit of either low power or maintenance gas in them. I empty the bbs by firing all the mags on full auto so that cleared probably 1/3-1/2 of the gas too.

Just was worried that might leave a lot of gas in that could be putting pressure on o rings 

Just now, gunbod007 said:

Thanks so I always keep a little bit of either low power or maintenance gas in them. I empty the bbs by firing all the mags on full auto so that cleared probably 1/3-1/2 of the gas too.

Just was worried that might leave a lot of gas in that could be putting pressure on o rings 

Unless I've been wildly misinformed pressure in gas mags is rarely a bad thing, at least at the pressures all conventional propellants used in airsoft over here operate at. Not that I imagine it's at all significant when it comes to storage but I wouldn't be shocked if the pressure in there drops between now and Thursday evening, can't speak for where you're located but it's been roasting hot here today!

My MTR kicked ass at my local event as well, I'm loving it and i cant go play with anything else, even my TM MP7 is sitting in a box (but i still really love it)

Anyways guys, i came around a problem i only now noticed. 
Why is different mags giving me different FPS? I have 4 mags, and all of them are giving different consistent chrono results... My best mag gives me ~400FPS, my worst mag gives me ~367FPS. 
Is there anything to be done for it to be more even? Also i dont think that his kind of variation between mags gives any difference to the output (shot consistency, or range)?

28 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Difference in your output valves, damaged/worn gas route seal, actually different internally?

I have ordered them in one batch from firesupport. 

I have taken apart my worst mag yesterday and relubed everything, as far as i can see I see no damage or worn gas route, relubing and refitting didnt change a thing, it still chronoes at the same fps...

they are all v2 and they are fairly new, like i got them in in March this year! Played 4 games, maybe? 

Should I try and dissassemble them all and try to search for differences?

Edited by TadsJ2

If you want to be sure, yes strip clean, inspect and re greae all the o rings / seals, check for any obstructions/swarf, check the force required to push the output valves.

Aye, will have what to do in the following weeks :D but i guess this variation of consistent FPS isnt going to have much of a difference on gun performance- bb efective distance and shot consistency? 

Also if i would do a green gas mod , it shouldnt change a thing with different fps ouputs? Also anyone else noticed this behavior or is it only me?

Edited by TadsJ2

2 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Aye, will have what to do in the following weeks :D but i guess this variation of consistent FPS isnt going to have much of a difference on gun performance- bb efective distance and shot consistency? 

Also if i would do a green gas mod , it shouldnt change a thing with different fps ouputs? Also anyone else noticed this behavior or is it only me?

This is mine and a few others findings, it's shared so feel free to upload your own data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_20210603_113059_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpg

I used my MWS at a game on Sat and fucking hate it. Just didn't trust it to do what I wanted it to do. 

It was only after that I found out about the mag purging air issue thing. 

My biggest grip over the platform is the stupid, temperamental, heavy as fuck mags. Which i cannot throw around like I am used to doing with my other M4's.

I am hoping the Guns Modify Pmags will take that issue away ( eventually )

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

This is mine and a few others findings, it's shared so feel free to upload your own data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_20210603_113059_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpg

Noice, will give it a go, I saw that until u modded your magazines to green gas mod it gave you a larger differentiation between your "worst" and "best" performing mag...
I will try to do the green gas mod on my worst mag and try and see the difference then :) thanks!

1 hour ago, Groot said:

I used my MWS at a game on Sat and fucking hate it. Just didn't trust it to do what I wanted it to do. 

My biggest grip over the platform is the stupid, temperamental, heavy as fuck mags. Which i cannot throw around like I am used to doing with my other M4's.

Sounds terrible. Feel free to dispose of it in my garden. 

2 hours ago, Groot said:

I’ll take your mags, doesn’t sound like you can be trusted with them.

You could always go hpa 

HPA can suck a dick.

Actually this is the the month for HPA users.

If you guys can replace these hateful MWS Mags with the virtually unreleased Guns modify Pmags. We have a deal.  

Just now, Stratton Oakmont said:

Why would you throw them around?

appreciate it’s a loose term but what are you doing to your aeg mags?

I play very aggressively

Haley flick reloads. 
Grab mag, throw into dump pouch, continue the fight. Kak! Kak!
Throw myself around with 4-5 mags knocking around in the dump pouch.

Chuck mags to other members of my team without fear of killing them or the mags.

My issue with the MWS is that 

Its not as good as my PTW or NRGS.  ( Its just not )

It is affected by temperature. 
Pain in the ass to load gas with the purge issue, which i have only just discovered after being on this thread for a while.
The mags are ( realistically admittedly ) heavy and fairly delicate and cost more than any of my other platform mags. 

35 round mags in woodland isn't usually enough to make many players "feel their hits" or get through leaves. Without going through your stash of mags in a fair quick order.

Other than the "oh its got more realistic recoil and that bolt release. Isn't that neat."

An AEG Is better in every situation except heavy rain.

I can understand why so many MWS appear on the forum after someone decides its just not for them. I am about there. 

9 minutes ago, Groot said:

I play very aggressively

Haley flick reloads. 
Grab mag, throw into dump pouch, continue the fight. Kak! Kak!
Throw myself around with 4-5 mags knocking around in the dump pouch.

Chuck mags to other members of my team without fear of killing them or the mags.

My issue with the MWS is that 

Its not as good as my PTW or NRGS.  ( Its just not )

It is affected by temperature. 
Pain in the ass to load gas with the purge issue, which i have only just discovered after being on this thread for a while.
The mags are ( realistically admittedly ) heavy and fairly delicate and cost more than any of my other platform mags. 

35 round mags in woodland isn't usually enough to make many players "feel their hits" or get through leaves. Without going through your stash of mags in a fair quick order.

Other than the "oh its got more realistic recoil and that bolt release. Isn't that neat."

An AEG Is better in every situation except heavy rain.

I can understand why so many MWS appear on the forum after someone decides its just not for them. I am about there. 

what is the purge issue, could u elaborate more on it? 

To everything else - seems u were not ready to play with gbbr's, i can get behind "mags are too delicate" issue but everything else is what GBBR's are, they are all like that, even the mag issue - u cant throw their mags around or on the ground, they are all heavy if they are used on rifle type of gun, and no wonder gas guns are temperature affected. 
If this is your main problem i would say go with GBLS DAS GDR15 , it will have all you want. 

Edited by TadsJ2

3 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

its not an issue. Basically if a mag is run dry and has air in it, you hold the valve open for a second while filling to purge the air out and leave liquid gas in. his mags were full of air and I proved it after his game.  plastic nozzle gas bottles don't really let the air out when filling. 

4 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

To everything else - seems u were not ready to play with gbbr's, i can get behind "mags are too delicate" issue but everything else is what GBBR's are, they are all like that, even the mag issue - u cant throw their mags around or on the ground, they are all heavy if they are used on rifle type of gun, and no wonder gas guns are temperature affected. 
If this is your main problem i would say go with GBLS DAS GDR15 , it will have all you want. 

Already one of the PTW master race. My NGRS is just as good. 

The purge issue is that due to the design of mags they get air in them.
So when you go full ham, they get all spazy and fail to work properly.

So every so many reloads you have to purge it of air and start over. 

4 minutes ago, quango2k said:

its not an issue. Basically if a mag is run dry and has air in it, you hold the valve open for a second while filling to purge the air out and leave liquid gas in. his mags were full of air and I proved it after his game.  plastic nozzle gas bottles don't really let the air out when filling. 

aaah this one, yeah, i noticed that plastic nozzle gas bottles doenst even work without a silent fill oring, i ordered a metal nozzle extension which was very long (sth like Ultra air gas bottle) and it works perfectly now on my mags without silent fill o-rings! i think it vents air out pretty good as well so i guess i will not have this issue, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Groot said:

Already one of the PTW master race. My NGRS is just as good. 

The purge issue is that due to the design of mags they get air in them.
So when you go full ham, they get all spazy and fail to work properly.

So every so many reloads you have to purge it of air and start over. 

u kinda make it sound worse than it is, its as literal as just press on the exhaust valve and load some gas in it, then proceed filling as usual, and usually this is only with silentfill orings isnt it?
Well i personally think GBLS DAS is better but you do you ;)

Edited by TadsJ2

7 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

aaah this one, yeah, i noticed that plastic nozzle gas bottles doenst even work without a silent fill oring, i ordered a metal nozzle extension which was very long (sth like Ultra air gas bottle) and it works perfectly now on my mags without silent fill o-rings! i think it vents air out pretty good as well so i guess i will not have this issue, thanks!

u kinda make it sound worse than it is, its as literal as just press on the exhaust valve and load some gas in it, then proceed filling as usual, and usually this is only with silentfill orings isnt it?
Well i personally think GBLS DAS is better but you do you ;)

Tried a GBLS. Hated the trigger feel. 

Recoil effect and realistic carrier group.. Hard meh 

image.png.3875e9a6b3f408b2532a5560e6fe4c4e.png

2 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Haley flick reloads 

“why are you out of magazines”

“ I flicked them all” 

“How you gonna reload now?”

”dunno but it looked cool “

You nailed it