THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Will the Angry Guns MK16 URG-I Handguard fit the TM MWS MK18 GBBR?

Handguard

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-105-inch-gen-2-version-ddc-colour

Rifle

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-mk18-mod-1-gbb-with-zet-system/

The problem is that on here: https://www.angrygun.com/collections/new-releases/products/mk16-m-lok-rail-9-3-inch-airsoft-version-blk?variant=22394596622417

They say that for a TM MWS fit, I need barrel spacers???

Can someone explain why and where would I put them?

Edited by Bobzy

3 hours ago, Recoil_ said:

What gas do you change to in the winter? Do you just stick with Abbey Ultra?

Just Abbey Ultra. It seems fine. 10c bang. 15c bang. 20c bang. 25c lift off 😂 Some peeps on here use Nuprol red when it’s stupidly cold but I won’t stick anything Nuprol in my MWS anymore that’s for sure. 

Don’t forget joule creep though. That may play a wee part. 

Edited by AlphaBear

3 hours ago, Bobzy said:

Handguard

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-105-inch-gen-2-version-ddc-colour

Rifle

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-mk18-mod-1-gbb-with-zet-system/

The problem is that on here: https://www.angrygun.com/collections/new-releases/products/mk16-m-lok-rail-9-3-inch-airsoft-version-blk?variant=22394596622417

It will, but only with the barrel spacer from angry gun, which only comes with their outer barrel set. 

The gen1 rails went fine, gen2 they changed the barrel nut for some stupid reason.  

Honestly, save yourself the hassle and either buy a zparts one for a bit more or wait until hao can ship to the UK again as its cheaper than the other options and LEAGUES ahead in quality and fitment. 

Well she's all done!

Upgrades are: ML 60 Degree Autobot 2021 rubber and Laylax strike hop arm, Vortex Crossfire ii 1-4x, SixG HSB, Surefire repro, G&P QD stubby foregrip, Magpul FDE rail covers, Magpul magpulls and the Magpul CTR stock.

That's it, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

20210526_194457.jpg

Edited by Recoil_

4 hours ago, quango2k said:

It will, but only with the barrel spacer from angry gun, which only comes with their outer barrel set. 

The gen1 rails went fine, gen2 they changed the barrel nut for some stupid reason.  

Honestly, save yourself the hassle and either buy a zparts one for a bit more or wait until hao can ship to the UK again as its cheaper than the other options and LEAGUES ahead in quality and fitment. 

Thanks for the answer!!! Would I also be able to do the same mod on the CQB-R Block 1, found here: https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-cqb-r-block-1-gbb-with-zet-system/

13 hours ago, quango2k said:

Can only see it with the body open 

20210526_084857.jpg

Yeah I know  it get more scratches over time but I did not want to add more on my new £500 gun lol

After a few months it be more warn in :D

8 hours ago, Bobzy said:

Handguard

Rifle

Hi,

Yeah you need to fit a spacer as the barrel nut won't hold the barrel in if you change it and you can just pull out.

Further reading of faq's

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0/edit?usp=drivesdk

14 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Yeah I know  it get more scratches over time but I did not want to add more on my new £500 gun lol

After a few months it be more warn in :D

I have played 3 games with mine and the left side is pretty scratched tbh from slinging it. Don't mind it but yeah keep an eye out it won't stay pretty long

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

I have played 3 games with mine and the left side is pretty scratched tbh from slinging it. Don't mind it but yeah keep an eye out it won't stay pretty long

The cerakote is supposed to be quite resilient to scratching... has it been rubbing up against metal (metal on metal) against the mags on your plate carrier for example? Magpul slings will not scratch it as the furniture on them is plastic bar the actual clips...

On 24/05/2021 at 12:36, TadsJ2 said:

By buffer setup u mean: buffer tube? or buffer spring guide?

So I did it today, i've come to conclusion - 
G&P Adjustable nozzle (NPAS) works with adjustable nozzle stop - nozzle stop holds G&P NPAS nozzle sturdier than TM OG one. 
BUT in my case its a no go, on a lowest setting it gives me 410FPS, highest - 460; so i've put the NPAS set back together and its ~393FPS  - so its still working correctly after using it for ~ 20-30shots with adjustable nozzle stop. 

I wonder what could i do to loose 10FPS? :D

image.thumb.png.dc56d298e0e360577bef9613148d7a3e.png

In the photo on the right - lowest setting on adjustable nozzle stop. 

thanks for your nice feedback. i decided to try ag nozzle set gen.2 for now. heard about g&p adj.nozzle unconsistent fps. i will see 🤔.

1 hour ago, sabaka said:

thanks for your nice feedback. i decided to try ag nozzle set gen.2 for now. heard about g&p adj.nozzle unconsistent fps. i will see 🤔.

I wouldnt say its inconsistent. U find a desirable FPS and loctite the NPAS screw, then its nice and sturdy and goes nowhere. 
AG V2 is a little more inconsistent than G&P NPAS, the best consistency i've seen is on G&P adjustable nozzle stop.

19 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The cerakote is supposed to be quite resilient to scratching... has it been rubbing up against metal (metal on metal) against the mags on your plate carrier for example? Magpul slings will not scratch it as the furniture on them is plastic bar the actual clips...

Not sure what it rubbed against, possibly mags although unlikely. I did run it slung on my back for a bit but yeah not sure. Nothing deep just a lighter colour on the Cerakote

Was finally able to get my Mk18 rail off with the Tacticool22 M&P 15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench. Was way easier than using the G&P URX tool since I was able to get way more torque on it. Now to get a second SixG nub, since my original one went to my Block II upper...

Angrygun 10” mcmr is finally on! I think I prefer this look over the 8” mcmr, although I did really like the feel of the 8” handguard... At least they both use the same barrel nut so I can swap between easily, and I’m using outer barrel extensions to accommodate  the extra length which makes it doubly easy. 
AF80EB6C-A9DB-4859-9E9A-A347A9F1C225.thumb.jpeg.96bb31c0890ac50da07b5c560c00fac4.jpeg

I also tried installing the RiW flat hop chamber. 
DC2B305B-8119-4D31-AF52-E5F9CE976AA3.thumb.jpeg.a2e8fdb8a1519380c643172df21636d7.jpeg

Initial impressions were good, the CNC chamber is well made and the concave buckings have a really good fit against the indentation in the arm. However I was unable to use the buckings they provided with my edgi barrel, it was too thick to fully close the hop chamber. I went back to an Autobot which was also very tight but was able to shut which some fiddling.

In terms of adjustment with the hop wheel, there are definitely fewer clicks available, however I was able to sufficiently hop 0.32s. Visually when looking down the barrel, I don’t see any difference between this hop chamber and the stock one with an omega nub, so I have my doubts about the usefulness of this upgrade.

On 26/05/2021 at 23:34, AlphaBear said:

exactly this! I have taken my MK18 to 1 game and the left side has very light scratches, almost superficial, some of them rubbed off and some remained but they are very faint. It’s from the gun resting and rubbing against my mags, metal on metal as alphabear says. The mags on the other hand have actually lost paint work, so they look worse than the rifle. I bought some Magpuls to prevent this. 3 genuine Magpul and 3 from Amazon almost identical price but the Magpul mag assist are a much tighter fit on the mags and this is what you want.

My TM M45A1 mags gave a pretty deep scratch near my trigger guard when slung it to my side. They have metal bumpers on the bottom, unlike the TM MEU mags which have plastic bumpers. Put some black paint in the scratch to kinda blend it back in. My old WE M4 and WE M14EBR are beat and scratched to hell, but for some reason I get bothered when my MWS gets a scratch

I went to HAO Industries and ordered a handguard for the MWS. I ordered the wrong size. I asked for cancelation and refund on Friday but haven't gotten any replies yet. Is this because it is a weekend or because they are not active?

I am panicking a bit. 

Edited by Bobzy

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Why do you want a refund? Can't you just change order for the correct size? Or have you just changed your mind? Either way I'm sure you will get refund or the correct part 👍

Regards 

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Why do you want a refund? Can't you just change order for the correct size? Or have you just changed your mind? Either way I'm sure you will get refund or the correct part 👍

Regards 

The correct size is less expensive so it makes sense for me to get a full refund and then reorder the right size

4 minutes ago, Bobzy said:

The correct size is less expensive so it makes sense for me to get a full refund and then reorder the right size

I think they will sort you out so chill and all will be well👍

Regards 

42 minutes ago, Bobzy said:

I went to HAO Industries and ordered a handguard for the MWS. I ordered the wrong size. I asked for cancelation and refund on Friday but haven't gotten any replies yet. Is this because it is a weekend or because they are not active?

I am panicking a bit. 

Assuming you're in the UK, or a handful of other places which are listed on HAOs website, shipping is currently suspended so I expect they'll get round to a cancellation/refund before it'd be getting sent out.