THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

12 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

so in theory this should help with gas consistency? will it affect FPS

Sorry mate, your right it won't help with consistency it will just increase the FPS.  I should have read your post more carefully.

On 13/05/2021 at 23:00, Wild Weasel said:

Sorry mate, your right it won't help with consistency it will just increase the FPS.  I should have read your post more carefully.

Its okay dude, i wanted to decrease the fps a lil bit, thanks for the tip, but can you clarify, what you suggested to do it will help with gas consistency?

32 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Its okay dude, i wanted to decrease the fps a lil bit, thanks for the tip, but can you clarify, what you suggested to do it will help with gas consistency?

Nothing, I totally mis read your post. What I was getting at was lengthening the valve spring in the nozzle should cause the valve to close slower (in theory) and increase FPS and conversely shortening it should close faster and decrease FPS.

I’ve just joined the club! Just awaiting an optic and then I’m all set. I’m running it on green gas and I have an upgraded rubber and hop arm to change out. 

What’s a good barrel tool to remove the barrel so I can change the parts?

The buffer is plastic, any good replacements for when it may break?

9C62BD1C-0C48-486B-B447-D42F24A302E6.jpeg

@Recoil_It's always nice to see a brand spanking new MWS...one can almost smell that new RIF smell when you see it..... ;)

The MK18 MWS....... welcome to the world of frustration....! Unfortunately there is no easy way of removing the Marui MK18 rail. I suggest you have a read of the last 50 pages or  so and your question will be answered.... Owners on here have found ingenuous ways of removing the barrel nut. I think one even use an angle grinder at some point... 😂 .You will need to either create a custom tool or find a compatible tool to remove the barrel nut... And which upgraded rubber and hop arm are you specifically talking about.... we are a nosey bunch on here... 

Edited by AlphaBear

33 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Nothing, I totally mis read your post. What I was getting at was lengthening the valve spring in the nozzle should cause the valve to close slower (in theory) and increase FPS and conversely shortening it should close faster and decrease FPS.

Thanks, will try :)

Also @SSPKali would u mind doing a quick photo how did u install G&P adjustable nozzle piston? I have problems with mine, it doesnt give any adjustment whether i set it on high/low or medium setting and the sound after shot is really weird

Edited by TadsJ2

4 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Also @SSPKali would u mind doing a quick photo how did u install G&P adjustable nozzle piston? I have problems with mine, it doesnt give any adjustment whether i set it on high/low or medium setting and the sound after shot is really weird

Is this the G&P adjustable NPAS valve you are talking about? It's the one you just drop into the BCG right? 

@AlphaBear
I'll be installing the ML Autobot 60° 2021 and the Laylax MWS strike hop arm. I do love the look of the DD rail. It's a lovely bit of kit.

2 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Hey, it was the adjustable valve STOP, not the adjustable valve. The stop is the part on the end nozzle spring that has the thin screw go through it and hold it in place.

There are 3 holes drilled in it at different points round the circumference and they hold the stop at different depths. The little pin tool is there to align it before putting the screw in.

59 minutes ago, Recoil_ said:

@AlphaBear
I'll be installing the ML Autobot 60° 2021 and the Laylax MWS strike hop arm. I do love the look of the DD rail. It's a lovely bit of kit.

I agree the MK18 is a great rail. I rock one too. But sadly Marui’s take on it has been well how can I put it nicely... bonkers. You need a tool to take off the barrel nut and you just can’t get to it like you can with a conventional MK18. As I said there’s a special tool available now. Check out my post on p188. 

@AlphaBear
Seen, looks like I'll await shipping from the states then!

Edited by Recoil_

52 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Hey, it was the adjustable valve STOP, not the adjustable valve. The stop is the part on the end nozzle spring that has the thin screw go through it and hold it in place.

There are 3 holes drilled in it at different points round the circumference and they hold the stop at different depths. The little pin tool is there to align it before putting the screw in.

Yes i am talking about this adjustable valve STOP. I am trying to use it in conjunction with G&P plastic nozzle which came with reinforced nozzle set, but I dunno, it just seem not to work with it...
Maybe its because my inner barrel is 410mm length? Well dunno, I am going away for vacations, will have to try more when I get back, somehow my TM MP7 is shooting as consistent as MWS does with G&P 5.0 NPAS set and all other upgrades (MP7 wasnt upgraded at all, just nozzle changed to reinforced one), just MWS is shooting further away, probably because of ~33FPS difference between them :D 

Edited by TadsJ2

Just got mym-lok rail from JK army and the one thing I am worried about is the rail anti rotation grub screws (correct name?) are metal and not nylon.

I take I should not use the anti rotation grub screws  until I can replace them with nylon ones so I don't mark the body of the gun?

Does anyone know the size I would need ?

Thank you for any help.IMG_20210515_124225947_HDR.thumb.jpg.f298ca7e58dc98ceb3d5e7666e43fd11.jpg

2 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Yes i am talking about this adjustable valve STOP. I am trying to use it in conjunction with G&P plastic nozzle which came with reinforced nozzle set, but I dunno, it just seem not to work with it...
Maybe its because my inner barrel is 410mm length? Well dunno, I am going away for vacations, will have to try more when I get back, somehow my TM MP7 is shooting as consistent as MWS does with G&P 5.0 NPAS set and all other upgrades (MP7 wasnt upgraded at all, just nozzle changed to reinforced one), just MWS is shooting further away, probably because of ~33FPS difference between them :D 

I found the stop gave lower FPS (260fps?) on the "high" setting than the stock TM one. Mid and Low were noticeably less (220fps and 150fps IIRC?) This was with 0.30g BBs and a 255mm barrel

I took 0.1mm off the prongs on the front and it raised the FPS quite a bit (+30 to +50fps depending on setting) so only a small change in position makes a HUGE difference in the output of the gun.

Okay I got the rail on now but I had to file down area where the front take down pin makes contact and the area where the pin goes passed the anti rotation screw block or I could not connect the upper and lower together.

IMG_20210515_172135148_HDR.thumb.jpg.f9955a5d589950c7b1dc049c63a0873b.jpg

Now I did try with my 7inch inner barrel but the fps was bit low with .25 from 200 to 236 FPS on 134a gas so i will wait till I get hpa so I can bump up the PSI aa little.

830541534_IMG_20210515_1532595682.thumb.jpg.2e33b069d0293d41a62f4ccd391f26f4.jpg

So I added the stock inner barrel back and used extention barrel bit for now but I think the stock outer barrel would be shorter so I will change it again later.

588927220_IMG_20210515_1600517032.thumb.jpg.51dc917f9f8d7a0b57b44c1cdc9e52ce.jpg

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

Okay I got the rail on now but I had to file down area where the front take down pin makes contact and the area where the pin goes passed the anti rotation screw block or I could not connect the upper and lower together.

IMG_20210515_172135148_HDR.thumb.jpg.f9955a5d589950c7b1dc049c63a0873b.jpg

Now I did try with my 7inch inner barrel but the fps was bit low with .25 from 200 to 236 FPS on 134a gas so i will wait till I get hpa so I can bump up the PSI aa little.

830541534_IMG_20210515_1532595682.thumb.jpg.2e33b069d0293d41a62f4ccd391f26f4.jpg

So I added the stock inner barrel back and used extention barrel bit for now but I think the stock outer barrel would be shorter so I will change it again later.

588927220_IMG_20210515_1600517032.thumb.jpg.51dc917f9f8d7a0b57b44c1cdc9e52ce.jpg

What on earth is going on here lol

Got to run my Mk18 stock on .30s today and it was operating flawlessly. Was outranging a lot of my friend's AEGs and since I zeroed my optic, it was pretty much point and click. Now just gotta stick the SixG nub and Tan Modify bucking in my second upper to see how well it goes in comparison.

Also, no issues reloading my mags multiple times with the Airsoft Tailor adaptor for the Odin speedloader. Got the tension on the clutch set just enough to reliably load 33-34 shots every time.

12 hours ago, Recoil_ said:

@AlphaBear
Seen, looks like I'll await shipping from the states then!

I believe this should do it..... probably worth a punt..

https://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_97&products_id=14380

965bd00463cd7309b417b00ebc65b518.image.400x300.jpg

9 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

Got to run my Mk18 stock on .30s today and it was operating flawlessly. Was outranging a lot of my friend's AEGs and since I zeroed my optic, it was pretty much point and click. Now just gotta stick the SixG nub and Tan Modify bucking in my second upper to see how well it goes in comparison.

Also, no issues reloading my mags multiple times with the Airsoft Tailor adaptor for the Odin speedloader. Got the tension on the clutch set just enough to reliably load 33-34 shots every time.

The airsoft tailor adapter? This is intriguing... :)

@Kerberosthis one?

https://www.airtac.me/product-page/tm-mws-odin-sidewinder-adapter

Edited by AlphaBear

1 hour ago, Recoil_ said:

@AlphaBearhttps://www.brownells.co.uk/MP-15-22-BARREL-NUT-WRENCH-TACTICOOL22-100015709

I think I've found it! £40 but better than paying £50 in shipping!

Well that seems promising. At that price it’s worth a punt. Let us all know how you get on. 

On 15/05/2021 at 08:46, Recoil_ said:

I’ve just joined the club! Just awaiting an optic and then I’m all set. I’m running it on green gas and I have an upgraded rubber and hop arm to change out. 

What’s a good barrel tool to remove the barrel so I can change the parts?

The buffer is plastic, any good replacements for when it may break?

9C62BD1C-0C48-486B-B447-D42F24A302E6.jpeg

Still on the plastic buffer after two years with no problems. With regards to upgrades if I could go back and tell my younger self I'd upgrade the hop nub (six g) the lightweight bolt catch and green gas mod the mags and save the money for externals as I've tried most 'upgrades' and found for me anyway that there a disappointment and had to spend money reverting to original parts and I now hit a crouching man size target at 60m at under 350fps.

listen for the ting of the hits - 2x sprayed joined metal plasterer's hawks targets 325x650mm in size shooting 0.30g Geoff's super natural bio bb's on a windless day.

Edited by Wild Weasel
Spelling

11 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

The 50 shades of tan lol

I was more talking about the tiny rail and a long range scope lol all kinds of frankengun going on. Keep doing you lol.

Fyi buddy, those anti rotation screws are supposed to be metal. Just use them, mark the body..it don't matter..its gonna get dings anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Still on the plastic buffer after two years with no problems. With regards to upgrades if I could go back and tell my younger self I'd upgrade the hop nub (six g) the lightweight bolt catch and green gas mod the mags and save the money for externals as I've tried most 'upgrades' and found for me anyway that there a disappointment and had to spend money reverting to original parts and I now hit a crouching man size target at 60m at under 350fps.

listen for the ting of the hits - 2x sprayed joined metal plasterer's hawks targets 325x650mm in size shooting 0.30g Geoff's super natural bio bb's on a windless day.

You should be able to lift .46 with the brass nub and reach 70m. Worth trying.

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Now that’s an awesome back garden...

Can I come over and range test all my gear 😂

Ill bring beers too ;)