THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 07/05/2021 at 15:22, SSPKali said:

+/- 2fps on a GBBR? I call BS 😁

I am not sure all vertical deviation is due to fps fluctuations, I imagine that hop up and ammo will have a bigger impact on this. I tested mine at 10m last night and even with the fps changes I put 5 Guarder 0.36g BBs all in a 15mm square box. Other brands and weights (two 0.30g and one 0.32g) were up to a 25mm x 35mm box (sideways spread)

I would get some samples of BBs (both different brands and weights) and see which plays best with your set up.

If you want to DM me I am happy to post you a baggie of the different ones I have to save a small fortune on BBs 😁

Thanks mate, I've been through a fair few like, Geoff's 0.25's, 0.30's, 0.40's and finally ended up on 0.32's for 270fps. I have in the past used bls and tippmann as well. Accuracy wise my best is on here somewhere at around 45x40 @ 20m.

200 pages, woo, hoo!!!!

26 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

I think like 260fps not much lol

I’d probably be looking at a .28-.32 max for that sort of FPS

Thanks will do 😁

Would going from the stock barrel lenth to a 7inch barrel really mess up my range?

Thanks.

Edited by GothicGhost

19 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

I am using Abbey 144a predator summer gas if that matter much?

Thanks.

Use the next one up. Abbey Predator for average weather conditions. Unless 20+ degrees then use something weaker like the 144a.

This will help the weapon cycle crisper and should give better fps. Not sure how big a deal this will have on range and accuracy.

I have the brass nub and yeah its good. Deffo recommend heavier bbs .28 is what I have been using but about to test some .32 Geoffs supers.

TBH I don't get the absolute best in class range but it isn't bad either and it is consistent with good accuracy.

Best tracer BBs for MWS/GBB?

Hey all slightly off topic but you all know your stuff on bbs here and it is related to my MWS.

So I want to use tracers for CQB. Still need good accuracy for mix of indoor and outdoor so don't wanna go below .25. Was ideally looking for .28 but anyway my questions are about the quality of tracer ammo.

I know the heavier BBs are the softer they get and so I want to make sure I don't fuck my nozzle. From what I can see are tracers lower quality than normal polished BBs?

Both the Abbey and Geoff non bio. Don't offer their highest grade in tracer. But that might just be to do with the polishing.

Also why do Goeffs only come in heavy tracers that are Bio. I know you all swear by it but I am never touching Bios in my GBBR.

5 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Use the next one up. Abbey Predator for average weather conditions. Unless 20+ degrees then use something weaker like the 144a.

This will help the weapon cycle crisper and should give better fps. Not sure how big a deal this will have on range and accuracy.

I have the brass nub and yeah its good. Deffo recommend heavier bbs .28 is what I have been using but about to test some .32 Geoffs supers.

TBH I don't get the absolute best in class range but it isn't bad either and it is consistent with good accuracy.

Best tracer BBs for MWS/GBB?

Hey all slightly off topic but you all know your stuff on bbs here and it is related to my MWS.

So I want to use tracers for CQB. Still need good accuracy for mix of indoor and outdoor so don't wanna go below .25. Was ideally looking for .28 but anyway my questions are about the quality of tracer ammo.

I know the heavier BBs are the softer they get and so I want to make sure I don't fuck my nozzle. From what I can see are tracers lower quality than normal polished BBs?

Both the Abbey and Geoff non bio. Don't offer their highest grade in tracer. But that might just be to do with the polishing.

Also why do Goeffs only come in heavy tracers that are Bio. I know you all swear by it but I am never touching Bios in my GBBR.

I use Geoffs .32 Bio tracers in my both my MWS and TM MP7 with no issues so far.  .32 at 260'ish fps for CQB would be a dick move though, IMO 

I was doing some testing on my V2 mags and I don't know why but sometimes on a freshly gassed magazine the the very firsy shot the fps is lower and then it rises up and stabilises?

7 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

I was doing some testing on my V2 mags and I don't know why but sometimes on a freshly gassed magazine the the very firsy shot the fps is lower and then it rises up and stabilises?

Probably because of a light strike on the gas valve due to the pressure in the mag. Once the pressure drops a little the valve knocker can open the valve fully = higher FPS.

7 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I use Geoffs .32 Bio tracers in my both my MWS and TM MP7 with no issues so far.  .32 at 260'ish fps for CQB would be a dick move though, IMO 

+1 for Geoffs

No issues with 0.32g in CQB, it is still the same energy as a 0.20g moving a lot faster 🤷‍♂️

Small review on the Revanchist 45 degree selector. 

# Easy to install. 
# Fit and finish is great but not superb. There is maybe one mm of mushy play in each setting (safe and semi) but both settings have a steady and affirmative “click”. 
# A bonus for me is that you don’t need to run it ambi. Simply leave out the right side selector and the selector cylinder will end flush with the receiver. (You could even alter the positions of the long and short selector tabs respectively. In case you rather want the long tab on the right side of the receiver) 

All in all very happy with this purchase. Now moving on to install the bolt stop lever from the same brand. Strong aluminum and super light weight. I hope it will hold up to my aluminum BCG and allow for the use of a B.A.D lever. 

3B5161A9-9919-4B08-AB98-685710400C07.jpeg

Edited by Hypokondrikern
Clarity

14 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Just stripped the threads of my TM bolt carrier don't suppose anybody's got one they want rid of?

Cheers

Firesupport to the rescue - gonna go for a angry gun fde bolt I'm told that they sell dozens of them and don't get any back so I'm inclined to listen to him.

Folks,

Impulse101 have had a huge restock of Marui MWS parts... So get your springs, nozzles, buffers and whatever you feel you need a duplicate of.... or triplicate of or in my case QUADRUPLICATE of (is that even a word lol)

And if you choose the airmail option it's about £9 equivalent and takes circa 2 week

Happy shopping...

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Folks,

Impulse101 have had a huge restock of Marui MWS parts... So get your springs, nozzles, buffers and whatever you feel you need a duplicate of.... or triplicate of or in my case QUADRUPLICATE of (is that even a word lol)

And if you choose the airmail option it's about £9 equivalent and takes circa 2 week

Happy shopping...

No bolts or carriers though😟

15 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

No bolts or carriers though😟

Set up a stock alert. They come in in small quantities. 

Although they have most of the parts in so you can probably make up a new BCG from scratch lol

Edited by AlphaBear

It's always good to see this BB debate bubbling along... there really isn't a right or wrong answer when it comes to BB's other than DONT USE NUPROLS in a MWS!!!

Like anything with an MWS, no two will probably function the same but will do within tolerances. The science and engineering behind the MWS is such that different people will have varying results. This is so true in the case of BB's. What works well for one person may not necessarily work as good for another. I believe It's trial and error to some degree, not I deal I know but that's the platform we are working with. 

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Folks,

Happy shopping...

I was quick and able to snag a second upper receiver before they ran out, since i'm having so much trouble taking off the Mk18 rails. Gonna keep the Mk18 upper stock for CQB and make the second upper for longer range. Already got my SixG nub and modify tan bucking ready from before I even bought my MWS last year

Edited by Kerberos

Hey guys,
So i finally managed to take out the castle/barrel nut off, I am at this part right now where i dunno what to do next and dont want to harm my MTR.

Should i just try to yank out the outer/innerbarrel right now (its really stiff) or should I do sth before this?

20210511_164304.jpg

Edited by TadsJ2

9 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Hey guys,
So i finally managed to take out the castle/barrel nut off, I am at this part right now where i dunno what to do next and dont want to harm my MTR.

Should i just try to yank out the outer/innerbarrel right now (its really stiff) or should I do sth before this?

20210511_164304.jpg

That MTR barrel looks like a giant drill bit...!! ;)

If the receiver end is the same as a regular MWS then a wee knock with a rubber mallet should do it... I'd check the manual first though just to make sure there's nothing extra in the MTR receiver/barrel assembly over a MWS just in case there's a grub screw lurking..

Well thats the problem, i dont see any screw in the diagram but cant really figure out whether outer and inner barrels are held in by that MGG6-12 or not... And how should i take it out, whether it is necessary to take it out 

20210511_170825.jpg

Talking about this part which is still left on my upper receiver

image.png.7963c2123f6d63b8b914abbd9d5368d5.png

nope, this shit has to be taken out as well...

No photo description available.

Edited by TadsJ2

Okay it gave in after excess heat and bashing on top of it, i even managed not to damage the last nut! now goes the upgrades

EDIT: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS MTR16, the last nut should be unscrewed in the same direction as the first one! 

Edited by TadsJ2

16 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Okay it gave in after excess heat and bashing on top of it, i even managed not to damage the last nut! now goes the upgrades

EDIT: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS MTR16, the last nut should be unscrewed in the same direction as the first one! 

There you go. If all else fails give it a good bash lol. Truth be told some of the MWS’s are like that too. You just got to give them a wee bash to dislodge any suction or whatever is holding the collar in place with the receiver. 

Yea, another head scratcher for you guys, so i changed the inner barrel to 410mm ML crazy jet and ML decepticon 70degree 2021 bucking alongside ML omega nub

It shoots with angry gun v2 npas at 410 FPS, all seemed fine until... i found out that my bolt lock stopped functioning! it doesnt lock the bolt on empty mag anymore, why is that?
The only thing i changed from previous setup that worked just fin is the inner barrel and bucking!
Is my gun shooting on 410 fps is causing that ? Before i did this upgrade (this morning) bolt lock was still functioning!

Lowered the NPAS to minimum and the bolt lock sometimes works (on dry fire) and sometimes it doesnt, what could be the problem here?

Edited by TadsJ2

Could this be a cause of it? That wear on the bolt?

20210511_192311.jpg

asking about this part specifically

image.png.fbf89cfbcf267a692ee87c04bc562023.png

EDIT: I've found out that i bented one of my mag's, fixed the bent and it started bolt locking, but still bolt lock is not 100% anymore, all my other mags arent bented near the bolt lock latch on the mag, is there any fixes i can try? 

Edited by TadsJ2

On 10/05/2021 at 16:34, gunbod007 said:

I've personally had best success with Tippmann tracers. By success I mean they light up the brightest with my Lighter S. I used ASG Blaster tracers when I didn't have Tippmann BBs on hand and the difference in brightness is very noticable. I've never had a jam or bb-explosion with Tippmann bbs either!