THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

29 minutes ago, MiniLuxy said:

Yeah, I planning in the future to change a sling to magpul or vtac. It's just temporary because my funds dried out... even over spent a little bit xD and this Viper sling was on discount and looked nice. It's not that bad but it's not excellent either. It should hold for a while

Viper will serve you well👍🙂

7 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Right folks I've had it with npas. What's the best option for sub 350fps on a standard setup using propane?

What FPS are you getting stock with propane?

Edited by Davegolf

7 hours ago, Davegolf said:

What FPS are you getting stock with propane?

Couldn't tell you, after reading this thread before I bought the rifle I put an angry gun mpa nozzle in immediately, then a npas from r a tech and had FPS fluctuations ever since.

These are my findings with the setup at the bottom the piston is lightly greased with tech T salve and mags V1 & V2 are GG modded - I'm ideally after those 2 - 3 FPS variations that some people on here describe but mostly i'd like a set and forget (within reason ~20° c) on propane and geoff's 0.32g at 270fps so I don't have to mess on at chrono and have 4 ok shots and one that goes over wildly:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

P.s. Dave - off for some testing at my range today as John at firesupport managed to hook me up with a complete new inner barrel and hop up set!!!

10 hours ago, MiniLuxy said:

And I have a question to G&P Nozzle Valve ( 4.0 ) users. What fps/joules you have on max settings? At least I think is max settings... A screw should be all inside the nozzle right? Because I have only ~310fps/1,24J on 0,28g it's just a little above 350fps(0,2g) using Nuprol 2.0 green gas. I was hoping that at least ~450fps/1,8J(0,2g) would be drawn 😕. Maybe I messed up sth during re-assembling?

1619896658269.jpg

1619896658263.jpg

1619896658259.jpg

You are running the Dynamic Precision valve stopper not the one G&P supply with the 4.0 valve - this might be causing the issue?

Moving the stop point forward or back a fraction of a mm can have a BIG influence on the FPS.

11 hours ago, MiniLuxy said:

Yeah, I planning in the future to change a sling to magpul or vtac. It's just temporary because my funds dried out... even over spent a little bit xD and this Viper sling was on discount and looked nice. It's not that bad but it's not excellent either. It should hold for a while

Sounds like a good idea, and yes, it's easy to clock up the cost! I had the Viper VX and it was fine for a couple of games, then I noticed it wearing in places. No way I wanted to trust a £600 gun to a £12 sling.  I got a the BFG VCAS from UK Tactical and it's absolutely awesome. 

46 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@Wild Weasel you can run a completely standard MWS with a 6.03 barrel and that will get you around 330 on 0.2s

This might sound like a silly question but say you use the 134 low powered gas and get around 280fps on stock mws.

Then you change to better barrel that increases the fps to around 330/340 would that be adding extra stress on a stock gun or would be the same stress levels because the gas used is still low powered?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

This might sound like a silly question but say you use the 134 low powered gas and get around 280fps on stock mws.

Then you change to better barrel that increases the fps to around 330/340 would that be adding extra stress on a stock gun or would be the same stress levels because the gas used is still low powered?

Thank you.

I don't think there would be extra stress involved as the pressure of the gas would be constant. A longer barrel simply allows a larger volume of gas a longer time to accelerate the BB, before the rocket valve closes and the bolt cycles. Slightly more gas per shot, higher BB speed but no change in the pressure of the system.

5 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Thank you.

Low powered duster yes sub 300, but a tightbore barrel and high power gas / propane will net much higher power.

Im not talking a longer barrel either, just a 250mm 6.03 for 330.

If you went upto a 370mm 6.03 power will climb a lot more.

Just for the multiple people asking about power and stuff. Feel free to play about with the bits that you are.

But I am running completely stock internals besides the SixG number from @Davegolfand the thing is about 310-330fps on .20 temp dependant. 

The sites I play chronological on Joules so not much point in me trying to increase the FPS in anyway.

Really would just say play a few games with it standard and see how you get on.

Barrel length/bore size and an NPAS are all you really need to up the power to any level you can use in the UK.

A couple of my MWS also have an angry gun v2 piston head and an after market rocket valve spring, but that was just because the OEM parts had started to wear and it’s much harder to get new OEM parts than the after market ones (and they work fine).

51 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Barrel length/bore size and an NPAS are all you really need to up the power to any level you can use in the UK.

A couple of my MWS also have an angry gun v2 piston head and an after market rocket valve spring, but that was just because the OEM parts had started to wear and it’s much harder to get new OEM parts than the after market ones (and they work fine).

I have a Mk2 AG nozzle and it seems much better than the Mk1 (even ignoring the piston cup that expanded then dissolved when in contact with *any* kind of oil!) Plus the new version of the Dynamic Precision nozzle seems better and not as brittle as the old shiny one.

FPS is within +/-7fps between 20 shots so on par with the stock set up. 

Aftermarket valve springs (I think DP in my case) add about 25fps for 0.30g in my experience. Cutting a coil off them brings it back down to close on the TM one. 

I have a couple of TM nozzles and valve springs (have a spare valve from Eagle6 already) on their way from HK as insurance against disasters / parts shortages. 😁

Edited by SSPKali
Extra info

Got a few bits on order to turn this 10.3" URGI into a 11.5" FBI HRT rifle...

I will more than likely be selling the ODG Cerakote rail, 10.3" Outer barrel and Magpul furniture from this build if anyone would be interested? 

Wouldn't be for a while though! 

IMG_20201217_140855_103.jpg

8 hours ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

When you're ready to sell let me know, I can't find that stock anywhere for love nor money!

I ordered it from Brownells bud, they're very good for the harder to find American made parts.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-MOE-SL-K-STOCK-COLLAPSIBLE-MIL-SPEC-FDE-MAGPUL-Flat-Dark-Earth-Polymer-Collapsible-Lightweight-100018595

They've got a sale on Magpul stuff at the moment also! 👍

On 04/05/2021 at 01:29, gunbod007 said:

You wanna buy some death sticks?

Only if they have glitter on and covered with Marui fairy dust. Us operators have a rep you know. 

What would be the better option to reloading the magazine in the field out of the TM m4 speed loader TM or this adapter so I can use any speed load it seems TM MWS M4 speed loader adapter

I currently have the  Nuprol NP XL 470 BB Speedloader Nuprol loader  but it don't seem to work well at all, I don't see how the TM version much better as they look the same??

The tube loader you get with the gun  works really good but I can't carry that around with me  it's too big lol.

Thanks for advice let me know what you use thank you.

il_794xN.2517696593_av9t.jpg

il_794xN.2920726424_pjrl.jpg

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

What would be the better option to reloading the magazine in the field out of the TM m4 speed loader TM or this adapter so I can use any speed load it seems TM MWS M4 speed loader adapter

I currently have the  Nuprol NP XL 470 BB Speedloader Nuprol loader  but it don't seem to work well at all, I don't see how the TM version much better as they look the same??

The tube loader you get with the gun  works really good but I can't carry that around with me  it's too big lol.

That adaptor just looks like a HUGE version of the little fold-down one you get on speedloaders.

Nuprol looks just like the TM one? So why didn't you buy a Nuprol M4 instead of the MWS? LOL 🤣

I have been using the TM one on new and second hand mags for 2+ years with zero issues.

Not to just horribly self promote but; have you considered an Odin sidewinder and adapter? I designed it for myself and was asked to print some for friends then made a whole thing out of it.

Odins are finally back in stock and Airtac UK are printing my adapters as my machines are all poorly. Mag catch, oring so you only lose 1/2 bbs when changing mags. Fills a mag in a couple of seconds. 

C06E9D07-D75F-42D9-8B22-C66B0E287358.thumb.jpeg.e69fad85c17df11dde8388786ff8a605.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Airsoft Tailoring said:

Not to just horribly self promote but; have you considered an Odin sidewinder and adapter? I designed it for myself and was asked to print some for friends then made a whole thing out of it.

Odins are finally back in stock and Airtac UK are printing my adapters as my machines are all poorly. Mag catch, oring so you only lose 1/2 bbs when changing mags. Fills a mag in a couple of seconds. 

C06E9D07-D75F-42D9-8B22-C66B0E287358.thumb.jpeg.e69fad85c17df11dde8388786ff8a605.jpeg

I have heard second hand that they would be a terrible Idea for GBB mags and could cause damage

4 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

The TM one is great. It basically has a little adapter that swings and enables you to load a GBB mag

Edited by gunbod007