THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I just wondered, I think there is no way to make HoneyBadger look work for TM MWS is there? I suppose its not possible cause of the recoil shock spring? 

Honey Badger® by Q

Edited by TadsJ2

You won't get parts that look exactly like what Q is using for the Badger, but there are alternatives.

G&P and 5KU make retractable stock sets for the mws - they usually come with shorter springs and recoil buffers.

Dytac makes a SLR style upper and lower receiver set which aesthetically is similar to the Q Badgers desgin(besides the color/paint job).

Foregrip is similar to a MCMR, plenty of replicas out there.

Pistolgrip looks like the cheapest Magpul one.

Slap on a short aftermarket barrel and dummy silencer and you'll get something that might even look better than the Honey Badger.

So I know you guys love your heavier bbs. How heavy would you guy on a stock gun, besides the super six G nub? I am not fucking around with buffers, nozzles or bcgs to get better FPS but yeah how heavy to go before too slow? I am toying with .30 or .32 after having played a few games with .28

Also which brand? I know you all love your Geoffs. I currently use ASG blaster but I am worried at heavier weights they my be too soft.

Finally. If Geoffs. where is the best place to get them. And why are they so much better?

Edited by gunbod007

If your engagements average over 45M then run at least 0.32

Gas dependant you can run upto 330 FPS which gives a decently fast BB flight time.

Heavier than 0.32, ie 0.36, will eek out the long range accuracy even further and negate cross winds.

If you regularly play at field that allow 350-360 FPS then consider getting a Prommy 6.03 barrel, this will boost the FPS nicely without negatively effecting any of the TM magic, you’ll also get a little more gas mileage 

If you are going to run ASG, then use Devil’s, they are higher grade.

If you look back historically it’s only a matter of time before cheap BBs fook your nozzle.

11 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If your engagements average over 45M then run at least 0.32

Gas dependant you can run upto 330 FPS which gives a decently fast BB flight time.

Heavier than 0.32, ie 0.36, will eek out the long range accuracy even further and negate cross winds.

If you regularly play at field that allow 350-360 FPS then consider getting a Prommy 6.03 barrel, this will boost the FPS nicely without negatively effecting any of the TM magic, you’ll also get a little more gas mileage 

If you are going to run ASG, then use Devil’s, they are higher grade.

If you look back historically it’s only a matter of time before cheap BBs fook your nozzle.

All my sites take weight into consideration with chrono so it will always have to travel slower but yeah I can use slightly stronger gas.

Yeah I supposed are the Devils any good compared with Geoffs. I never considered them as cheap and it Is what I use at the moment.

4 hours ago, Softcore said:

You won't get parts that look exactly like what Q is using for the Badger, but there are alternatives.

G&P and 5KU make retractable stock sets for the mws - they usually come with shorter springs and recoil buffers.

Dytac makes a SLR style upper and lower receiver set which aesthetically is similar to the Q Badgers desgin(besides the color/paint job).

Foregrip is similar to a MCMR, plenty of replicas out there.

Pistolgrip looks like the cheapest Magpul one.

Slap on a short aftermarket barrel and dummy silencer and you'll get something that might even look better than the Honey Badger.

Oh nice, thank you for the ideas! 

Do you maybe know the impact of retractable stock set on the performance of the gun? Also is the recoil worse with retractable stock?

Don't get me ranting on about cheap BB's.... I won't go on about it..... Promise... Scout's Honour... Honest! Bloody Nuprol RZR shite BB's!

This is my order...

1. G&G's - The only downside about G&G is that you can't get the heavier ammo grade in the UK... I'm not sure why but you just can't. 

2. Geoff's - (Super Precision variant. Geoff's do both Super Precision and Precision https://www.outdoorandtactical.co.uk/product/geoffs-super-precision-bbs-0-32g-3000-white

3. Longbow

4. BLS

5. ASG Devil Blasters

I think I will burn though the .25 and then get the brass nub and new bucking with some .32 later.

What spare parts should I buy now to keep on hand?

I am thinking nozzle springs and nozzle for sure and TM bucking x2.

I don't know if I need upgrades other than sixG super brass nub.

Andis the Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS better then the stock one?Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS

Thanks sorry for all the questions :)

Edited by GothicGhost

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

I think I will burn though the .25 and then get the brass nub and new bucking with some .32 later.

Andis the Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS better then the stock one?Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS

I have personally just done the sixG nub and haven't messed with any other internals. bearing in mind I am a noob to this but I am very happy so far.

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Covered only a few pages back;

Genuine armourer wrench, not some cheesium one.

Spare nozzle

Spare nozzle return springs

TechT GunSav

Parker gun oil

Mini screwdriver and pick set

Long Allen keys upto 5mm

(non of that ball hex crap :D)

HSB spacer is good for buffer longevity, shot consistency, faster cycle, and a little fps boost.

Thank you very much

Would this fit rail fit?

https://www.shootercbgear.com/new/index.php?route=product/product&path=960_971&product_id=3565&sort=p.date_added&order=DESC

I think I need the PTS adapter ring to go with it?

Thanks.

Edited by GothicGhost

56 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Covered only a few pages back;

Genuine armourer wrench, not some cheesium one.

Spare nozzle

Spare nozzle return springs

TechT GunSav

Parker gun oil

Mini screwdriver and pick set

Long Allen keys upto 5mm

(non of that ball hex crap :D)

HSB spacer is good for buffer longevity, shot consistency, faster cycle, and a little fps boost.

Best place to get nozzle springs?

My understanding is the PTS adapter would not work on the Handguard ARES Octarms 7 Inch Handguardas it only works for PTS own handguards?  https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Not sure what adapter to buy? and I think I need some barrel spacers/shims as well for the 5KU barrel? Barrel

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

My understanding is the PTS adapter would not work on the Handguard ARES Octarms 7 Inch Handguardas it only works for PTS own handguards?  https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Not sure what adapter to buy? and I think I need some barrel spacers/shims as well for the 5KU barrel? Barrel

Thanks.

So with the 5ku barrel you don't need an adapter. At least I don't with an angry gun rail, just needed a few shims under the barrel nut to tighten it up nicely. (Sometimes it does need some light sanding but not always.)

For the record a PTS adapter also works to fit most AEG type front rails onto the standard Marui barrel. Again the angry gun rail on the original standard mws outer barrel for me. I hope that that makes helps. Having said that I haven't had any direct experience with fitting an Area handguard. 

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

For nozzle springs just get the ones Eagle6 make. Trying to get the Marui ones will not be easy. You just need to keep an eye out on the Japanese and HK airsoft sites as they tend to have the MWS parts in more frequently. Mind you nozzles and springs don’t hang around long so it’s the luck of the draw or a stock alert email. 

PTS adapter - I use one but still had to use shims to achieve a tight fit. I added a couple to get my MK18 rail to fit snug. 

6 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

And is the Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS better then the stock one?Dynamic Precision Reinforced Nozzle For TM M4A1 MWS

I have been using the TM nozzle and had a DP one as a spare. I tested it the other day and found a slight FPS increase (I think it seats deeper in the bucking)....and then the back ripped off it!

Mine was probably purchased 18mths ago and the spare from JKArmy (here in 5 days!) looks like a less shiny (less brittle?!) plastic. 

I need to give it a proper test but initial thoughts are the TM valve doesn't fit as it is a hair too large a diameter. The alloy DP one is fine.

My TM nozzle has been giving inconsistent FPS (265, 266, 264, 150, 265...wait what?) and I think that is to do with the wear around the part that seals on the bucking.

20210426_192513.jpg

20210426_192327.jpg

Edited by SSPKali
Clarity

1 minute ago, SSPKali said:

I have been using the TM nozzle and had a DP one as a spare. I tested it the other day and found a slight FPS increase (I think it seats deeper in the bucking)....and then the back ripped off it! Mine was probably purchased 18mths ago and the spare from JKArmy (here in 5 days!) looks like a less shiny (brittle?!) plastic. 

I need to give it a proper test but initial thoughts are the TM valve doesn't fit as it is a hair too large a diameter. The alloy DP one is fine. My TM nozzle has been giving inconsistent FPS (265, 266, 264, 150, 265...wait what?) and I think that is to do with the wear on it.

20210426_192513.jpg

20210426_192327.jpg

Stand them up vertically and see if the new DP nozzle protrudes a tad more. To me it seems the head of the nozzle seems a tad longer than the Marui one. But it may well be the way the pic is taken. 

2 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

So with the 5ku barrel you don't need an adapter. At least I don't with an angry gun rail, just needed a few shims under the barrel nut to tighten it up nicely. (Sometimes it does need some light sanding but not always.)

For the record a PTS adapter also works to fit most AEG type front rails onto the standard Marui barrel. Again the angry gun rail on the original standard mws outer barrel for me. I hope that that makes helps. Having said that I haven't had any direct experience with fitting an Area handguard. 

Thank you where can I get the correct shim from? fire support do them?

Thank you.

Also UPS came and thanks to this thread I am £600 down and still more stuff I need to order 🤣🤣

IMG_20210429_145153395.jpg

IMG_20210429_145403674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210429_160949555~2.jpg

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Stand them up vertically and see if the new DP nozzle protrudes a tad more. To me it seems the head of the nozzle seems a tad longer than the Marui one. But it may well be the way the pic is taken. 

I would but they are all assembled as I have been testing them! One day when I am bored I will

EDIT I have measured the very old and worn TM one and the "old" but less used DP one - the DP is 0.41mm longer over all. New pic is the TM (left) and Old DP (right) side by side.

It seems that the lightweight bolt has worse issues with low fps randomness. I think that certain combinations of bolt and nozzle mean the the BB can be seated too deep in the bucking meaning less fps and hop. New TM bucking with 4 clicks on the adjuster...may need one or two more but I only have a 10m range!

DP nozzle with DP valve and G&P stop (low) in a DP lightweight bolt is giving 260fps (0.30g, ASG gas, 14degC)

Same set up with G&P stop in the mid position = 315fps.

No weird drops in power, all nice and consistent :)

TM bolt with AG Mk2 complete nozzle is giving 270fps +/-5fps. Plenty of adjustment either way to compensate for the weather and ammo weight.

I have the TM and AG Mk1 nozzles as spare spares should I trash the other two!

20210429_195852.jpg

Edited by SSPKali
Because I have no life and like measuring stuff

26 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Thank you where can I get the correct shim from? fire support do them?

Thank you

Yep fire support do them... They work on AEGs too. You don't necessarily need to use them, just some rails need them.

Barrel Shims

I bought the Prowin evo magazine V2 as a base for my custom 60 rnd DMAG. Here are some first impressions: 

Postive: 
# Most lightweight mag

# Solid construction

# Great finish

# Feeds well and consistent

Negative: 
# Can't load more than 46 bbs out of the box. I have left some in the magazine to see if I can weaken the spring and later cram in the last 6 - 9 promised bbs. 

# Bolt lock doesn't engage with alu bcg and HSB. It's to fast for the mag. 

I really hope I can fix the bolt lock problem as that was the reason I bought the mag...

On a side note. Lots of problems loading all mags with my TM speed loaders. I have lost the patience. Where can I source that plunger? ( it wasn't included with my second hand MWS )

Edited by Hypokondrikern