THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

EDIT: Well...seems like someone beat me to it :D

----------------------------------------

If you are not familiar with 4UAD SmartAirsoft on YouTube, now's the time to check them out! It's a relatively new channel dedicated to doing methodical and scientifically sound reviews of airsoft replicas. If you ask me, they are quickly becoming the gold standard in how airsoft guns should be reviewed. Anyway, they just hit a homerun with their newest review of no other than the Tokyo Marui MWS. An absolute must watch for all followers of this thread! And if you ask me, the go-to review of the MWS (with BadaBing's being a very close second).

Edited by demandt
Highlight to indicate duplicate of another comment

Forget all that stuff I mentioned about bad range, I am clearly just a poor judge of distance. I am getting about 50-60m with abbey predator.

Actually effective range 40-50m

It was very nice playing with it today. Lots of kills and left a few welts on the enemy. One guy even complained that I shot him too close in the face with a "bolt action"... 

For reference it was about 12- 14 degrees C during chrono and it was doing 270FPS on .28s with Abbey Ultra Predator.

Loved using this gun today!

8 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

What the differences between version one and two magazines?

I assume I would only get version two now buying gun and mags new.

Thanks.

Not sure what the physical difference in the internals but the out-of-the-box efficiency means that the "green gas" mod (chopping the fill tube) isn't needed.

Search for Baddabing's MWS video on Youtube as I think he covered this last year (MWS 4 years later video?!)

I got a load of V2 mags and cut the tube down anyway. Ran 5 mags Sunday, gassed them the night before and I gassed them at dinner.  Filled all of them up with bb’s repeatedly and it showed no sign of even slowing down. Until it stops working, I’ll always just the tubes short 

On 25/04/2021 at 10:06, SSPKali said:

I would check that the trigger box is seated fully in the lower receiver and that the fire selector is pressed in fully.

After that I would look to remove it (possibly with a drift if it is stiff...just be careful!) and look for burrs or other damage to it. Then check the trigger box components it interfaces with and check the trigger function.

Maybe test the trigger box out of the gun with the selector fitted? 

Okay so I checked that the trigger box was seated in fully and same for the fire selector. Everything seemed to be just fine. Tried to forcefully pull the fire selector off by myself with no luck. Then I clamped the gun into my desk and had my wife push the fire selector from the other side while I wiggled it around and pulled with pliers. Finally it came off. I then removed the trigger box and checked it in and out. Nothing seemed to be off, same for the fire selector itself. So I just ended up reassembling the whole thing and now everything seems to be working as it should.

I have no idea what was wrong in the first place.

Team, I thought I would run this by you and ask your thoughts on this and if I have done something to cause this failure and if so what, so nobody makes the same mistakes.

So I got in touch with Miguel regarding the scoring that happened whilst using my Hao Econoline REBCG bolt carrier.

This is a fairly large bit of e mail tennis here but if you own a Hao bolt I think it is worth your while to read as the way I have understood it is if you have aftermarket parts on your replica and you have a problem with your bolt they can't help and I believe one other on here has, so if we can figure out what went wrong we can save a buffer tube here and there!!!

So crew, what are your thoughts on this as I cannot think of anyone buying this bolt to put in a vanilla Mws?

Here is what I've emailed and the response:-

Hi,

Hope you are all well, unfortunately me and one other on the mws forum have developed a fault with our bolts damaging the internals of our mws's.

Much as it pains me to say this as I really love my Hao bolt it has started to create some significant scoring damage to the inside of my buffer tube and upper receiver to the point where I've had to replace my buffer tube and stop using this bolt. Although the dimensions seem relatively close to the original bolt for some reason the roller has scored the lower part of the back of the upper and the buffer tube for which I have had to replace, please see attached photos.

I believe however through a slight modification of a smaller diameter roller wheel would help with this problem rather than a complete redo of the whole bolt.

I hope you can help with this as I really like the look and the lightweight action of this bolt.

Many thanks.

Matt Kills him

Dear Mills,

Sorry for the inconveniences. 

Id like to know first some of the various in this build ?

What receiver and buffer tube are you using ?

Yours sincerely,

Miguel hao 

Show quoted text

And also the buffer 

Hide quoted text

Service Hao <[email protected]> 於 2021年4月26日 週一 11:11 寫道:

Hi Miguel,

OEM TM lower, upper, charging handle and buffer were used but after scoring appeared I black permanent markered the scoring and tried different nozzles (as I thought they may change the angles of the bolt + checked the buffer tube wasn't cross-threaded). I tried a g&p aluminium buffer with a dollar coin and faucet washer in the buffer tube (as I was told it may be caused by over- run) I have recently bought a g&p roller weight but that has arrived too late for this buffer tube each time blacking out the scratch and going again, in the end I just stopped using it and went back to the TM original.

I have bought a second hand tube from the afuk TM Mws thread guy Wolf for next to nothing so that's all good, but would like to get this bolt working for winter or for a nozzle spring failure mid game.

Cheers

Matt Mills

Dear Mills,

We are still figuring out what might cause this problem as our own testing sample don't have such significant wear off .

Also, we noted that per your photo shows the wound on the lower receiver which should caused by the over run bcg hitting the receiver. This shouldn't happened if it's the oem marui buffer tube or product of ours .

BR,

Miguel 

Show quoted text

Yep,

Hence the dollar coin and faucet washer now and the reason I don't run a magpull b a d lever with a standard bolt catch plate anymore (c&c maritime bolt catch and g&p lightweight bolt catch plate now) as you have to unwind the buffer tube so much to give the plate time to catch the bolt you end up increasing travel allowing the gas key securing screws on the top of the bolt carrier to catch the top of the lower receiver and crack it. This is prior damage to my Hao bolt days and does not affect it. If you look at the pictures you will see the buffer tube is wound right in with 2 threads remaining so this is no longer an issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Matt

Show quoted text

Since you have mentioned . We also have the bolt stop plate for this situation as when we developed the 416C mws kit. We were facing a really short travel for the bcg so we made the plate to catch the bolt with a really short travel space of the collectible collapsable stock fyi .

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-light-weight-bolt-stop-plate-for-marui-mws-z

So, the nozzle and the buffer tube are all oem while this happening ? 

Long story short is that our parts should work under fully oem situation and we are not sure how it works with parts fr other manufacturer. You have listed pretty much combination so I got a little confused .

BR,

Miguel 

Show quoted text

Miguel,

I understand your position and I agree I have made my mistakes on this rifle which is why I have reverted it back to original parts for testing - I think the problem I'm having is the profile of the bolt roller wheel being a bit sharper around the edges?

Show quoted text

Dear Mills,

All in all, we can't promise compatibility with other third party manufacturers' products .

Our parts are precisely made and tested under fully OEM/HAO's build.

Many manufacturers from China/HongKong may not well tested their product before release and the tolerance issue might also be a thing for them.

We only have this issue heard from you (and the one you mentioned in the first email ) for now. Other than that, everything is fine for the hundreds of it we sold.

We also ran some testing yesterday, nothing noticeable. 

So we don't think there's problem with the bolt for now.

If you still have this issue even under a fully OEM build we are happy to exchange you for the bolt. 

IMG_20210426_145934.jpg

IMG_20210425_094733.jpg

IMG_20210425_094221.jpg

IMG_20210425_093640.jpg

On 26/04/2021 at 07:32, Davegolf said:

At least you underestimated for a change 😂

Most airsofters can shoot 200m like a friggin laser beam 

I’m a tad more conservative. Mine shoots 199.9m and is like the Death Star laser. 

#justsayinginnit

On 22/04/2021 at 17:56, mightyjebus said:

for people who don't have access to a 3D printer you can buy it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/932C5DNMV/mws-part-b?optionId=210263416&li=shops

£8.75 for one but that's not my price that is the Shapeways price so appologies.

I finally got mine printed and it is a snug fit! I wanted to thank you once again!
 It is not precisely to the diameters of original one but I love it, now just the HSB have to come along with all other parts from HK and I will be able to finally finish modding my MTR16 internally :D

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Anyone know how long camoraids.com normally take to ship guns?

Firesupport are so qiuck shipping orders out I would got the MWS from them if they had any instock  :(

Best to call them to be honest. Also give FS a ring to see when their next stock update is. They had new stock a 2 to 3 weeks back and it all flew out. 

18 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I got a load of V2 mags and cut the tube down anyway. Ran 5 mags Sunday, gassed them the night before and I gassed them at dinner.  Filled all of them up with bb’s repeatedly and it showed no sign of even slowing down. Until it stops working, I’ll always just the tubes short 

I have gg modded all my mags v1 & v2, I think the main issue with it is vertical consistency (as explained to me by @Davegolf) and that is just for the first few shots. I get around 3 BB loads on one mag so 6 mags and a TM xl470 speed loader buried deep in a haley flatpack to keep it quiet from rattling does me for a half days major contact!

the one thing that I did do was cut the Syphon tubes to a consistent height and I'm seeing (after the first shot which is always 10fps more regardless of fill) 3-4 FPS difference although my accuracy is crap at the mo but that is due to my barrel and hop I think ( have complete inner barrel set on order) however I have seen a 25mm group at 20metres which is my best so far on og parts with a six g nub.

mine and a few others tech data:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Best to call them to be honest. Also give FS a ring to see when their next stock update is. They had new stock a 2 to 3 weeks back and it all flew out. 

Thanks I did try calling them but lanline no one picks up and the mobile number no longer working 😞😞

Fire support said 3 weeks so not bad really, I already bought some mags from them so I have the mags but no gun to use  🤣

Got email back saying be sent off tomorrow and they had issues with the phone line.

Edited by GothicGhost

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

No experience with their ambi selector but I have a full set of their tigger internals and the materials, fit and finish are top notch. Might get some more of their stuff in the future.

@Hypokondrikern

I have no idea how she performs yet as I stupidly broke the bolt catch when manhandling the trigger box. I have just received and fitted a new one, but it was too late for any testing. I will shoot it for the first time tomorrow so will report back offer that.

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

Is the block 1 barrel thread 14mm or 12mm?

One YouTube review says it's 12mm but I think he wrong.

Thanks.

If by block 1 you mean the 14.5 inch MWS then yes it is 14mm CCW. I assume that all the other models would all be the same as well.

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

If by block 1 you mean the 14.5 inch MWS then yes it is 14mm CCW. I assume that all the other models would all be the same as well.

The shorter version I think 10.5 inches?

But I assumed its 14mm and YouTube review misinformed.

3 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

The shorter version I think 10.5 inches?

But I assumed its 14mm and YouTube review misinformed.

I have the 10.5" version and can confirm it is 14mm CCW.