THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi all,

Just bought my MWS CQBR and waiting for delivery, safe to say I'm excited!

So my questing is: what else do I need? I'm thinking about trying to get away with 4 mags because i have a pistol and I'll just carry a speed loader and bag of BBs (am poor now lol). Will this be enough? 

Also, what gas do I need to use and what FPS will that give, what lube etc? Is there anything I need to know? Not bothered about upgrading and happy to just run stock but want your advice on how to look after it!

Had my first game day at Anzio on the 17th. Gun ran absolutely amazingly on semi, I genuinely don't think I've ever had as many kills in a day before!

I did have problems on full-auto, gun seemed to misfeed consistently, spraying multiple rounds out at a time and all over the place.  On semi it was happy firing as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Any suggestions of things I should be looking at when I investigate this weekend?

2 hours ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

Had my first game day at Anzio on the 17th. Gun ran absolutely amazingly on semi, I genuinely don't think I've ever had as many kills in a day before!

I did have problems on full-auto, gun seemed to misfeed consistently, spraying multiple rounds out at a time and all over the place.  On semi it was happy firing as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Any suggestions of things I should be looking at when I investigate this weekend?

out of interest any mods? and what sort of range were you getting?

Internally just a sixg nub, tan bucking and an ratech npas (wide open). Was running  around 270fps on Geoff's .3s.

Range and accuracy was great, really consistent shot to shot. Dunno if you know Anzio but I was out ranging AEGs across the car park shooting from the med block side towards guys in the Armoury.

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Check this out:-

Wow, that probably came close to BaddaBings videos in terms of useful information and empirical data. I will be checking out the other videos on the channel.

Only let down by filling the mag with gas IN COMPLETELY THE WRONG WAY!!!! Do a 1s burst, wait a couple of seconds then do another. After 6x 1s fills wait a minute or two and top-up with a few more. They probably would have got over 120rds per mag if they had done that!

4 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Check this out:-

Eyyy this channels is really great! I found them a few months ago but forgot the name and couldn't find them again, so it's cool to see they have an MWS video. 

Any one have any experience with the Angry Gun Steel Bolt stop?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-steel-cnc-bolt-stop-for-tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbb---maritime-version

I have unfortunately broken my stock part (entirely my fault) and I can't find an OEM one in stock in the UK. I know Angry Gun parts can be hit and miss (with more misses than hits), but how badly can they screw up a bit of shaped metal provided they too the measurements from an original part?

If needs be I can fine tune it with a file I guess.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-steel-cnc-bolt-stop-for-tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbb---maritime-version

I have unfortunately broken my stock part (entirely my fault) and I can't find an OEM one in stock in the UK. I know Angry Gun parts can be hit and miss (with more misses than hits), but how badly can they screw up a bit of shaped metal provided they too the measurements from an original part?

I bought the c&c tac maritime catch and is fine + half the price!

50 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Not bad at all.... it's a rather good video review and shows us how good the MWS ZNET system is out of the box! 

Just watches this and it makes me have some questions doubts about my own haha.

So as you probably know I am an angry gun outer barrel and had some hop issues fitting it. But now thats fine, been sorted and it will over hop .28 with the sixG nub. But I feel my range is more 30-40m than anywhere close to 50-60m.

Now whenever you add other parts obviously there is this risk. Now my actual question is this. if I want it to, It will over hop the .28s so in theory the hop is now working perfectly. Could there be another factor in the outer barrel change that is effecting my range?

Disclaimer. I have only tried .2s, which had awful range on a windy day

.28s which performed a lot better but every other shot would over hop when the others were fine, meh.

11 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Just watches this and it makes me have some questions doubts about my own haha.

So as you probably know I am an angry gun outer barrel and had some hop issues fitting it. But now thats fine, been sorted and it will over hop .28 with the sixG nub. But I feel my range is more 30-40m than anywhere close to 50-60m.

Now whenever you add other parts obviously there is this risk. Now my actual question is this. if I want it to, It will over hop the .28s so in theory the hop is now working perfectly. Could there be another factor in the outer barrel change that is effecting my range?

Disclaimer. I have only tried .2s, which had awful range on a windy day

.28s which performed a lot better but every other shot would over hop when the others were fine, meh.

If it’s only over hopping every other shot Id say you had an issue somewhere. Range and accuracy can be gained by running a heavier BB. I’ve found .30-.32 to be ideal for a standard power mws. Standard barrel in terms of accuracy is good. I only change the barrels now if it suits a power goal for a DMR build or a general length issue. 

like @ReformedNiceGuy said, I’ve had many kills from across the carpark at anzio. In fact I had a test video somewhere that I measured with a range finder to be 60m from the bale of shit at the edge of the carpark (medblock side) to the bales against armoury/Garage. That was with .32 Geoff’s and 330ish FPS 

NOTE: the barrels come from the factory covered in this brown shit though. I always give the inner barrel a clean, even on a brand new gun. You’ll be surprised how dirty they are new. 

12 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

If it’s only over hopping every other shot Id say you had an issue somewhere.

It is deffo hopping them all but occasionally. not even every other shot. It will over hp a little but that was limited testing with mags low on gas so not sure.

Every other was a bit of an exaggeration. But yes basically it is hopping the bbs so in theory if I am not getting range that shouldn't be a hop issue really. that should all be lined up fine. I will try heavier

So here is the latest addition to my MWS collection. 8” PDW build.

As some of you will remember from the above I picked up an MTR to use the ambi lower in my competition gun. This is what I did with the bits I had left.

Its the MTR upper receiver (I wanted the forward assist on my competition gun) with a regular MWS lower a guarder front end kit and a G&P PDW stock.

Still a few bits to sort. NPAS is on order and I managed to bugger up the bolt catch due to my own clumsiness so trigger box will have to come out once the new one arrives, but other than that I’m quite pleased with it.

E3204349-C870-4CC9-B66C-759A3CE47DEA.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If it’s only over hopping every other shot Id say you had an issue somewhere. Range and accuracy can be gained by running a heavier BB. I’ve found .30-.32 to be ideal for a standard power mws. Standard barrel in terms of accuracy is good. I only change the barrels now if it suits a power goal for a DMR build or a general length issue. 

like @ReformedNiceGuy said, I’ve had many kills from across the carpark at anzio. In fact I had a test video somewhere that I measured with a range finder to be 60m from the bale of shit at the edge of the carpark (medblock side) to the bales against armoury/Garage. That was with .32 Geoff’s and 330ish FPS 

NOTE: the barrels come from the factory covered in this brown shit though. I always give the inner barrel a clean, even on a brand new gun. You’ll be surprised how dirty they are new. 

60m kills is pretty incredible for 330'ish fps... Which gas were you using? At 330fps it's certainly not green gas right? I've not scientifically measured mine yet but will have a go the next time I play... 

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

60m kills is pretty incredible for 330'ish fps... Which gas were you using? At 330fps it's certainly not green gas right? I've not scientifically measured mine yet but will have a go the next time I play... 

propane, so essentially green gas. With gas guns FPS is less important. It might be 330fps on a .20 bb, which is about 1 joule. But with a .32-.36 it could be 1.3 joules for example. Because an AEG has a fixed volume of air it tends to either keep the same energy or loose it with heavier BB’s (depending on barrel:cylinder volume ratio) unless it’s specifically built to joule creep. 

A gbbr is different. The heavier the BB is, the longer it’s in the barrel for, which generally means the more of the energy the gas can impart on it. It’s another reason putting a longer barrel in a gas gun can make the fps go up considerably. Longer the barrel, the longer the BB is inside of it, the more energy it absorbs. Which can be advantageous or cause cycling issues if you go too long. 

Anyone got any ideas how the hell do I remove my fire selector? I have G&P adjustable trigger box installed and it has been working fine before but now when I did full cleanup on my MWS, also removing the trigger box and reinstalling after cleaning I ended up having some problems. The fire selector is moving just fine between semi and auto, but it gets really stiff about halfway between semi and safe. I can force it onto safe and it actually seems to work just fine when forced there. But the biggest problem is that I just cant seem to remove the fire selector no matter what I do. Any ideas what happened and how to fix?

1 hour ago, Urban Jaeger said:

Anyone got any ideas how the hell do I remove my fire selector? I have G&P adjustable trigger box installed and it has been working fine before but now when I did full cleanup on my MWS, also removing the trigger box and reinstalling after cleaning I ended up having some problems. The fire selector is moving just fine between semi and auto, but it gets really stiff about halfway between semi and safe. I can force it onto safe and it actually seems to work just fine when forced there. But the biggest problem is that I just cant seem to remove the fire selector no matter what I do. Any ideas what happened and how to fix?

I would check that the trigger box is seated fully in the lower receiver and that the fire selector is pressed in fully.

After that I would look to remove it (possibly with a drift if it is stiff...just be careful!) and look for burrs or other damage to it. Then check the trigger box components it interfaces with and check the trigger function.

Maybe test the trigger box out of the gun with the selector fitted? 

I have trouble lifting .4g BBs. While .36g it can lift easily. I have over 10 clicks left when it lifts.36 When I screw I can see that the hopup, comes down further as it should and eventually it actually ends up with BBs getting stuck, so the house works as it "should" except that i can not get it to lift above .36g
I have tried different types of hopup rubber, ML autoboot and MR both 60 degrees and org. . ML flat nub and now orginal nub with cord inside the hole, the problem is not that it can not press hard enough, but that it does not grip the bb enough. I've made a lot of weapons so I'm not new to the game, but this I can not figure this out? Joule approx 1.6-1.9 Any suggestions?

I have looked at another hopup house and here Laylax Custom Hop-up Chamber looks most interesting, does anyone have experience with it?

8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

What do you mean its certainly not green gas :D i've managed to shoot with green gas angry gun v2 nozzle with npas and all other stock internals to maximum 443fps. I ve set my npas for mtr to shoot on 350-360fps with all other stock so it is really doable, also i am reaching 60m with 0.3g bbs with no problems too, i am still waiting for m4 wrench to change the inner barrel and hop up buckings to ML to see whether there is any increase in power/accuracy and range but i seriously have no doubt there will be ;)

15 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

It's a difficult fit but goes in. I have one for sale in the classifieds if you want one.

Today was some maintenance after last weekends woodland skirmish.

Modify Tan bucking changed out for an OG TM one. Tan one was starting to get chewed up after about 1200-1500rds. Plus it was really picky and one click more than "still dropping too far" had it skying 0.30g BBs.

Hoping the TM one will a) last longer and b) allow finer adjustment.

I tested the TM nozzle again and found that every 5th to 7th shot the fps dropped a lot. Rest of the time it was consistent. Average was 268fps (+/-5fps) but it would the  throw in a 170 or 190fps for no reason. Nothing to do with the internal parts, I can only think that the nozzle is worn and scratched up so might not be sealing correctly leading to some gas leakage. Replacement DP nozzle is on its way from HK so will test then.

AngryGun nozzle and NPAS fitted currently as I need an NPAS for the warmer weather as the stock TM bits are giving 10-15fps above the limit so will keep them for cooler weather. Strangely it seems to have got a lot more consistent since I tested it last summer, keeping the fps +/-4 and a useful range of adjustment. Just makes me throw up a bit in my mouth that I have AG parts in my TM 🤮🤣