THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I wonder if the whole design thing was something to do with the official Daniel Defense licensing? Let’s face it the design is just bonkers as surely TM knows us boys like to tinker with our pew pews. It’s not logical. Anyway, it's an old story so "Move Along Nothing to See" to coin an expression 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by AlphaBear

Taking inspiration from RMDavis's URGI build I bought a TM MWS M4A1 as a base for my own URGI build (was gonna get a CQBR but couldn't find one in stock). I have a Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 DD GOV 10.3'' Steel Outer Barrel (MARUI-M4-030), Z-PARTS MARUI M4 URG-I Airborne Charging Handle (MARUI-M4-028) and a HAO MK16 M-Lok 9.3" handguard which I bought from from J.K.ARMY (as HAO isn't shipping to the UK right now), but they sent me the wrong barrel nut, so I'm gonna send that back.

I've decided to buy a Zparts MK16 handguard instead, and possibly get a HAO one directly from HAO at a later date if the Zparts one isn't very good. I was gonna buy the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (MARUI-M4-012), but Zparts said that I needed the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (FOR ZPARTS) (MARUI-M4-017). I guess it's because I'm using the Zparts outer barrel, which is different to the stock M4A1 outer barrel. 

I'm fairly new to all this, so I wasn't sure if the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (FOR ZPARTS) (MARUI-M4-017) would fit on a TM M4A1 upper receiver, or if it was just designed to fit on a Zparts MARUI M4 MWS Forged Receiver Set. So I asked them if they could confirm that the handguard would fit on a TM MWS M4A1 upper receiver.

I got two emails back from them, and in the first one they said that the handguard can theoretically fit on the TM M4A1, but they don't have an M4A1 to test.

And in the second email they said that their MARUI M4 MWS Forged Receiver Set is the same spec as "TM MWS M4", they also went onto say "So the rail and barrel can fit on as well. But we’re not sure is M4A1 same spec as M4. Please ask airsoft shop for further info.". I don't know what they mean by "M4". Perhaps they're referring to the TM MWS CQBR?

This really confused me, as I thought the receivers and internals of the TM MWS M4A1, CQBR, MK18 and the M4A1 Carbine are all the same and that the only differences between them are the handguards, barrels, stocks, and iron sights.

I decided to order that handguard today as that particular model seems quite hard to get hold of.

I'm just worried though that I may have completely screwed up and bought the wrong gun for a URGI build and that the handguard that I just ordered won't fit on my TM M4A1.

Hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Are all the receivers and internals the same on the various models of the TM MWS? Do you think that the parts that I've bought will fit straight on my TM M4A1?

10 minutes ago, TaskForceBlackUK said:

Taking inspiration from RMDavis's URGI build I bought a TM MWS M4A1 as a base for my own URGI build (was gonna get a CQBR but couldn't find one in stock). I have a Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 DD GOV 10.3'' Steel Outer Barrel (MARUI-M4-030), Z-PARTS MARUI M4 URG-I Airborne Charging Handle (MARUI-M4-028) and a HAO MK16 M-Lok 9.3" handguard which I bought from from J.K.ARMY (as HAO isn't shipping to the UK right now), but they sent me the wrong barrel nut, so I'm gonna send that back.

I've decided to buy a Zparts MK16 handguard instead, and possibly get a HAO one directly from HAO at a later date if the Zparts one isn't very good. I was gonna buy the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (MARUI-M4-012), but Zparts said that I needed the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (FOR ZPARTS) (MARUI-M4-017). I guess it's because I'm using the Zparts outer barrel, which is different to the stock M4A1 outer barrel. 

I'm fairly new to all this, so I wasn't sure if the Z-PARTS MARUI Mk16 9.3" Handguard-DDC (FOR ZPARTS) (MARUI-M4-017) would fit on a TM M4A1 upper receiver, or if it was just designed to fit on a Zparts MARUI M4 MWS Forged Receiver Set. So I asked them if they could confirm that the handguard would fit on a TM MWS M4A1 upper receiver.

I got two emails back from them, and in the first one they said that the handguard can theoretically fit on the TM M4A1, but they don't have an M4A1 to test.

And in the second email they said that their MARUI M4 MWS Forged Receiver Set is the same spec as "TM MWS M4", they also went onto say "So the rail and barrel can fit on as well. But we’re not sure is M4A1 same spec as M4. Please ask airsoft shop for further info.". I don't know what they mean by "M4". Perhaps they're referring to the TM MWS CQBR?

This really confused me, as I thought the receivers and internals of the TM MWS M4A1, CQBR, MK18 and the M4A1 Carbine are all the same and that the only differences between them are the handguards, barrels, stocks, and iron sights.

I decided to order that handguard today as that particular model seems quite hard to get hold of.

I'm just worried though that I may have completely screwed up and bought the wrong gun for a URGI build and that the handguard that I just ordered won't fit on my TM M4A1.

Hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Are all the receivers and internals the same on the various models of the TM MWS? Do you think that the parts that I've bought will fit straight on my TM M4A1?

The z-parts urgi rail 100% fits the mws perfectly. Look at groots Post a page or so back. I installed it and it fits perfect. 

16 hours ago, TaskForceBlackUK said:

That's good to know. Thanks.

I have an Angrygun and a Zparts rail. The Zparts is nicer. 

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Pretty much all Angry Gun parts only succeed at making people angry about their guns 🤐

This is exactly how I feel about my outer barrel and suppressor right now

15 minutes ago, Whereismyhammer said:

There’s a lot of discussion about the angry gun barrels. Are they all bad? I got an L119A barrel from angry gun. I haven’t had chance to fit it yet. What’s the main problem with them? 

The issues seem to be that they "sort of" fit...if you are lucky. And if they do fit they might actually make things work worse than the stock ones.

1 hour ago, Whereismyhammer said:

Do they cause problems with how the hop sits or something? 

I can't recall a specific issue with the barrels but I and others have had endless issues with gas nozzles / NPAS, buffer tubes, rails and rail nuts, supressors/flash hiders, charging handles, bolt catches and mag releases.....

5 hours ago, Whereismyhammer said:

Do they cause problems with how the hop sits or something? 

I am currently having issues with my hop since the outer was fitted but I am hoping my tech will sort it out with some magic or something idk

I think we can all agree that Angry Gun QC is very hit and miss! 

My clone Surefire suppressor from them is fantastic and I haven't had any issues with it, and works perfectly with my Acetech Lighter-S tracer unit.

The Milspec Buffer Tube also fitted without issue and definitely took the slop out of my Car-15 Stock. 

However their Maritime Bolt Catch is utter garbage! I initially fitted it to my URGI-1 build as it's part of the Geissele package.

But with the bcg in the rearward position as soon as you press the mag release to put in a fresh one, it touches the bolt catch on the other side and throws the bcg forward... 😂 

I had to use a dremmel and remove material from the underside so it no longer made contact...

Mate of mine just bought the l119a2 ambi mag release from them for his mws and it flat out doesn't work whatsoever, there's not enough material to hold the mag in place. 

I mean look at their latest release, the A2 Outer barrels...

Who releases a product, that is not fit for purpose and then announces that with a post on Facebook and tells everyone how much material they need to remove with a file!? 

To make their shitty product fit! 😳

I may have jinxed this, but my Angry Gun variable nozzle seems to work fine once it was set up properly.. How long the nozzle valve stays in one piece and doesn't get ejected out the front barrel is another story :D

Old is Gold...

Current status of the MWS based KAC MRE railed Delta rifle.

Picked up a clone SF M600B as a place holder until I can get something suitably vintage, and bought an extremely cheap and very plasticity PEQ-2 battery box! (It was very shiny and just awful) 😂

Managed to make it look somewhat decent with some Khaki Krylon and again weathered using some thinners.

Would like to replace it with a G&P PEQ-2 but they are extremely hard to find! 

Regardless I think it looks the part and I'm loving how this thing has turned out. With the Eotech zero'd in its performing very well indeed.

I would certainly consider building another retro rifle maybe something with a carry handle and plastic furniture.

Who knows!? 

A full weekend of airsoft at the end of the month at @ucapairsoft Green Ops and I can't bloody wait, its been too long! 👍

IMG_20210410_140652_588.jpg

IMG_20210410_140652_546.jpg

59 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

@RMDavis

The patina turned out great but I’d like to see some last ingredient to create a bit of contrast. Why not try some numbers with a marker or a bit of tape somewhere? 

Thank you! 😊

I was thinking of adding some extra touches to make even more personalised, just wasn't sure what...

Only thing I did think was marking the adjusters on the peq-2 with a paint pen to show if it had lost zero? 🤔

Some gun tape could work well though I will have a look for more ideas.