THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@TadsJ2

I have 6 v2 MWS mags, no mods on the mags, and all fire 2 full mags on a fill (+ nearly a full 3rd mag), using the 1 sec burst technique.  My internals are mostly stock, fitted a g&p v2 buffer with all 3 weights and Dave’s HSB.  A 370mm, 6.03 barrel and the brass supernub.

The o ring’s added to the mags do not help you.  The point of the venting is to let excess lower pressure gas out of the magazine so you can fit more liquid gas in.  The propane/green gas in liquid form pushes the gas to the top of the mag and it escapes.  It’s not until you start spitting liquid gas out that your mag is full.

I would try again with the o rings and fill in short bursts.

Edited by SeanW

I take it you meant *without the O rings.

All TMs run vented input valves.

Do not use O rings, as described above it allows useless air and non liquid Co2 to exit the mag and allow consistently even refills.

The function of the tube attached to the full valve (which people remove or shorten to ‘green gas mod’) essentially is a fill level device.

The extra space left by that tube is there to allow the liquid Co2 to expand into the gas which you fire with.

If you make that space smaller (by doing the green gas mod) yes you fit more liquid Co2 in, but at the expenses of shot FPS consistency.

Consistency is everything.

18 hours ago, quango2k said:

Offset mount arrived at last. Waiting on a 1.93 mount for the vortex in black and a 13.5 urgi rail. Decided to go long lol..

So if anyone is after a 9.7 geiselle rail it will be up for sale shortly.

20210401_102621.jpg

Ooooooh nice. I’m liking that! Hmmm i wonder what an URGI 9.3 will look like on my CQBR? Lol

Okay, I get the theory behind  TM valves, but it literally vents liquid green gas all around when i am trying to fill it with WE 2x or SMART GAS gg  and it is definitely not even close to being full then... With all stock and silent fill mod i also get to shoot ~85 shots which is 2,5 magazine, so you are suggesting me not to modify anything and spit liquid green gas? I've read here in this thread that someone changed the inlet valves to Laylax inlet valves and it solved their similar problems... Could you tell me what manufacturer's green gas are u using to fill your MWS mags and maybe someone could make a video how does the refill look like , maybe its the same for me as for you and I am searching for problems which isnt really the problem :D

Also how does one take the o-ring off when its already applied? :D

Edited by TadsJ2

23 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Okay, I get the theory behind  TM valves, but it literally vents liquid green gas all around when i am trying to fill it with WE 2x or SMART GAS gg  and it is definitely not even close to being full then... With all stock and silent fill mod i also get to shoot ~85 shots which is 2,5 magazine, so you are suggesting me not to modify anything and spit liquid green gas? I've read here in this thread that someone changed the inlet valves to Laylax inlet valves and it solved their similar problems... Could you tell me what manufacturer's green gas are u using to fill your MWS mags and maybe someone could make a video how does the refill look like , maybe its the same for me as for you and I am searching for problems which isnt really the problem :D

Also how does one take the o-ring off when its already applied? :D

I had the same. Some cans of gas just vent when filling. I wasted over half a can just filling mags. I fitted silent fill o-rings and now I waste no gas and its still pretty consistent on all 6 mags. 

Quick question, does anybody use the silver sealing rings on maple leaf buckings as I'm sure I couldn't get the hot chamber closed last time I tried it?

What I was lead to believe is...

If you have first gen mags, you cut the pipe and no o-ring. That allowed a decent volume of green gas.

For gen2 mags, tm modified them to stop green gas being used due to power limits in Japan. You no longer need to cut the pipe but need o-rings to allow a fill. 

7 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

does anybody use the silver sealing rings on maple leaf buckings

I have a couple of MWS with Maple Leaf hop rubbers in. I have always used the sealing ring with no issues.

They can be a bit tight at first, but if you just leave the gun overnight with the nozzle in the hop the bed in nicely.

33 minutes ago, quango2k said:

What I was lead to believe is...

If you have first gen mags, you cut the pipe and no o-ring. That allowed a decent volume of green gas.

For gen2 mags, tm modified them to stop green gas being used due to power limits in Japan. You no longer need to cut the pipe but need o-rings to allow a fill. 

I have gen2, yeah, i've read it on reddit aswell...  How much shots can you do with single fill of mag? 

Well i've tested with all the green gas bottle manufacturers that i have available (and order the most), i cant fill the magazine without an o-ring on it, with o-ring on it i can fill the magazine just fine so i guess it stays in for me :D

I have a few more questions regarding MWS platform:
1) I was thinking about making my MTR16 with integral suppressor (one within the handrail) - does anybody have any suggestions, maybe links to certain suppressor?
2) I saw there is a kit for 9mm conversion, theoretically is it possible to use that kit and then use some kind of 9mm drumm mag with HPA adaptor? :D just for lols?

Planning to buy crazy jet 410mm inner barrel and fit it in my MTR, cant wait for fields to open, this gun is a beast!

5 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Ooooooh nice. I’m liking that! Hmmm i wonder what an URGI 9.3 will look like on my CQBR? Lol

A lot like this! 1😁20200604_190518.thumb.jpg.0c6723bc1f5f9b178e77bb1918c7aacc.jpg

So I think I have a lot of leaky mags. Not sure.

About 3 weeks a go I purchased 3 new mags form fire support. Immediately ran some rounds through them and filled them about half way, as I do with all my other mags, for storage. Using Abbey Predator ultra.

Just gone to do some test shots and all 3 are making some noises. Two are making snap crackle pop noises. Sort of a rustling and the third is similar but not as bad.

I have 3 other mags that I bought with the gun a few months a go. Stored exactly the same way and no noises.

What's going on here? leaks? Wasted 3 mags?

I've heard you can simply put the magazine underwater to test for a leak, but I wasn't sure how I felt about submerging it as I am not going to disassemble it after to dry it

Edited by gunbod007

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

A lot like this! 1😁20200604_190518.thumb.jpg.0c6723bc1f5f9b178e77bb1918c7aacc.jpg

Stop tempting me lol

Hopefully HAO will start shipping soon to the UK again. 

Edited by AlphaBear

Update on the leaky mags, I tried the worse sounding one in a bowl of water and the only bubbles where in the spaces between the shell and the actual mag. Going to try some maintenance gas on the rest. Any ides on how to get the water our the mag now haha?

Despite no bubbles it is still making the noise.

Edited by gunbod007

3 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

@gunbod007

Disassemble the magazines and lube with silicon oil + grease. 30 min job and you'll have leak-free mags! ( bit worrisome to hear of new yet leaky MWS mags, never experienced that before. )

Yeah so I have now siliconed them and put abbey maintenance gas in. Still hearing the almost creaking sound on the outlet valve. Inlet is all fine.

Weird that even underwater their is no bubbles.

21 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have a couple of MWS with Maple Leaf hop rubbers in. I have always used the sealing ring with no issues.

They can be a bit tight at first, but if you just leave the gun overnight with the nozzle in the hop the bed in nicely.

Nice one, stripped out down and put the silver hop rubber nozzle ring on, noticed even with it fitted it didn't grab the nozzle like the Autobot did though. Cheers

Davegolf will be testing super 6g nub with maple leaf 60° Mr hop today at the range so I'll let you know how I get on.

Mine are all Gen2 mags and I’ve not done any mod to them. I can’t see the need to do a green gas mod or even change the O ring unless I have a leaky valve. I’ll stick in some Abbey Ultra tomorrow and see how many shots I can fire off in one mag. Remember Badabing uses propane in his mags and perhaps he gets a better efficiency using his particular setup. Also remember the nozzles on each manufacturers bottles may be different and this may affect fill issues with the mags. This is not an exact science. 

Didn't see this one coming. 

Hop seems to be broken. Seems like it is stuck in place. Even if it is fully on or fully off it is making no difference to .28s. Going to test with .2 soon. But also no visible change at all when inspecting.

I am about to order the Super Six nub so hopefully that will solve it but I can't see how this is even happening.

On 03/04/2021 at 07:59, Davegolf said:

Morning @Wild Weasel! Sounds good, getting out and playing!

Yeah I've managed to secure a fantastic piece of private woodland for a bit of team training.

Unfortunately probably due to my own error my mws is having issues at the moment.

My current config is the following.

Hao Econoline geissele bolt

Ag MPA nozzle with Ra tech BLK npas

Ml Mr hop 60° CW six g nub

TM oem barrel

C&c maritime bolt catch

G&g V2 buffer (empty) with dollar coin and 23mm tap washer to shorten stroke

Hao 9.3" urgi handguard with BCM foregrip

Magpul CTR stock

Bcm gunfighter mod 3 pistol grip.

Vortex crossfire RDS.

Shooting Geoff's .3's bio bb's with rothenberger mapp+ gas.

First group I did was 25mm @ 20m then it deteriorated from there ending up at 150mm groups.

to resolve this chew I'm having I've pur-chased a new npas (old one was shifting all over and causing my inconsistencies) and a new Autobot 60° (old one got changed as I had bb's dribbling it the barrel, but I think this was the npas's fault not the bucking.

and I'll try again from there and let you know how I get on.

Has anybody ever recreated the “Gordon Rifle” CAR-15 from Black Hawk Down? I really like the look and wanted to give it a go. Seems simple enough but wondered if there were any examples knocking about 😊

A08359C3-CC51-4C79-874C-23EC039DC163.jpeg

11 minutes ago, JSwan said:

Has anybody ever recreated the “Gordon Rifle” CAR-15 from Black Hawk Down? I really like the look and wanted to give it a go. Seems simple enough but wondered if there were any examples knocking about 😊

A08359C3-CC51-4C79-874C-23EC039DC163.jpeg

The main thing you'll struggle with is finding a matching/close enough upper receiver complete with carry handle. If you can tick that box the rest should be relatively simple. Brownells do a Car stock which is manufacturer by B5 Systems (which means it's probably very good quality), may as well order the slim handguards from there while you're at it. Then it's just a question of how accurate you care to be with the gizmo's you attach to it.