THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

So I've had a bit of trouble with my r a tech npas as it just seems to be doing it's own thing and not regulating my fps. I started a shoot at 380 FPS with about 3/4 of a mm wound open and by the end it was around closed hitting 380fps on propane.

I did try a bit of thread lock on it but thought it too weak so I found a small o ring (the type found on fill valves) took it apart and put that on to hold it open a bit as I believe you can buy disks to do the same job.

Has anyone tried similar? Has anybody bought these disks? If so any chance of a link?

Next question, has anyone paired a 60° maple leaf Mr hop with a six g nub yet? I'm getting 15mm groups at 6m but was too windy to shoot down the garden @ 20m.

I am looking into getting the CQB-R block one and replacing it with a grey Magpul SL handguard; as I've seen here, someone had posted, and it looks very nice.

I read the SL needs the front sight and other gas blocks not compatible.

Not sure how true that is as I saw a YouTube video with a different gas block but not sure what one it is.

Images of some gas block I've seen for sale.

Thank you.

1617012778780.png

1617012856436.png

Screenshot_20210329-111528.png

On 27/03/2021 at 08:24, camden said:

Only works with the matching flash hider as mentioned by Captain Darling

Yeah I have the matching flash hider, I think I have sorted it. I was trying to treat it like a normal screw and having it all the way "untight" by having it full loose to the left.

Didn't realise it is a cam lock and so I needed to fully tighten it right and then back it off slightly once it was on. very confused but sorted.

Does anyone have a picture of the barrel nut keeping the Mk18 Mod 1 GBBR rail locked in once it's been removed? I finally got around to getting a clamp, heatgun, and tool to try to remove it. I ended up shearing off one of the anti-rotation tabs on the rail, but the nut seems glued directly to the rail, not the barrel itself.

20210329_150450.jpg

Edited by Kerberos
Clarify what broke

Random thought of the day.

Has anyone ever built an old colt M16a2 based weapon off of a MWS lower/zet system.

Anything from Colt command, XM177s, M16A2s, Carbines etc?

Edited by gunbod007
Typo

@GothicGhost

I do believe that you can get away with an AEG repro of this handguard and fitting it with the existing front sight rather than having to go to the tantrum of changing gas block. 

Someone showed pics of a similar build in the TM MWS / NGRS group on FB.

Hey I wanted to ask, 

How’s the fitting of the OG stocks on the OG buffer? ( I only have a second hand MWS with an AEG repro, which is satisfying but not dead on) I’d like to know if it’s worth tracking down the sopmod stock from TM or if I should save the cash and buy an AEG version. 

Edited by Hypokondrikern
Clarity

@Kerberos On Friday I quickly made a tool at work for this but the bars external diameter was too big so I need to make a new one, I noticed my gas block was glued to the inner barrel, I was surprised by this as I thought it would just slide out after removing the 2 grub screws, that being said the missus hair dryer was enough to heat it up so I could break the seal. I won’t lie I’m actually scared of the heat gun marking the paint or causing some kind of discolouration to the receiver or hand guard rail.

starting to regret not going with the original MWS now, my reason for picking the MK18 was that I believed it would be the MWS V2 reviewed, improved and finely tuned, and maybe it is just that! and that’s why we can’t get to the innards of this gun-because we don’t need to? 

I often hear people saying “why buy a TM and then change the internals? its no longer a Marui if you do that, It’s already amazing out of the box”

so there’s obviously a debate to be had there because so many people DO buy a TM and change some of if not nearly all of the internals-and I haven’t been around long enough to contribute to that one.

I haven’t had a chance to skirmish this gun yet, and all the test firing has been done in very small enclosed environments, however lockdown is soon to be lifted and we can go skirmishing again and see what the MWS MK18 ZET is all about. 

@Reap That's really weird, because my gas block came off just fine after I removed the grub screws. As for the heatgun discoloring the barrel/rail, I had no issues with that. Had the heatgun on the barrel nut for almost 3 minutes and I damaged the clamp holding the gun down more than the gun itself. That being said, I planned to keep the gun mostly stock, the only thing I wantedd to change was hop up nub with the SixG nub I had ordered months before I got the Mk18. Only reason I got the MK18 was because I figured i might as well get one with the nice MK18 length rail  by default, so I'd have an option to run with either the shorter MK18 rail, or my 12 inch RIS II rail.

I guess I'm just going to keep the internals completely stock, because I don't really want to risk damaging my expensive TM anymore than I have. Ended up epoxying the anti-rotation tab back on, and tried to smooth it out best I could. It's mostly hidden by my replica holosight, but I'm a little upset with myself for messing up the externals of such a nice gun. The gun performed quite well the one time I got to skirmish it. Just wanted to see if i could squeeze out a little bit more accuracy at range with the SixG nub

Edited by Kerberos

6 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Has anyone successfully fitted a Magpul ASAP QD sling point. They are different to the ASAP and I am having problems.

Yes buddy managed to get one fitted on my URGI, wasn't easy! What's the problem with yours?

20201217_135831.jpg

2 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Yes buddy managed to get one fitted on my URGI, wasn't easy! What's the problem with yours?

20201217_135831.jpg

It sits too low and I have realised the piece of material I thought I should file will just end up meaning that it will slip back down overtime

4 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

It sits too low and I have realised the piece of material I thought I should file will just end up meaning that it will slip back down overtime

I'm not sure what you filed down?

Thats not something I needed to do on mine. 

The problem I had was that it didn't locate properly on the buffer tube cut out (standard TM tube) and each time I would tighten the buffer tube / castle nut it would shift from being centered!

It took many attempts getting the nut in the correct position so when I tightened it fully it didn't over rotate the ASAP QD plate... I found it much easier to put a QD Sling point into the plate whilst it was doing this as it helped locate it whilst tightening it up.

Hey guys,

So i finally got my MWS mags from firesupport.co.uk and I cant fill them completely with WE 2x green gas... I have read various opinions, watched BadaBing, heard about green gas mods and I was wordering what you would suggest for me to do.

So according to BadaBing there is 2 batches of MWS mags, BATCH 1 has no markings on gas routers, while BATCH 2 has. Batch 1 needed the green gas modification in order to fill the magazine full of green gas, BUT BATCH 2 doesnt need it, and for him his BATCH 2 magazines fill completely after 12sec. fill 
Video link:

I have checked that my magazines are from BATCH 2, but as soon as i try to fill them up they are starting to spit green gas all around everywhere, now, I have read in the internet that TM inlet fill valves are finnicky on certain green gas balloon filling adapters and such it is recommended to use O-rings on the fill valves so it fills completely... ( I know that TM made the inlet valves to spit any unnecessary gas from the magazine insides)
I put o-ring in #1 of my MWS BATCH 2 mag, aaand after ~12sec silent filling (meaning there was no greengas spittin anywhere) i can shoot only 17 shots on semi.... 
I have tried to fill my #2 BATCH 2 magazine without putting an o-ring and spitting greengas everywhere for 12 secs - i dunno whether the other mag is different or what, but this one shot 44 shots after 12 sec fill. 

So my question is, should i do the green gas modification on my BATCH 2 mags? Is it still profitable to do it? 
What should i do about green gas spitting everywhere when I am filling the MWS magazines? should I put an o-ring to properly fill TM MWS magazines? 

Thank you for your answers to this!

That sounds like you're not putting enough gas in. With the silent fill mod I'd ignore the 12 second thing as that will be gas dependent and also depend on how much gas was in there to start with.

Instead listen to the gas going into mag. Literally ear next to the can as you're filling listen to the quiet hiss. That will give you an actual idea of how long it's going to take... The other thing is how full your can of green gas is. It's worth remembering that these mags can hold A LOT of gas compared to the volume of the gas can...

35 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

That sounds like you're not putting enough gas in. With the silent fill mod I'd ignore the 12 second thing as that will be gas dependent and also depend on how much gas was in there to start with.

Instead listen to the gas going into mag. Literally ear next to the can as you're filling listen to the quiet hiss. That will give you an actual idea of how long it's going to take... The other thing is how full your can of green gas is. It's worth remembering that these mags can hold A LOT of gas compared to the volume of the gas can...

I was filling it with a full bottle of gg. 
I was actually wondering that, it appears that the magazine is filling slower with silent fill mod... Just to make sure, i should stop filling when i hear the hissing disappear? 

EDIT: after filling #1 up to until i hear no hissing sound it shot only 24 on semi, i hear no leaks whatsoever, any ideas? 

Edited by TadsJ2

That is strange, I only have v1 mags unfortunately so I couldn't say your best course of action.

Yeah I just stop filling when the hissing disappears. I'm not sure what could be causing you to vent so much gas though...

Yeah me neither, I might be just spitting a nonsense right now, but could it be that these mags arent performing as well just because they are brand new and werent used at all before? I've loaded my #1 mag again, now it shot 56 shots before it went completely dry, loading time seemed the same... 

3 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Yeah me neither, I might be just spitting a nonsense right now, but could it be that these mags arent performing as well just because they are brand new and werent used at all before? I've loaded my #1 mag again, now it shot 56 shots before it went completely dry, loading time seemed the same... 

Quite possibly... Tbh I'd be happy with 56... But then I always refil gas and BBS at the same time. 

I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable to chip in there

2 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

Quite possibly... Tbh I'd be happy with 56... But then I always refil gas and BBS at the same time. 

I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable to chip in there

Just another consideration that i forgot to mention, I have an Angry GUN adjustable (something like NPAS) enchanced drop in nozzle set V2 installed, could it cause these instabilities ? Yeah, will wait for more reply's i guess, but thanks! ;)

12 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

There is no way that is slipping back down over time. Mine has not moved since. 

38 minutes ago, TadsJ2 said:

Just another consideration that i forgot to mention, I have an Angry GUN adjustable (something like NPAS) enchanced drop in nozzle set V2 installed, could it cause these instabilities ? Yeah, will wait for more reply's i guess, but thanks! ;)

No worries...

The answer is probably possibly... Tbh it's worth just using a chrono if you have one and checking your FPS consistency...

Offset mount arrived at last. Waiting on a 1.93 mount for the vortex in black and a 13.5 urgi rail. Decided to go long lol..

So if anyone is after a 9.7 geiselle rail it will be up for sale shortly.

20210401_102621.jpg

2 hours ago, TadsJ2 said:

Hey guys,

So i finally got my MWS mags from firesupport.co.uk and I cant fill them completely with WE 2x green gas... I have read various opinions, watched BadaBing, heard about green gas mods and I was wordering what you would suggest for me to do.

<SNIP>

So my question is, should i do the green gas modification on my BATCH 2 mags? Is it still profitable to do it? 
What should i do about green gas spitting everywhere when I am filling the MWS magazines? should I put an o-ring to properly fill TM MWS magazines? 

Thank you for your answers to this!

Best way of filling any gas mag is in 1s bursts.

Fill for 1sec, stop, wait a couple of seconds then give it another 1sec burst of gas. Keep doing this until full. Should be able to top off the mag that way! Give that a go and see how many shots you get from 12x 1sec fills :)

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

Best way of filling any gas mag is in 1s bursts.

Fill for 1sec, stop, wait a couple of seconds then give it another 1sec burst of gas. Keep doing this until full. Should be able to top off the mag that way! Give that a go and see how many shots you get from 12x 1sec fills :)

wow, didnt know that, well i've tried it your way - on #1 mag ~14sec burst fills got me 55 shots, though it seems i can try to fill it more this way!

But its nowhere near as Badabing mentioned, so is this normal for me to shoot 55 shots ? should i try to fill it more or is there anything I can try to do about the mag itself?

Edited by TadsJ2

So i've changed my nozzle set to stock one - i am able to do 86 shots with #1 mag and then the blowback is not happening anymore but there is still gas in the mag.
This probably due to Angry gun nozzle set and higher power (~5-10 m/s) it is giving? Should i just change the nozzle return spring on the stock one or try to use the angry gun enchanced v2 with preinstalled stronger nozzle return spring ?

Edited by TadsJ2