THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Shower thought but a good one. 

Is it best to leave the MWS between games in semi with the trigger pulled, rather than in safe with the hammer cocked?

So the hammer spring is not under load and potentially making it weaker.

On 16/03/2021 at 23:33, Davegolf said:

Arn’t most people fielding L119s and MK18s these days 🥴 

I run a URGI Mk16 myself :)

IMG_2017.thumb.JPG.a176a2588678be5b101aedd89d27ad3a.JPGI run a URGI myself

Edited by camden

22 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Hey, I just wanted to report that I managed to get the SAA mags leak free by merging the two halfs with steel araldite. 

The o ring was removed, contact surfaces roughened and the rod removed. The side body screw which holds the rod was set in place with araldite. Whereas the bottom threads were blocked with a cross threaded screw + araldite. All contact surfaces were oil free and treated with spirits before the araldite treatment. 

The mag in question was filled with gas sometime in November 2020 and has had no leaks since. A bit of a job to get it done but nevertheless, might be worth the effort or a fitting lockdown activity to some.

A809BBDD-CF0D-4E15-83F7-44C8315A2E8E.jpeg

A8747463-653C-41A3-A562-CD9D1F156611.jpeg

A3269FDF-426B-46DF-9ABF-9DB53BFBCD3B.jpeg

C500FF01-16ED-42EC-BA92-8C42F13985FF.jpeg

Thanks for that, will do asap!

On 18/03/2021 at 10:56, Captain Darling said:

I felt the same until I tried it.  It feels very skinny and unobtrusive in the hand, it weighs less, and it seems to me to be ergonomically superior.  I struggle to use the old RIS style now, it just feels like I'm tring to manipulate the gun whilst its attached to a clunky cheese grater.

Whilst the mk18 had certain real steel advantages due to heat dissipation, these are not relevant in airsoft.  I really like Magpul as an innovative modern business, and their R&D on M Lok was superb.  I remember getting one of the early MOE handguards for my PTW about 10 years ago and liking it's 'high speed, low drag' ergonomics, and what Geissele have done with that concept is refine it further.  HAO have done an excellent job again at making it affordable for airsoft.  Firm handshakes all round.

Could not agree with you more. Had the Mk18 on my PTW for years and would just not go back. Now if somebody doesn't like the looks, that is fair enough but it works on the 'technical' side and handles a lot better. Both PTW and MWS now carry the rail, one has the short and one the long. HAO has worked wonders considering the price (not talking about their body kits here, which are ace but expensive. I will keep the original TM receiver on the MWS for a little while yet. The PTW has a HAO upper and lower now)

On 18/03/2021 at 10:56, Captain Darling said:

Unless storage is a real issue or you need to get in tight vehicles, it’s pretty pointless. You can’t shoot with it folded so the only time it will be is when you don’t have hold of it. 

59 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

I hate the trend of these things to be honest

Old Man Yells at Cloud | Know Your Meme

Largely as @Wo1f said, a good option if it's solving an issue you have. Biggest plus being space saving for transport/storage. If that was something I felt I needed/wanted I'd probably be inclined to wait to see if it impacted performance.

Edited by alxndrhll

2 hours ago, ajumma said:

Oh yeah, one word WTF... actually that's really three but you get my meaning..... However, I can see how this will work depending on the RIF in question.... I mean even when I had a folding stock RIF, TM NGRS SCAR I never folded the stock coz it just looked pants to me...

Hello,

my TM came today and I notice that there is small space between body... Is that normal thing? And someone know how to fix it? I just converted from AEG and it really conspicuous. It was literally the first thing I noticed when I took my new baby to my hands xD 

EDIT: Well... I asked on facebook group and looks like it's normal :( so I will need live with it. However gun work flawlessly and is more satisfying :D 

Edited by MiniLuxy

@MiniLuxy yeah, completely normal! don’t look too much on it. 

Im actually in favor of the new folding stock option as it shows that the platform is being developed upon and that we might be seeing more goodies across the year. The MWS is slowly taking a position in customizability close to hicapas and g17. It might become one of those legendary platforms. 

Anyway I I think the platform is compact enough for transport ( if you separate upper and lower ) to actually be needing of the folding stock. But I could see it being a clear choice for certain builds / impressions. Let’s just hope it works and operates as advertised for those biting in to the rather hefty price...

P.S what’s the best route for acquiring a second upper? Do people buy parts from Impulse? Or do you get a second MWS? ;) 

On 23/03/2021 at 18:13, camden said:

IMG_2017.thumb.JPG.a176a2588678be5b101aedd89d27ad3a.JPGI run a URGI myself

Out of interest, if that is an angry gun suppressor how the hell do you get it on? when I put my one on it is too tight before it even engages with the anti rotation teeth. So it is just held on with a tiny bit of friction

5 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Out of interest, if that is an angry gun suppressor how the hell do you get it on? when I put my one on it is too tight before it even engages with the anti rotation teeth. So it is just held on with a tiny bit of friction

You have to use the Angry Gun flash hider that comes with it, not the TM one

On 25/03/2021 at 20:20, ajumma said:

These are appealing if, for some reason, you’ve decided to motorbike to skirmishes and everything has to fit into a backpack. 

After careful consideration I’m going to do what the IRA did, and split my AR into upper and lower so it fits into a smaller bag. Overall a bit smaller than that folder, and I’m £100 better off. 

Now then folks, I'm in the market for an ambi fire selector and atrg says that the angry gun one which is predominantly the most available is shite, does anybody have a link to a reasonably priced selector that they have/have tried please?

32 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Now then folks, I'm in the market for an ambi fire selector and atrg says that the angry gun one which is predominantly the most available is shite, does anybody have a link to a reasonably priced selector that they have/have tried please?

I use a guns modify ambi selector and it works ok. Not the crispest action bit it functions well enough... 

34 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

I would highly reccomend the G&P ambi selector (KAC Style) solid build with very little free play, and defined selection. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-ambi-safety-selector-for-marui-mws-gbb

Out of stock at the moment via Fire Support but I'm sure you'll be able to get it somewhere else. 👍

7 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

It is the Angry gun suppressor, well spotted. I bought the matching flash hider with it and it fits very securely. Will post a picture asap.

I would buy the HAO one these days if I hadn't already got the Angry G as the HAO one is RS sized (both flash hider and suppressor) whereas the Angry G is not.

2 hours ago, camden said:

It is the Angry gun suppressor, well spotted. I bought the matching flash hider with it and it fits very securely. Will post a picture asap.

I would buy the HAO one these days if I hadn't already got the Angry G as the HAO one is RS sized (both flash hider and suppressor) whereas the Angry G is not.

Yeah I have the angry gun with surefire suppressor as well but just can't seem to get the thing to lock on

7 hours ago, camden said:

I have heard the HAO one weighs a shit ton, and makes the gun quite front heavy.

5 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I have heard the HAO one weighs a shit ton, and makes the gun quite front heavy.

There are a few versions of the HAO one. If you are a lightweight snowflake like myself, then go for the 'airsoft' version, which weighs about the same as the Angry G at 231grams but better made and closer to RS spec in terms of dimensions. However, if you are a true SAS warrior, then go for the 'hardcore' version (their words :) ) at 505 grams. The thing is: any real suppressor will make a rifle front-heavy and mess with its weight balance that far forward.

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-556rc-dummy-pre-order

There is also a HAO 'trainer' that looks a bit rubbish (open at the front) weighing 'the same as a real one' (again, their words)

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-sf-suppressor-trainers

By the way, I bought their MWS bolt carrier and it is pretty but no better than the original. Probably shoots less well but it is pretty (did I mention that already :) ?) and has a reinforced back end so less wear? The old adage of " internals: japan, externals: taiwan" still seems to hold true.

Have ordered the PTS ambi selector and will report back once installed.

10 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah I have the angry gun with surefire suppressor as well but just can't seem to get the thing to lock on

Only works with the matching flash hider as mentioned by Captain Darling

Edited by camden

Can someone who owns / owned the Prowin 50rnd mags explain to me why they are not the rage? Lightweight and high capacity ( expensive yes... ) but do they work as advertised? Safe to buy? 

Edit. I can read that people dislike them, but what is the problem with them? Something fixable? 

Edited by Hypokondrikern
With the hope of getting answer

On 16/03/2021 at 20:53, Super64 said:

Does the Madbull Omega X FSP rail fit onto the TM MWS without modifications? Or any other make FSP rail.

I’m sure it’s probably buried somewhere in the 180 pages of this thread, but nothing obvious came up in a search.

So, in answer to my own question, it appears yes, the Madbull Omega X FSP rail does fit without modification. The barrel nut is to wide to secure the barrel by itself, due to the specific TM barrel design, but I’ve managed to secure it with a spare O ring which fits snuggly round the barrel and under the barrel nut.

E767E9A7-5F24-4231-84CF-9BFBE320A416.jpeg

FEE5E4C0-25D5-4783-8808-470410D4895F.jpeg