THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

14 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Snap 😉

E78E578D-2AF6-4A37-B86B-D1F019017F4E.jpeg

FF188406-D71A-449A-9F8C-076C0BAC593B.jpeg

Nice, I need to get my surefire weapon light but have decided on what model and I am also not planning on running a PEQ just yet has no Night vision. Is that a real Acog?

Looking good there fellas! The L119A2 is all the rage at the moment.. well that and the the Mk18 still.... although anything CAG seems to be in too but ya' need some serious mulla to drop on HAO to achieve that Seal Team look. But who needs USSF when we can go UKSF.. the L119A2 just looks so much more cooler! Amen :)

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Looking good there fellas! The L119A2 is all the rage at the moment.. well that and the the Mk18 still.... although anything CAG seems to be in too but ya' need some serious mulla to drop on HAO to achieve that Seal Team look. But who needs USSF when we can go UKSF.. the L119A2 just looks so much more cooler! Amen :)

Yeah I am just hoping when I go to my first game after lockdown that not everyone turns up with an L119A2 haha

On 11/03/2021 at 21:23, Wild Weasel said:

Mine is the ag socom rc2 with the acetech at2000 tracer in at night and a mini paint roller foam inner during the day and yes it does mute the shot noise a bit, sort of softens it slightly.

After a bit of playing around I think I've sorted it now with no further problems.

Got my tracer fitted with some custom bits made by this guy.

IMG_1599.jpg

Now if Marui releases a MP5 MWS... well hello baby! Could that even be possible? 

19 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Aren’t most people fielding L119s and MK18s these days 🥴

Naaaah what planet do you live on? 😂

37 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Now if Marui releases a MP5 MWS... well hello baby! Could that even be possible? 

I wish, I wish, I wish. I have ordered a WE one. Will probably shoot like shit but at least I can slap it.

14 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Nice, I need to get my surefire weapon light but have decided on what model and I am also not planning on running a PEQ just yet has no Night vision. Is that a real Acog?

No mate it’s a knock off I got from Amazon if I remember correctly. It looks the part though.

If you wanna make your MWS suuuper heavy, go get yourself a Vortex! Christ it adds a chunk..I need to start doing pull ups! 

I HATE the tan (rose gold) mount so have another on the way and an arisaka offset to mount my t1...then I am done! maybe...kinda...ish. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-15 at 09.30.51.jpeg

On 13/03/2021 at 11:35, ReformedNiceGuy said:

So plan B then; if I wanted to fit the angrygun handguard below am I correct in thinking I need either the PTS adapter ring / a mil-spec outer barrel?

Handguard: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-93-inch---gen-2-version-desert-dirt-color

Adapter: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Outer barrel: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-milspec-outer-barrel-set-marui-m4-gbb-mws-2018-version

with the V2 angry gun rail the PTS ring will not fit. I tried and failed. they have changed the profile of the inside of the barrel nut. the v1 rail fitted fine. 

you will need the mil spec AG outer barrel set which comes with an adapter. the guy I spoke to at AG said it will be included in the future with the rails...but that was just BS to get me to leave him alone. 

They are the worst! I would personally just wait and get the HAO. 

Everybody knows the mk16 is the new mk18

pic.thumb.jpg.38307c8d304cafba3a4884eb57fc2ccd.jpg

I've got to say I managed to get permission to get onto some private land today to shoot at long ranges with my MWS, and it was shooting like horse shit.  This evening I worked on my GHK AK74 and my MWS, and the Mauri has so much nicer to fix.  It may just be an inherant AK vs M4 thing, but the MWS was a pleasure to work on.  I found out what was wrong and fixed it:737604397_wornbucking3.thumb.jpg.36d7c0211e7e718072f028085f98df26.jpg

2062115143_wornbucking1.thumb.jpg.3ea89a6d693cb111094dd1232320aa1d.jpg

I've only had the gun since October 2020!  I have shot it a lot though, that's maybe 3000 - 4000 bb's through a soft as shit Modify X bucking on black gas or MAPP.  The barrel was also very dirty.  All sorted now with a Modify tan I had in my bits box.

The more I look at the MK16 the more I’m  not feeling it. I actually prefer the classic MK18 truth be told. I’m trying to like it but I just don’t. The SMR Geissele rail on the 416 I do like but the URG-I? Nope. Nada. 

Looks aside, damn that hop rubber has had a bartering. What ammo have you been using in it? And using black gas? What power were you getting ?

Edited by AlphaBear

19 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

The more I look at the MK16 the more I’m  not feeling it. I actually prefer the classic MK18 truth be told. I’m trying to like it but I just don’t. The SMR Geissele rail on the 416 I do like but the URG-I? Nope. Nada. 

Looks aside, damn that hop rubber has had a bartering. What ammo have you been using in it? And using black gas? What power were you getting ?

I Just got back into airsoft after a 7 year absence and was horrified to see all this M-LOK stuff haha. I think it is absolutely ugly but I get why it is popular. As chunky and heavy as a DD RIS is, I will take an old school MK18 any day.

Edited by gunbod007

I felt the same until I tried it.  It feels very skinny and unobtrusive in the hand, it weighs less, and it seems to me to be ergonomically superior.  I struggle to use the old RIS style now, it just feels like I'm tring to manipulate the gun whilst its attached to a clunky cheese grater.

Whilst the mk18 had certain real steel advantages due to heat dissipation, these are not relevant in airsoft.  I really like Magpul as an innovative modern business, and their R&D on M Lok was superb.  I remember getting one of the early MOE handguards for my PTW about 10 years ago and liking it's 'high speed, low drag' ergonomics, and what Geissele have done with that concept is refine it further.  HAO have done an excellent job again at making it affordable for airsoft.  Firm handshakes all round.

1 hour ago, Captain Darling said:

I felt the same until I tried it.  It feels very skinny and unobtrusive in the hand, it weighs less, and it seems to me to be ergonomically superior.  I struggle to use the old RIS style now, it just feels like I'm tring to manipulate the gun whilst its attached to a clunky cheese grater.

Whilst the mk18 had certain real steel advantages due to heat dissipation, these are not relevant in airsoft.  I really like Magpul as an innovative modern business, and their R&D on M Lok was superb.  I remember getting one of the early MOE handguards for my PTW about 10 years ago and liking it's 'high speed, low drag' ergonomics, and what Geissele have done with that concept is refine it further.  HAO have done an excellent job again at making it affordable for airsoft.  Firm handshakes all round.

Oh yeah, no doubt it has it's pros just shame about the looks. I think the Colt Canada IUR is the best of both worlds. Very slim hand guard but still has the rails.

Aesthetically I like both OG RIS rails and M-Lok (can’t stand KeyMod for no other reason than I can’t look at it without thinking of IKEA).

In practice I’d find it hard to come back from M-Lok having used it, the amount of weight it shaves off the front end is crazy.

The IUR is such a weird rail to me, I think it looks absolutely vile (which may well be looking at it with my new M-Lok tinted lenses). The reason I say it’s weird is because I love the SAI GRY rail, and they’re such similar rails. Alas, we like what we like 🤷🏻‍♂️.

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Aesthetically I like both OG RIS rails and M-Lok (can’t stand KeyMod for no other reason than I can’t look at it without thinking of IKEA).

In practice I’d find it hard to come back from M-Lok having used it, the amount of weight it shaves off the front end is crazy.

The IUR is such a weird rail to me, I think it looks absolutely vile (which may well be looking at it with my new M-Lok tinted lenses). The reason I say it’s weird is because I love the SAI GRY rail, and they’re such similar rails. Alas, we like what we like 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Yep that's true each to their own, I will admit I didn't like the IUR/L119 at fist but it grew on me very quickly and I think for a RS weapon is a really clever solution as you get free float without having the big and bulky bolts between the hand guard and receiver like on MK18 and URGI.

It is also probably better for retaining zero with lasers and if you want to mount red dots on the hand guard.

I think if they did an actualy IUR for airsoft I'd probably be more interested to get one, but I'm not into the faux rail offerings I've seen so far.  I heard Archwick were thinking of CNC'ing a solid billet integrated upper receiver, but I'm not sure if they'd do an MWS version.  HAO might do one for the MWS?  I also heard an unobtainium RS version will fit the GHK M4?

31 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

I think if they did an actualy IUR for airsoft I'd probably be more interested to get one, but I'm not into the faux rail offerings I've seen so far.  I heard Archwick were thinking of CNC'ing a solid billet integrated upper receiver, but I'm not sure if they'd do an MWS version.  HAO might do one for the MWS?  I also heard an unobtainium RS version will fit the GHK M4?

Aye, HAO make one. Certainly not cheap, but I'm sure folks that really get their Jimmies rustled by it are excited it exists.

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-l119a2-cqbr-monolithic-upper-kit-iur-for-marui-mws-assembled-no-tool

37 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

HAO already did one and its available for sale now

HAO's L119A2 CQBR Monolithic Upper kit (IUR) for Marui MWS | haoptw (haoptwart.com)

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, HAO make one. Certainly not cheap, but I'm sure folks that really get their Jimmies rustled by it are excited it exists.

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-l119a2-cqbr-monolithic-upper-kit-iur-for-marui-mws-assembled-no-tool

beat me to it

Yep the HAO is a masterpiece, no idea how you put the inner barrel in haha.

But compared with the angry gun on price I just don't know anyone that can actually justify it.

I am not a machinist by any measure, but surely the Hao is completely overpriced. 

I get making an IUR is a complex process but cmon, 1000????

Edited by gunbod007

3 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Yep the HAO is a masterpiece, no idea how you put the inner barrel in haha.

There is a special tool that fits over the barrel and slides inside the handguard to do up the barrel nut... Same as the real steel.

It's quite a neat design really, just not cheap to reproduce.

Having said that, whilst the upper is fairly expensive, the full kit is actually an ok ish price, although still expensive. Considering the very low quantities they actually make them in I'd say it's a decent price. It's certainly not a small bit of machining as you say. If I did a batch of 10 through the suppliers I use at work I would expect to pay about £750 per receiver and that's not including anodising or design time which also adds up really quickly...

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

One day when I win the lotto I'll buy the $1500 CAG 416 kit for my MWS... until then I'll keep my fingers crossed for a native Marui 416 MWS release...

37 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

One day when I win the lotto I'll buy the $1500 CAG 416 kit for my MWS... until then I'll keep my fingers crossed for a native Marui 416 MWS release...

Surely they should adapt the zet system into more GBBRs. 

Just now, gunbod007 said:

Surely they should adapt the zet system into more GBBRs. 

Largely bolts on to what @Crazy_Crystal said. Weighing up the costs of R&D and production with the demand, Marui only care about the Japanese market. If the various AR iterations of the MWS continue to sell like hot cakes there isn't much of a need for them to deviate and start pumping those sunk costs into something similar. I'm honestly surpised the AK appeared as quickly as it did, which might sound like madness given the gap between the AR MWS coming out and the announcement of the AK.

Such a weirdly unique company, many get burned at the stake because they don't ship to certain countries while Marui trudge along as if the rest of the world literally doesn't exist.

Side note, that's not to say I wouldn't love to see other variants... just can't see it happening any time soon.