THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

3 hours ago, Marto said:

Hello everyone!

From the people that upgraded their inner barrel, has anyone noticed any major performance benefit?
I've read some messages in this topic, but I wasn't fully clarified since there are some people claiming that the investment is not worth it and the ones that claimed that it was worth it, usually had a DMR platform (I play in Portugal and besides being limited to 1.3 Joules, I have a CQB-R).

So, for the people that noticed a difference, which inner barrel did you upgrade to?

Thanks a lot!

When I first got my MWS, I had an Edgi 6.03 in it. From what I understand, Edgi barrels are some of the best you can get. I used it for a while with this inner barrel, but eventually wanted to run a shorter outer barrel and the Edgi was too long (stuck out of the end of the outer barrel), so I put the stock barrel back in. 

As much as I hate to admit it, there was 0 noticeable difference between these inner barrels in my MWS when actually using it to shoot at people. I've recently put an MR bucking inside, previously used an Autobot, with an Omega nub, and I'm very happy with how it performs with either inner barrel. What I can say is, if you want to squeeze a bit more FPS out of the gun, a tighter and longer inner barrel will do that. But, I get 1.4 joules (at room temperature) with my G&P bolt so I don't need the tighter and longer inner barrel when I want to up my power.

The stock inner barrel is actually very good truth be told and there really isn't a need to swap it out.... I believe it's already tight bore spec or close to one... The prommy one is 6.03 (mind you all prommies are) and I believe the Marui is either 6.05 or 6.08mm. It's somewhere written down here in this thread...

Hi. I just installed an AG v2 nozzle and can feel that the nozzle return spring is significantly harder than standard. What are the benefits and disadvantages of it

On 10/03/2021 at 09:18, gunbod007 said:

Oh that's annoying. I have the FH556 Flash hider and matching UKSF Suppressor and seems fine. What model do you have? I am swapping out the inner tube in mine for a tracer unit.

I am about

Mine is the ag socom rc2 with the acetech at2000 tracer in at night and a mini paint roller foam inner during the day and yes it does mute the shot noise a bit, sort of softens it slightly.

After a bit of playing around I think I've sorted it now with no further problems.

Edited by Wild Weasel

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Mine is the ag socom rc2 with the acetech at2000 tracer in at night and a mini paint roller foam inner during the day and yes it does mute the shot noise a bit, sort of softens it slightly.

After a bit of playing around I think I've sorted it now with no further problems.

Ah I am actually having trouble fitting a tracer in mine. I have the Xcortech Xt301 V2

Having some custom aluminium fittings made for it

Did someone ever cut down the magazine follower “tail” to make room for more bbs? Or make a hole in the magazine base so the “tail” can protrude. What could one gain from that? 7-10 rounds?

Edit. Never mind, realized that the spring takes up space compressed which equals that of the “tail”. Thus no possibility to increase the round count by modding. 

Edited by Hypokondrikern

18 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Ah I am actually having trouble fitting a tracer in mine. I have the Xcortech Xt301 V2

Having some custom aluminium fittings made for it

I fit my Acetech Lighter S into the Angrygun Socom556 suppressor, by removing the metal tube that comes in the suppressor, creating a tight fitting cardboard+electrical tape cylinder to surround the tracer and make it tight against the suppressor internals, then putting the tracer into the cylinder and the cylinder into the suppressor. It's not the best solution though, making one out of aluminium would be 100x better!

1 minute ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

Has anyone ordered from JK Army recently? They have a handguard I want but I'm a little concerned that it might take a while to get here.

Granted I went for whatever the standard shipping is, but I ordered something toward the start of December last year... it's yet to turn up 😅

8 hours ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

Has anyone ordered from JK Army recently? They have a handguard I want but I'm a little concerned that it might take a while to get here.

They're really slow. I always choose the cheapest shipping option available when buying parts, and packages from shops like redwolf, wgc, rainbow8 or boomarms arrive in under a couple of weeks, but every damn order that was shipped by jkarmy took more than a month. Sometimes they even take more than a week to process your order before shipping, even if it was in stock when you made the purchase.

15 hours ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

Yep, I've been waiting for over 70days for a maritime bolt catch now - ordered on the 10th December, they keep saying wait a couple more days and see if it turns up and have you spoke to Royal Mail when it's not even in the country!

So plan B then; if I wanted to fit the angrygun handguard below am I correct in thinking I need either the PTS adapter ring / a mil-spec outer barrel?

Handguard: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-93-inch---gen-2-version-desert-dirt-color

Adapter: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Outer barrel: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-milspec-outer-barrel-set-marui-m4-gbb-mws-2018-version

1 hour ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

So plan B then; if I wanted to fit the angrygun handguard below am I correct in thinking I need either the PTS adapter ring / a mil-spec outer barrel?

Handguard: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angrygun-mk16-m-lok-rail-93-inch---gen-2-version-desert-dirt-color

Adapter: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Outer barrel: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-milspec-outer-barrel-set-marui-m4-gbb-mws-2018-version

I have just swapped my handguard to the Angry Gun L119A2 and yeah I needed to get either the adapter or the outer barrel changed. I wanted a short outer barrel anyway so opted to change this. You will probably need shims to ensure a tight fit with no wobble

20 hours ago, ReformedNiceGuy said:

The outer barrel set you linked to seems to include the adaptor ring?! Might be worth emailing / calling Firesupport to check...they are really helpful.

@ReformedNiceGuy99.9% of the time you will need one of those PTS barrel adapters. I have a Mk18 rail on mine (an AEG one) and to make that fit onto the MWS I needed an adapter ring and a couple of shims. It's simple. But as @SSPKalihas said, just call FS and they will tell you for sure.... 

On 12/03/2021 at 23:32, Eenthuncob said:

Do we still have someone on here that makes hpa tapped drum mags for the mws? I'm after one to use during the colder months.

User on here rocketdogbert

HPA is the devils work though, maybe just try shooting less and using black gas unless it’s sub zero, and then at that point just stay at home?

Edited by Captain Darling
Got the name mixed up...

On 12/03/2021 at 23:32, Eenthuncob said:

Do we still have someone on here that makes hpa tapped drum mags for the mws? I'm after one to use during the colder months.

I make Green Gas drum mags, you can convert them to HPA if you want.

Not cheap or light though, as they are designed to be used as a normal gas mag. It will cost you an AW M4 drum mag, an MWS or MTR mag, plus £100 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nuprol 4.0 (Black Gas) 0c - 10c

Nuprol 3.0 (Red Gas) 10c-20c maybe even up to 22c (Abbey Ultra is fine too)

Nuprol 2.0 22c plus (Abbey Green)

30c plus > beach with beer sod airsoft

IMHO, HPA in a MWS? why, why why? You may aswell get a Wolverine or Tippy?

Edited by AlphaBear

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Nuprol 4.0 (Black Gas) 0c - 10c

Nuprol 3.0 (Red Gas) 10c-20c maybe even up to 22c (Abbey Ultra is fine too)

Nuprol 2.0 22c plus (Abbey Green)

30c plus > beach with beer sod airsoft

It's not something I'd look to do, and I'm not particularly against HPA but the relatively obvious answer is ultimately down to finances. The MWS, MTW and Tippmann are all expensive platforms with a relatively high buy in, if you're already invested in the MWS platform it makes much more sense financially to HPA tap/get a drum mag made rather than picking up an entirely separate platform to what something you already own can do. It's a boring answer, but I suspect it's the right one.

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Each to their own, but HPA?🤮

In fairness I have never shot one, Is see the appeal. And would be good for speedsoft I guess but for me personally the realism combined with performance that you get with the MWS is just perfect to me.

Does the Madbull Omega X FSP rail fit onto the TM MWS without modifications? Or any other make FSP rail.

I’m sure it’s probably buried somewhere in the 180 pages of this thread, but nothing obvious came up in a search.

How it started....

...How it's going.

Externals:

Angry Gun Surefire 216A flash hider and FH556SA suppressor

Angry Gun L119A2 10" outer barrel

Angry Gun L119A2 rail

Holosun Classic HS403-C in FDE

PTS EPG
RS Magpul CTR stock.

Still awaiting Magpul AFG + RVG, Magpul MS3, Magpul RSA and Magpul ASAP QD from Brownells but thought I would share as has been a quiet day.

Internals are completely stock although if I can ever get the barrel off again I'd like to try the Super Nub

Edited by gunbod007