THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

I am tempted to get an NGRS but I would get it from eagle 6 with upgrades and battery wiring out of the box, CBA fucking about with an AEG

They really are easy to tinker with truth be told. You just need the right tools. But all you really need to do to them is change the spring, spring guide and a tight bore and purple prommy rubber.  That’s it’s. Mind you, tight bore and a prommy purple can add up to 15fps if done properly so really you can leave the spring stock. 

But yeah get one from E6 and add your upgrades if you so desire. 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

They really are easy to tinker with truth be told. You just need the right tools. But all you really need to do to them is change the spring, spring guide and a tight bore and purple prommy rubber.  That’s it’s. Mind you, tight bore and a prommy purple can add up to 15fps if done properly so really you can leave the spring stock. 

But yeah get one from E6 and add your upgrades if you so desire. 

Isn't there a whole thing about changing the directing of the wiring or connector ends?

I have a PTW, fully upgrade NGRS and now an MWS.

I am yet to use the MWS in anger and i am going to have to change my way of play due to the ammo restrictions.
Both my NGRS and PTW are 120 round mid cap monsters with insane range on .32s

I am interested to see how i get on with the GBBR before i get angry and grab my regular guns.

If its raining heavily... I will be using the MWS :P

23 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

May I ask, do you see flaring on the Eotech reticle, kinda like spiky flames? 

@Davegolfif I dropped mine 2m let alone 1m, I'd definitely cry... 🤣

Yeah, that kind of thing. It’s worse with my normal specs, as they’re varifocal. My shooting glasses are single vision, and less of a problem. 

I only notice it when ‘target’ shooting, during a skirmish I’m too busy taking snap shots to even realise anything is blurred. 

9 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Isn't there a whole thing about changing the directing of the wiring or connector ends?

Naaaaah, it's simple really... you can buy the kits to replace the contact bars in the stock which already have a mini Tamiya connection... Using that method you don't need to touch the NGRS.

I do plan on getting another MWS though... I fancy turning it into a L119A2 :). It's just got to be done right?

8 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Honestly if you want a NGRS as a backup gun / or something with a little more fire power then all it needs is deans connectors, decent battery, Prommy 6.03.

That's actually true...I have a NGRS which has a prommy 6.03 / purple hop/ and a spring guide... On a stock Marui piston it's pumping out 330fps!!! Go figure that one folks... But me be me, I'm ripping out the guts anyway and going all prommy inside.... I just like tinkering :D

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Honestly if you want a NGRS as a backup gun / or something with a little more fire power then all it needs is deans connectors, decent battery, Prommy 6.03.

Yep exactly to run as a backup cheers for the tip

27 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I do plan on getting another MWS though... I fancy turning it into a L119A2 :). It's just got to be done right?

100% agree, been looking at the angry gun kit but I have spent way too much at the moment. To be honest I probably wouldn't be one of those guys trying to accurately represent the L119A2 with correct selectors, charging handles etc. Just a CTR, T1/2 style red dot and that sexy forend. I suppose l119 inspired is more accurate.

11 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Yeah, that kind of thing. It’s worse with my normal specs, as they’re varifocal. My shooting glasses are single vision, and less of a problem. 

I only notice it when ‘target’ shooting, during a skirmish I’m too busy taking snap shots to even realise anything is blurred. 

Have you tried these? It’s a physics thing, essentially a pin-hole camera, the small hole re-focuses the light, no more blurring

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EyePal-Sight-Master-Rifles-Pistols/dp/B00DG5Y9GW

Might be cheaper elsewhere, but they do work really well

34 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Have you tried these? It’s a physics thing, essentially a pin-hole camera, the small hole re-focuses the light, no more blurring

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EyePal-Sight-Master-Rifles-Pistols/dp/B00DG5Y9GW

Might be cheaper elsewhere, but they do work really well

Yeah, believe it or not, I was on the national shooting team back in the mid 80's, and we used all kinds of little tricks and tweaks like this to find that special sauce.  I believe in modern parlance its called dope these days.

For airsoft skirmishes I'm not planning on sticking things on my specs, close enough is good enough with these things.  I'm right handed, left eye dominant, which also makes things tricky, so I like to keep both eyes open when shooting longs.  Pistols are great, as I can aim with my left eye, although I've just started trying to use an RMR (so I can shoot handgun under NODS) and that's damn hard in itself to begin with.  All of these reflex sights are great though, very fast at getting on target first shot.  I can put up with a bit of blur.

29 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

Yeah, believe it or not, I was on the national shooting team back in the mid 80's, and we used all kinds of little tricks and tweaks like this to find that special sauce.  I believe in modern parlance its called dope these days.

For airsoft skirmishes I'm not planning on sticking things on my specs, close enough is good enough with these things.  I'm right handed, left eye dominant, which also makes things tricky, so I like to keep both eyes open when shooting longs.  Pistols are great, as I can aim with my left eye, although I've just started trying to use an RMR (so I can shoot handgun under NODS) and that's damn hard in itself to begin with.  All of these reflex sights are great though, very fast at getting on target first shot.  I can put up with a bit of blur.

I shoot a rifle left handed as my right eye sight is really bad, but I shoot pistol right handed / left eye. 

The worst part of right-handed / left eye is trying to set up your belt to manage both! No way I can get my pistol AND M4 mags AND bfg on the right, with pistol mags on the left and dump pouch....who knows where! Chest rigs and no side arm are the way forward for sure!

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

3 days without an MWS post!? 😳

This will not do!

I was always on the fence about painting this rifle, but after fitting the battered and bruised 551 I knew the unmarked black paintwork looked out of place!

So after a bit of time with some khaki Krylon and thinners this is the end result.

It's not easy to replicate something that would normally occur naturally but I'm happy with the end result.

Although it's hard knowing when to stop! The beauty of this though as it's very easy to go back over it and amend anything you don't like.

All it needs now is a suitably weathered weapon light and laser unit.

20210224_080613.jpg

20210224_080521.jpg

Looks awesome 👍🏻 You’ve got the weathered look spot on 

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

@RMDavishave you been playing in the mud again?😂

It certainly looks that way! 😁

3 hours ago, JSwan said:

Looks awesome 👍🏻 You’ve got the weathered look spot on 

Thank you bud! 😊

1 hour ago, jsmithski said:

Looks exactly like my old KWA SR10!

A046576C-E8FA-4037-AD52-C10F60C50D6C.jpeg

Damn they look like they're from the same family! 😂

That's the cheapest I've seen them for a long time.... could be coz the £ is getting stronger again and we should see items get a tad cheaper.... Also I heard from one retailer that they will be getting a large shipment of Marui RIFs in the next 2-3 weeks. This implies all UK retailers will get a restock of these Marui items as they all seem to get imported into the UK at the same time.

I don't even know how this is a problem. Got this Angry Gun QD sling swivel and plate for the buffer tube. It doesn't fit standard QD points!!! So now stuck with an incompatible sling and waste of money. Would avoid the Angry gun Sling point unless you're planning on using their swivel.

IMG_1143.JPG

16 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

There are different standards. Always measure it first before ordering.

I have asked in another thread but do you reckon it's worth modifying? Like shaving down the point that is too long. Surely as long as the Ball bearings go in its all good

7 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

I wouldn't trust my fancy GBBR hanging off some butchered airsoft mount.  RS all the way for that shit if you're jumping through windows or hanging off a helicopter...

Can't get a RS QD sling plate to fit without mods either so its one way or the other