THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, that’s hideous. The correct way is to mount a custom MWS mag top in the magwell, with a micro line coming out of the grip or stock.

Agreed. The KuzminSolutions dude seems to be making something like this but it requires modification to the trigger box to work so it's a bust for most people. Some kind of HPA 9mm AR adapter would probably work better since it frees up space at the back of the magwell for your adapter, then you can take mp5 or ARP magazines into the magwell. If you don't care about looks and want significantly more rounds, then I'd say this is your best bet right now, otherwise drum mag I guess.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, that’s hideous. The correct way is to mount a custom MWS mag top in the magwell, with a micro line coming out of the grip or stock.

Then you just slap a normal AEG mag into the magwell

Yup

So I was last Airsofting maybe 5 or 6 years a go and only just go back into it. Waiting for sites to reopen of course.

I could be wrong but I don't remember HPA being that big a deal besides the odd guy with a Polarstar, but now it seems like a deadly plague that has taken over.

15 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

So I was last Airsofting maybe 5 or 6 years a go and only just go back into it. Waiting for sites to reopen of course.

I could be wrong but I don't remember HPA being that big a deal besides the odd guy with a Polarstar, but now it seems like a deadly plague that has taken over.

Pretty much exact same view as you. I can count on one hand the amount of people I met with HPA when I was last playing in 2015. 

7 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

I sold my fully upgraded NGRS 416 delta to buy a Wolverine mtw Milspec (ootb HPA rifle) for a couple reasons: no batteries, RS compatibility for parts, durability and reliability, adjustable FPS within a few seconds, nice heavy two-stage trigger. There's no full auto on this version but it's a "DMR" build so I don't care for it. There's probably more pros that I can't think of right now too. I honestly think HPA is the best bb-flinging system out there, but where it fails is the cost of engine, the hassle of installation into third party AEG's + accompanying alignment issues, and also having to deal with pressurised air and the line getting in the way. Also you're just using compressed air, so your impact on the environment is basically nothing and your hop rubber and barrel don't get all gunky with crap from green gas :)

And you look like a ghost buster 😂

’who ya gonna call.......’ 

But yes I noticed the same observations too. There was no HPA when I stopped playing in 2012 or thereabouts and now it’s everywhere. Granted it seems like an efficient green system to use but it’s that hose and tank. That’s the only thing that puts me off. 

25 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

And you look like a ghost buster 😂

’who ya gonna call.......’ 

But yes I noticed the same observations too. There was no HPA when I stopped playing in 2012 or thereabouts and now it’s everywhere. Granted it seems like an efficient green system to use but it’s that hose and tank. That’s the only thing that puts me off. 

That’s why electromagnets were so much looked for around 2014-2015 but the prototype never saw the daylight. You know, aeg kind of piston propelled by an electromagnet instead of a spring and gears.

1 hour ago, ajumma said:

I sold my fully upgraded NGRS 416 delta to buy a Wolverine mtw Milspec (ootb HPA rifle) for a couple reasons: no batteries, RS compatibility for parts, durability and reliability, adjustable FPS within a few seconds, nice heavy two-stage trigger. There's no full auto on this version but it's a "DMR" build so I don't care for it. There's probably more pros that I can't think of right now too. I honestly think HPA is the best bb-flinging system out there, but where it fails is the cost of engine, the hassle of installation into third party AEG's + accompanying alignment issues, and also having to deal with pressurised air and the line getting in the way. Also you're just using compressed air, so your impact on the environment is basically nothing and your hop rubber and barrel don't get all gunky with crap from green gas :)

Not to start a whole debate and the is maybe a chat for another topic but yeah just my personal opinions here no judgment on anyone. I find that HPA is kind of against my reasons for enjoying airsoft. Takes away some of the realism. Not only in looks and practically but also from what I've seen, you can have a fire rate of infinite and just stick a hi cap on haha. Kind of the way AEGs went with the various upgrades like Mosfet. I am not gonna pretend to be an expert, because I'm not. But both of these elements are the opposite of why I like airsoft. It is so "paintball" like to me, sorry if thats an insult ahah.

I don't wanna go full  delta 6, dev gru, green beret, 42cmd, SBS operator level milsim but the realism of the GBBR platform and the reliability/use-ability of the MWS is probably the sole reason im back after 6 years away from the hobby/sport

But each to their own. and I suppose thats the good thing about this is we can all find our little niche. Maybe my mind will change if I try it but right now. not a fan of HPA

Talk is good as are different opinions in our hobby so no worries there fella. :) 

There’s a HPA section where this type of discussion can take place anyway. 

So let get this thread back on track and talk  all things MWS again. Tally ho everyone :)

Guest Airsoft J2
On 09/11/2020 at 20:53, Airsoft J2 said:

Does anyone else have trouble with the hop relaxing or easing off? Within a couple of hours of setting the hop (brass nub, everything else stock), I'm back to zero hop. This happens whether I fire any shots or not. Any ideas? It's a right pain and I can't help but think that I've messed something up on reassembly at some point...

I finally fixed this and thought I'd flag it for future reference.

Upon full disassembly of the hop unit, I spotted that the ratchet hammer wasn't fully engaging because it was sticking against the spring which pushes it into position. Assembling the unit properly seems to have fixed the issue which was incredibly frustrating.

My next challenges are to replace the barrel and then to fit an ambi-mag release - quality lock down fun.

19 minutes ago, quango2k said:

All airsofters with a preference for a propulsion system and a weird need to try ‘converting’ people to sharing their view are like vegans, they have to tell someone about it..but no one really cares and secretly hates you. 

FTFY

1382F50A-40C2-4B14-935C-C5496FDBBD57.jpeg.b3886b49779bb8285f3938733c4bb085.jpeg

4 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Not to start a whole debate and the is maybe a chat for another topic but yeah just my personal opinions here no judgment on anyone. I find that HPA is kind of against my reasons for enjoying airsoft. Takes away some of the realism. Not only in looks and practically but also from what I've seen, you can have a fire rate of infinite and just stick a hi cap on haha. Kind of the way AEGs went with the various upgrades like Mosfet. I am not gonna pretend to be an expert, because I'm not. But both of these elements are the opposite of why I like airsoft. It is so "paintball" like to me, sorry if thats an insult ahah.

I don't wanna go full  delta 6, dev gru, green beret, 42cmd, SBS operator level milsim but the realism of the GBBR platform and the reliability/use-ability of the MWS is probably the sole reason im back after 6 years away from the hobby/sport

But each to their own. and I suppose thats the good thing about this is we can all find our little niche. Maybe my mind will change if I try it but right now. not a fan of HPA

Totally understandable, and I was in the same boat. Once I got my MTR16 I never felt like picking up my NGRS because GBBR's are just so much fun. Nothing beats the satisfaction of hitting someone with a single, well placed shot. Bump firing 10RPS in semi, sure you hit people pretty easily, but it doesn't feel anything like a well placed single shot. 

The fire rate thing is a misconception, you will never get a HPA gun firing as fast as a DSG aeg build because you're limited by how fast the air tank regulator can refresh, but it is infinitely easier to increase RPS with HPA since you just tighten a screw. My MTW is semi only though with a heavy as shit trigger so I would say some realism is still there. My MWS is solely for Sunday skirmishes and indoor CQB because when I run 24hr+ Milsim games, it's not a feasible gun to use when you're up against people with mid-caps and full auto support weapons. I end up becoming a liability for my team, regardless of how accurate I can be with my MWS. It makes me wish there was a 40rd magazine limit for Milsims 😒

14 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Hpa users are like vegans, they have to tell someone about it..but no one really cares and secretly hates you. 

Funny, I could say the same about some GBBR users 😂 Don't worry though, once you are enlightened, you will learn to embrace hatred for everyone equally! 

I run three platforms. A PTW, MWS and NGRS. Each platform has its merits. The PTW is a pure ‘killing’ machine, it’s relentless and unforgiving. The recoils are fun and I can rely on them regardless of the weather and I can’t fault them. Then  the MWS, I smile each time I press the trigger (until I broke it 😂) and my MK18 build just looks sooooo nice. A propane adapter will be my next purchase for it as many of you guys run propane. I hear the plastic AI adapter is the better one to get though. Well that’s what the folks on the Facebook group say... 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I run three platforms. A PTW, MWS and NGRS. Each platform has its merits. The PTW is a pure ‘killing’ machine, it’s relentless and unforgiving. The recoils are fun and I can rely on them regardless of the weather and I can’t fault them. Then  the MWS, I smile each time I press the trigger (until I broke it 😂) and my MK18 build just looks sooooo nice. A propane adapter will be my next purchase for it as many of you guys run propane. I hear the plastic AI adapter is the better one to get though. Well that’s what the folks on the Facebook group say... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I take it you're using upgrade bolt like the G&P and Buffer to handle the propane? Also considering an NGRS as a cold weather/backup. From what I remember they're a pain with wiring and batteries need some custom work done by eagle 6 or something to make them better.

7 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

I take it you're using upgrade bolt like the G&P and Buffer to handle the propane? Also considering an NGRS as a cold weather/backup. From what I remember they're a pain with wiring and batteries need some custom work done by eagle 6 or something to make them better.

Nope... the Marui stock bolt is fine. The MWS  can handle propane out of the box. The only thing that will break will be the nozzle spring coz of the increased forces. Always have a couple handy just in case coz they will go at some point in the future. Also check out Badabing Pictures you tube channel. He uses propane in his MWS. Also do a search on propane in this thread. There’s a lot of talk about it somewhere here lol

Regarding the Marui recoils AEGs they are not a pain whatsoever. Out of the box they are fine. Work like clockwork. It’s only if you want more power and then you have to take the gearbox apart. So easy to do as long as you have the right tools and you know what you are doing. 

My cold weather backup is a can of Nuprol 4.0. The MWS runs brilliantly on black gas on stock internals in the cold.

If it’s too cold for the MWS to work well on black gas then it’s too cold for me to want to play.....

Of course if it gets way too cold and snows we can always make snowballs and have a snowball skirmish... lol

Going back to black gas, Patrolbase have on their website Guarder Winter Gas. The blurb says operating temperature of between 3c to 20c... I would have thought 10c give or take would have been the cut off for black gas here in Blighty and then red (Nuprol 3) up to 20c then? 

I got a couple of different brands of gas the other day. Some nuprol 3 and Abbey red can. The Abbey being a plastic fill nozzle and a metal one on the nuprol.

I feel like I'm wasting half of the nuprol on filling because it leaks whilst I'm doing it. The plastic one on the Abbey gas leaks none! 

Any tips so I'm not wasting so much gas on filling? 

4 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

My cold weather backup is a can of Nuprol 4.0. The MWS runs brilliantly on black gas on stock internals in the cold.

If it’s too cold for the MWS to work well on black gas then it’s too cold for me to want to play.....

Haha you're shitting me? All I have read is TM's only downside is their fragility but thats probably more their plastic pistols. Out of interest Nuprol 4 is your "black gas"?

2 hours ago, quango2k said:

I got a couple of different brands of gas the other day. Some nuprol 3 and Abbey red can. The Abbey being a plastic fill nozzle and a metal one on the nuprol.

I feel like I'm wasting half of the nuprol on filling because it leaks whilst I'm doing it. The plastic one on the Abbey gas leaks none! 

Any tips so I'm not wasting so much gas on filling? 

Do it in quick stabs of 1-2 seconds as it is less likely to freeze the fill valve

@gunbod007the MWS can take black gas.... you should see how much they power these up stateside.... it's well scary!!! You will need an NPAS to regulate the power though and like I said earlier the nozzle spring is the weakest link and that will go at some point depending on it's abuse... On my last game I only used Abbey Ultra Predator and the gun rocked... mind you that was Aug time so the sun was still kinda here and I believe the temp was about 15-18c

1. G&P adjustable power nozzle valve 

2. RATech NPAS

3. Angry Gun adjustable nozzle 

4. DIY NPAS (someone here made one and it's in this thread somewhere)

Oh TM pistols and plastic slides and black gas is a NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

57 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

@gunbod007the MWS can take black gas.... you should see how much they power these up stateside.... it's well scary!!! You will need an NPAS to regulate the power though and like I said earlier the nozzle spring is the weakest link and that will go at some point depending on it's abuse... On my last game I only used Abbey Ultra Predator and the gun rocked... mind you that was Aug time so the sun was still kinda here and I believe the temp was about 15-18c

1. G&P adjustable power nozzle valve 

2. RATech NPAS

3. Angry Gun adjustable nozzle 

4. DIY NPAS (someone here made one and it's in this thread somewhere)

Oh TM pistols and plastic slides and black gas is a NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

OK last dumb question. When the nozzle return spring eventually breaks would you replace with TM or something else? Have seen a UAC one at bedaubing but he had a major malfunction

26 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

OK last dumb question. When the nozzle return spring eventually breaks would you replace with TM or something else? Have seen a UAC one at bedaubing but he had a major malfunction

TM ones are like rocking horse poop..... you won't easily find them...  I have a spare G&P one in case my Marui one goes pop... In fact Eagle6 makes their own version of the MGG2-121 (that's the part number)... I wasn't aware of that until just now....only £10!! perfect

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6343/s/eaglesix-bcg-nozzle-return-spring-for-tm-m4-mws-gbbr/

13 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

TM ones are like rocking horse poop..... you won't easily find them...  I have a spare G&P one in case my Marui one goes pop... In fact Eagle6 makes their own version of the MGG2-121 (that's the part number)... I wasn't aware of that until just now....only £10!! perfect

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6343/s/eaglesix-bcg-nozzle-return-spring-for-tm-m4-mws-gbbr/

Cheers!

Just one thought around MWS vs HPA rifles. Before I found this forum and had bought my second hand MWS, I had just sold my KC02 and was on the lookout for a new primary. I was browsing and testing different HPA and AEG systems but always came to the same conclusion: my gun, my secondary will always run on gas so why not have the primary rifle in the same system for ease of maintenance and logistics. This has held up until this date. Sure, I’m teased to leave the MWS for a kythera with a c02 stock or the reputable DAS GBLS. Especially for the lighter magazines and greater shot capacity without suffering too much realism. But I always fall back on the thought of having primary and secondary ( not to mention my tornado grenades ) in the same system, operated by green gas. And to be fair, these others systems if they fail in field you’ll most likely need a significant reparation not suited for the field which leaves you in the need of a backup rifle. The MWS has a wonderful trick up its sleeve, the part that is most likely to fail is the nozzle spring housed in the BCG. Carrying an extra BCG is for me like having a backup rifle. 

Anyway, I logged in to check with you guys whether the receiver, trigger box and buffer tube are worth switching out to a version in aluminum if I want to save weight? What’s the material of the OGs? Would the weight saving be significant or negligible?